Olive and Vine - Glen Ellen
Jack London Village 14301 Arnold Drive
Glen Ellen, CA 95442Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
Olive and Vine - Glen Ellen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://oliveandvinerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7079969152x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 5:30 PM - 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Catherine Venturini (formerly Driggers)
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: From beginning to end, Olive and Vine's thoughtful, artistic, and delicious attention to detail are a reflection of the bountiful landscape of Sonoma County. Our menus are abundant with the seasonal harvests of the county's organic markets, artisan cheese makers, bread bakers, farmers and olive oil producers, showcased in each event as if they were our own.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer Private Dining in our beautiful rustic-chic dining room, Monday and Tuesday, as the restaurant is open Wednesday-Saturday. For Wednesday through Saturday, the restaurant is available for private events on a Buy-Out basis. Please email us for more info.
- Private Party Contact: Catherine Venturini 7079969152x
- Special Events: We are closed for dinner on Sundays. We will begin Sunday dining April 6th.
A word from Olive and Vine - Glen Ellen
Olive and Vine Restaurant, nestled away in Glen Ellen, California, showcases the abundance of Sonoma County's seasonal harvests and local artisans. We are passionate about creating a perfect experience for our guests. See you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Olive and Vine - Glen Ellen - Best Restaurants in Glen Ellen ›
Olive and Vine - Glen Ellen reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (58)special occasion (47)neighborhood gem (42)romantic (41)notable wine list (38)good for groups (14)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Lovely Birthday Dinner!JanKVIPDined on 8/30/2014Went to Olive & Vine to celebrate my birthday...let them know that there is a celebration and they will customize your menu and dessert plate (nice touch!) I never order steak when we go out, but the description was so enticing that I did, and was NOT disappointed! Lovely tomato and mozzerella tower for our appetizers. The menu is not overwhelming, so everthing looks great. Serious wine menu, with serious prices and serious corkage fee! The only let down was dessert (peach and blackberry crisp) but it may have been because we were just so full from a wondeful dinner. Lovely ambiance, too!Special Features:
- A Sonoma gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/29/2014They don't get better than when you're looking for "Sonoma Style"Special Features:
- Fabulous Find!LmfaulknerDined on 8/28/2014We live in Marin County and came up here for an overnight getaway. Don't let the location and somewhat understated exterior put you off - the food was excellent, wines were great, staff was very friendly and ambience lovely....will definitely go back and highly recommend it! A memorable dinner, bursting with flavor, loved every course! And anyone who reads this should know - we are tough critics!! Somewhat pricey, but we don't mind it when the overall experience is this good!Special Features:
- Glen Ellen findPickyeaterDined on 8/27/2014We live in the Bay Area and go up to the wine country a few times a year, but have never stayed in the Glen Ellen area. We were delighted to try olive and vine for the first time. The food was very good (chicken very tasty, salmon was well prepared but not as interesting) and the service was fantastic. We enjoyed the dining room with its high ceilings and tasting room feel and we would definitely return for another meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Knows good food1935SFredDined on 8/27/2014Wow is my overall response!!! Everything from "soup to nuts" could not have been better. The owners, John and Catherine are caring hosts and this is reflected in the food & service. Will we be back? YOU BET.Special Features:
- goodtasteVIPDined on 8/24/2014Both the food and the service were outstanding. There were six in our party and we all loved our meals. I had the swordfish special. It was perfectly cooked. The soup of the day was made with heirloom tomatoes and it was delicious. Our server explained things on the menu and kept our water glasses full. The wine list is a bit pricey.Special Features:
- Good neighborhood restaurantDandGVIPDined on 8/24/2014Everything was good, pork belly was great. Service was attentive. My only complaint was the voicemail I received a couple of hours before our reservation, "if you don't re-confirm, we will not honor your reservation." When I called back, no one answered so we considered canceling. Glad we didn't, because it was a very nice dinner. We will go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner. Favors divine!PhxyyzVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great food, lovely rustic but classy decor. Owner Katherine stopped by our table to chat. Terrific evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wineanddineDined on 8/20/2014just okay. would give second try. staff were friendly. my roasted chicken was dry.Special Features:
- Excellent As UsualTomatoVIPDined on 8/20/2014We have visited this restaurant many times and it never disappoints! Menu was creative and perfect. Plan to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wed night speciallocalyokalDined on 8/20/2014Wed night special dinner not up to the highest standards of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/17/2014Made our night special, food and atmosphere were wonderful. Would recommend without reservation. Especially nice for occasion; they had our names on our menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Evening in Glen EllenCalTouristDined on 8/14/2014Olive and Vine is a wonderful place for a quiet dinner after a hectic day touring the Glen Ellen area. The staff and atmosphere are both very welcoming. Portions are generous so exercise caution if ordering the full four course dinner. Mine was delicious (herbed shrimp with grits; corn chowder; roast chicken and plum upside down cake) ! Plenty of parking available in two adjoining lots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful eveningSusanDined on 8/13/2014This is one of our favorites. Great food, great space and the owners are always welcoming.Special Features:
- We'll be back...bella2dineDined on 8/13/2014This was our first visit and we'll return. Knowledgable and attentive staff. Very good food... fresh, well prepared and presented beautifully. Wonderful overall feeling to the venue. We had a lovely evening and we're looking forward to bringing friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect 20th AnniversarycarlainlexDined on 8/6/2014From the moment we entered the restaurant we were pampered by the staff and chef for our 20th anniversary. The menu was even personalized for our special night. The food is wonderful and service very attentive. You will not be disappointed in a night at Olive and Vine. The black cod dumplings are a perfect start to the meal and the peach crumble (peaches from the chef's yard) was the best dessert we enjoyed while in Glenn Ellen.Special Features:
- PerfectionsonomanomDined on 8/6/2014The food was outstanding. We came for the prix fix, but opted instead to order from the special selections and the main menu. Every dish was meticulously planned and prepared, and executed with finesse. The wine list reads like a classic novel and the sommelier's recommendations were spot on. The service was outstanding … attentive without being invasive.Special Features:
- Perfectly Sonoma!QuesterwomanDined on 8/3/2014The Olive and Vine was where we began our girls trip in celebration of my niece's 21st birthday. The food was delicious, the service attentive and the sommelier recommended some excellent wines. The kitchen is in full view as you enter and it's almost like having a chef cooking in your home- nothing to hide here! There were several large groups mixed in amongst smaller sittings and everyone was having so much fun- a great way to kick off out trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Judge the dog by its hairs....TheSwedishFoodieDined on 8/3/2014We didn't have the wright clothes for the restaurant so...:( the service was accordingly to how we dressed I'm afraid. We are are frekvent restaurant visitors and are in the business. That was not so good. I think they can do better....I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceRetiredAtLastDined on 8/2/2014We went for hubby's birthday. His menu was printed with "Happy Birthday Rick", nice. Outstanding service, the best part. Dining room is constantly watched by management but not obtrusively. The pork belly "nosh" was lovely, amuse bouche something you see in high end restaurants. They waive corkage if you buy a bottle, nice. We both had halibut entrees over a gorgeous succotash. Only reason for 4 stars is it could have been hotter and to my liking, the halibut a bit more done. Desserts very generous and one shared is plenty. There was a large table of 10 gals next to us that caused a bit of noise but no way to avoid that. Beautiful open kitchen, and NONE of the staff ever stood around being idle. Wonderfully run, will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VacationerVIPDined on 8/1/2014This is a relatively small restaurant, one room, with an open kitchen along one side and a bar -- where they appeared to be having a wine tasting on another. Tables are close together and every table was full -- for obvious reason, we realized. My husband had the Olive and Vine Lemon Caesar salad and the Halibut special. I had the stone fruit salad and the shrimp over ramp grits appetizer as my entree. The salads were both fabulous, but fairly large. I'm glad I had a small plate to follow. The creative take on shrimp and grits was just perfect. Service was attentive. We enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- Awesome!Live4foodVIPDined on 7/25/2014From the moment we walked in the door, until we left the restaurant, we felt special. The food was great, and both well described and well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night Out for us and othersNightOutDined on 7/25/2014Dining for five. Our order included roasted chicken cooked perfectly with a tasty a reduction sauce, then there was the pork chop perfectly seasoned and accented with garden fresh veggies. Next was the salmon. I would have to say was the tastiest with a lemon aioli. The final two dishes were the gnocchi and the lamb chop. The gnocchi…it didn't quite make the lite and fluffy description our server described it to be but none-the-less it was still wonderful. The lamb chop was absolutely delicious. The salads which included, caesar with a nice lemony dressing, a new inviting twist on caprese, and a beautiful green goddess. At another table a young man proposed to his date that brought tears and a big "YES", a perfect ending!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick Visit - Nice FindCraigTVIPDined on 7/23/2014I was happy to find Olive and Vine on a recent trip to the Sonoma Valley. The food was wonderful and well presented, taste was balanced with sides that were well prepared. Only wish is a full bar - beer and wine are good but a nice cocktail is always a welcome part of a good meal.Special Features:
- Great space, food to matchAdamVIPDined on 7/18/2014I found this place on OpenTable and took my fiancé there while we were visiting Sonoma. This is a great space and the food was excellent. The wine recommendations were right on point. I would highly recommend this place for a visit if you are in the area!Special Features:
- Love Neighborhood Night!BriggyDined on 7/16/2014Olive & Vine's Wednesday night dinners are wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great discovery!FrenchconnectionDined on 7/16/2014We have been hearing glowing reviews of Olive and Vine for several years, and finally tried it on Wednesday, 7/17, especially for the locals special. We were pleased with everything : quality of our greeting and service, very tasty food and good value. My husband found some of the dishes, including the amuse bouche, to be a bit too seasoned (salty). Not me: I found it just right! We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great spot!WayneOVIPDined on 7/3/2014Delicious, fresh food, uniquely prepared, awesome service, chicly-decorated restaurant. Consistently great experience each time we dine at Olive and Vine. Owner was present and visible during dinner service, visited each table to check-in, which is always a nice touch. Owner's daughter was our server and she was attentive, knowledgeable and very personable. All around, a fantastic dinner. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Place to Take GuestsDeliciousandNutritiousVIPDined on 7/2/2014If you want to be sure your guests have a great evening, this is the place to go. You can be assured that the food will always be very fresh, prepared to perfection, a bit unusual but not strange, with really great service. The servings are generous as well.Special Features:
- Every dish - simple, sophisticateddiningdivaVIPDined on 6/27/2014Delicious combinations of herbs, spices, summer ingredients with great little twists - unexpected turns and so flavorful. The lamp porterhouse with the minted salsa verde was perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wednesday specialFoodbugDined on 6/25/2014Fried chicken night. . .the best! Great overall meal and good value. Service was perfect. Will return more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as always...SonomaFoodiesVIPDined on 6/20/2014One of our favorite "go to" spots in Sonoma. Always a great evening!Special Features:
- Outstanding as always!DennisSDined on 6/18/2014It is always and pleasant experience dining at Olive and Vine. From the time you are greeted at the door until you depart you experience professional and attentive service and memorable innovative food.Special Features:
- Spectacular Food and ServiceBassetloversDined on 6/14/2014We had a marvelous night. We were a party of 6, and were attended too immediately. The servers knew the menu, wines and what to pair with what. The Bok Choi dumplings were wonderful, as was the pork belly appetizer, melt in your mouth and perfectly seasoned. We actually had all of the appetizers (shared) and they were one better than the next. The salads were the same. And the mains followed suit. Lamb Chops medium rare, done to perfection. The wait staff took special care to bring proper sharing plates and utensils and keep the plates coming at a perfect pace. Not to fast or slow. This is an amazing place. DO NOT miss it! Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dining ExperienceTopchefiamVIPDined on 5/28/2014Everything from beginning to end was a memorable meal. Looking forward to dining there again soon! Wonderful food and the wine we chose "The Two Amigos Viognier" complimented it very nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummysonomakidDined on 5/25/2014Our visit was the latest of many previous ones. Inventive and carefully prepared menu items as always, and a dining delight if one does not like to be rushed. The wine list features many local wines at a reasonable mark-up. Complaints? Niggling ones regarding awkward service. Even though the restaurant was not full when we arrived, I had to summon a server twice before the bread came, and we waited a good 30 minutes for our salads to arrive. Notwithstanding that, our server was a delightful and chatty young lady. Maybe too chatty I suppose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodfollowerDined on 5/24/2014Wonderful from beginning to end, we were seated immediately on our arrival and were offered water, our wine orders were delivered very quickly. The chef sent out an amuse bouche of tiny, sweet tomatoes with house made mozzarella and balsamic, wonderful way to start. We chose an appetizer of tender asparagus with a romesco sauce. I don't usually order chicken at restaurants because Hey, I can have chicken at home, but this time the roasted Meyer Lemon chicken was too tempting, and it was so tender and flavorful without the lemon being overwhelming. My husband ordered the Lamb porterhouse, which was cooked perfectly and served with a light, crispy risotto cake. The owners stopped by the table to greet us, all in all a great experience.Special Features:
- An off nightColibrifanVIPDined on 5/23/2014This is one of our favorite Glen Ellen restaurants. This particular night it was extremely busy. We had to wait 20 minutes after our reservation time. They had two large parties which seemed to affect the service to other tables. Ours was very, very slow. As usual, the food was wonderful. Summer salad with fresh peas and asparagus delicious! Halibut also very good. We'll be back but I hope they schedule better if they have multiple large parties coming in. Or hope to go in when they don't. We'll be back.Special Features:
- One not so pleased diner1PleaseddinerDined on 5/22/2014We have dined here many times and the food is always good. This time, we had dined with other locals who had never been to O and V before. Since it was our anniversary we brought a special bottle of wine that was not on the menu, and one of the guests ordered two glasses of wine from the menu. When the bill came, we were charged $25.00 corkage fee. There are several restaurants in the Valley that do not charge corkage, especially to locals, and it is rare to find a similar restaurant in the area that charges $25.00 corkage for one bottle of wine. It was unfortunate, because our friends said although the food was good, the corkage fee will keep them from returning.Special Features:
- GreekcookVIPDined on 5/21/2014great food. recommend Neightborhood night on Wednesdays. fixed price menu outstanding. plus free corkage!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.