Olive Lucy's Kitchen Table
52 Speedwell Avenue
Morristown, NJ 07960Neighborhood:
PortuguesePrice: $30 and under
Olive Lucy's Kitchen Table
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.olivelucys.com/
- Phone: 9739988333
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Portuguese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Catering available for private parties and corporate events
A word from Olive Lucy's Kitchen Table
Olive Lucy"s is where Pasta Meats Paella!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Olive Lucy's Kitchen Table - Best Restaurants in Morristown ›
Olive Lucy's Kitchen Table reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (60)fit for foodies (59)good for groups (59)hot spot (38)special occasion (37)romantic (26)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (4)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Superb again!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014This was our second visit and I was hoping our first visit wasn't just a fluke because I am always one who finds my own cooking better than most restaurants, however Olive Lucy's has me beat for sure! We had 3 appys...all excellent and the braised shortribs, scallop special, chicken Francesco and the Butternut squash ravioli special just as good as can be although the scallop portion was a bit small compared to the others, but sufficient. Bring a cheap bottle of wine with you for them to turn it into a great sangria. I like their simple menu and full flavors. My only legitimate complaint is that there is only one stall in the ladies room that created a line. To me, this is by far the best restaurant in Morristown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Morristown plusMtwnfoodieVIPDined on 10/18/2014First time patron and we will be back. A good addition to the Morristown restaurant scene.Special Features:
- place for foodiesfoodbrokeronalimbDined on 10/14/2014i was in a bind and had a client coming into town from atlanta. these folks know food and I LOVE LUCY (olive lucy's ) was the ticket. all were pleased with appts. and main courses!! great place to bring guests.Special Features:
- I wanted to love it….SMGMDined on 10/13/2014But… I can honestly say that this was one of the worst dining experiences I've ever had. We were there for a special occasion (twins birthday) and the place was empty when we arrived. Our waitress was lovely but very very slow. I'm sure you're thinking.. "But you were the only table!" Yeah, we thought the same thing. We waited and waited for appetizers that arrived cold. We then waited and waited…. and waited for our entrees that were not only cold but so salty they were inedible. Not one of us finished our food. Should we have sent everything back? Probably.. But we didn't want to upset a birthday celebration. We had a good laugh about not going back and I promised my twins a "do over" celebratory lunch somewhere else.
- Love the atmosphere and great foodFoodLoverDined on 10/7/2014Olive Lucy's is a welcome addition to the Morristown dining scene. The decor is so pretty and unique that we were talking about how to take elements and use them at home! The manager and our waiter were very helpful in choosing our meal. All of our dishes were very good and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a new spot. The restaurant is BYOB and there is a liquor store on the same block if you forgot to bring wine, etc. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- AnniversaryEatitupDined on 10/4/2014The managers and wait staff were so great and friendly. Food was good. We are planning on returning and looking forward to trying new dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambianceDrewNJVIPDined on 10/4/2014Olive Lucy had many good things going for the restaurant. It's atmosphere and decor is phenomenal. The food was tasty, but all our food came out lukewarm at best. If this was corrected, the restaurant has the potential to be fantastic, but for now, I would no neceesarily go back.Special Features:
- Delicious Food, A bit loudItsTheJHoDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I visited for the first time on a recent Saturday night. We were seated in the middle two seats of a long 6-person table sandwiched between two other couples we didn't know. This was a bit awkward and made quiet conversation nearly impossible. We started with the shrimp sliders which were delicious. Then I had the signature short rib. Very delicious, tender, tasted like a slow cooked brisket. Wife had the salmon and cleaned her plate. Service was fine. It's BYOB. Overall, I'd recommend this place but not if you're looking for a romantic date night kind of dinner.Special Features:
- Delicious!JuliaLDined on 10/4/2014I went with my husband and two teenagers for my birthday, and we had a fantastic meal! Our server was very attentive and they made us feel welcomed and made my birthday a special meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but was expecting moreLewhitDined on 9/27/2014After receiving a recommendation from a friend I made my way to OL in Morristown. The restaurant is an energetic local haunt without a liquor license. I was immediately greeted at the desk as if you were a regular and treated in a friendly, attentive manner throughout the experience. The dinning room is on the verge of being a little too noisy but was manageable and was not a major "takeaway" The food was delicious. I had their Paella which was very good and my wife had their scallop dish that was good but not memorable. I must say I was not aware that they did not have a bar but you can either bring your own or order a bottle of wine from a nearby liquor store. All in all, not a bad neighborhood spot and certainly worth a second try.Special Features:
- We Love Olive Lucy'sSangriaDined on 9/27/2014We have been to Olive Lucy’s about ½ dozen times or more and we have NEVER had a bad experience. Modern décor with an energetic and pleasant management/wait staff. It’s a BYOB but bring inexpensive wine to have them make you sangria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time at Olive Lucy's!OliveLucyFanDined on 9/27/2014We loved the Saltopia Infused Sea Salt pairings that Olive Lucy's offers! What a fun and delicious dining experience! Great time with friends and GREAT food! Loved every minute of our evening out in Motown!Special Features:
- First time visit and worth the tripLuv2trynewplacesDined on 9/21/2014Dined here for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it. Service was great. Food was excellent - we shared, as a party of 3, Benny's Portuguese pasta special, braised short ribs and the mariscada. All we revert good. My favorite was the mariscada but I lean towards seafood. Definitely a hidden gem and worth the try. Will go back again. Just remember it is BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!LinSimDined on 9/20/2014My friends and I had dinner at Olive Lucy on a Saturday night before a show at the Mayo theatre. The service was very good....the owner and manager were both very personable (checking on us often) The calamari and garlic shrimp appetizers were delicious. Entrees of blackened cod, short ribs (melted in your mouth) seared scallops and marascada were all excellent. We will definitely be back! One more thing they will make pitchers of sangria if you bring the wine =)Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014The food was excellent and the service was professional and consistent.Special Features:
- Kikki77Dined on 9/13/2014less empasis should have been placed on the decor (a bit over the top for Motown) and more on the food. The food was average, not great.Special Features:
- Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/13/2014Restaurant is so pretty and loved the booths! We were sitting and not having dessert, owner came over and asked offered us a 15% coupon if we would leave because they had another table who was staying very long and they couldn't seat another large table waiting. Meriscada was good along with the black pasta. Love black pasta. Everyone was happy with their meals!! Only negative was the noise level. Couldn't really hear everyone at our table cause of the noise. overall great.
- Yes, We "Love" Lucy'sSteveDDined on 9/11/2014We've been coming here since it opened, and have never been disappointed. As it gets busy the noise level can become become intense. Service is very good but sometimes you have to wait for attention. We have eaten virtually everything on the menu and it is all fresh, well-prepared and delicious.Special Features:
- All had lunch salads, hard to judgeMrsOTUDined on 9/10/2014We all had salads with shrimp or chicken added, so a little hard to judge the food in a comprehensive way. The salads were pretty good, though it was $9 to add 3 tiny shrimp to the salad! Which was kind of a rip-off. Also---I think they could have put some bread on the table to have with our $18 salads! Service was pleasant though, and I will give it a try for dinner at some point. There was only one other table occupied during our lunch.Special Features:
- A very nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014The owner is great and clearly cares about the restaurant and the guests. The service was very good. It's a shame they don't have a liquor license or wine list but if you think ahead you can bring a nice bottle. The ambiance was great for a date with music that fit perfectly. We will definately go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great serviceJeffVIPDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I recently dined out at Olive Lucy before a movie. As always , the food and service were top notch. I commented as such to Mr. Valenti, the owner, who thanked us for dining with him again and asked if he could send over a complimentary dessert. He later sent over four (4)! desserts for our party of four. How absolutely generous and speaks to the care that the restaurant puts forward. We will gladly return (with or without free desserts)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but off night.JsfirstDined on 9/5/2014We've been here before and came back because our meal was so delicious. This time we were a bit let down. We only ordered entrees because we had our kids with us. It still took 35 minutes to get our entrees after we placed our order. When they arrived, my dish was just barely lukewarm while my husband's was piping hot. It was obvious that my dish had sat a good long time. The food was tasty, but hard to give a good rating when I waited 35 minutes for a cold dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming restaurant, food is okNikoDined on 9/5/2014The restaurant itself was so pretty and the waitstaff was extremely attentive and friendly. The food was mediocre for the price. The mariscada did not leave me wanting more. The portuguese salad was ok. The lobster mac could have used more lobster and less oil. The food was very filling, yet I left feeling unsatisfied. The dessert was very good. I would try the restaurant again to try a different dish before I made a decision on whether I liked this restaurant. It was listed as portuguese fusion and expected a bit more portuguese style cooking.Special Features:
- Great food and settingLynnGuiniDined on 9/5/2014My boyfriend and I came for an early dinner and from the moment we walked in to the moment we left, our experience was wonderful. The décor and ambiance was amazing and the food was beautiful and delicious. The only issue that might be worth checking out is due to the open AC ducts, there was some condensation, causing drips from the ceiling. We were asked to move our table, which was easy to do because it was so early and empty, but I could foresee this being an issue later in the evening when it gets crowded. Otherwise, it was a great experience.Special Features:
- Olive Lucy'sSmollett5Dined on 9/1/2014The restaurant was pretty good. We were greeted promptly and our waitress was enthusiastic and knowledgeable. The first basket of bread was air-dried, the second had softer, warm rolls. The dishes, while tasty and slightly innovative, had perhaps too much going on regarding the number of ingredients. Sometimes less does equal more in allowing the flavors of the main ingredients to stand out. Portions were more than adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food and service!ilovelucyDined on 8/29/2014From start to finish our experience was excellent. Food was delicious, loved all the different sauces and combination of ingredients. Maggie was our server. She had a magnetic personality, she was funny and you didn't need to ask her for anything. She was always there for water refills or asking how everything was. Overall a fabulous experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014it was a nice meal and not too pricey. the food wasn't spectacular nor was bad, honestly I would go there again to try something new. the short rib raviolis were gem.Special Features:
- Great experienceAg290Dined on 8/29/2014From the atmosphere to the food, this place was great! The atmosphere was different from any other restaurant in the area and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service!RandyVIPDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I went back a second time after a wonderful first time. The maitre d greeted us with a smile and with me, a handshake. Our server was very knowledgeable of the menu and was very attentive and friendly. The food is outstanding! It is a BYO restaurant or they have a wine delivery service agreement with a local wine store which is very convenient. We will be back a 3rd time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lucajamesDined on 8/21/2014The owners very friendly always.We complained about slow waiter service and he gave us a fee dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again - Thrilled!!HappycamperDined on 8/19/2014I have been a very strict diet this spring and summer but when my birthday hit and my husband asked me where I wanted to go, THIS was my choice for my special night!!! I read a few reviews and thought, hummmm that is odd some folks are not saying how amazing this place is. I got a little nervous for a second and feared in our time away that something had changed and the food and service was not what it once was. I have NO idea who wrote those reviews and I am skeptical if they are not planted from some other competitor because our night was incredible~~~ Food a 10++, service 10++, atmosphere 10++, it was all I remembered and more. The best night in a long time!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Option No Matter What!NancyVIPDined on 8/19/2014This is our 4th time eating at Olive Lucy's. The food and service are always on par and the ambiance (music esp) is perfect. I highly recommend this gem!Special Features:
- Interesting MenujcziiVIPDined on 8/16/2014They promote themselves as Mediterranean, but it's not traditional. Their entrees are very unique and creative. I like the staff working there as well, and the décor is casual and creative. Notice the chandeliers made out of bottles, plus other interesting décor items. This is a BYOB. They will also make Sangria out of the wine you bring. My wife and I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Lacking vis a vis the priceSaudadesDined on 8/14/2014It is a little pricey but given it is BYOB I can get past that. However, the food was not great. I ordered the Paella and the rice was flavorless and the various meats/shellfish were overcooked. I am Portuguese so I have had paella many times. This one was at the bottom. My husband ordered the pasta with sausage and spinach in vodka sauce which is a meal I make often. There was a small amount of sausage, on the small side in general. Doesn't cost much for the restaurant to give you extra pasta even. The mussels appetizer was very yummy in a cilantro sauce. What a refreshing change. The sangria is always good too.Special Features:
- we will try it againsherryDined on 8/9/2014We had a great waiter. The salad was fabulous. When it came to our seafood dishes, everything was overcooked. The shrimp appetizer as well as all the seafood was overcooked & dry. The mussels were not open in the paella & the clams were so tiny you couldn't see them. The manager apologized and said there was a problem that he would correct. But we were disappointed since the waiter had told us all the seafood was awesome. I will try Olive Lucy's again.The manager did make a slight adjustment on our bill. They were all very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseGalaVIPDined on 8/9/2014This was a fabulous experience from food to service to atmosphere and music! A must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively, Fun & DelicousMelonDined on 8/3/2014Great service, great food, fun atmosphere & affordable! Olive Lucy's is something to love! We arrived early- stayed late & no one rushed us! Can't remember the last time - if ever that we were able to enjoy a Sunday lunch/dinner for 3 hours! Definitely worth keeping on the top 10 list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but overpricedMixedDinersDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I visited Olive Lucy's based on a recommendation from a friend. Overall, the restaurant was nice, the wait staff was very friendly & knowledgable. The food presentation and appetizer (fried Calamari) was also very good. I ordered blackened, spicy Sea Scallops with Risotto and my wife ordered the Paella. The Risotto was very good but the scallops were a little bit overcooked and a little too salty. The Paella looked and smelled great when it arrived but it was missing Chorizo, the lobster tail hadn't been deveined and the whole plate was overcooked. We sent the Paella back, paid the check, and left. We walked away feeling like this restaurant was overpriced.
- Great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014The ambiance was terrific and everyone from the hostess to the bus boys were very kind and helpful!Special Features:
- Mixed feelingsNotafoodieDined on 8/1/2014We thought the food was very good. 4 people ordered stuffed mushrooms which were excellent, Beet salad which was good but difficult to eat neatly, cod, which was good but spicy, crab ravioli which tasted excellent but the shrimp and lobster sauce had no lobster we could find, steak which was good and mariscada which was the best entree of the evening. The service was very good, refilled drinks and was available but not obtrusive. Downside was the noise level. By the time we left at 8:15 on Friday evening, conversation was impossible. I might try it again if they do something about the noise. It is pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.