Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village
2901 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, ON M2K 1E6Neighborhood:
Midtown / Uptown
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oliverbonacini.com/Bayview-Village.aspx
- Phone: 4165901300x
- Hours of Operation:
Open for Lunch and Dinner
Brunch available on weekends
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Steven Kwon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill, Bayview Village offers two exclusive private dining rooms, the North Room and the South Room, for corporate and social dining and events. Accommodates seated events for up to 40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Oliver & Bonacini Events 4163641211x
- Special Events: Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill, Bayview Village offers two exclusive private dining rooms, the North Room and the South Room, for corporate and social dining and events. Accommodates seated events for up to 40 guests. For more information, call 416.364.1211 or email email@example.com
A word from Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village
Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill, Bayview Village is the first of O&B's casual dining restaurants created by renowned restaurateurs Peter Oliver and Michael Bonacini. This large urban space feels very downtown despite its North Toronto location. A gleaming open kitchen extends into the airy dining room, featuring washed tin ceilings, leather banquettes and dramatic and distinctive light fixtures. The menu offers something for everyone, including fresh, made-from-scratch soups, salads, sandwiches, pastas and fire-roasted pizzas. Join us for lunch, dinner or weekend brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village - Best Restaurants in Midtown / Uptown ›
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village reviews from OpenTable diners
420 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (192)good for groups (151)neighborhood gem (143)great for brunch (136)special occasion (119)fit for foodies (109)kid-friendly (57)hot spot (43)romantic (28)great for outdoor dining (18)notable wine list (14)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (4)Show More
- great place to meetOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/20/2014Ollover and bonnacini's location at Bayview Village along with anouter area in the Village to eat makes it a great place to meet up with friends. Server let us Iinger and had an enjoyable time together.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice service...bad foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014The food was poor. We went for brunch...quiche was so salty it could not be washed down. Coffee was good. Bacon and eggs are standard fare...nothing bad ... nothing good.Special Features:
- Surprisingly a bit underwhelmingngkevin4VIPDined on 10/18/2014My girlfriend and I came by a few nights ago for an early dinner. I ordered the Surf & Turf and she had the seared sea diver scallops/pasta. I was very excited for the braised beef short rib since anything that uses this cooking method SHOULD lead to tender, moist meat. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case with my dish. The meat definitely needed more braising time. I had to chew the meat with a good amount of effort. As well, the beef needed some more jus/sauce. The lobster mac n' cheese was a winner for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We used to go here years ago, and recently returned. The food was so-so. Some of it I would not eat again, like the venison shepherd's pie. It was WAY to overpowered with seasoning and I could not appreciate the venison. The chef's hand must have slipped when preparing the seasoning. Tasted like Mincemeat pie - not a good thing by the way. Lobster mac n cheese was so-so. Braised beef was excellent. Pasta Carbonara was tampered with too much from the classic original and not enjoyable. Mushroom soup was still amazing. Fish and chips were well executed.Special Features:
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/18/2014As usual, O & B never lets us down. A perfect spot for meeting up with girlfriends (followed by a little shopping at Bayview Village).Special Features:
- Not impressed.saywhatDined on 10/17/2014Found this restaurant very noisy. So noisy, in fact, that it was difficult to communicate with my server when he arrived at my table. Less than efficient service as well. I ordered an appetizer and entree. Shortly after ordering, my server placed a small plate on my table for my appetizer. Then a different server brought me my entree. Much later, my original server delivered my appetizer, which was not really wanted at that point. My server offered an apology when he placed the appetizer on the table and then left the table as if that was not a big deal. I was already well into my entree so the appetizer just got cold sitting on the table uneaten. The entree was good but not great so not really worth the money spent.
- Good Vibes, Friendly AtmosphereMitchDined on 10/16/2014We always enjoy the food and atmosphere -its a great place to meet friends. The menu is varied and there is always something for everyone. I am vegan and found the tofu dish to be delicious, someone at our table had the salmon hotpot which they said was delic. We also had the pizza which was thin crust and very tasty.Special Features:
- SosaDined on 10/13/2014We went for the Thanksgiving Dinner. It would have been nice to know that you did not allow any changes what so ever to the plate. I have a nut allergy and so I asked to have the the dinner without the stuffing. I was told it's not possible to separate the food. Okay I ordered something else which I really don't want. My wife had the dinner but didn't want the potatoes. As it was put on the plate I asked if this could be put on a separate plate. No such luck so that was thrown out. No changes to the dinner is fine if you tell people before and then the customer can decide, once I'm there and ordering it's really not fair.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2014It was great, enjoyed the warm apple cider, and the turkey was delicious. The only complaint was the server could not "hold" a slice of pecan pie for me. I don't know how you can run out of dessert at 6:30 pm. They should have made more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thanksgiving dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014WE did not regret deciding to eat out for Thanksgiving. The service was prompt,friendly and efficient even though the restaurant was busy. The Thanksgiving dinner was great with a sufficient amount of food. The dessert was good as well. We think this will become a Thanksgiving tradition. I have eaten at the downtown Oliver & Bonacini Restaurant before and was impressed with the food then. It is nice to see consistency in he food at different locations.Special Features:
- Not bad.avoidifpoorDined on 10/13/2014It was a good restaurant, but it was very expensive. I found it by chance looking for restaurants that do a Thanksgiving dinner. The place looked very sophisticated and I felt right at home. The only problems that I found were that we spent more time waiting than actually eating, because the amount of food they provided was minimal, and the price for that amount of food was ridiculous. They gave me maybe three or four thick strips of turkey, three pieces of brussel sprouts, a spoonful of mashed potatoes along with gravy. This whole setup filled the exact centre of the plate. There was a whole circumference around the food that was just empty space. I'm assuming this is a practice just to make it look more professional, but if I'm payingSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014My group of 8 were pleased with the Thanksgiving dinner menu last Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving Luncheon MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014I was taking a friend for a Thanksgiving lunch on October 12th. There wasn't even pumpkin pie. I guess I misread the Open Table add for O & B. My friend was disappointed that only the usual lunch menu was available. Next year, also consider at least one "Thanksgiving" choice, please at lunch.
- Consistently good food and serviceKP1234Dined on 10/12/2014Every time we go to Oliver and Bonacini at Bayview Village we know we are going to get really good food and really good service. They are more accommodating of food allergies and restrictions than any other restaurant that I know, and we always have a nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Thanks for ThanksgivingAnneGalDined on 10/11/2014My family, a party of six, dined at the O&B Cafe Grill on the Thanksgiving weekend. We were given a table in a section that was dimly lit with fluorescent light which was distracting and uncomfortable, but we were told we couldn't change tables. The servers were friendly but disorganized. I had the Surf and Turf special -- lobster mac and cheese served along side of an overcooked flavourless hunk of braised short rib beef. Not a gear combination.
- MealsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014I have never had a bad meal at Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill... excellent food!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014Love the brunch. Would recommend the mushroom and asparagus benedict.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSushiHoundDined on 10/9/2014Our waiter was charming and attentive. Our reservation was honoured in a timely way. It was probably not our waiter's fault that we waited way too long for our food to arrive. My husband's slow roasted lamb short rib was dry, not good and expensive for not being delicious ($30+tax+tip). My cheesy pizza was bland with burned spots on the bottom of the crust. We have been to O&B many times in the past. We are in no hurry to return. There are much better restaurants in the area in this price range. I am forced to pick an answer to question 2 but none of the answers are appropriate for me so I had to choose one but I do not really think that this restaurant is neighbourhood gem or any of the other descriptions provided.Special Features:
- PickerelLive2EATDined on 10/7/2014Always enjoy the service and fabulous food at Oliver and Bonacini. The pickerel was tender and moist, the skin crisp and lightly seasoned. Delicious!Special Features:
- Service lackingClawclawDined on 10/7/2014O&B inside Bayview Village is spacious and has a nice ambience. Food is good with portions were adequate. However, too much emphasis is placed plating the food than providing efficient service. I did not find them to be customer centric at all. This place does not live up to the customer service standards of a reputable restaurant. If you don't mind being served lukewarm food and coffee then you might want to give it a try. Ii like my food hot and coffee or tea boiling hot and this restaurant does not live up to my expextations.
- Good food, good service, long waitLetsGetSomeFoodDined on 10/5/2014Took my dad here for his birthday. The food was good, our server was nice but the wait time was way too long. The restaurant wasn't very busy when we sat down yet we had to wait 30 minutes for a pasta dish, pizza and a salad. People who sat down and ordered after us received their meals before we did. That was kind of annoying. Had we been in a rush we would have just left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- betsyDined on 10/4/2014I loved the relaxed atmosphere of the restaurant. The service was great, as well as the waitress that served us was amazing. We all enjoyed our food, we ate everything. I was the only one from the group who had dessert - creme broule - it was to die for. Hope to come back soon. CheersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing...AlPhaGammaDined on 10/4/2014This was my third (and very last) time at this place. We were early for dinner and our table was not even ready. The food was awful, my lemon chicken was burnt outside, greasy and row inside. the veggies seemed to be picked up out of someone else's left overs and my potatoes tasted as if they had been prepared two or three days in advance... Nope, I'm not coming back...
- senatorVIPDined on 10/3/2014All in all pretty good. Food and table service pretty good. Kitchen had trouble getting the appetisers out togeatheras two of the six arrived a good 5 minutes late.Special Features:
- NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014We were fortunate to have a table in the mall patio area, so it was quieter than inside. We would not have stayed if we had to eat inside, far too noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VivianVIPDined on 9/27/2014I had poached eggs and Ontario asparagus from the brunch menu. This is the second time that I had this dish and, as before, it was excellent but for the fact that it was somewhat lukewarm this time. Overall, it was a great dining experience for me.Special Features:
- Great service...DerrettDined on 9/24/2014We were here for lunch and a business meeting. Fabulous food and memorable and attentive service. We'll be back - thanks !~ Cheers, cH >Special Features:
- Enjoyable Eveningrsrt11Dined on 9/20/2014The Lemon Chicken was tasty and nicely presented. We enjoyed the samosa appetizer. Service was very prompt but there was a sense that the establishment was starting to close for the evening. We felt that the menu overall was limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second VisitichangDined on 9/20/2014This was my second visit to Oliver & Bonacini. For the second time the special was sold out by 7:30. It was disappointing as I had to settle for something else again. Other then that the atmosphere was nice at the restaurant, the service was good, and the food that was ordered was satisfactory. I wouldn't say anything was a stand out, the best thing was the decor.Special Features:
- OverratedTessaDined on 9/19/2014Food sounded good on menu, but far from good when eaten. Burger was DRY, pizza tasteless, pasta had no cream sauce, 3 pieces of bacon & LOTS of peas. Dessert & decor were the only highlights. Server was sweet but, made a lot of errors, she also broke down in tears after she brought our 2nd corrected bill, & apologized, saying she got some very bad news today. If this was true, WHY is she working in this state? If this is not true, did she do this so we would feel bad for her, forget all the errors, & tip well? When another employee asked how everything was & I said, just ok, not great, he ignored me, picked up our empty dessert platter and walked away. Won't be going back here.....and will not be recommending it to anyone......EVER.Special Features:
- Great experienceVeg4everDined on 9/19/2014Everything was great, our hostess took very good care of us. Food was very tasty. They accomadated our special request, being vegetation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot for a business lunchMF2014VIPDined on 9/18/2014Servers were quick and attentive and food was good as well, particularly the pasta - good spot for a business lunch.Special Features:
- gr8tastebudsDined on 9/16/2014The only thing Oliver Bonacini Café Grill has going for it is the location at Bayview Village ...and the service staff. I have to say it is overpriced and overrated . A simple Village Greek Salad with half a grilled chicken breast for $20.00 is ridiculous. I used to think it was a great place for " Ladies who do lunch " as my sister and I used to go there all the time . We went back just this week and continue to be disappointed. What ever happened to serving a French Omelette with salad for lunch ? A piece of grilled salmon with bagged greens is a mere $26.00 ? How about Mains priced at $15-18 for lunch ?
- DisappointedFoodieDined on 9/15/2014I have eaten at Oliver and Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village many times and quite liked the experience which is why I kept going back. The food was less than satisfying on my last visit ... the portion was small and particularly flavourful. Unsure I will be back.
- Birthday brunchAdventurerDined on 9/14/2014I chose Oliver and Bonacini Bayview Village, mostly for it's location, as my friend was coming from Newmarket and I am coming from Mississauga. However, O&B are so consistent, you can never go wrong here. The food and service are always great and the ambiance is perfect for brunch! Would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatGandMreviewsDined on 9/13/2014The food was good but the room was noisy. The pork shoulder was excellent but my wife's scallops were bland and very overpriced for 4 small scallops. Service appears to be hit and miss. We barely saw our server and had to track her down when we needed something. Tables around us seemed to have better luck with their server. Overall pricey for what you get.Special Features:
- From fan to detractorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014This is not at all the Oliver and Bonacini of old. It was so disappointing. They were known for the Mushroom soup. I used to not be able to go there without ordering it. This time it was watery and had no flavour at all. Everything that followed was just meh. There were 6 of us and we were all really disappointed with our meals.
- Lacking overalleatndineDined on 9/12/2014The service was slow, the appetizers were okay, the steak was HORRIBLE. For $36 it should be melt in your mouth not dry sawdust. Waiter didn't come around to check how food was. Could have sold more drinks to us too if he had checked in more often. Very disappointed as have eaten at other O&B restaurants and it has been great. Not worth the money at this location.
- Attention to detailBdayJasDined on 9/12/2014Service was excellent. We were given the dessert list prior to the party arriving. We chose a combination of dessert for the birthday person. Presentation was good. Great servicer with attention to detail. We did not feel rush even as the restaurant was filling up with dinners. Food was good. Selection, however, was a little limited. For steak, only one choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now I remember why I stopped goingRichardDined on 9/9/2014Quality and taste of food was mediocre at best. Definitely not worth the prices O&B charges. Service was also mediocre, not sure why our waiter was running around cleaning glassware instead of tending to his tables. O&B Bayview is all fluff with no substance. Fooled me twice, shame on me.