Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village
2901 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, ON M2K 1E6Neighborhood:
Midtown / Uptown
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oliverbonacini.com/Bayview-Village.aspx
- Phone: 4165901300x
- Hours of Operation:
Open for Lunch and Dinner
Brunch available on weekends
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef de Cuisine, Steven Kwon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill, Bayview Village offers two exclusive private dining rooms, the North Room and the South Room, for corporate and social dining and events. Accommodates seated events for up to 40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Oliver & Bonacini Events 4163641211x
- Special Events: Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill, Bayview Village offers two exclusive private dining rooms, the North Room and the South Room, for corporate and social dining and events. Accommodates seated events for up to 40 guests. For more information, call 416.364.1211 or email email@example.com
A word from Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village
Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill, Bayview Village is the first of O&B's casual dining restaurants created by renowned restaurateurs Peter Oliver and Michael Bonacini. This large urban space feels very downtown despite its North Toronto location. A gleaming open kitchen extends into the airy dining room, featuring washed tin ceilings, leather banquettes and dramatic and distinctive light fixtures. The menu offers something for everyone, including fresh, made-from-scratch soups, salads, sandwiches, pastas and fire-roasted pizzas. Join us for lunch, dinner or weekend brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village - Best Restaurants in Midtown / Uptown ›
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village reviews from OpenTable diners
454 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (226)good for groups (163)great for brunch (163)neighborhood gem (153)special occasion (133)fit for foodies (117)kid-friendly (68)hot spot (38)romantic (28)great for outdoor dining (19)notable wine list (17)late-night find (17)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Not so good!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014We took some friends out for lunch. I had the chicken chopped salad and it was nothing special. The rest of the group felt the same way about their food. Everyone's last comment was we will never go back! They did have good desserts!Special Features:
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014The Grilled Miso Salmon & Japanese Caesar Salad is absolutely yummy.Special Features:
- Great menu for casual diningMonaLisaDined on 8/21/2014This location has a great eclectic menu that has something for everyone, and outstanding service. Perfect place for lunch, but the noise level is a bit over the top for business meetings. Good choice for lunch with friends and familySpecial Features:
- Nice changeLadyPaszDined on 8/20/2014My in-laws took me out for my bday dinner and I recommended this as a nice change to the typical Moxie's chain. We all pretty much ordered the different recos of our server. He was very nice and helpful. I had the slow cooked pork shoulder which was so tender. Hubby and FIL had burgers snd MIL had Mac and cheese. All were very delish. I had the most heavenly gelato ever. It was a little steep $8 for 2 scoops but worth every penny. Place was pretty steady for a Wed night. I would come back here.Special Features:
- Date NightAsKmommyDined on 8/17/2014We went out on our first date night since we had a baby and it was nice - the food was good (main & desert) though the appetizers were quite disappointing - definitely not a fine dining experience but nice for a casual night out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- As expectedpinkandorangeDined on 8/17/2014There aren't many restaurant options at Bayview Village but I consider O&B to be a decent place. I have been multiple times in the past due to proximity and its capacity in accommodating big groups but I have found the food to only be average (or disappointing even), especially since they've taken away my old favourites - the duck pizza and chocolate marquise. My recent visit with a friend was for brunch so I was happy to be able to try different offerings. O&B was offering a lobster macaroni which was very good but very small for the price. The breakfast pizza was decent and the fried chicken french toast was the favourite. My friend and I enjoyed brunch at O&B so I would probably recommend the place for brunch but probably not for dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014This is my favourite place to dine with friends. However, the noise level makes it difficult to carry on a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchluncher1Dined on 8/13/2014Mac and cheese with bacon very dry , no creamy cheese sauce.My guest ordered their daily special , curry, none left at 1 p.m.VERY poor planning and execution. Not worth revisiting.Living off their name, needs new kitchen chefs and quality control.Special Features:
- High noise levelsOllieDined on 8/12/2014The food and service were very good, however the noise levels became so high that I could not have a meaningful conversation with my wife at the table. There seems to be no noise baffles at all on the ceiling so the sound was like a crowd in a train station. That being said the rest of the experience was very good. Will go again when less busy.Special Features:
- StillKickingat63Dined on 8/5/2014The service was spotty; the calamari appetizer was very disappointing, as was the salmon hot pot. The wines by the glass are ridiculously expensive.Special Features:
- Very DisappointedDAT46Dined on 8/5/2014We have been going to O&B Bayview Village for sometime, both lunch and dinner for several years. Last visit, beginning of June '14, was for a birthday dinner - it was great service and food. This last Tuesday evening was also a birthday dinner, August 5th, and it was a great disappointment. The food, in particular the presentation, was not good. I had the "special" which turned out to be a charred lasagne. My appetizer, the calamari, was cold when delivered. My guests were not much happier. Service was only okay (normally very attentive) but they had fewer than normal servers.
- Pricey for what you getGallopingGourmetGirlDined on 8/4/2014Salad was supposed to have arugula, mainly was romaine including the end pieces of the romain stem. Calamari was dry with no brown butter on it. Steak was overdone. Tuna looked good. Fish and chips looked ok but $20 seems high for deep fired food. Requested some steamed veggies for our dog and thought $6 was alot for what we gotSpecial Features:
- DissapointedGreatExpectationsDined on 8/2/2014After hearing so much about this restaurant our experience was very disappointing. We went in a group of four, the food was nothing special, and we got hosed for four martini's $68.00++. Waiter tried to make it a good experience but we all left disappointed.Special Features:
- Salmon hot pot flavourlessJayeDined on 8/2/2014The description in the menu for the salmon hotpot was decadent. What came out was a nice piece of grilled salmon in almost flavourless broth and a minuscule amount of mushrooms, tofu, cabbage, etc. I don't think I have ever reached for the salt shaker in a restaurant in my entire life (50 years old), but I had to that night to get some kind of flavour. My brother had the same thing and was equally disappointed. The spring roll appetizers were very good, I must add.
- Horrible SLOW servicericktoDined on 8/1/2014A server with an attitude, and SLOW to say the least. I would have gotten more water in my glass if I were in the middle of a desert. Perhaps they should hire people to serve based not in looks but experience working as a server. 45 dollars (including tip -yes, believe it or not I left her a tip-) wasted. The combo food and service were not worth that much.
- Luv2dineDined on 8/1/2014Coffee was not good at all, can improve here. Wine expensiveSpecial Features:
- HaveeateneverywhereDined on 7/30/2014Sweet potatioes fries were amazing. Pizza was pretty good, but not great. Service was slow during lunch rush. I had to ask twice for a drink refill and still waited.Special Features:
- long wait time for the foodVincentDined on 7/29/2014Long wait for food time for more than an hour. Server seems not helping or addressing the customers concern. Very poor experiences and very disappointed.Special Features:
- Great dinner experienceHoifanDined on 7/26/2014The food was amazing, service was great, and the dessert menu definitely must be tried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSandrmomDined on 7/25/2014I've eaten here several times and this was the most disappointing by far. I ordered the special. It was anything but. The pan seared trout was bland and flavorless. The risotto on which it sat not only looked unappealing - pea green and soupy - but tasted unappealing as well. Totally not worth the price. I expect far more from an O&B restaurant. Having said that, we dined at Biff's on Front last week and it was equally disappointing. Makes me wider about the whole O&B franchise.
- a little bit dissapointingwhitebeefDined on 7/24/2014I had dinner with friends. We all got hot water since it was pretty cold there. However, the waiter only refilled 1 or 2 pots of hot water whenever we requested to refill. Therefore, we have to keep on asking the waiter to do so for the whole night. The food was good.Special Features:
- not so hotcookieDined on 7/23/2014went to O and B on Wednesday night. 3 of us ordered the mushroom soup it was not hot. the pizza was soggy and not very tasty. waited a long time for water glass refill. in my opinion this restaurant is not what is use to be.Special Features:
- Noisy but niceRhonDined on 7/22/2014The good was fine and the service was also fine. However , the restaurant was so noisy. I'm not sure I'd go back until they did something to reduce the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food and good serviceYqmnomadVIPDined on 7/22/2014The food quality overall was quite good. The service was attentive. The only issue that I really had was to lack of nutritional information for the food items and, when asked, the server replied "no we don't have any information." The other issue is that the menu clearly states that there are no substitutions and it implies the kitchen is very inflexible to make changes to accommodate guests needs. Otherwise our party of four were all very satisfied with our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewJ9123Dined on 7/20/2014Our waiter was so friendly and the food was great! I went with my boyfriend for summerlicious and can say this was the best resturant I've been to for this event. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our group was of 3 peopleNinvicDined on 7/20/2014We were pleasantly surprise how delicate and tasty were all ordered dishes from the Summerlicious menu. Keep doing good job.Special Features:
- food are simply deliciousyuan66Dined on 7/20/2014summerlicious with friends sunday night at about 7. the restaurant is kid-friendly.food taste simply delicious,the portion is just enough for girlrs, but i doubt that guys may need 2 orders. they should count the number of ppl at that table before serve the bread rolls. we are 4 adults +1 kid, and got 3 tiny bread rolls for the 1st time, the same thing happen to the 2nd basket, the butter is too hard. For a busy sunday night with the summerlicious going on, they should have more waiter/waitress. one of us order a coffee along with the dessert, the waitress just completely forgot, and after they give us the bill, nobody follow up the payment( not even pass by the table) until we call for, that's at least 15mins later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious - u pay what you getAlexVIPDined on 7/20/2014The purpose of the Summerlicious event was to promote the restaurant and increased sales, however, the quality of food was way under $15.....Special Features:
- The servers are polite & friendly.funfunfunDined on 7/20/2014Lunch time are so busy but didn't affect the attitude of the servers. Food portion is a little bit small.Special Features:
- SummerliciouslobulefoodieDined on 7/19/2014This is my first experience at Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, and needless to say, the food was not edible. Aside from their great service and environment, the three course Summerlicious menu was not what I expected. The salad contained no vinaigrette while the main course was very bland. The fish was soggy and had a mushy texture while the chocolate lava cake was tasteless. As for the meringue, it was crumpled and messily presented in a bowl and was not appetizing for a final dish. Our server was excellent and checked up on us frequently. However, it was a disappointing experience and I will not be returning in the future.Special Features:
- Good Food, OK ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014We dined on Saturday night and the restaurant was packed! We were seated within 5 minutes of our reservation time which was great, and the hostess was very friendly. The food was very good and our server was delightful, but the service was lacking... it felt like they were understaffed. He brought water right away but getting a glass of wine took ages and we were never offered a second glass of wine or a second glass of water. Overall we had a lovely meal and a good night and I would go again but may avoid it on Saturday night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MargDined on 7/19/2014Too noisy. Music too loud. Waiting staff had no smile on their faces. Food was OK.Special Features:
- Good placeStanDined on 7/19/2014I love this place, very comfortable dining room. Lighting and atmosphere just well fitted. My family had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious 2014eccsDined on 7/19/2014Food was mediocre. Small portions. Good service. Clean. Conveniently located with parking.Special Features:
- DisappointedDined on 7/19/2014The service was extremely slow. Didn't get our drinks until at least 20-25 minutes, after we complained. Restaurant is too noisy. Had to shout across the table. Does not compare to other O&B restaurants.
- rosemarycuminDined on 7/19/2014Normally, we enjoy this restaurant and the food. Saturday, during Summerlicious, we found the food not up to par and skimpy portions! I had the same dish a week earlier at lunch and it was much better. We are hesitant to come back.Special Features:
- Summerlicious-blah!StarNightlyDined on 7/19/2014We've been to O&B and Bayview for their Winterlicious menu last year and it was delicious and quite creative, this time around it was a bit of a disappointment. The entrées and mains had same ingredients mixed in (i.e. polenta was in both melon soup and sweet & sour chicken) and if you ordered those dishes together you ended up eating the same thing over and over. Very little flavour and originality and tomato sauce on everything, including fish and veal. The service was great as usual but was expecting much more from the chefs at O&B. Summerlicious is a great time to highlight the restaurant and I feel they missed their mark.
- Summerlicious 2014kpopfoodieDined on 7/19/2014I was a bit disappointed with my experience. The service was great as usual,but the food fell short of my expectations. My favourite was the chocolate lava cake, though the centre did not have any chocolate oozing out; the cake was still delicious though kind of small. The cucumber melon soup was interesting... I found the mint combined with the sweetness to taste like excel spearmint gum, it slightly refreshing but the flavours just seemed to fall short. I had the seafood entree and though I thought there was quite a bit of seafood, there was just a few beans & a few table spoons of broth. Im quite small 85lbs, but after this three course meal I was still quite hungry. I had the rhuberry lemonade as well which was delicious.Special Features:
- good price for summerlious lunch.sunshineDined on 7/19/2014Waiting time for each course is long. We have waited more than 30 minutes for desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious lunchafmfDined on 7/19/2014This is our third time at O&B, we like the creativity in the dishes, however, this time's Summerlicious lunch portion was comparably smaller than before.Special Features: