Olive and Vine - Glen Ellen
Jack London Village 14301 Arnold Drive
Glen Ellen, CA 95442Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
Olive and Vine - Glen Ellen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://oliveandvinerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7079969152x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 5:30 PM - 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Catherine Venturini (formerly Driggers)
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: From beginning to end, Olive and Vine's thoughtful, artistic, and delicious attention to detail are a reflection of the bountiful landscape of Sonoma County. Our menus are abundant with the seasonal harvests of the county's organic markets, artisan cheese makers, bread bakers, farmers and olive oil producers, showcased in each event as if they were our own.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer Private Dining in our beautiful rustic-chic dining room, Monday and Tuesday, as the restaurant is open Wednesday-Saturday. For Wednesday through Saturday, the restaurant is available for private events on a Buy-Out basis. Please email us for more info.
- Private Party Contact: Catherine Venturini 7079969152x
- Special Events: We are closed for dinner on Sundays. We will begin Sunday dining April 6th.
A word from Olive and Vine - Glen Ellen
Olive and Vine Restaurant, nestled away in Glen Ellen, California, showcases the abundance of Sonoma County's seasonal harvests and local artisans. We are passionate about creating a perfect experience for our guests. See you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Olive and Vine - Glen Ellen - Best Restaurants in Glen Ellen ›
Olive and Vine - Glen Ellen reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (82)special occasion (64)notable wine list (55)neighborhood gem (54)romantic (47)good for groups (17)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Olive and Vine - the BestOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/25/2014We live in Wine Country and have dined at most all of the highly rated restaurants. This by far is our favorite - excellent food, spectacular wine list (recognized by Wine Spectator) and most of all, outstanding service. Service can be a little "laid back" here, but Olive and the Vine breaks that tradition. The owners often are on-site and greet diners personally. Also, we were celebrating our anniversary and they had printed special menus with our names and congratulations - and of course, complementary desserts. Great experience that never disappoints.Special Features:
- AwesomeGMASFDined on 10/18/2014We had a really great experience at Olive and Vine. I let them know we were on our 26th anniversary weekend, and the menu was printed with a greeting just for us - nice touch! Dessert with a chocolate anniversary greeting too! Beware of really good fresh bread placed on the table to start - you can ruin your appetite. The salad with bruleed mission figs was really wonderful. The gnocchi was in a light but flavorful broth, and the new york steak was done to perfection with amazing twice cooked Yukon potatoes. Service was excellent. I'd recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- first disappointment of our tripsusandiner340Dined on 10/18/2014Olive and Vine is lovely! My husbands lamb chop was prepared well but I ordered the chicken and that was a big mistake! I should have sent it back but I didn't want to negatively affect my husband's experience. It looked unappealing and the waitress said it didn't look right when she served it. It looked under cooked, tasted gamey and the bread pudding was just soggy bread. The owner came over and said "oh it's always right on" and offered us a free dessert. I think she should have been more apologetic and that this never should've left the kitchen.
- LOVED this charming place!StudioTheatreFansDined on 10/16/2014We were charmed by the little village and setting, but even more so after entering. Furnishings are eclectic but comfy and appealing, and the noise level was nice and low allowing easy conversation. Service was informed and very friendly. Wine list was great -- well-priced and hard to find wines like Forth caught our eye! Food was amazing! We enjoyed the pork, the duck - - even the caesar salad was done with a lemon twist! A GREAT find and we will be back on our next wine trip! Dan Dolen of reservewinetours.com had recommended it and like the wineries he took us to, it exceeded expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousFatPilgrimDined on 10/16/2014Truly an amazing meal. The pork belly, Caesar, lamb, steak and chicken were all incredible. Service was spot on and the room is warm and inviting. If you in the area you really need dine here.Special Features:
- Our Favorite PlaceTomatoVIPDined on 10/15/2014Once again, outstanding food by a creative chef. Katherine knows what she is doing and does it well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big DisappointmentSRLG2Dined on 10/11/2014Long time resident of Santa Rosa, first time here for dinner. So disappointed in our food choices. I had the gnocchi squash mushroom dish; it had zero flavor, so bland, I never add salt to a dish, except this one! I love Caesar salads, but this Lemon Caesar was way too lemony as well as "juicy". My husband ordered the steak, which was grilled perfectly, but again, not very flavorful at all! Having the Tomato Tower was probably not a wise thing to order as end of season tomatoes are long gone, again, no flavor. Thought we'd be safe ordering the Peach Crisp for dessert, but the crisp part of the Crisp was more like muesli poured on top; not crisp and crunchy at all, the best part of the entire meal was the vanilla ice cream on the Crisp.Special Features:
- WonderfulDoclindaDined on 10/5/2014Both the food and the ambiance were most enjoyable. Looking forward to another visit on a subsequent trip to the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AllydDined on 10/1/2014We had a superb meal! It was our second time eating here and we will return the next time we are in Sonoma!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KrisScoKrisScoDined on 9/27/2014Food and wine were outstanding. Service was slow but friendly. They looked to be short on wait staff for the number of guests dining. But, again, food and wine were oustanding. Prices were on the high side of things.Special Features:
- AH-mazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014I love this place. The setting is super charming and looks like an old grist mill. The dining room is accessed through a long hallway of historic Glen Ellen photos and displays which makes the evening a bigger experience than just food. The owner always makes it a point to stop by and talk to everyone and the chef regularly comes out to check on how you like your meal (which I've never ever not liked). The food is always fresh and in season and just a little different than what you expect. I ordered a gnocchi meal the other night with mushrooms that I expected to be in a mushroom sauce but instead was in a broth like an Italian soup. It was stupendous! I didn't mind it at all being not what I expected. So so so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Sonoma Jewel!Mary94949Dined on 9/24/2014This has become our go-to place for special occasions. The staff is friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable - the dining room is relaxed with perfect lighting. The food is marvelous. Perfection! Wednesday neighborhood specials are a gourmet bargain for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not supendousFoodWallahDined on 9/20/2014This meal was not quite up to our previous experiences at Olive and Vine. For example, the gnocchi preparation was different -- more Asia-inspired -- this time, and the dish just didn't work as well. (Last time, it was fantastic.) Also, it seems not to have occurred to the chef that instead of New Age kinds of ingredients like quinoa, sometimes good old potatoes would be a better choice. Also, in lieu of the owner circulating to ask how the food was, we'd have preferred to have a server more attentive to refilling wine glasses. (The wine was bottle was not within reach.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BucksterVIPDined on 9/18/2014Nothing could have been better. The meals were cooked perfectly and the service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BravissimoKirklandboyVIPDined on 9/13/2014Wonderful dinner. Lovely starter courses with fresh ingredients without fussy presentations. Service was attentive and friendly. Main courses were superb. Desserts might have been over sugared. There is no expresso machine. Overall very good experience.Special Features:
- Wine country findMaddog6Dined on 9/13/2014This was one of the best meals I have had in the last year. Fresh ingredients used with a California cuisine with slight Asian flair. The menu changes so the web menu was out of date but there were plethora of choices I wanted to try. I was disappointed in the $25 corkage fee in wine country. Most of Sonoma Counties restaurants have a lower fees or no fees because they understand people spend the day tasting and buying wine with the intent of drinking with dinner. Still one of the best new finds in Sonoma County.Special Features:
- First visit to Sonoma valleyTravelerDined on 9/12/2014Our last night in Glen Ellen was spent enjoying a wonderful meal at olive and vine. The meal was prepared and presented beautifully. It was delicious. No complaints with the food. It was a bit noisy but it is an interesting room and attractive. It was a busy night for the restaurant and definitely would be more romantic if less crowded. The staff was hustling to keep up. They were very good and worked hard to keep the customers happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good PlaceArtanisDined on 9/10/2014A really nice place. Food is quite good. Maya our server is the daughter of the owner, Catherine. Both were very attentive checking in several times to make sure everything was to our satisfaction. Will definitely return and recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceMervrxDined on 9/10/2014Came here last week with a group of 8 to celebrate my 60th birthday. We were greeted by a very pleasant hostess who promptly led us to a very comfortable table in a very attractive dining room. The staff was very friendly and attentive without being overbearing. The owners came by to congratulate me and welcome our party. The menu while limited is varied to accommodate all tastes and to insure perfection of each offering. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience and would highly recommend Olive and Vine when in the Sonoma area. I look forward to returning next summer.Special Features:
- Wonderful!TomatoVIPDined on 9/3/2014Wonderful food! Best prepared Nieman Ranch pork chop ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Birthday Dinner!JanKVIPDined on 8/30/2014Went to Olive & Vine to celebrate my birthday...let them know that there is a celebration and they will customize your menu and dessert plate (nice touch!) I never order steak when we go out, but the description was so enticing that I did, and was NOT disappointed! Lovely tomato and mozzerella tower for our appetizers. The menu is not overwhelming, so everthing looks great. Serious wine menu, with serious prices and serious corkage fee! The only let down was dessert (peach and blackberry crisp) but it may have been because we were just so full from a wondeful dinner. Lovely ambiance, too!Special Features:
- A Sonoma gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/29/2014They don't get better than when you're looking for "Sonoma Style"Special Features:
- Fabulous Find!LmfaulknerDined on 8/28/2014We live in Marin County and came up here for an overnight getaway. Don't let the location and somewhat understated exterior put you off - the food was excellent, wines were great, staff was very friendly and ambience lovely....will definitely go back and highly recommend it! A memorable dinner, bursting with flavor, loved every course! And anyone who reads this should know - we are tough critics!! Somewhat pricey, but we don't mind it when the overall experience is this good!Special Features:
- Glen Ellen findPickyeaterDined on 8/27/2014We live in the Bay Area and go up to the wine country a few times a year, but have never stayed in the Glen Ellen area. We were delighted to try olive and vine for the first time. The food was very good (chicken very tasty, salmon was well prepared but not as interesting) and the service was fantastic. We enjoyed the dining room with its high ceilings and tasting room feel and we would definitely return for another meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Knows good food1935SFredDined on 8/27/2014Wow is my overall response!!! Everything from "soup to nuts" could not have been better. The owners, John and Catherine are caring hosts and this is reflected in the food & service. Will we be back? YOU BET.Special Features:
- goodtasteVIPDined on 8/24/2014Both the food and the service were outstanding. There were six in our party and we all loved our meals. I had the swordfish special. It was perfectly cooked. The soup of the day was made with heirloom tomatoes and it was delicious. Our server explained things on the menu and kept our water glasses full. The wine list is a bit pricey.Special Features:
- Good neighborhood restaurantDandGVIPDined on 8/24/2014Everything was good, pork belly was great. Service was attentive. My only complaint was the voicemail I received a couple of hours before our reservation, "if you don't re-confirm, we will not honor your reservation." When I called back, no one answered so we considered canceling. Glad we didn't, because it was a very nice dinner. We will go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner. Favors divine!PhxyyzVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great food, lovely rustic but classy decor. Owner Katherine stopped by our table to chat. Terrific evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wineanddineDined on 8/20/2014just okay. would give second try. staff were friendly. my roasted chicken was dry.Special Features:
- Excellent As UsualTomatoVIPDined on 8/20/2014We have visited this restaurant many times and it never disappoints! Menu was creative and perfect. Plan to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wed night speciallocalyokalDined on 8/20/2014Wed night special dinner not up to the highest standards of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryDiningre2VIPDined on 8/17/2014Made our night special, food and atmosphere were wonderful. Would recommend without reservation. Especially nice for occasion; they had our names on our menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Evening in Glen EllenCalTouristDined on 8/14/2014Olive and Vine is a wonderful place for a quiet dinner after a hectic day touring the Glen Ellen area. The staff and atmosphere are both very welcoming. Portions are generous so exercise caution if ordering the full four course dinner. Mine was delicious (herbed shrimp with grits; corn chowder; roast chicken and plum upside down cake) ! Plenty of parking available in two adjoining lots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful eveningSusanVIPDined on 8/13/2014This is one of our favorites. Great food, great space and the owners are always welcoming.Special Features:
- We'll be back...bella2dineDined on 8/13/2014This was our first visit and we'll return. Knowledgable and attentive staff. Very good food... fresh, well prepared and presented beautifully. Wonderful overall feeling to the venue. We had a lovely evening and we're looking forward to bringing friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect 20th AnniversarycarlainlexDined on 8/6/2014From the moment we entered the restaurant we were pampered by the staff and chef for our 20th anniversary. The menu was even personalized for our special night. The food is wonderful and service very attentive. You will not be disappointed in a night at Olive and Vine. The black cod dumplings are a perfect start to the meal and the peach crumble (peaches from the chef's yard) was the best dessert we enjoyed while in Glenn Ellen.Special Features:
- PerfectionsonomanomDined on 8/6/2014The food was outstanding. We came for the prix fix, but opted instead to order from the special selections and the main menu. Every dish was meticulously planned and prepared, and executed with finesse. The wine list reads like a classic novel and the sommelier's recommendations were spot on. The service was outstanding … attentive without being invasive.Special Features:
- Perfectly Sonoma!QuesterwomanDined on 8/3/2014The Olive and Vine was where we began our girls trip in celebration of my niece's 21st birthday. The food was delicious, the service attentive and the sommelier recommended some excellent wines. The kitchen is in full view as you enter and it's almost like having a chef cooking in your home- nothing to hide here! There were several large groups mixed in amongst smaller sittings and everyone was having so much fun- a great way to kick off out trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Judge the dog by its hairs....TheSwedishFoodieDined on 8/3/2014We didn't have the wright clothes for the restaurant so...:( the service was accordingly to how we dressed I'm afraid. We are are frekvent restaurant visitors and are in the business. That was not so good. I think they can do better....I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceRetiredAtLastDined on 8/2/2014We went for hubby's birthday. His menu was printed with "Happy Birthday Rick", nice. Outstanding service, the best part. Dining room is constantly watched by management but not obtrusively. The pork belly "nosh" was lovely, amuse bouche something you see in high end restaurants. They waive corkage if you buy a bottle, nice. We both had halibut entrees over a gorgeous succotash. Only reason for 4 stars is it could have been hotter and to my liking, the halibut a bit more done. Desserts very generous and one shared is plenty. There was a large table of 10 gals next to us that caused a bit of noise but no way to avoid that. Beautiful open kitchen, and NONE of the staff ever stood around being idle. Wonderfully run, will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.