Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village
2901 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, ON M2K 1E6Neighborhood:
Midtown / Uptown
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oliverbonacini.com/Bayview-Village.aspx
- Phone: 4165901300x
- Hours of Operation:
Open for Lunch and Dinner
Brunch available on weekends
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef de Cuisine, Steven Kwon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill, Bayview Village offers two exclusive private dining rooms, the North Room and the South Room, for corporate and social dining and events. Accommodates seated events for up to 40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Oliver & Bonacini Events 4163641211x
- Special Events: Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill, Bayview Village offers two exclusive private dining rooms, the North Room and the South Room, for corporate and social dining and events. Accommodates seated events for up to 40 guests. For more information, call 416.364.1211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village
Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill, Bayview Village is the first of O&B's casual dining restaurants created by renowned restaurateurs Peter Oliver and Michael Bonacini. This large urban space feels very downtown despite its North Toronto location. A gleaming open kitchen extends into the airy dining room, featuring washed tin ceilings, leather banquettes and dramatic and distinctive light fixtures. The menu offers something for everyone, including fresh, made-from-scratch soups, salads, sandwiches, pastas and fire-roasted pizzas. Join us for lunch, dinner or weekend brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village - Best Restaurants in Midtown / Uptown ›
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village reviews from OpenTable diners
404 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (192)good for groups (142)neighborhood gem (134)great for brunch (132)special occasion (117)fit for foodies (100)kid-friendly (52)hot spot (37)romantic (25)great for outdoor dining (18)notable wine list (13)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014We were fortunate to have a table in the mall patio area, so it was quieter than inside. We would not have stayed if we had to eat inside, far too noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VivianVIPDined on 9/27/2014I had poached eggs and Ontario asparagus from the brunch menu. This is the second time that I had this dish and, as before, it was excellent but for the fact that it was somewhat lukewarm this time. Overall, it was a great dining experience for me.Special Features:
- Great service...DerrettDined on 9/24/2014We were here for lunch and a business meeting. Fabulous food and memorable and attentive service. We'll be back - thanks !~ Cheers, cH >Special Features:
- Enjoyable Eveningrsrt11Dined on 9/20/2014The Lemon Chicken was tasty and nicely presented. We enjoyed the samosa appetizer. Service was very prompt but there was a sense that the establishment was starting to close for the evening. We felt that the menu overall was limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second VisitichangDined on 9/20/2014This was my second visit to Oliver & Bonacini. For the second time the special was sold out by 7:30. It was disappointing as I had to settle for something else again. Other then that the atmosphere was nice at the restaurant, the service was good, and the food that was ordered was satisfactory. I wouldn't say anything was a stand out, the best thing was the decor.Special Features:
- OverratedTessaDined on 9/19/2014Food sounded good on menu, but far from good when eaten. Burger was DRY, pizza tasteless, pasta had no cream sauce, 3 pieces of bacon & LOTS of peas. Dessert & decor were the only highlights. Server was sweet but, made a lot of errors, she also broke down in tears after she brought our 2nd corrected bill, & apologized, saying she got some very bad news today. If this was true, WHY is she working in this state? If this is not true, did she do this so we would feel bad for her, forget all the errors, & tip well? When another employee asked how everything was & I said, just ok, not great, he ignored me, picked up our empty dessert platter and walked away. Won't be going back here.....and will not be recommending it to anyone......EVER.Special Features:
- Great experienceVeg4everDined on 9/19/2014Everything was great, our hostess took very good care of us. Food was very tasty. They accomadated our special request, being vegetation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot for a business lunchMF2014VIPDined on 9/18/2014Servers were quick and attentive and food was good as well, particularly the pasta - good spot for a business lunch.Special Features:
- gr8tastebudsDined on 9/16/2014The only thing Oliver Bonacini Café Grill has going for it is the location at Bayview Village ...and the service staff. I have to say it is overpriced and overrated . A simple Village Greek Salad with half a grilled chicken breast for $20.00 is ridiculous. I used to think it was a great place for " Ladies who do lunch " as my sister and I used to go there all the time . We went back just this week and continue to be disappointed. What ever happened to serving a French Omelette with salad for lunch ? A piece of grilled salmon with bagged greens is a mere $26.00 ? How about Mains priced at $15-18 for lunch ?
- DisappointedFoodieDined on 9/15/2014I have eaten at Oliver and Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village many times and quite liked the experience which is why I kept going back. The food was less than satisfying on my last visit ... the portion was small and particularly flavourful. Unsure I will be back.
- Birthday brunchAdventurerDined on 9/14/2014I chose Oliver and Bonacini Bayview Village, mostly for it's location, as my friend was coming from Newmarket and I am coming from Mississauga. However, O&B are so consistent, you can never go wrong here. The food and service are always great and the ambiance is perfect for brunch! Would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatGandMreviewsDined on 9/13/2014The food was good but the room was noisy. The pork shoulder was excellent but my wife's scallops were bland and very overpriced for 4 small scallops. Service appears to be hit and miss. We barely saw our server and had to track her down when we needed something. Tables around us seemed to have better luck with their server. Overall pricey for what you get.Special Features:
- From fan to detractorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014This is not at all the Oliver and Bonacini of old. It was so disappointing. They were known for the Mushroom soup. I used to not be able to go there without ordering it. This time it was watery and had no flavour at all. Everything that followed was just meh. There were 6 of us and we were all really disappointed with our meals.
- Lacking overalleatndineDined on 9/12/2014The service was slow, the appetizers were okay, the steak was HORRIBLE. For $36 it should be melt in your mouth not dry sawdust. Waiter didn't come around to check how food was. Could have sold more drinks to us too if he had checked in more often. Very disappointed as have eaten at other O&B restaurants and it has been great. Not worth the money at this location.
- Attention to detailBdayJasDined on 9/12/2014Service was excellent. We were given the dessert list prior to the party arriving. We chose a combination of dessert for the birthday person. Presentation was good. Great servicer with attention to detail. We did not feel rush even as the restaurant was filling up with dinners. Food was good. Selection, however, was a little limited. For steak, only one choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now I remember why I stopped goingRichardDined on 9/9/2014Quality and taste of food was mediocre at best. Definitely not worth the prices O&B charges. Service was also mediocre, not sure why our waiter was running around cleaning glassware instead of tending to his tables. O&B Bayview is all fluff with no substance. Fooled me twice, shame on me.
- Neighbourhood gem.MybenzDined on 9/5/2014We came from out town and we loved it. Wonderful location near the Loblaws. Would certainly need a reservation. Service was top notch. My wife's pasta was tasty and cooked perfectly. My steak as well was cooked to my liking. Food portions were a nice size, just enough to allow room for the yummy deserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous serviceXtraGoodDined on 9/4/2014The care and attention to the I divide a guest and not just the table was exceptional. The young woman server had a smile for every one and didn't an amazing job giving special attention in a non patrol in manner to an elderly member of the party. The food selection was great Each recommendation by the server proved a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding !MangoDined on 8/30/2014The experience was like my favorite song , and yes unfortunately it wasn't long enough. Thank you for the great time , I look forward to seeing you again soon !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodykinsVIPDined on 8/30/2014Terribly slow service and unattentive during a non peak hour. Food was cold and quality has clearly gone downhill in the past year. What us going on Oliver and bonacini?!
- Not so good!Foodie11Dined on 8/28/2014We took some friends out for lunch. I had the chicken chopped salad and it was nothing special. The rest of the group felt the same way about their food. Everyone's last comment was we will never go back! They did have good desserts!Special Features:
- Good FoodahtoeDined on 8/24/2014The Grilled Miso Salmon & Japanese Caesar Salad is absolutely yummy.Special Features:
- Great menu for casual diningMonaLisaDined on 8/21/2014This location has a great eclectic menu that has something for everyone, and outstanding service. Perfect place for lunch, but the noise level is a bit over the top for business meetings. Good choice for lunch with friends and familySpecial Features:
- Nice changeLadyPaszDined on 8/20/2014My in-laws took me out for my bday dinner and I recommended this as a nice change to the typical Moxie's chain. We all pretty much ordered the different recos of our server. He was very nice and helpful. I had the slow cooked pork shoulder which was so tender. Hubby and FIL had burgers snd MIL had Mac and cheese. All were very delish. I had the most heavenly gelato ever. It was a little steep $8 for 2 scoops but worth every penny. Place was pretty steady for a Wed night. I would come back here.Special Features:
- Date NightAsKmommyDined on 8/17/2014We went out on our first date night since we had a baby and it was nice - the food was good (main & desert) though the appetizers were quite disappointing - definitely not a fine dining experience but nice for a casual night out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- As expectedpinkandorangeDined on 8/17/2014There aren't many restaurant options at Bayview Village but I consider O&B to be a decent place. I have been multiple times in the past due to proximity and its capacity in accommodating big groups but I have found the food to only be average (or disappointing even), especially since they've taken away my old favourites - the duck pizza and chocolate marquise. My recent visit with a friend was for brunch so I was happy to be able to try different offerings. O&B was offering a lobster macaroni which was very good but very small for the price. The breakfast pizza was decent and the fried chicken french toast was the favourite. My friend and I enjoyed brunch at O&B so I would probably recommend the place for brunch but probably not for dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014This is my favourite place to dine with friends. However, the noise level makes it difficult to carry on a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchluncher1Dined on 8/13/2014Mac and cheese with bacon very dry , no creamy cheese sauce.My guest ordered their daily special , curry, none left at 1 p.m.VERY poor planning and execution. Not worth revisiting.Living off their name, needs new kitchen chefs and quality control.Special Features:
- High noise levelsOllieDined on 8/12/2014The food and service were very good, however the noise levels became so high that I could not have a meaningful conversation with my wife at the table. There seems to be no noise baffles at all on the ceiling so the sound was like a crowd in a train station. That being said the rest of the experience was very good. Will go again when less busy.Special Features:
- StillKickingat63Dined on 8/5/2014The service was spotty; the calamari appetizer was very disappointing, as was the salmon hot pot. The wines by the glass are ridiculously expensive.Special Features:
- Very DisappointedDAT46Dined on 8/5/2014We have been going to O&B Bayview Village for sometime, both lunch and dinner for several years. Last visit, beginning of June '14, was for a birthday dinner - it was great service and food. This last Tuesday evening was also a birthday dinner, August 5th, and it was a great disappointment. The food, in particular the presentation, was not good. I had the "special" which turned out to be a charred lasagne. My appetizer, the calamari, was cold when delivered. My guests were not much happier. Service was only okay (normally very attentive) but they had fewer than normal servers.
- Pricey for what you getGallopingGourmetGirlDined on 8/4/2014Salad was supposed to have arugula, mainly was romaine including the end pieces of the romain stem. Calamari was dry with no brown butter on it. Steak was overdone. Tuna looked good. Fish and chips looked ok but $20 seems high for deep fired food. Requested some steamed veggies for our dog and thought $6 was alot for what we gotSpecial Features:
- DissapointedGreatExpectationsDined on 8/2/2014After hearing so much about this restaurant our experience was very disappointing. We went in a group of four, the food was nothing special, and we got hosed for four martini's $68.00++. Waiter tried to make it a good experience but we all left disappointed.Special Features:
- Salmon hot pot flavourlessJayeDined on 8/2/2014The description in the menu for the salmon hotpot was decadent. What came out was a nice piece of grilled salmon in almost flavourless broth and a minuscule amount of mushrooms, tofu, cabbage, etc. I don't think I have ever reached for the salt shaker in a restaurant in my entire life (50 years old), but I had to that night to get some kind of flavour. My brother had the same thing and was equally disappointed. The spring roll appetizers were very good, I must add.
- Horrible SLOW servicericktoDined on 8/1/2014A server with an attitude, and SLOW to say the least. I would have gotten more water in my glass if I were in the middle of a desert. Perhaps they should hire people to serve based not in looks but experience working as a server. 45 dollars (including tip -yes, believe it or not I left her a tip-) wasted. The combo food and service were not worth that much.
- Luv2dineDined on 8/1/2014Coffee was not good at all, can improve here. Wine expensiveSpecial Features:
- HaveeateneverywhereDined on 7/30/2014Sweet potatioes fries were amazing. Pizza was pretty good, but not great. Service was slow during lunch rush. I had to ask twice for a drink refill and still waited.Special Features:
- long wait time for the foodVincentDined on 7/29/2014Long wait for food time for more than an hour. Server seems not helping or addressing the customers concern. Very poor experiences and very disappointed.Special Features:
- Great dinner experienceHoifanDined on 7/26/2014The food was amazing, service was great, and the dessert menu definitely must be tried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSandrmomDined on 7/25/2014I've eaten here several times and this was the most disappointing by far. I ordered the special. It was anything but. The pan seared trout was bland and flavorless. The risotto on which it sat not only looked unappealing - pea green and soupy - but tasted unappealing as well. Totally not worth the price. I expect far more from an O&B restaurant. Having said that, we dined at Biff's on Front last week and it was equally disappointing. Makes me wider about the whole O&B franchise.