Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Blue Mountain
220 Gord Canning Drive (formerly Mountain Drive)
Blue Mountains, ON L9Y 0V9Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Blue Mountain
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://oliverbonacini.com/Blue-Mountain.aspx
- Phone: 7054448680x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 11:30am; Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef de Cuisine, Adam Mear
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Oliver & Bonacini provides all food and beverage service to the Westin Trillium House private and event spaces. Our extensive catering menus may be viewed at: http://www.oliverbonacini.com/EventsPrivateDining/PrivateDining/OBCafeGrillPrivateDining/BlueMountainPrivateDining.aspx
- Private Party Facilities: Less than two hours from Toronto, consider hosting your next meeting or event at Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill, Blue Mountain. The Westin Trillium House offers meeting space for up to 400, with the Café Grill offering semi-private restaurant space for up to 60, including a private outdoor terrace.
- Private Party Contact: Oliver & Bonacini Events and Private Dining 4163641211x
A word from Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Blue Mountain
This exciting Blue Mountain eatery in the upscale Westin Trillium House offers an extensive a la carte breakfast, lunch and dinner selection, as well as some seriously indulgent culinary experiences. At dinner, savour a large eclectic menu of appetizers, seafood, steaks, chops, ribs, pasta, fire-roasted pizza and gourmand burgers, complemented by a diverse wine list with plenty of good value and great splurges. Oliver & Bonacini’s bright, stylish dining room offers cozy tables by the fire in winter and pond-side terrace seating in summer. O&B also provides inspired catering in the Westin Trillium House for private events up to 400 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Blue Mountain - Best Restaurants in Blue Mountain ›
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Blue Mountain reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (28)scenic view (27)great for outdoor dining (26)special occasion (23)kid-friendly (22)fit for foodies (15)great for brunch (9)great for lunch (9)romantic (9)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (7)notable wine list (7)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Bad food bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014Service was poor and food was substandard and overpriced. Disappointing considering we often go to O&B Bayview Village which is excellent.
- A few glitchesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014Overall pretty good. Ordered 12 oysters on their Oyster special. Only got 11. They were very small, not the same quality as the O & B restaurant in Toronto (Biffs). A couple of mistakes on the bill that had to be corrected. Other than that very pleasant, but $16.95 for 6 spring rolls? Come on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't come backOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014For plant based diners like us, there was a few options on the menu. The food was unfortunately bland and under seasoned. Our waitress was rude and snobby at the beginning of service but tried to redeem herself as the night went on. The food was not worth the price and we will not be going back.
- Horrible ServicesonyruDined on 8/23/2014Went here to celebrate my father's 60th birthday. We made reservations for 7. We showed up at 6:50 and the hostess didn't let us in because we were early (normal restaurant, they let you go into the bar area until they call you). She didn't ask if we wanted to sit outdoors even though it was a beautiful evening but did ask other guests. The waiter was good and friendly however, we ordered our food soon after we sat down and we waited 50 minutes to be served! The restaurant wasn't very busy when we got there (not even half full) so we don't quite understand why it took so long. When we finally got to ordering dessert, it took another 15 min to bring it out (it was just 2 creme brulees!). We were not impressed and will not return.
- noise levelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Had to eat inside due to weather. Food was good, but room was very noisy. Acoustics could be improved.Special Features:
- MelCVIPDined on 8/18/2014They run out of everything. Oysters(which is why we went there) pasta and beer. Had to ask for bread twice, never offered.
- Not the best for a coupleBonzaDined on 8/16/2014We had a reservation, showed up 20 minutes early they made us wait. Walked in and there were empty tables. Food was ok. Had better tasting food at other O&B's in toronto. Disappointing, service was ok. Noisy tables close togetherSpecial Features:
- we would come againAlexandersDined on 8/15/2014Pork chop tasted great and was perfectly plated. The mac and cheese with bacon should be a food group, mmmm....excellent service and a fun mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was dissapointed this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/8/2014Recently visited for lunch. Pasta dish described as: WHOLE WHEAT ROTINI, O&B Blue smoker chicken, herb-roasted mushrooms, arugula pesto & sweet peas. You would expect a pesto-based sauce, no? The sauce was completly tomato-based. The pesto? Hardly a few specks visible. Overall taste of the dish not bad, but menu description can definitely be improved. Made a special trek to the restaurant, it's annoying when the dish is not described properly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner after Scenic CavesChindyDined on 8/3/2014Dinner started off horribly. It was 8:10 pm and the hostess refused to seat us, because we didn't have reservations. I ended up going on opentable and getting a reservation for 8:30. We showed up again, and the hostess graciously sat us. I was very excited about their roast sunday dinner, because I always love a good roast. That's primarily the reason why I didn't want to go anywhere else for dinner within the Blue Mountain resort. We waited and waited for our entrees to come out. It finally came out after an hr of waiting. Even though we expressed out displeasure, the manager did not even offer drinks/dessert on the house, or discount on the bill. By the way, the roast is not worth the wait, it was too dry. I'm never ever coming back.Special Features:
- Don't get the ravioli!Bridget15Dined on 7/26/2014The location was great, the ambiance was great, some of the food was great, just don't order the ravioli (hence my lower review on my food order). It was watery and has no taste. The food also took a long, long, long time to get to us after we ordered: an hour at least. The waitress even came by to mention the chef was overwhelmed??? Maybe that's why the seasoning was forgotten on my meal?? Nice place for groups, dates, or to sit outside and enjoy the surroundings. We went for a bachelorette and the hostesses were very helpful in playing along with the surprise for our bride-to-be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never go back againOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/21/2014Have had dinner there several times. Good food usually but a bit overpriced. This time a group of 9 went and had the following experience: they did not know what beers they serve - had to change beer orders after a 10 minute wait; forgot to order one entree - unforgivable, one entree had a clothespin lying underneath the meat; the chicken was way overcooked and tough, our entrees were brought out one at at time and sporadically over a 10 to 30 minute period. One of our elderly guests was so distraught she could not eat at all. I have never had such a terrible experience at what is supposed to be a top of the line restaurant. This dinner ruined the entire evening for our group, including 3 visitors from Germany.
- Salty & noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014O&B Blue Mountain is our go-to restaurant for group birthday celebrations: accommodating service and quality food. This time though the food was inordinately salty -- the cup of gaspacho was laden with salt as was the gianardinera pizza. This O&B is always loud, but on this occasion the noise from the hallway was overpowering. The hotel should consider enclosing the wall to the hall in place of the wooden slats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honeymoon at BlueEvilVeggieDined on 7/14/2014We came to Blue Mountain as part of our special week away. While the resort gave us an unsavory taste in our mouths, thankfully O&B delivered. Food was fresh and served in a timely fashion. Everything we consumed exceeded expectations. We highly recommend coming here for a special dinner such as anniversary or even as a part of your special day. Wait staff will accommodate you accordingly. Our only complaint is with the reception. Midweek may be a slow time, but someone to greet guests at a classy establishment is a necessity. To be cheeky we called the restaurant while in line. No answer until the 3rd call. Seeming busier than actual fact isn't good practice. This is our only gripe however - everything else was top tier.Special Features:
- Nice dinneropen2goodfoodDined on 7/13/2014Went to Oliver and Bonacini Cafe Grill, Blue Mountain as a friend recommended it. The food was good, but not remarkable for the price. Stared outside, but the threat of rain forced us in. Found the tables very close together inside. Waiter was excellent and had a very good knowledge of wine. Would we go again? Not sure.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014I did not like my experience here. Greeters were not friendly and food was not good. We had to send the spring rolls back because they were cold inside. We were told there were no bugs on the patio but there were plenty.
- 2 out of 3 ain't badBlackMalleableElbowDined on 7/11/2014Duck Leg entree and Berry Apple Crumble dessert were both very good. Tiger Shrimp Linguine was far too salty. Patio setting with mountain view by the pond was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2014Absolutely perfect dining experience! Once again Oliver & Bonacini made our evening very memorable! Food was amazing & service was 5 stars.Special Features:
- foodguyDined on 7/6/2014the waiter seemed very inattentive and it felt like we were rushed in and out
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014I appreciated all of the staff signing a birthday card for my 12yr old son. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Great as alwaysLThorntonDined on 6/30/2014Never disappointed, amazing service, food is always satisfying. Looking forward to next months visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Reliable FoodCrackerDined on 6/30/2014We have eaten here a number of times and the food has always been good. I had the shrimp linguine which was not outstanding but my husband had the double pork chops which he said were delicious. It is our go to restaurant up at Blue Mountain.Special Features:
- MelodyDined on 6/28/2014It was a lovely dining experience! Our waiter was fabulous and made the experience extra fun. The food was delicious! I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Loving new sidesARegDined on 6/28/2014We are regulars at the restaurant so know the menu. NOT loving the new summer sides. Always get ribs the coleslaw was Not flavorful at all. Would rather have the previous beans. Pecan tart was also slightly changed, used to have fried lemon zest on top. ..which was not included. Please bring back the "old way" of doing things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No respect for customersLittlerespectDined on 6/14/2014Showed up at 6:10pm for a 6:15 reservation. Was told they were running on time, so please have a seat and wait. When i enquired about this i was then told on their system it was only 6 pm, and they could not fix it, so we wouldn't be seated for 15 minutes. We wandered down the hallway, where you can see into the restaurant and saw it was almost empty. Went back to the front and pointed this out, so the grudgingly seated us at the table we reserved at the time we reserved. Good luck with repeat customers when you treat them like this. Fix the time on your system and smarten up!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014I was happy with my appetizers and soup that I ordered, but I was not all that impressed with my main entree. I have been there once before and was impressed then, but this time a little disaapointed.Special Features:
- Great meal & ambianceUtravel2Dined on 5/20/2014Went to this location for my wedding anniversary and was very pleased with the good and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice!food4eweDined on 5/18/2014This was a great dining experience! We highly anticipated the dinner, and we are very pleased with everything from the food to the atmosphere. We were there to celebrate an Anniversary, and it was great for such an occasion. Also noticed families, and it seemed they also fit in quite well. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome time at Oliver & BonacinisomeguyDined on 5/17/2014Had one of the best restaurant experiences I have ever had at Oliver and Bonacini. Our first time ever dining at O&B and they have won a customer for life. Went to celebrate my girlfriends birthday. They asked me what I was celebrating when i made the reservation. I told them thinking they might just wish her a happy birthday at the end. Instead they gave us complimentary sparkling wine to start the meal, and at the end of the meal they gave my girlfriend a card signed by all the staff and a box of truffles. I was so impressed and pleased, very classy of O&B. Even without that touch the meal was amazing. It was hard to choose but we went with the double pork chop and the ribs. Both were absolutely fantastic and the portions were huge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Great food and service for this occasion and would come back again every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good drinks, bad foodSharmabDined on 5/16/2014The Caesar and sangria were great. However, the burger was terribly overdone, rubbery, and incredibly unpleasant to eat. The truffle popcorn tastes microwaved. The beet salad had some greens that were browned and wilted. I would only return for drinks.
- Attentive PlusHappyDined on 5/10/2014The service was amazing. Informative. Attentive. Charming. There when you need them. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 476 reviews are from the Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Blue Mountain reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/28/2014Another great evening at Oliver & Bonacini. Fantastic food & service!Special Features:
- Excellent Service & FoodKimchee79Dined on 4/28/2014I had dinner with my husband to celebrate my birthday. The service was excellent. Our waitress was very attentive and checked in in us often to make sure we were ok. The food was also amazing! I would definitely go back to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodLianneDined on 4/26/2014The food was great. Although more selection for someone who doesnt like all the fancy stuff would be good. For example the meat and potatoes type person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- O&BMaryannDined on 4/18/2014It was a very enjoyable evening. The food was amazing. Our service was wonderful...Special Features:
- Place has taken a nosedive....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/17/2014We usually dine here at least once when we go to Blue Mountain. This time however everything about it was really bad. The service was terrible--different staff coming to the table, and some giving an attitude when I asked a question about a menu item. The food was bad. Over cooked. Greasy. Just really tough to eat, which is so surprising given the countless times we've eaten before. If you're going, good luck...
- DisappointedMZeatsoutalotDined on 4/9/2014Very disappointing !the duck and the ribs were dry and the gnocchi were over cooked .even the bread in the kids sandwiches tasted old.surprised at the quality of food especially for such a place and money spentSpecial Features:
- Great food and service!abigllamaVIPDined on 3/30/2014We don't miss this place when visiting Blue. It's some of the best food available at the resort and is at a decent price point. Don't miss the awesome mac & cheese with smoked chicken!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed!DinTODined on 3/29/2014We ordered the 100% Canadian beef burger and were disappointed. The burger itself lacked any kind of seasoning and was over cooked. It claimed to have truffle oil and smoked bacon. The bacon was a texture similar to beef jerky, tough, dried out and fatty. It came with the burger was mayonnaise, which of course had no flavour. It took 45 mins to get our main course because apparently we didn't order an appetizer. My sister ordered the pork chops, she really enjoyed them. I guess you must spend at least $30 to get a flavourful meal. For dessert, we were told there was one slice of the chocolate marquise and of course after waiting another ten mins, they ran own. Overall, we will not be returning to eat at any of the O&B restaurants again.