Olive Lucy's Kitchen Table
52 Speedwell Avenue
Morristown, NJ 07960Neighborhood:
PortuguesePrice: $30 and under
Olive Lucy's Kitchen Table
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.olivelucys.com/
- Phone: (973) 998-8333
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Portuguese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Catering available for private parties and corporate events
A word from Olive Lucy's Kitchen Table
Olive Lucy"s is where Pasta Meats Paella!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Olive Lucy's Kitchen Table - Best Restaurants in Morristown ›
Olive Lucy's Kitchen Table reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (62)good for groups (58)neighborhood gem (58)special occasion (34)hot spot (32)romantic (22)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (3)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- What a find!lovestoeatDined on 6/10/2014Great good, fantastic service, comfortable and interesting environment, fair pricing. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3DogsDined on 6/10/2014We've been here several times and everything is consistently good. However, for me, it wasn't up to par this time, although my husband enjoyed both his appetizer and his entree. But we'll come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RalstoniaDined on 6/9/2014Had a wonderful dinner with my whole family (including extended). Everyone was looking forward to a Portuguese cuisine and no one was disappointed. Cooking time was a bit long but good company helped that out.Special Features:
- One of our favorites!JentDined on 6/8/2014This was our third visit and each time we've brought different friends with us. Everyone has loved it and this time was no exception!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food, Staff, AtmospherePeteDined on 6/6/2014What a great place for a trendy meal! Staff was super friendly and extremely accommodating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NeilDined on 6/5/2014This was our first visit to Olive Lucy's Kitchen Table and we were not disappointed. Somewhat surprised that the restaurant was virtually empty at 6:00pm. Our server Mike was very attentive and more than willing to explain the menu. The food was very good even though we tried some tried but true selections, balsamic calamari, short ribs and stuffed chicken breast. Let's face it, if they can't get the basics right how likely are they to meet expectations on the reach dishes? We will definitely be back to this lovely addition to the Morristown dining scene!Special Features:
- Delicious done right!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2014This restaurant does everything right! From the moment you walk in the door you are made to feel welcome and a part of the family. The service is attentive and friendly. The menu is interesting full of delicious sounding things that you want to try. It makes it very hard to choose! We were there last Saturday night and it was a full house. Our food was just wonderful! We had their paella and mariscada. YUMMY! Very happy that this restaurant opened its doors so close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDisappointingDined on 5/31/2014It was our 1st and last visit to Olive Lucy's. We were there for a celebration for my teen Lucy, who was so excited that her name was on the restaurant. It started badly when we told the host about her name and he couldn't have cared less. Several in our party don't eat meat or shellfish and there was almost nothing on the menu for us to order. Then our food took over 30 minutes to come and our waiter was nowhere to be seen to ask about it or explain. Some of our meals were very good, but my 12-year-old, who doesn't eat meat, ordered the penne vodka without sausage and it came with sausage. He's never had sausage because we don't eat pork so he didn't even realize and ate half of it, at which point it was too late to send back.
- good eats & servicePeteDined on 5/30/2014Enjoyable dinning, great food and service. All was very attentive made for a pleasant experience. Plan to go back :)Special Features:
- Beautiful atmosphere & great foodFoodie2345VIPDined on 5/25/2014Dining at Olive Lucy's was the best restaurant decision I've made in a while. The manager was welcoming and apologetic that the service was slow (it really wasn't) and came to check in several times. The decor was beautiful and tastefully modern and the food was divine. Highly recommend the lobster Mac. Will be returning ASAPSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place with nice menuPamwhjDined on 5/25/2014Was there on a very busy, holiday weekend night & they were short staffed. The food was well prepared & served nicely. Our minimal complaints were addressed by our server and the owner. Being short staffed is an issue in ANY restaurant, and everything possible was done, in addition to complimentary dessert & coffee. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good times at Lucy's!LisaSue45Dined on 5/23/2014Excellent service from the moment you walk in the door, delicious food and a great atmosphere make for a wonderful night out with friends for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th Birthday Celebration!DrjoeDined on 5/16/2014What a great restaurant! The food was excellent! Loud Crowd, but fun. Short ribs , pork chop, salmon were outrageous and we are foodies! Even our teenagers ate Everything! Oh the stuffed long hot peppers are awesome too! Everything we tasted was flavorful. Did not feel crowded, or rushed. I can't wait yo go back with another crew. Thank you great birthday with family.Special Features:
- Tasty!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2014We started with the lobster Mac and cheese and the shrimp slider. The Mac was outstanding. I had the cod which was very tasty. The boys both got the short ribs. Everyone was very happy with the meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just perfect!RoseannDined on 5/1/2014we were a group of 6 and everyone of us got a different meal that we loved! service was great and loved the vibe of the restaurant! cannot wait to go back for a hangar steak sandwich!Special Features:
- Great spotShoegirlDined on 4/29/2014Love the decor. Good food and wonderful service. Very happySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful restaurantBobgDined on 4/28/2014Great new addition to Morristown dining. Distinctive menu, comfortable ambiance and fantastic dinner rolls, yes I like bread!Special Features:
- Try this placeTryanywhereonceDined on 4/26/2014A year old and popularity spreading by word of mouth. Good is creative and well prepared, service prompt, knowledgeable and unintrusive. Great for pre- or post-movie, or in our case a cigar and after dinner cocktail. Reservations a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulDebbieVIPDined on 4/25/2014We had dinner there Friday night and had a great time. It is a BYOB and we made martinis at our table, I think a first. The staff was so accommodating and we had so much fun. Love the young waiter who surprised us all with a beautiful song in Italian. Now the food, it is always consistent and so different. Love this place and will be back again this week with other friendsSpecial Features:
- First visit to Olive Lucy'sKimSVIPDined on 4/18/2014We were very pleased by our evening at Olive Lucy's. The service is excellent and the atmosphere is vibrant with a festive feeling. The menu has a good variety of choices which are interesting and we were pleased with everything we ordered. We are going back next week with out of town guests.Special Features:
- Great food and service but noisyBunnymomVIPDined on 4/12/2014We visited Olive Lucy last Saturday night and totally enjoyed the experience. The menu was varied and the delivered food did not disappoint. The acoustics in the restaurant were not great but the activity level was very energetic. We would recommend Olive Lucy without doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ears are still ringing!Pal1Dined on 4/12/2014Portuguese calamari appetizer was very good as was the stuffed mushrooms. The salmon and the short ribs were enjoyed by our friends, however the blue crab ravioli was disappointing. The pasta was very hard and undercooked. The sauce was almost non-existent, so the dish was very dry and tasteless. What really spoiled the evening was the non- stop deafening noise level. We could not hear our waitress and servers. Worst of all we could not even have a conversation with our friends. It was so uncomfortable we did not order dessert because we just wanted to get out of there. We left so disappointed and will probably never go back.Special Features:
- great service for special occasionanniversarycoupleDined on 4/12/2014First, I can't say enough about the atmosphere of this restaurant. I love love love the decor! I made a reservation online and mentioned it was our anniversary. Because of this, we were given a large, comfortable booth that I assume is usually reserved for parties of at least 4. The staff were all VERY attentive and checked on us often to ensure we were comfortable and satisfied. I would call the menu 'eclectic', but there were plenty of options and variety and we enjoyed everything we ordered. We did not feel rushed at all, and as I said, the service was excellent. I will say that this restaurant is pricey, but well worth it for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucy's is GREATslodowyDined on 4/12/2014Great food, great service, affordable - will be going back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud, food good not spectacularlatelunchVIPDined on 4/11/2014Too loud, food good not spectacular, service forgotten response was 'oh' .
- Perfect date nightSaraMarieDined on 4/11/2014Food was delicious! The restaurant was packed (glad we made reservations for a Friday night), but this didn't impact the service. Food was delivered quickly and our server was wonderful. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodelt2192Dined on 4/5/2014Portugese mussels and paella were amazing!!! Meatball appetizer and the lobster bisque special were great also. Bisque wasn't too heavy. Definitely would come back here just for appetizers! Also BYOB, you really can't beat it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Staff are great.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/4/2014Food and Staff are great. would return during the week when it is quieter>I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PleasedfrankDined on 4/4/2014I was very pleased with the restauant as far as the appearance, food and staffSpecial Features:
- Great Experiencemama73Dined on 4/4/2014My husband and I had come here and had a great meal the first time. The second time we brought 2 other couples and everyone had an equally great experience. The food here is really solid and delicious. The atmosphere is very city-like and the servers have been top-notch. We were treated to singing Friday night from one of the servers that had tried out on The Voice. Lots of fun! I hope that everyone comes out and supports this restaurant to keep it around. It truly is a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereScookDined on 4/2/2014This was our first time and it will not be our last. Appetizer selection is great, you could come and get a bunch of appetizers and be very satisfied! It's BYOB but they will make any wine into a sangria for you. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energetic and Exciting!kaybeeVIPDined on 3/29/2014This was my first visit to Olive Lucy's and I truly loved it. The restaurant is just bustling with excitement and everyone there was having such a great time. The food was amazing and the service superb. Definitely try the Lobster Mac & Cheese - so creamy, cheesy and full of chunks of lobster. Beware, though... this restaurant is very loud and if you are looking for a cozy, intimate table for two - this might not be for you. But, if you are looking for a great, energetic BYO - definitely come here!!Special Features:
- First dining experience Olive LucyMagooDined on 3/29/2014This is my first time dining here. This was recommended by another friend. So we chose this restaurant. The noise inside was very loud. This place needs a better acoustic for people to hear each other. Our server was kinda slow. I ordered the cod entrée and it wasn't really nothing special about it. I was not impressed. When we were served our dessert, my friends ordered gelato and crème brulee and the servers gave them a fork as oppose to a spoon. Your servers should be more conscious of what they do. First impression means a lot to me. I don't I will recommend your restaurant to my other friends.
- Amazing food and friendly servers!bruclorDined on 3/29/2014Great atmosphere and food was amazing. Service was excellent. Friendly staff and very efficient service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected MoreRonzo1162Dined on 3/29/2014The menu was interesting, fook ok, decor ok, service was good, very noise and there was no abvience - we came early before the Sat crowd and the restaurant was virtually empty with an exception of a few tables and instead of them setting each of us away from each other for privacy they clumped us together which may be good for their wait staff but it really was not very conducive to a private conversation. The openess, loud atmosphere really takes awary from the food and service, will not go back.
- I'm coming back!promolizDined on 3/28/2014My first time at Olive Lucy and definitely not my last. Enjoyed a great night - terrific food and super friendly staff. The noise level was a little loud, but it just showed that everyone there was having a great time. Next time I go, I would try and get a booth in the back to see if the noise level is not as high. But all in all I loved i,t and I'm looking forward to going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to MorristownOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2014Great addition to Morristown - better than average food with an interesting menu, nice ambiance, owner seemed like he was very interested in pleasing patrons. Only issue was noise level -- very difficult to have a conversation -- too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat....KimWDined on 3/27/2014If you get the chance to dine at Olive Lucy's you will get quite a treat. The ambience is very lively. A great place for a girls night out or a romantic dinner or a couples night out. The food is amazing and very creative. BYOB helps make this an affordable dining experience. Each time I have dined here, I have had tremendous service experience. The staff is super friendly. I highly recommend dining at Olive Lucy's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back soon!DatenightmomDined on 3/21/2014Friday night reservation - seated quickly- the service was attentive & pleasant. Ordered tomato soup & scallops - delicious!!! My group was happy with their meals as well!!! The only negative - it became loud as restaurant filled up. Beautiful restaurant - def one of my favorites in morristown!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love OlivesantoliniVIPDined on 3/20/2014We always have an excellent meal here. The mussels appetizer is one of our favorites; the short ribs and crab cakes are great too. Didn't have any of the pastas this time, but I am thinking about them right now! Service is superior -- the staff is friendly and responsive. There is an obvious effort to make your visit to Olive Lucy's a rewarding and delicious one. And if you are lucky to be there when Joey sings (usually Friday and Saturday nights), it's an added treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.