Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village
2901 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, ON M2K 1E6Neighborhood:
Midtown / Uptown
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oliverbonacini.com/Bayview-Village.aspx
- Phone: (416) 590-1300
- Hours of Operation:
Open for Lunch and Dinner
Brunch available on weekends
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Steven Kwon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill, Bayview Village offers two exclusive private dining rooms, the North Room and the South Room, for corporate and social dining and events. Accommodates seated events for up to 40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Oliver & Bonacini Events 4163641211x
- Special Events: Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill, Bayview Village offers two exclusive private dining rooms, the North Room and the South Room, for corporate and social dining and events. Accommodates seated events for up to 40 guests. For more information, call 416.364.1211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village
Oliver & Bonacini Café Grill, Bayview Village is the first of O&B's casual dining restaurants created by renowned restaurateurs Peter Oliver and Michael Bonacini. This large urban space feels very downtown despite its North Toronto location. A gleaming open kitchen extends into the airy dining room, featuring washed tin ceilings, leather banquettes and dramatic and distinctive light fixtures. The menu offers something for everyone, including fresh, made-from-scratch soups, salads, sandwiches, pastas and fire-roasted pizzas. Join us for lunch, dinner or weekend brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village - Best Restaurants in Midtown / Uptown ›
Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village reviews from OpenTable diners
220 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (84)good for groups (78)neighborhood gem (78)great for brunch (70)fit for foodies (64)special occasion (52)kid-friendly (33)romantic (17)hot spot (15)late-night find (8)notable wine list (8)great for outdoor dining (5)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Salty food and ok wowOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014My friends and I go here all the time and we love it. However I ordered the pork shoulder and the risotto and if was extremely salty. I spoke to waiters she didn't seem very sympathetic but did get me veggies to tape the risotto. Normally we have great experiences there but the waiter was not very friendly. My friends asked how a dish was and she just replied "it's good " like duh. She could have described the dish and the inquired more about my friend was looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anneDined on 11/18/2014The staff were incredibly helpful, as I had requested a booth, even though I needed a 1p.m. reservation. When I arrived a bit early to be sure it was available the hostess showed it to me, but when I said the one guest is not overly mobile, she mentioned it might be easier at one of the tables. I could see her point, BUT, still preferred the booth as I do find the restaurant very noisy, and the couple are in their late 70's. - anneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SERVICES VERY SLOW!mitchDined on 11/18/2014Service VERY slow, we had a reservation for 12 noon, and we ordered within 10 minutes, we waited for a full 1hour for our food, the witer only came by once to check on us. I have been there before and it was fine, this was very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great atmosphere, solid foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/16/2014as usual, there is a really relaxing brunch atmosphere here. the food was good (but i think it used to be better?). I've been here multiple times and always liked this place. would come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't try having a conversationSuzanneDined on 11/15/2014The noise was overwhelming. Food was OK, wine was grossly overpriced. I would not recommend.
- Great dinner with great friends!everikaDined on 11/15/2014Our server Chris was attentive. Roasted chicken fusilli pasta was delicious, the s'mores dessert was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/13/2014What a treat to celebrate my gran 95th birthday at Oliver's. Staff made her feel so special. Food was excellent. Highly recommend this resturantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceO2flossVIPDined on 11/12/2014Probably could be better but our server lacked skill or passion and definitely couldn't think outside of the box.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Oliver & BonaciniOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014Lunch was terrific but it was very noisy and hard to hear the person one is having lunch with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousLillacDined on 11/10/2014I had the mushroom soup and the crab cakes for lunch...both were delicious. Who knew creamless mushroom soup could taste so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always try to eat herenancan1VIPDined on 11/9/2014In town from Philadelphia visiting family. Very good, consistent food and service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Sunday Brunch!SilverandGoldDined on 11/9/2014My Mum and I love to come to O & B for Sunday Brunch on special occasions for us. The ambiance, food and service never disappoint!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/8/2014Food was amazing but it was extremely noisy. We pretty much ate in silence as we had to yell to be heard.
- just an ordinary expiriencealexzusDined on 11/7/2014We come to dine here often. Food is very average, the menu does not change, so it gets very boring after a while. Taste is so so...But the good atmosphere and very close from my home. I would not recommend if you're looking for great food and/or great wine, but if you just want to get out, that's an OK place.Special Features:
- GREATMakaDined on 11/7/2014Having lunch or dinner at O&B is always a great experience. thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent LunchMcoombsDined on 11/5/2014I enjoyed an outstanding Japanese grilled salmon dish where the salmon was delivered on a bed of "Japanese Caesar" salad. The flavour was superior; the quantity was just right and the service was just right. This is definitely an experience I intend to repeat.Special Features:
- Fine lunch!EatwellDined on 10/31/2014My friend and I had a lovely lunch. The restaurant was busy, with a good buzz. Service was attentive. The salmon and salad was not only delicious but portion size was generous. The manager came around and was very friendly. I have been before and will return . The staff are always accommodating and pleasant. Thanks!Special Features:
- EthelBeeDined on 10/25/2014Having dined at most O&B restaurants, we were somewhat disappointed with our dinner experience at Bayview Village. Service generally good, warm, accommodating, but a couple of glaring errors. Our appetizer plates were still on the table when our entrees arrived. The server stood, hovered, a plate in each hand. I said, "Oh, we're not ready for those". He continued to hover, obviously expecting us to clear our plates to make room. Appetizers were both good, main courses both just "okay". Dessert good. Coffee arrived tepid, but was replaced at once with fresh, hot. So basically "pleasant" - not a strong recommendation given O&B prices and usual standards. I might return for a light lunch, but not for dinner.Special Features:
- ProfessionalFlyFisherman11Dined on 10/23/2014Request for banquette was graciously handled. Server was well informed and courteous - not overbearing. The food was very good with large portions. Turned out to be a good choice for lunch....would definitely return....worth the slightly above average cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Risotto on a rainy night ...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Our work group met to celebrate the end of a major work project. O&B @ Bayview was a great central location The rainy weather didn't influence or hamper our enjoyment. The risotto special that night was outstanding. The 4 who ordered it, enjoyed it with exuberance. Service was slightly rushed. There was one glitch, where the waiter rushed one of our co-workers who arrived late to order quickly. All in all it was a lovely evening. This was our 3rd group gathering at O&B @ Bayview and hope to return again.Special Features:
- great place to meetluvtofellowshipoverfoodDined on 10/20/2014Ollover and bonnacini's location at Bayview Village along with anouter area in the Village to eat makes it a great place to meet up with friends. Server let us Iinger and had an enjoyable time together.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, friendly serviceChrisDined on 10/19/2014Maybe the noise level was a bit too energetic to carry a conversation with my friend.Special Features:
- Nice service...bad foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014The food was poor. We went for brunch...quiche was so salty it could not be washed down. Coffee was good. Bacon and eggs are standard fare...nothing bad ... nothing good.Special Features:
- Surprisingly a bit underwhelmingngkevin4VIPDined on 10/18/2014My girlfriend and I came by a few nights ago for an early dinner. I ordered the Surf & Turf and she had the seared sea diver scallops/pasta. I was very excited for the braised beef short rib since anything that uses this cooking method SHOULD lead to tender, moist meat. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case with my dish. The meat definitely needed more braising time. I had to chew the meat with a good amount of effort. As well, the beef needed some more jus/sauce. The lobster mac n' cheese was a winner for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We used to go here years ago, and recently returned. The food was so-so. Some of it I would not eat again, like the venison shepherd's pie. It was WAY to overpowered with seasoning and I could not appreciate the venison. The chef's hand must have slipped when preparing the seasoning. Tasted like Mincemeat pie - not a good thing by the way. Lobster mac n cheese was so-so. Braised beef was excellent. Pasta Carbonara was tampered with too much from the classic original and not enjoyable. Mushroom soup was still amazing. Fish and chips were well executed.Special Features:
- Consistently goodtoulabVIPDined on 10/18/2014As usual, O & B never lets us down. A perfect spot for meeting up with girlfriends (followed by a little shopping at Bayview Village).Special Features:
- Not impressed.saywhatDined on 10/17/2014Found this restaurant very noisy. So noisy, in fact, that it was difficult to communicate with my server when he arrived at my table. Less than efficient service as well. I ordered an appetizer and entree. Shortly after ordering, my server placed a small plate on my table for my appetizer. Then a different server brought me my entree. Much later, my original server delivered my appetizer, which was not really wanted at that point. My server offered an apology when he placed the appetizer on the table and then left the table as if that was not a big deal. I was already well into my entree so the appetizer just got cold sitting on the table uneaten. The entree was good but not great so not really worth the money spent.
- Good Vibes, Friendly AtmosphereMitchDined on 10/16/2014We always enjoy the food and atmosphere -its a great place to meet friends. The menu is varied and there is always something for everyone. I am vegan and found the tofu dish to be delicious, someone at our table had the salmon hotpot which they said was delic. We also had the pizza which was thin crust and very tasty.Special Features:
- SosaDined on 10/13/2014We went for the Thanksgiving Dinner. It would have been nice to know that you did not allow any changes what so ever to the plate. I have a nut allergy and so I asked to have the the dinner without the stuffing. I was told it's not possible to separate the food. Okay I ordered something else which I really don't want. My wife had the dinner but didn't want the potatoes. As it was put on the plate I asked if this could be put on a separate plate. No such luck so that was thrown out. No changes to the dinner is fine if you tell people before and then the customer can decide, once I'm there and ordering it's really not fair.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2014It was great, enjoyed the warm apple cider, and the turkey was delicious. The only complaint was the server could not "hold" a slice of pecan pie for me. I don't know how you can run out of dessert at 6:30 pm. They should have made more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thanksgiving dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014WE did not regret deciding to eat out for Thanksgiving. The service was prompt,friendly and efficient even though the restaurant was busy. The Thanksgiving dinner was great with a sufficient amount of food. The dessert was good as well. We think this will become a Thanksgiving tradition. I have eaten at the downtown Oliver & Bonacini Restaurant before and was impressed with the food then. It is nice to see consistency in he food at different locations.Special Features:
- Not bad.avoidifpoorDined on 10/13/2014It was a good restaurant, but it was very expensive. I found it by chance looking for restaurants that do a Thanksgiving dinner. The place looked very sophisticated and I felt right at home. The only problems that I found were that we spent more time waiting than actually eating, because the amount of food they provided was minimal, and the price for that amount of food was ridiculous. They gave me maybe three or four thick strips of turkey, three pieces of brussel sprouts, a spoonful of mashed potatoes along with gravy. This whole setup filled the exact centre of the plate. There was a whole circumference around the food that was just empty space. I'm assuming this is a practice just to make it look more professional, but if I'm payingSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014My group of 8 were pleased with the Thanksgiving dinner menu last Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving Luncheon MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014I was taking a friend for a Thanksgiving lunch on October 12th. There wasn't even pumpkin pie. I guess I misread the Open Table add for O & B. My friend was disappointed that only the usual lunch menu was available. Next year, also consider at least one "Thanksgiving" choice, please at lunch.
- Consistently good food and serviceKP1234Dined on 10/12/2014Every time we go to Oliver and Bonacini at Bayview Village we know we are going to get really good food and really good service. They are more accommodating of food allergies and restrictions than any other restaurant that I know, and we always have a nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Thanks for ThanksgivingAnneGalDined on 10/11/2014My family, a party of six, dined at the O&B Cafe Grill on the Thanksgiving weekend. We were given a table in a section that was dimly lit with fluorescent light which was distracting and uncomfortable, but we were told we couldn't change tables. The servers were friendly but disorganized. I had the Surf and Turf special -- lobster mac and cheese served along side of an overcooked flavourless hunk of braised short rib beef. Not a gear combination.
- MealsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014I have never had a bad meal at Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill... excellent food!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014Love the brunch. Would recommend the mushroom and asparagus benedict.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSushiHoundDined on 10/9/2014Our waiter was charming and attentive. Our reservation was honoured in a timely way. It was probably not our waiter's fault that we waited way too long for our food to arrive. My husband's slow roasted lamb short rib was dry, not good and expensive for not being delicious ($30+tax+tip). My cheesy pizza was bland with burned spots on the bottom of the crust. We have been to O&B many times in the past. We are in no hurry to return. There are much better restaurants in the area in this price range. I am forced to pick an answer to question 2 but none of the answers are appropriate for me so I had to choose one but I do not really think that this restaurant is neighbourhood gem or any of the other descriptions provided.Special Features:
- PickerelLive2EATDined on 10/7/2014Always enjoy the service and fabulous food at Oliver and Bonacini. The pickerel was tender and moist, the skin crisp and lightly seasoned. Delicious!Special Features: