Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village
2901 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, ON M2K 1E6Neighborhood:
Midtown / Uptown
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oliverbonacini.com/Bayview-Village.aspx
- Phone: (416) 590-1300
- Hours of Operation:
Open for Lunch and Dinner
Brunch available on weekends
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Steven Kwon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill, Bayview Village offers two exclusive private dining rooms, the North Room and the South Room, for corporate and social dining and events. Accommodates seated events for up to 40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Oliver & Bonacini Events 4163641211x
- Special Events: Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill, Bayview Village offers two exclusive private dining rooms, the North Room and the South Room, for corporate and social dining and events. Accommodates seated events for up to 40 guests. For more information, call 416.364.1211 or email email@example.com
A word from Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village
Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill, Bayview Village is the first of O&B's casual dining restaurants created by renowned restaurateurs Peter Oliver and Michael Bonacini. This large urban space feels very downtown despite its North Toronto location. A gleaming open kitchen extends into the airy dining room, featuring washed tin ceilings, leather banquettes and dramatic and distinctive light fixtures. The menu offers something for everyone, including fresh, made-from-scratch soups, salads, sandwiches, pastas and fire-roasted pizzas. Join us for lunch, dinner or weekend brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village - Best Restaurants in Midtown / Uptown ›
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village reviews from OpenTable diners
223 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (83)good for groups (82)neighborhood gem (77)great for brunch (71)fit for foodies (64)special occasion (54)kid-friendly (34)romantic (17)hot spot (16)late-night find (9)notable wine list (8)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great dinner experienceHoifanDined on 7/26/2014The food was amazing, service was great, and the dessert menu definitely must be tried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSandrmomDined on 7/25/2014I've eaten here several times and this was the most disappointing by far. I ordered the special. It was anything but. The pan seared trout was bland and flavorless. The risotto on which it sat not only looked unappealing - pea green and soupy - but tasted unappealing as well. Totally not worth the price. I expect far more from an O&B restaurant. Having said that, we dined at Biff's on Front last week and it was equally disappointing. Makes me wider about the whole O&B franchise.
- a little bit dissapointingwhitebeefDined on 7/24/2014I had dinner with friends. We all got hot water since it was pretty cold there. However, the waiter only refilled 1 or 2 pots of hot water whenever we requested to refill. Therefore, we have to keep on asking the waiter to do so for the whole night. The food was good.Special Features:
- not so hotcookieDined on 7/23/2014went to O and B on Wednesday night. 3 of us ordered the mushroom soup it was not hot. the pizza was soggy and not very tasty. waited a long time for water glass refill. in my opinion this restaurant is not what is use to be.Special Features:
- The following 1903 reviews are from the Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village reviews archive.
- Noisy but niceRhonDined on 7/22/2014The good was fine and the service was also fine. However , the restaurant was so noisy. I'm not sure I'd go back until they did something to reduce the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food and good serviceYqmnomadVIPDined on 7/22/2014The food quality overall was quite good. The service was attentive. The only issue that I really had was to lack of nutritional information for the food items and, when asked, the server replied "no we don't have any information." The other issue is that the menu clearly states that there are no substitutions and it implies the kitchen is very inflexible to make changes to accommodate guests needs. Otherwise our party of four were all very satisfied with our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewJ9123Dined on 7/20/2014Our waiter was so friendly and the food was great! I went with my boyfriend for summerlicious and can say this was the best resturant I've been to for this event. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our group was of 3 peopleNinvicDined on 7/20/2014We were pleasantly surprise how delicate and tasty were all ordered dishes from the Summerlicious menu. Keep doing good job.Special Features:
- food are simply deliciousyuan66Dined on 7/20/2014summerlicious with friends sunday night at about 7. the restaurant is kid-friendly.food taste simply delicious,the portion is just enough for girlrs, but i doubt that guys may need 2 orders. they should count the number of ppl at that table before serve the bread rolls. we are 4 adults +1 kid, and got 3 tiny bread rolls for the 1st time, the same thing happen to the 2nd basket, the butter is too hard. For a busy sunday night with the summerlicious going on, they should have more waiter/waitress. one of us order a coffee along with the dessert, the waitress just completely forgot, and after they give us the bill, nobody follow up the payment( not even pass by the table) until we call for, that's at least 15mins later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious - u pay what you getAlexVIPDined on 7/20/2014The purpose of the Summerlicious event was to promote the restaurant and increased sales, however, the quality of food was way under $15.....Special Features:
- The servers are polite & friendly.funfunfunDined on 7/20/2014Lunch time are so busy but didn't affect the attitude of the servers. Food portion is a little bit small.Special Features:
- SummerliciouslobulefoodieDined on 7/19/2014This is my first experience at Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, and needless to say, the food was not edible. Aside from their great service and environment, the three course Summerlicious menu was not what I expected. The salad contained no vinaigrette while the main course was very bland. The fish was soggy and had a mushy texture while the chocolate lava cake was tasteless. As for the meringue, it was crumpled and messily presented in a bowl and was not appetizing for a final dish. Our server was excellent and checked up on us frequently. However, it was a disappointing experience and I will not be returning in the future.Special Features:
- Good Food, OK ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014We dined on Saturday night and the restaurant was packed! We were seated within 5 minutes of our reservation time which was great, and the hostess was very friendly. The food was very good and our server was delightful, but the service was lacking... it felt like they were understaffed. He brought water right away but getting a glass of wine took ages and we were never offered a second glass of wine or a second glass of water. Overall we had a lovely meal and a good night and I would go again but may avoid it on Saturday night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MargDined on 7/19/2014Too noisy. Music too loud. Waiting staff had no smile on their faces. Food was OK.Special Features:
- Good placeStanDined on 7/19/2014I love this place, very comfortable dining room. Lighting and atmosphere just well fitted. My family had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious 2014eccsDined on 7/19/2014Food was mediocre. Small portions. Good service. Clean. Conveniently located with parking.Special Features:
- DisappointedDined on 7/19/2014The service was extremely slow. Didn't get our drinks until at least 20-25 minutes, after we complained. Restaurant is too noisy. Had to shout across the table. Does not compare to other O&B restaurants.
- rosemarycuminDined on 7/19/2014Normally, we enjoy this restaurant and the food. Saturday, during Summerlicious, we found the food not up to par and skimpy portions! I had the same dish a week earlier at lunch and it was much better. We are hesitant to come back.Special Features:
- Summerlicious-blah!StarNightlyDined on 7/19/2014We've been to O&B and Bayview for their Winterlicious menu last year and it was delicious and quite creative, this time around it was a bit of a disappointment. The entrées and mains had same ingredients mixed in (i.e. polenta was in both melon soup and sweet & sour chicken) and if you ordered those dishes together you ended up eating the same thing over and over. Very little flavour and originality and tomato sauce on everything, including fish and veal. The service was great as usual but was expecting much more from the chefs at O&B. Summerlicious is a great time to highlight the restaurant and I feel they missed their mark.
- Summerlicious 2014kpopfoodieDined on 7/19/2014I was a bit disappointed with my experience. The service was great as usual,but the food fell short of my expectations. My favourite was the chocolate lava cake, though the centre did not have any chocolate oozing out; the cake was still delicious though kind of small. The cucumber melon soup was interesting... I found the mint combined with the sweetness to taste like excel spearmint gum, it slightly refreshing but the flavours just seemed to fall short. I had the seafood entree and though I thought there was quite a bit of seafood, there was just a few beans & a few table spoons of broth. Im quite small 85lbs, but after this three course meal I was still quite hungry. I had the rhuberry lemonade as well which was delicious.Special Features:
- good price for summerlious lunch.sunshineDined on 7/19/2014Waiting time for each course is long. We have waited more than 30 minutes for desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious lunchafmfDined on 7/19/2014This is our third time at O&B, we like the creativity in the dishes, however, this time's Summerlicious lunch portion was comparably smaller than before.Special Features:
- Maintain it's reputationDina4dinerDined on 7/19/2014Always enjoy food at this restaurant ! Last year offered bigger portion however this year is smaller which I do not mind at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not appetizingKastDined on 7/18/2014I went to this restaurant for the summerlicious menu and I did not enjoy the food. The main dish was more a soggy soup with sea bream, and the taste of the provolone for the dessert was too overpowering. My friend had ordered the chicken with polenta and it was just as soggy.
