Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Blue Mountain
220 Gord Canning Drive (formerly Mountain Drive)
Blue Mountains, ON L9Y 0V9Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Blue Mountain
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://oliverbonacini.com/Blue-Mountain.aspx
- Phone: (705) 444-8680
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 11:30am; Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adam Mear
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Oliver & Bonacini provides all food and beverage service to the Westin Trillium House private and event spaces. Our extensive catering menus may be viewed at: http://www.oliverbonacini.com/EventsPrivateDining/PrivateDining/OBCafeGrillPrivateDining/BlueMountainPrivateDining.aspx
- Private Party Facilities: Less than two hours from Toronto, consider hosting your next meeting or event at Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill, Blue Mountain. The Westin Trillium House offers meeting space for up to 400, with the Café Grill offering semi-private restaurant space for up to 60, including a private outdoor terrace.
- Private Party Contact: Oliver & Bonacini Events and Private Dining 4163641211x
A word from Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Blue Mountain
This exciting Blue Mountain eatery in the upscale Westin Trillium House offers an extensive a la carte breakfast, lunch and dinner selection, as well as some seriously indulgent culinary experiences. At dinner, savour a large eclectic menu of appetizers, seafood, steaks, chops, ribs, pasta, fire-roasted pizza and gourmand burgers, complemented by a diverse wine list with plenty of good value and great splurges. Oliver & Bonacini’s bright, stylish dining room offers cozy tables by the fire in winter and pond-side terrace seating in summer. O&B also provides inspired catering in the Westin Trillium House for private events up to 400 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Blue Mountain - Best Restaurants in Blue Mountain ›
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Blue Mountain reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (27)special occasion (25)scenic view (22)kid-friendly (20)great for outdoor dining (18)fit for foodies (17)notable wine list (14)romantic (14)hot spot (12)great for brunch (11)great for lunch (10)late-night find (8)neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- All around greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/16/2014My boyfriend and I went in for dinner Sunday night and had a great time. From the great food to the outstanding service. Our waiter ( I think his name was Adam) was super quick and friendly. He even gave us some tips on places to check out in collingwood as this was our first visit. We'll absoluty come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Mountain O&BGWO2014Dined on 11/14/2014It was a girls weekend getaway for us to celebrate some 40th birthdays. Some of the girls had already been to this particular restaurant and highly recommended it. We had dinner reservations for Friday night at 7:00 pm which suprisingly was not very busy. I had ordered the Grilled Rib Eye which was delicious! I was very pleased because of my love for steaks. The whipped potatoes that came with it was a perfect pairing. My only regret is not finishing the steak because it was a big serving. I will definitely be ordering that again the next time we visit. One of the girls had ordered the Macaroni & Cheese which she loved. We enjoyed our dinner so much that we had made reservation for lunch on the next day. For lunch I had ordered the mushroom soup to start and then the Georgian Yellow Perch & Chips. The portion again was fairly large which was great. I was enjoying my meal until I came across some small bones which I didn't like so I switched meals with one of the girls and truly enjoyed half of her Classic Maple Bacon & Smoked White Cheddar Burger. The mushroom soup was just ok. We tried to come back for a late dinner that Saturday night but should had made reservations because it was very busy. The bar area was also busy. It looked like a great place to hang out for drinks. We did come back for brunch on Sunday because we were curious to see if they had offered the same menu as their other location in Toronto which they didn't but still had a good brunch menu. I had ordered the Eggs Benedict. The cheddar scallion scone was a nice alternative to an english muffin that I was used to. I would have perferred the scone on the side because it was delicious on it's own. Our overall experience at this O&B restaurant was great and we would definitely come back again. There were serveral other restaurants in the Blue Moutain village but their ratings and reviews weren't great. I will be dreaming about that rib eye steak until the next time I can have it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dinerBlueMountainRocksDined on 11/7/2014While the menu selection is limited, the quality is outstanding. Wonderful flavours and cooked to perfection. High recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just BlandOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/6/2014My husband and I ate at O. & B recently for a special occasion. It was a Thursday night and with only one other table the atmosphere was very flat. The tables are very close together so there would not be much privacy on a busy night. Our server was lovely and worked hard to make our time pleasant. The main problem was that our food was disappointingly bland. Lamb tasted like beef and fish had no flavour at all.Special Features:
- CarolineDined on 10/25/2014We were excited to go having not been to O & B before. The food was great, but We were very disappointed with the service. The girl was quiet, did not welcome us or make an attempt to be welcoming. We were in and out just like that and felt rushed and did not experience the relaxing 'Special Occasion' feeling that we went out for. Very disappointed, will not rush back.Special Features:
- Shoulder seasonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014We like this chain and generally get what we expect. This time was enjoyable except for the absence of several signature cocktails, no bas or boccincini on pizza despot the description. I think O&B at Blue Mountain can do much much better- even during shoulder seasonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect anniversary spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014i requested a romantic table for my husband and me via Open Table, and O&B delivered. The hostess even said Happy Anniversary to us as we entered the restaurant. Food was very good, service was excellent. SPG members receive 10% off lunch and dinner. The bar atmosphere left a little to be desired when we came back later for dessert. Annoying music and loud guests. But overall a very enjoyable experience at O&B. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So very averageHate2BhassledVIPDined on 10/13/2014Went for brunch following an average thanksgiving dinner. Gotta tell you, I think I could make a better omlette. The good news is it was so greasy i didn't have to chew it. Luckliy, my child had the buffet, so that allowed me to have some of his cheerios, which was a much better choice. Wow. Amazing how this place continues to put people through with such an average product.
- Like me....tiredHate2BhassledVIPDined on 10/12/2014This place is tired. Been going for years every time we are in collingwood. We stay at the Westin so don't really feel like going out at night so we eat in the hotel. Had dinner there as well as brunch. Dinner was okay. Cold. But I was hungry so I ate it. Brunch was abysmal. Service was fine. The banquette we sat in was falling apart. Don't think we'll go back.
- Went the extra mileOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014This restaurant really cares and made for a great date night. Food was decent but the service is what really makes this place stand out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dineout66Dined on 10/10/2014Great food and amazing service.....definitely enjoyed the experience. First time there and will definitely be back.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurant-okay foodBillyVIPDined on 9/27/2014We enjoyed our dinner here because we brought our own wine ($15 corkage) and had great company. The food was just okay. Calamari-mushy Goat cheese and Spinach dip- Tasted good but small amount of cheese for $19 Lamb- Very good Mac and cheese- delicious and probably will cause a heart attack if you eat it all Shrimp pasta- bland but lots of shrimp Creme Brulee- perfect Carrot cake- okay. We would return but more for the ambiance and great byow policy.Special Features:
- Glad we came!!!SLS63Dined on 9/27/2014I had made reservations a couple of days prior and I am glad I did. By 7:30pm the restaurant was full. It was our anniversary and had requested a quiet table for 2 and the hostess gave us a booth away from the main area. The food was fantastic, but took a llittle while to get it. We weren't in a hurry, but we were aware of the time it took between receiving our appetizer and main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant's theme is "bland"Kyle71473Dined on 9/14/2014I visited here while i was in the area and had gone before. My previous visit was mediocre but thought i'd give it another try, this recent visit will be my last try. I ordered a "smashed greyhound" which was more pulp than there was actual drink, every time i took a drink it felt like i need to pull a mint leave or other pulp out of my mouth. I ordered a BBQ chicken pizza which tasted like absolutely nothing. It contained a mildly sauced pizza with bland dried out pulled chicken and about 5 bits of pineapple and felt extremely undercooked and room temperature. There are other restaurants in the area and i would definitely avoid this place especially at the high price for low quality.
- Fine Dining with YellingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014A good meal, but we found the place noisier than expected as the restaurant is essentially part of the Westin Hotel lobby. Wine list was limited, which isn't that important to us. Our server was quick and attentive. Food was tasty, served quickly and hot. Not quite the experience of their Bayview location, but one of the nicer eateries in the Blue Mountain village.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014There for breakfast. Service was outstanding. The right balance of attention but not hovering. Food was delicious. Highly recommend the cheese scone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Good managementOzzieDined on 9/1/2014Went here for our romantic night out. Asked for a table tucked away and then got a group of 8 kids sit directly across from us. Started with cocktails. The slight detour tasted amazing. Ordered food. Food came fast. Our waitress it caught with the table of kids going through all the options and ingredients. I would have ordered wine with my main but waitress was nowhere to be seen. She had to ask the manager to look after us. Was annoyed about the wine it put me off wanting dessert. Manager was great also made the cocktails offered tea and coffee and apologized for our waitress. Heard nothing but great things about the dessert. Would have spent more on wine and dessert had the manager been asked to step in sooner. Great food so not all badSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrutalAddieVIPDined on 8/31/2014We had dinner with friends over the sound of fire sirens going off for at least 30 minutes. Completely unpleasant - we couldn't even talk hear each other talk. Then, they forgot to make one of the entrees and messed up another. While they couldn't do anything about the alarm, some sort of compensation for a brutal experience was expected...but nothing.
- Nothing specialLove2dineDined on 8/30/2014Was a little hard to find and we were a little late. Upon arrival I was informed that if I hadn't shown up, my table would have been given away. Nice welcome. Initially, servers were helpful. All 4 of them. However, food was served cold to two out of three guests. Although once our actual server was informed, he immediately got to work in replacing the food and within 5 mins, had food back on the table that was to our liking. I'm in no hurry to return. It wasn't awful but nothing special. Portions were small and we were forgotten easily by our server at times.
- Bad food bad serviceNatalieDined on 8/26/2014Service was poor and food was substandard and overpriced. Disappointing considering we often go to O&B Bayview Village which is excellent.
- A few glitchesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014Overall pretty good. Ordered 12 oysters on their Oyster special. Only got 11. They were very small, not the same quality as the O & B restaurant in Toronto (Biffs). A couple of mistakes on the bill that had to be corrected. Other than that very pleasant, but $16.95 for 6 spring rolls? Come on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't come backHonestdinerDined on 8/24/2014For plant based diners like us, there was a few options on the menu. The food was unfortunately bland and under seasoned. Our waitress was rude and snobby at the beginning of service but tried to redeem herself as the night went on. The food was not worth the price and we will not be going back.
- Horrible ServicesonyruDined on 8/23/2014Went here to celebrate my father's 60th birthday. We made reservations for 7. We showed up at 6:50 and the hostess didn't let us in because we were early (normal restaurant, they let you go into the bar area until they call you). She didn't ask if we wanted to sit outdoors even though it was a beautiful evening but did ask other guests. The waiter was good and friendly however, we ordered our food soon after we sat down and we waited 50 minutes to be served! The restaurant wasn't very busy when we got there (not even half full) so we don't quite understand why it took so long. When we finally got to ordering dessert, it took another 15 min to bring it out (it was just 2 creme brulees!). We were not impressed and will not return.
- noise levelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Had to eat inside due to weather. Food was good, but room was very noisy. Acoustics could be improved.Special Features:
- MelCVIPDined on 8/18/2014They run out of everything. Oysters(which is why we went there) pasta and beer. Had to ask for bread twice, never offered.
- Not the best for a coupleBonzaDined on 8/16/2014We had a reservation, showed up 20 minutes early they made us wait. Walked in and there were empty tables. Food was ok. Had better tasting food at other O&B's in toronto. Disappointing, service was ok. Noisy tables close togetherSpecial Features:
- we would come againAlexandersDined on 8/15/2014Pork chop tasted great and was perfectly plated. The mac and cheese with bacon should be a food group, mmmm....excellent service and a fun mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was dissapointed this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/8/2014Recently visited for lunch. Pasta dish described as: WHOLE WHEAT ROTINI, O&B Blue smoker chicken, herb-roasted mushrooms, arugula pesto & sweet peas. You would expect a pesto-based sauce, no? The sauce was completly tomato-based. The pesto? Hardly a few specks visible. Overall taste of the dish not bad, but menu description can definitely be improved. Made a special trek to the restaurant, it's annoying when the dish is not described properly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner after Scenic CavesChindyDined on 8/3/2014Dinner started off horribly. It was 8:10 pm and the hostess refused to seat us, because we didn't have reservations. I ended up going on opentable and getting a reservation for 8:30. We showed up again, and the hostess graciously sat us. I was very excited about their roast sunday dinner, because I always love a good roast. That's primarily the reason why I didn't want to go anywhere else for dinner within the Blue Mountain resort. We waited and waited for our entrees to come out. It finally came out after an hr of waiting. Even though we expressed out displeasure, the manager did not even offer drinks/dessert on the house, or discount on the bill. By the way, the roast is not worth the wait, it was too dry. I'm never ever coming back.Special Features:
- The following 498 reviews are from the Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Blue Mountain reviews archive.
- Don't get the ravioli!Bridget15Dined on 7/26/2014The location was great, the ambiance was great, some of the food was great, just don't order the ravioli (hence my lower review on my food order). It was watery and has no taste. The food also took a long, long, long time to get to us after we ordered: an hour at least. The waitress even came by to mention the chef was overwhelmed??? Maybe that's why the seasoning was forgotten on my meal?? Nice place for groups, dates, or to sit outside and enjoy the surroundings. We went for a bachelorette and the hostesses were very helpful in playing along with the surprise for our bride-to-be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never go back againOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/21/2014Have had dinner there several times. Good food usually but a bit overpriced. This time a group of 9 went and had the following experience: they did not know what beers they serve - had to change beer orders after a 10 minute wait; forgot to order one entree - unforgivable, one entree had a clothespin lying underneath the meat; the chicken was way overcooked and tough, our entrees were brought out one at at time and sporadically over a 10 to 30 minute period. One of our elderly guests was so distraught she could not eat at all. I have never had such a terrible experience at what is supposed to be a top of the line restaurant. This dinner ruined the entire evening for our group, including 3 visitors from Germany.
- Salty & noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014O&B Blue Mountain is our go-to restaurant for group birthday celebrations: accommodating service and quality food. This time though the food was inordinately salty -- the cup of gaspacho was laden with salt as was the gianardinera pizza. This O&B is always loud, but on this occasion the noise from the hallway was overpowering. The hotel should consider enclosing the wall to the hall in place of the wooden slats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honeymoon at BlueEvilVeggieDined on 7/14/2014We came to Blue Mountain as part of our special week away. While the resort gave us an unsavory taste in our mouths, thankfully O&B delivered. Food was fresh and served in a timely fashion. Everything we consumed exceeded expectations. We highly recommend coming here for a special dinner such as anniversary or even as a part of your special day. Wait staff will accommodate you accordingly. Our only complaint is with the reception. Midweek may be a slow time, but someone to greet guests at a classy establishment is a necessity. To be cheeky we called the restaurant while in line. No answer until the 3rd call. Seeming busier than actual fact isn't good practice. This is our only gripe however - everything else was top tier.Special Features:
- Nice dinneropen2goodfoodDined on 7/13/2014Went to Oliver and Bonacini Cafe Grill, Blue Mountain as a friend recommended it. The food was good, but not remarkable for the price. Stared outside, but the threat of rain forced us in. Found the tables very close together inside. Waiter was excellent and had a very good knowledge of wine. Would we go again? Not sure.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014I did not like my experience here. Greeters were not friendly and food was not good. We had to send the spring rolls back because they were cold inside. We were told there were no bugs on the patio but there were plenty.
- 2 out of 3 ain't badBlackMalleableElbowDined on 7/11/2014Duck Leg entree and Berry Apple Crumble dessert were both very good. Tiger Shrimp Linguine was far too salty. Patio setting with mountain view by the pond was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2014Absolutely perfect dining experience! Once again Oliver & Bonacini made our evening very memorable! Food was amazing & service was 5 stars.Special Features:
- foodguyDined on 7/6/2014the waiter seemed very inattentive and it felt like we were rushed in and out
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014I appreciated all of the staff signing a birthday card for my 12yr old son. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Great as alwaysLThorntonDined on 6/30/2014Never disappointed, amazing service, food is always satisfying. Looking forward to next months visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.