Olive Room Rooftop Restaurant
803 South Caroline Street
Baltimore, MD 21231Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $31 to $50
Olive Room Rooftop Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theblackolive.com/Inn/Olive_Room.html
- Phone: 4436816316x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday 10am-3pm Brunch
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Seafood, Greek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: We offer a variety of catering options. We offer the choice between the special food of the Black Olive and the more casual cuisine of the Agora Market. contact us at 44368163
- Special Events: The Olive Room on the Inn's rooftop offers the perfect location for your special event. Featuring the full range of Black Olive cuisine and one of the most spectacular views of the harbor, the Olive Room brings any gathering of people to the next level. Weddings, parties, and meetings can be custom designed, assuring that your event is one not to be forgotten. The kitchen and bar at the Olive Room are designed to give your gathering all of the luxuries of the Black Olive restaurant, with all of the privacy and exclusivity that the rooftop affords
A word from Olive Room Rooftop Restaurant
The Olive Room on the Inn's rooftop offers the perfect location for your special event. Featuring the full range of Black Olive cuisine and one of the most spectacular views of the harbor, the Olive Room brings any gathering of people to the next level. Weddings, parties, and meetings can be custom designed, assuring that your event is one not to be forgotten. The kitchen and bar at the Olive Room are designed to give your gathering all of the luxuries of the Black Olive restaurant, with all of the privacy and exclusivity that the rooftop affords.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Olive Room Rooftop Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Harbor East ›
Olive Room Rooftop Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (15)scenic view (15)romantic (10)fit for foodies (9)special occasion (9)neighborhood gem (6)notable wine list (3)good for groups (3)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- First TimemusicfanDined on 10/3/2014The Olive Room must cater to many a large group. Of the five or six tables (inside), at least three were set up for six to eight diners. By the time we left three large tables had been occupied by one couple each. Even though the restaurant is located atop the Black Olive Hotel, the view from inside is obscured by the wall/railing surrounding the roof. Having read reviews prior to going we knew what some of the favorite dishes on the menu were and did try a couple of them. We were not disappointed. The grilled octopus was wonderful as was the grilled mushroom appetizer. My dry aged rib eye although delicious, was not cooked to order. My wife's shrimp scampi was spicier then indicated with fresh pasta not overcooked. Service was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, but disappointingMrsKDined on 9/27/2014We selected the Olive Room Rooftop Restaurant based on its association with the Black Olive Restaurant. On the positive side, the welcome bread was soft and fresh, served with a lovely olive tapenade and olive oil. Our server, Kevin, called us by name all night. The Mediterranean Sea Bass was delicious. The scallops were also delicious, but the portion size would have been better with two more scallops. Our deserts were unimpressive - "warm apple tart" & bread pudding - neither of which were actually warm! The layout doesn't take advantage of the available scenery. Our table was nestled next to a wall, but there was an adjacent glass wall with no table. The roof wall is so high, when seated that we could not see the water views.
- Very Good Greek RestaurantMikeHikeEatVIPDined on 9/19/2014We enjoyed the rooftop terrace, despite the construction across the street. The server brought an Deviled Egg treat & fresh bread with EVO bowl before we ordered; both were very good. Grilled Octopus & deep fried zucchini appetizers were very good, though I would have liked a little more char on my octopus. The entrees of Grilled Shrimp and Shrimp/Scallop/Salmon Skewers were perfectly done. Our waitress seemed unfamiliar with the menu and seem inexperienced, but our bus-man/server made up for it; he even brought me a glass of wine about 30-60 seconds after I ordered it when he delivered dinner, rather than just telling our waitress we needed something else, which was very helpful since he had just delivered my entree. We would go back!Special Features:
- Excellent for an anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014I took my girlfriend here for our first anniversary and it was exactly what I wanted from the experience. We got a good view, the food was excellent, as was the drink. Not cheap by any stretch, but it's good for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Olive Room experience was the pitsAnnieGNYCVIPDined on 9/12/2014I sincerely hate writing a bad review. But, we had such a bad experience at the Olive Room that I'm hoping it will only help to improve the future experience for others. The short-version of a long story…the restaurant was understaffed, the first four bottles we tried to order off of the wine list were out of stock, we waited :45 min. for our appetizers that were truly unappetizing (so bad that we decided to go to another restaurant for our actual dinner). And, nobody really seemed to care. Here's hoping that things change for the better very soon. It's a great location that deserves an equally great restaurant.
- The Harbor in front of youTheDinerVIPDined on 9/12/2014Interesting, quirky but excellent restaurant. The story of the place is worth reading. An excellent choice for locals and tourists alike.Special Features:
- Loved the placeSeptweekendDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I made a reservation here for our anniversary. We had the most deleicous Octopus app, and then we had Lamb. It was all great. Our server brought us out dessert on the house because it was our anniversary, and it was such a surprise, we loved it and him. Great place...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Food was delicious along with a beautiful view of the Harbor. Each dish was well prepared. Grilled octopus was probably the best I have ever tasted. Could have been back in Greece if we closed our eyes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravelingDinerDined on 8/28/2014View of Construction site is not a pleasant site for a high end dining experience. Service tried very hard but lacking. Tried the recommended Bordeaux but was not as near as good as promoted. Experience was ok and would consider visiting again but prices do not equate to the experience offered. Have eaten at the Black Olive as well as other resteraunts in the area and would recommend them first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very specialAriMVIPDined on 8/21/2014Great location, great view, great menu and great service. Fantastic.Special Features:
- Hidden TreasureFireChief3419Dined on 8/9/2014If you are looking for a top-notch experience this is where you should go. This place is the epitome of excellance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romantic spotArturioVIPDined on 8/6/2014Service was great, the food was delicious. But the view is what sells the place!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2014I really like the space but it needs to be cozied up a bit. The menu looked good but the brunch wasn't as good as I had hoped. THe service was good...very friendly. I may have jsut been there on an off day?Special Features:
- first timeLadymcquaidVIPDined on 7/19/2014service was great! however, out of our group of 5, nobody was happy with the food, and we all left unsatisfied and feeling like the food was very bland and underwhelming. good view, but won't likely return.Special Features:
- The song remains the same!kso3713Dined on 7/18/2014Our second time at the Olive Room Rooftop was as good as our first, 5-star, experience. They really have all the elements of a great thing going on here: great food (octopus salad was again phenomenal - really, the best in the city, maybe best ever; moussaka was an awesome (and updated) take on a classic; seafood souvlakia was superb; and the homemade baklava ice cream is both a new and complete obsession and a can't miss!); great people; and a great location with a spectacular view. It could be the best spot for outdoor dining in Baltimore; it's already our favorite. I can't really say enough about this place. If you haven't gone yet, you should get there as soon as possible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Worst service ever, left after 45 minutes. Didn't even get to put in a drink order never mind a food order. This was the second time it happened. I put one star for food but I really wouldn't know...
- Great food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014We started with a bottle of wine and the stuffed calamari, and were pleased with both. We ordered the main course and had to wait a long time. I refilled our water glasses myself at one point. Quite frankly, we were there to relax and have a nice time so it wasn't a big deal. We were outside on a rooftop overlooking the harbor on a beautiful June evening in Baltimore. We later learned that two of four servers had unexpectedly called out. Dinner was great. Scallops were amazing. The apple tart dessert was good. I will likely return, just never in a hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 251 reviews are from the Olive Room Rooftop Restaurant reviews archive.
- great spot hidden in fells!aak9Dined on 6/20/2014the service was great, food was amazing. our dessert was vanilla ice cream mixed with baklava and i didn't want it to end. the views are incredible and it's a great romantic spot. i didnt know it is an all organic restaurant but ended up enjoying every minute of it. must try in the fells/harbor east area!Special Features:
- After a Storm4MandJDined on 6/19/2014Though a rainstorm had cooled the city, it was still quite humid, but still the restaurant chose to open all the sliders. There was no air conditioned space. Thankfully there was a small breeze, so it became a lovely evening, with only two other tables occupied on a Thursday evening. For the number of patrons, we were over served, but, our every need was met promptly and without request from us. Very attentive staff, with doors held, and chairs pushed in. Glasses never empty, warm bread, delicious oil, appetizers prompt, and entres hot; it was a surprising treat, and one we hope to return to again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- they let me downMAS23VIPDined on 6/14/2014so for 2 weeks they knew they had a party of 15 coming. our reservation was at 8 and our food didn't come out until almost 10, some of it was cold and/or undercooked and had to be sent back. the bartender didn't really know how to make drinks so that was disappointing. the place wasn't even that full but it sure felt like they forgot about our table quite a few times. the view was nice and I'm sure food would be out faster and cooked right if it was just a dinner for 2.Special Features:
- RestaurantLoverVIPDined on 6/6/2014The Olive Room is a good restaurant that could be terrific with more finesse and attention to details. When we arrived (on the night of a large private party) the restaurant seemed unprepared for us. Fortunately the weather was terrific and we were able to sit on the rooftop patio with stunning views of the entire harbor. However, the patio is not ready for prime time. Many small potted plants were shoved to one side and looked like a work area. A simple white tablecloth would have really dressed up the table. The industrial light fixtures are good-looking but produce harsh light that needs to be toned down. Good food and a wonderful waiter combined with the great view made a very pleasant evening. A few details would make it stunning.Special Features:
- Too bad!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/30/2014Food was delicious but....Lovely summer evening and there were only two other tables filled. We had a waiter who really did not know what he was doing and there was no energy to the place.Special Features:
- Do yourself a favor...kso3713Dined on 5/30/2014..while the weather's still nice, eat here! An overall great dining experience. Our waiter, Nigel, was really top-notch; attentive and engaging (but not intrusive), informative and candid, charming, accommodating, and happy to help. A perfect style of service for this casual and modern restaurant. Food was outstanding with several highlights worthy of mention: the fried oysters were light, crispy, juicy, and plentiful; the grilled octopus salad was perfectly done, probably the best we've ever had and best in the city by far; and the house-made baklava and vanilla bean ice cream was out of this world (it's truly worth a stop just for a taste!). And, the spectacular (!) view of the harbor may make this the best outdoor dining in Baltimore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rooftop viewSNBmd2013VIPDined on 5/24/2014View of the water from the rooftop in fells point - lovely for an outdoor dining experience. The quality of the food is similar to their sister restaurant the Black Olive but considerably cheaper!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful experienceRJLOMMDDined on 5/24/2014We were a party of 5 celebrating a wedding anniversary. The staff was pleasant, helpful and warm. We decided to sit outside and this was easily arranged. The servers were knowledgeable, professional yet friendly and informal. No intimidation or stuffiness here. Our menu selections were served in a very timely manner. And the food was excellent. The view from almost any place in the restaurant is a panorama of the Baltimore Harbor and, especially in the summer months, transforms itself as the sun sets. I'd certainly suggest bringing a camera. We will certainly return to the Olive Room again; it was a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2014I took a chance on this restaurant because I needed to have a group of 12 accommodated. The staff was extremely friendly, the food was good, and the view was terrific. Service seemed a little slow but our group was fine to spend the time catching up.Special Features:
- Great Atmosphere, fair foodtcatim6243VIPDined on 5/14/2014Dined here on a Thursday night. The outdoor dining experience was great! Beautiful rooftop restaurant. Staff was attentive, although there was only one other table dining with us. Food was marginal at best. My mixed grill of lamb, steak and chicken was way over cooked. Baklava was great. Wine list is passable. Way too much Greek wine on it for an American Palate. The lamb shank my partner has looked good, and he said it was very nice. They only had one available, so I got shut out of that entrée. I'll go back to sit at the bar and drink with a view, but will eat elsewhere.Special Features:
- Scenic ViewLuv2EatDined on 5/11/2014This was my first time dining at this restaurant for Brunch. the service was impeccable, the view of the harbor was even better. I didn't get the maitre'd's name but he was fantastic. Very attentive! My only issue was that it was not noted on Opentable that Mother's day brunch was at a fixed price of $40 per person. That is a bit expense to pay for a child. The food was ok, I just have issues with buffet style food anywhere I go. I would return here for a regular brunch though.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We made a 10:00 reservation for Brunch on Sunday, Mother's Day. We arrived and were told the buffet wasn't ready due to a wedding the night before. The brunch was ready at 10:40! We sat and waited. Not even offered a mimosa for having to wait. Brunch was $40.00 per person and the food was fair. They put out plates the size of a large saucer. Pretty bad experience and a rip off! Maybe lunch or dinner is better. Servers were nice.
- Organic brunch done with a view!NickyVIPDined on 4/27/2014Unlike many of the restaurants in Fells Point and Inner Harbor, this place is for locals who want great tasting, healthy food at a reasonable cost. Set atop Black Olive Inn it offers great views of the water and Harbor East. My friend and I enjoyed a great brunch here where the waitstaff was not only attentive, but joined in great conversation (yet they knew when we wanted to talk alone). I might suggest a few changes to the overall setting, but this place is young and the manager Dimitris is definitely hard at work always optimizing the experience. Will definitely be back for not only brunch but dinner as well!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceDinerOneDined on 4/23/2014Scallops. Avocado Greek Salad. Leg of Lamb. Baklava. All excellent. And the waiter-recommended Riesling was a delight. We were the only table seated. Pace was relaxed, yet timely. Perplexed that this restaurant does not appear to have the patronage it deserves. Be better, Baltimore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek HeavenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014The food was very good. I love Mediterranean food and this place did n I t disappoint.Special Features:
- Loved the Olive RoomJ1243Dined on 4/4/2014I took my daughter, age 27 out for a special celebratory meal. She eats only organic food and we happened to find the Olive Room. Our dinner was delicious, the service was excellent and we had a great time. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys good food and wine in a lovely setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice spotbirthdaypartyDined on 3/29/2014Small restaurant that's undergoing a makeover while still open. The staff did a great job taking care of my wife and I.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely service, looks outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Lovely service, looks out on Baltimore harbor from a height. Lovely food.Special Features:
- well prepared-slow serviceonlythebestDined on 3/22/2014The wait staff was very pleasant but inefficient. Our before dinner drinks were very slowly delivered. I would not recommend the martini. We had to ask for a wine list. The food was very tastey and well prepared. After the sun went down the view was lovely. We ordered after dinner coffee but it was so slow in being served we cancelled it. Two of the party had dined at the Black Olive several years ago and this time it was a totally different experience. It must be under new ownership/management since that time.Special Features:
- Good FoodEmmydrewDined on 3/4/2014The food was good. I was surprised that not more people were in the restaurant as we had it all to ourselves. I can imagine in the summer with the roof top balcony and the view of the harbor that it would be awesome sitting outside with the sampler platter and a glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The owners are charming, andsutmigDined on 2/26/2014The owners are charming, and the service is decent. The Black Olive was recently awarded Gold Status in Baltimore Magazine's Top 50. That rating is highly inflated. To be completely fair the fish selection is top notch, and the wine list is impressive; However, I can run off 20 area restaurants which I would prefer to dine. My first visit was a casual dining experience, which I am unlikely to repeat, but do see appeal for business dinners.Special Features:
- A Culinary Kama SutraRachaelDined on 2/22/2014I can't begin to tell you just how extraordinary our dinner was last week. The chef is superb and our greek food was like nothing I have ever experienced either in the US or in Greece. Well done Black Olive. We will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming place, wonderful foodTixiDined on 2/13/2014Had a great experience at The Black Olive! We had reservations for three during a pretty severe snowstorm, and when we arrived at the restaurant we were warmly greeted and our wet coats whisked away quickly. While waiting for one of our party to arrive, our server made some excellent recommendations for appetizers - the grilled squid was a knock out. The "fish walk" is especially fun, and while we were questioning the origin of the name of one of the fish, the owner came out and was utterly charming. They were able to accomodate me in grilling the octopus and serving it warm as an entree instead of as a cold salad, and my companions both raved about the Sole they ordered. A wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.