- mandyDined on 7/18/2014Went for summerlicious, the place is full. I tried almost all the restaurant from the oliver & bonacini like the canoe, jump etc. and was expecting that this place is going to be great. but it's kind of disappointing, maybe it's the summerlicous menu only and not the regular. the food and the services are just ok. will still go to other o & b restaurant but not this one anymore.Special Features:
- CW2014Dined on 7/18/2014Service was good but still slow and we had a great waiter. Food was OK. Also restaurant was noisy.Special Features:
- food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014Food was good. Services just ok. I only see the server when he place my order and gave me my receipts. The server brought me the bill that I never ask for...kind of rush me out....Special Features:
- Hurry HurryThomasDined on 7/18/2014The reservation was 6:30pm and the restaurant was not very full. The staff was friendly but seems to try to get me out the door as soon as possible. While I was having my salad, I can see that the waiter had the main course out 3 times before I was finished and ask if you want to swap my salad with the main course. The dessert comes as swiftly as the main course. Before we finish our desserts, the bill comes. Food was decent. The meat is a bit on the dry side, but still ok.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014Went during Summerlicious and food was very disappointing (veal shoulder and sea bream). Very bland and barely any effort went into preparing the food. Also, servers were very inattentive - I had to ask several times to get my water refilled and the server would forget to refill the rest of the table as well. Also took the server a long time to realize that I haven't gotten my appetizer yet even though the rest of the party had their apps. Only redeeming thing about the meal were the drinks. Will not be back and would not recommend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Way too noisy, limited food choices, cheap table set up (paper towels etc instead of cloth napkins), dining costs do not justify the quality and ambience
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014My friend and I had an amazing lunch date with wonderful food. The only downfall was that we set up right next to the doors of the outdoor dining and it got really windy. We were holding our hair and making sure the bill didn't fly away. Overall it was an amazing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wahwahDined on 7/18/2014I had a summerlicious dinner ( a family of 6 people), 3 of us order veal dish for entre, we picked the dish according to the photo at the entrance. but it came up quite different, instead of a veal steak, they were thin slices of slow cooked veal. We were pretty disappointed. Otherwise it was a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy, no conversation possibleBrigitteDined on 7/18/2014My partner didn't enjoy the summerliscious menu. He like the first one better. He was disappointed. Service is great. Presentation is also great.
- Poor service.HappyeaterDined on 7/18/2014We did not eat there because they lost our reservation despite giving them the confirmation number.Special Features:
- Good for work lunches and dinnerCocoaConnoisseurDined on 7/17/2014My friends and I came here for Summerlicious and to celebrate a friend's birthday. Can I say that I was not pleased with the $2.50 per person plating fee for the cake that I got? I could have plated it myself AND we most definitely didn't need our server cutting it for us. I was surprised when she actually told us that she was going to take it back and cut it, the cake is first cut by the person whose birthday it is! That's common knowledge. Additionally, I was not a fan of my melon soup, but I loved the pesto gnocchi. The lava cake lacked lava. But other than that, the server was friendly and we didn't have to wait too long for our food which was good. Would probably not come back here.Special Features:
- DinnerToniDined on 7/17/2014Noise level quite high at dinner, likely due to Summerlicious campaign. Food tasty, though sparse, from Summerlicious menu. Calamari salad consisted of three rings, plus tomato and small sprinkling of arugula (hardly a 'salad'). Spring rolls, ordered as extra, did not taste fresh, rather kept warm from lunch. Overall disappointing on several levels.Special Features:
- Really goodLunchwithfriendsDined on 7/17/2014The food was really good, the chocolate lava cake was fantastic. In spite of being really busy, the waitress was attentive and very friendly. It was a pleasurable experience. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service, good food.JAYCEEDined on 7/17/2014Service was very poor, took a very long time to provide us with a table even though reservations were made. Ended up being seated at 1:45 when the reservation was scheduled for 1pm. Hostess at the front was incredibly rude.Special Features:
- Summerlicious 2014ccttDined on 7/16/2014Took my cousins here for their first Summerlicious experience because I've always been an O&B fan. We had to wait a bit (~20mins) even with a reservation, but I give them the effort to try to seat us as quick as possible as they were super busy that night. We all ended up ordering the same dishes - Calamari salad, Veal Shoulder and Vanilla Cream Meringue. The app was delicious, although, portion-wise, it was quite small, the flavours were impeccable! The veal shoulder is also very well executed. The entree portion was more than enough. Super delicious. As for the dessert, I personally loved the tartness but my cousins regret not getting the lava cake. Overall, a very enjoyable experience!Special Features:
- Attentive Service and great foodkuzumsDined on 7/16/2014I visited this restaurant as part of the summerlicious festival and I have to say that I was very happy with my dinner. So much so that I ended up going again. The food was great with interesting flavors and the services was very prompt for a restaurant with a very busy dinner time. Especially loved the calmari salad and the dessert.Special Features: