Olive B's Big Sky
151 Center Lane
Big Sky, MT 59716Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
Olive B's Big Sky
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.olivebsbigsky.com/
- Phone: (406) 995-3355
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Warren Bibbins
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wine
- Cross Street: Lone Mountain Trail & Little Coyote
- Public Transit: Public Transportation is available to the Meadow Village on the Skyline Shuttle the new Big Sky area bus service that also provides the Link between Bozeman and Big Sky. It is a short walk from the bus stop across the parking lot to Olive B's.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We have ample parking in a well lit lot front of the restaurant.
A word from Olive B's Big Sky
OLIVE B’s BIG SKY BISTRO: serving lunch and dinner Monday thru Saturday. Continental offerings include roast duck, Asian calamari, French onion soup, fresh fish & seafood ,steak and game. Noteworthy wine list, crafted cocktails. Unrivaled views of lone mountain.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Olive B's Big Sky - Best Restaurants in Big Sky ›
Olive B's Big Sky reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (12)fit for foodies (10)neighborhood gem (9)romantic (6)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (4)good for groups (3)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/30/2014Great find. Wonderful dinner and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Great service. Excellent and creative entrees and dessert was to die for!Special Features:
- Wonderful Saturday night dinnerAmrmooseDined on 8/30/2014We live in Bozeman, but kept hearing about this incredible restaurant. We finally decided to give Olive B's a try on our weekend getaway to Big Sky.... We were not disappointed. Our waitress was great... Very attentive and gave us excellent suggestions on the menu. My husband had the tenderloin and is still talking about the lobster mashed potatoes and how good they were. I had the halibut special and it was excellent. We also shared the crab cakes as an appatizer and they were very yummy! We will definitely be back to Olive B's next time we are in Big Sky!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the drive from BozemanTravelingNDiningVIPDined on 8/30/2014If you want a little Montana gourmet, then take the short drive from Bozeman to Big Sky to get a big surprise. Olive B's provides wonderful food with excellent and courteous service.Special Features:
- Never Fails to PleaseDrThoughtDined on 8/19/2014Olive B's... Never fails to Please!!! Creative culinary creations, friendly staff, and just the best place to dine here in Big Sky!Special Features:
- One of my FavoritesoutonthetownDined on 8/13/2014With so many wonderful restaurants in Big Sky, it is always a hard choice when we go out. This is Truly one of our go to dinner spots. We have known the owner for 25+ years and have never had a bad meal, at whatever restaurant he has worked. In his own restaurant, is where he truly shines. The Duck, by far is my favorite, Juicy, Amazingly Crisp and just plain YUMMY. You will never be disappointed with your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality Meal - Pleasant Ambiance!5OHSVIPDined on 8/11/2014Seated in lovely booth near open kitchen and interesting wine storage space. Varied menu with something for everyone - teenage kids included. Attentive and affable service. Will return next time we're in Big Sky. Very positive experience. Lovely patio we did not use. Situated in "attractive strip mall". No view.Special Features:
- 360viewsDined on 8/2/2014The open table reservation forum worked flawlessly. As to the meal all four entrees were perfectly prepared, artfully presented and delicious. A really good selection of items is available and served with fresh bread and butter. We highly recommend the hummus platter as an appetizer, generous plate for four of house prepared hummus with yummy toasted, fresh pita bread and veggie sticks. No dessert this time but on a previous visit we splurged on an outrageously good mud pie. Good selection of wines, full bar.Special Features:
- The following 36 reviews are from the Olive B's Big Sky reviews archive.
- A Gem in Big SkyphylbigskyDined on 7/18/2014We are seasonal residents in Big Sky and eat at Olive B's often. The service is consistently great. The food is superb. I had the special, Halibut, and it was the best I have ever eaten. The fish was so fresh with a light sauce. Perfection. You will not be disappointed no matter what you order. Olive B's is a gem in Big Sky.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfailingingly OutstandingThebestDined on 7/7/2014Totally dependable for a gourmet meal from a friendly, well trained professional staff on every single occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside view of the MountainsDrThoughtDined on 7/7/20141st Time ever sitting outside on the porch at Olive B's. The View is as wonderful as the Food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We stopped in for LunchTinyTableDinnerDined on 7/4/2014On out way to Yellowstone, we stopped in after passing by the restaurant on the way up to our house. Staff was very attentive. My wife ordered the Fried Green Tomato BLT and I tried the Bison Burger and a side salad. Being from Atlanta we are always curious as to try various preparations of Fried Green Tomatos...all food was well prepared, cooked properly, and seasoned well. For desert, we ordered the Frozen Huckleberry Key Lime pie and it was delicious. All in all, a nice place to eat and would recommend to anyone going to Big Sky to give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Tastebuds LOVE Chef Bibber!!DrThoughtDined on 7/3/2014Olive B's... Never a disappointment and ALWAYS great food... with an artistic flare! Excellent service, superb menu choices, and wonderful wine selections. I had the Pheasant with grapes... Oh yes!! Crispy, tender breast, pan seared, in a Grand-Veneur sauce, with brandied red grapes. Seriously delicious!!! Others in our party had the Duck, Halibut, and scallops. The reviews... Like Duh! Everyone wants to go back!! Bibber Rocks!!!Special Features:
- Can't go wrong...PioneerDined on 4/18/2014Food and service is always first class. A big Sky gem!Special Features:
- great overall experience!mtrobinDined on 4/12/2014delicious meal! everything cooked to perfection. I had the halibut, one of the night specials, and my husband tried the sou vei pork shank. It was amazing. Our server, Katie did an excellent job as well. I would recommend the huckleberry martini. Our compliments to the chefs! The atmosphere was perfect for visiting with friends and the decor was quite nice also. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Sky Great food and cocktailsSamHDined on 4/11/2014There was a kids party in the back, so we opted to forgo the booth they saved for us to sit at the bar with window view. Rick, the bartender was great; taking our orders and answering questions about the local spirits. He made us great cocktails while breaking down the Big Sky scene. The meal started with an amuse bouche, the best squaw bread, followed by beautiful and very savory stag and halibut entrees. The chef and staff care about what they put out. We had an excellent experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentBocazarVIPDined on 3/29/2014My wife had an Olive B's salad, the halibut special, and a glass of red wine. I enjoyed my spinach salad, the crab cake appetizer, and a Montana Manhattan. We shared the pecan diamond dessert. Our food was wonderful and our server, Anna, was excellent. In our opinion, Olive B's is the best restaurant in Big Sky. Also, Olive B's is the only local restaurant associated with the Open Table program.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food; excellent service.BigSkyResidentDined on 3/8/2014Olive B's never disappoints. I love Prince Edward Island mussels and try them wherever I travel. Olive B's are the best anywhere. This "appetizer" is a pound, so it can be an entree if paired with soup, salad or another appetizer. The divers scallops are also good and the portion generous. Bibber, the owner, is friendly and gregarious. The wait staff is friendly and accomplished. What I particularly like, but don't often experience in restaurants, is that when your food is done, IT IS SERVED IMMEDIATELY by whatever member of the wait staff is available. It doesn't sit cooking under a heat lamp until "your" waiter or waitress (who may be busy with other customers) can get back to the kitchen to retrieve it. Very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mountain DiningPatJDined on 3/1/2014This is a favorite restaurant in Big Sky. The food is great, the wait staff is friendly and helpful. It has been busy each time that my husband and I have eaten here so it is a good idea to make a reservation.Special Features:
- great food in big skycbusdinerVIPDined on 2/27/2014we love this place. this was our second visit--the food is great and the service is wonderful. Highly recommend booking reservations as it is a small restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!ranchfoodieDined on 2/20/2014My boyfriend and I frequent Olive B's and use it for all of our special occasion dining. The food is fantastic and varied - always wonderful specials. The skillet cookie is the perfect dessert and we always have to save room for that. The entree portions are generous and we nearly always end up with lunch for the next day too. The only negative thing about the place is the noise - it can get quite noisy in there especially on a weekend night when the bar area is also full... but it's manageable.Special Features:
- Creme brûlée heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/17/2014Love the specials, can't get enough of the lobster mashed potatoes, but I dream of the creme brûlée. You can taste every fresh organic ingredient. Not too sweet, and just the lightest crunch...and the creamiest of creamy custards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner in Big SkyjtrulenDined on 2/15/2014Absolutely spot-on dinner, as always. Busy Saturday evening, staff was friendly and attentive, many specials that all sounded delicious, everyone in my party was beyond satisfied with the meal. Definitely the best dinner in Big Sky, also a great spot for lunch with a great view of the mountain and meadow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, but not spectacularLorenDined on 2/8/2014We had a nice meal...service was fine. Ambiance was not great....we were seated right next to the bar. Salads were good...steaks were mediocre. We should have skipped the dessert, which was an overly sweet pecan bar. Next time in Big Sky we will skip Olive B's and go straight to the Lotus Pad, which I found to be a more gratifying culinary experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Big SkybrunchDined on 1/4/2014Olive B's never disappoints. The drinks and wine list are great. They give you a nice little loaf of bread with herb butter and the food is innovative and delicious. Portions are moderately large, but save room for the amazing desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dinner All WeekAnnieDined on 1/1/2014Olive B's was a great restaurant. We all had great entrees. The wine list was amazing too. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday FunRedondoDined on 12/28/2013Enjoyed our dining experience during the busy Christmas week. The food is always consistently tasty! We eat at Olive B's every time we are in big Sky, which is probably 6 times a year.Special Features:
- Great DinnerBigSkyGemDined on 12/23/2013I brought my family here for my wife's 40th...It was a great dinner and I'd recommend it to anyone. I made the reservation a couple of months ago and everything worked out perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Olive B's!ColleenDined on 12/21/2013Took our family for dinner while staying in Moonlight Basin. Everyone's dinner selections were great with the shining star being the lobster Mac & cheese. It was fabulous. Definitely make this one of your stops while you're in Big SkySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Tasty!Skibum80134Dined on 12/14/2013We loved our dining experience at Olive B's! Our group started with steamed mussels and calamari, French onion soup and had a variety of entrees. I was even able to order something that wasn't even on the menu anymore! Such great food and a welcoming group of folks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still the best place in big skybeehivedinerDined on 12/13/2013Back for another season at Big Sky. Olive B's continues to deliver a super dining experience. I had the steak, wife and guest had fish and veal respectively. Crab cakes are still mouth watering. IMHO the best reasturant in Big Sky.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- big sky findemmeDined on 10/1/2013The first time we went to Olive B's we had a great meal and great service. We liked it so much we took some friends the next night. We had another great meal and really enjoyed everything. The service was very attentive. The dessert menu was so good we had a hard time picking one thing. Big Sky really needed more good restaurants and this one is perfect. We will definitely come back to Olive B's when we get back up during ski season.Special Features:
- Beautiful décor and a variedSippiDined on 9/26/2013Beautiful décor and a varied menu. Great for our special occasion lunch with coworkers. Our food came out quickly (but we never felt rushed). Everyone enjoyed what they ordered.Special Features:
- Great Lunch BreakSamanthamaeDined on 9/25/2013We love going to this restaurant for lunch, it has amazing food, always. It is close by, great location. The owner/chef is very talented and the menu is always evolving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off SeasonredvelvetDined on 9/24/2013Olive B's is a great choice for dinner. It would be a hit anywhere but the combination of great food, great service and value, considering the location makes for a special restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tripBozemandinersDined on 9/20/2013Had dinner here for our anniversary. Made special trip from Bozeman. Ambiance was great! Service was pretty good, however, we did have to remind our server about our drink order and she forgot to order our salad. Otherwise, she was very friendly and attentive. The appetizer and soup were excellent. Main course was ok. We were not overly impressed with our entrées. Too much going on and strange mix of flavors. One plate was sent back for being under cooked. Maybe it was just the wrong choice? Prices are fair. Would consider going back for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Big Sky dining.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2013One of the best restaurants in Big Sky. Bringing your own wine is not allowed, but restaurant's wine list is decent. Great place for lunch and outdoor dining is quite comfortable in the summer season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very niceMarkandbunnyVIPDined on 9/12/2013We had a great dinner. The wine list is small but nice. It is a small restaurant but there are some interesting sitting areas. If you have 4-5 people ask for one of the 1/2 round booths.... they are great. food was very good, but not over the top. Portions were larger than we expected. Our server was very nice and service was quick. Overall a very good restaurant.Special Features:
- Incredible experiencehoneymoonersDined on 8/15/2013Olive B's was probably the best dining experience of our lives. We ate here to celebrate the last night of our honeymoon. They accommodated everything we asked for. They sat us by the window to watch a gorgeous sunset and also gave us a candlelit dinner. Our server Crystal was so kind and answered all our questions. On top of it all, the food was absolutely divine. What a wonderful experience. I was a little worried because the other places we had been to in big sky were disappointing. But Olive B's was not in Amy way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good in Big SkyLocalDined on 8/13/2013We had a large group with several children. Server was great, food was good, and the pricing was moderate. We would return on a visit to Big Sky.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.