Olive and June
3411 Glenview Ave
Austin, TX 78703Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Olive and June
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oliveandjune-austin.com/
- Phone: 5124679898x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar open at 4:30. Open nightly at 5:00. Happy hour daily 5:00-6:30 pm. Featuring a half price all antipasti, beer, and liquor. Sunday night, in addition to our regular menu, we offer a $29 three course prix fixe sunday dinner menu. See our website for an updated menu each week.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Shawn Cirkiel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining space available indoor ad outdoor for 8-150 people.
- Private Party Contact: Allison Guelli 5124679898x
- Special Events: olive & june has many private dining options, from smaller groups of 12 up to 100. please email email@example.com for availability & pricing!
A word from Olive and June
A southern Italian restaurant by Chef Shawn Cirkiel of parkside & the backspace, and chavez. Serving piccolo piatti, antipasti, daily homemade pastas, entrées grilled over Texas oak, contorni & Italian dolci.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Olive and June - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Olive and June reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (113)great for outdoor dining (109)special occasion (106)neighborhood gem (92)romantic (90)notable wine list (76)good for groups (54)hot spot (25)scenic view (17)late-night find (17)vibrant bar scene (13)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (3)Show More
- Service was terribleBTSinAustinDined on 10/25/2014Had a 4 top 8:30 reservation Saturday. Got there 5 minutes early and they told they were running slow so please wait upstairs. For the record the girls at the hostess stand were nice and funny. But we were left hanging. At 8:50 we were told the 4 top that opened up was being saved for a 9:00 reservation. So we have to wait and they don't? They went ahead and gave us the table. That was at 9:00. This is when it really got bad. Our waiter Rafael if I recall correctly, came over and instantly showed us his hatred. I am not exaggerating that this guy treated us like we were homeless beggars. Condescending, slow, and down right hateful. He would disappear for 10 minutes at a time. He cost himself a lot of tip.
- Trying too hardchunteDined on 10/24/2014Booked a reservation for a special celebration dinner. Disappointed they couldn't seat us outside at the amazing patio. We were very warmly welcomed and were seated in the dark upstairs room. It was intimate but felt a bit like a cave after the gorgeous tree canopy outside. The appetizer (mixed lightly grilled seafood over arugula) was outstanding. Unfortunately, every dish after didn't even come close. The small plate items should have been renamed "tiny" plates. The entrees came served on half the plate (very odd looking) and the attempt at being original ended up in very weird taste combinations. Our waitress was far too laid back and timid. Overall, their attempt to be innovative just distracted from delivering a great experience.Special Features:
- Classy boho beautiful!HalibutCheeksDined on 10/24/2014Love it so much everything is gorgeous and amazing and I will be having my wedding reception there!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful patio dininglaurenVIPDined on 10/21/2014The food and atmosphere was wonderful. I would look at the wines online ahead of time. Our waiter could not help us choose one and I was not familiar with most of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant girls' nightefd1Dined on 10/20/2014My friend and I had a great time enjoying the ambiance on the patio, the great wine list and the super helpful waitstaff. All in all it was a tad pricey but we would definitely dine here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint Upscale PeacefulAustinFoodieDined on 10/20/2014We took my visiting parents and it was by far their favorite restaurant on the "Austin tour." They appreciate unique Italian food, an eclectic drink selection, and ambiance and Olive and June fit all three.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite places!nmjaloneDined on 10/19/2014This is a place for everyone. I eat alone some of the time, making their menu perfect for me. I am able to have more than one item since I can order from their "small items" menu. My favorite is the "Farm Egg", however, I have never had any item I did not really enjoy. The service has always been professional and friendly. The bar is fabulous and the drinks, wine, beer, etc are very good. I Love Olive and June and recommend it them, because I know I can depend on them to take care of everyone who walks through the door. Thank YouSpecial Features:
- Great overall experience!AustinForLifeDined on 10/18/2014Olive & June has repurposed the multi-level space formerly occupied by El Arbol in the north Austin region (35th Ave) and come up with a winning combination of interesting food, drink, sophisticated-but-inviting space and attentive service. All of this is overseen by caring management-both the manager and assistant manager stopped by our table to check in on things and they genuinely seemed to show an interest. The Saturday we stopped by, they maxed out the space (which is saying something, since we learned the two private rooms had parties of 22 and 75, along with about 150+ diners in the main spaces - indoor and out. By the way, the outdoor eating area is very cool, as well. Nevertheless, the kitchen stayed on top of things. 5 stars!Special Features:
- Always Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Olive & June is always fantastic and one of my favorite spots in Austin! Great bar, amazing food and exceptional staff - perfect for any special occasion or group outing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMichcaDined on 10/16/2014Olive & June is an all-around excellent dining experience. The food is delicious, the wine list has something delicious for all palates and pairings, and the dessert menu will make anyone—even someone like myself, who never orders dessert—save room for dessert here! Of special note, our waiter Chaz was phenomenal! Next time I dine at Olive & June, I will absolutely request to sit in his section. I will definitely return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty ItalianFoodieDined on 10/14/2014Very good food, with Italian classics but with an upscale flair. Smaller portion sizes, but fulfilling. Wine list was great, although they rang up the wrong price for our bottle, so do read the bill. Young waitstaff but enthusiastic and better taste vocabulary and descriptions than I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!FoodieQDined on 10/11/2014The food and service were both fantastic! The only reason I gave 4 stars for service instead of 5 is because it took too long in between "check ins" from our server. It was especially notable at the end when waiting to receive the check and complete the transaction.Special Features:
- Great ambiance & foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014This is a lovely spot - the ambiance is unbeatable. The food is delicious and very unique. It focuses a lot more on sharing plates. The staff is friendly and the sommelier is very well-educated.Special Features:
- great find in central AustinfoodloverinAustinDined on 10/6/2014Olive and June's is an adorable restaurant on the edge of an old Austin neighborhood. No traffic or noise during dinner. Food is amazing! Love the Monday half price wine and small appetizers. Very cool decor and outdoor dining, lovely staff and free valet parking. A real treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/6/2014I've eaten at Olive and June a number of times, but our dinner on this night was spectacular in every way!Special Features:
- Very goodHallcatDined on 10/5/2014Dining in a work group of 4. We were all impressed with every dish. From the pepper appetizer to the cheesecake dessert- inventive and delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingBaylorNationTravelsDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I enjoyed a fantastic evening. The wine, the food, and the environment was awesome. The Management is fantastic, the waiting staff was great, and the bartender had some great recommendations. We wish we had such a place in DFW!Special Features:
- DelightfulLicuadoraDined on 9/30/2014First visit for a few vintage aged women who were impressed with the attentiveness of our server and his knowledge of the menu and for his suggestions. Once again Shawn Cirkiel knocks it out of the park with a nice twist to Italian cuisine. We are looking forward to returning again and again. Buon appetito!Special Features:
- Alright goodTheclassyfellerDined on 9/27/2014My food was too salty and too spicyish from too mucho pepper in the rub.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014We had a fantastic meal and overall experience. From the cocktails to the amazing cheese cake, we were impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite food, knowledgeable staffcousDined on 9/27/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday at O&J. We arrived early (~6pm) for drinks and an appetizer at the bar: Negroni, Fionda, and the pork meatballs, which were amazing. The bar tender was attentive, but not bothersome. Once to our table, we ordered the gnocchi with rabbit confit (seasonal), saffron ricotta ravioli, striped bass, and roasted acorn squash. We paired it with a bottle of the Cosimo 'Daphne' orange wines suggested by our waiter. We'd never had orange wine; it paired exceptionally well with our food, which was prepared excellently. We finished off dinner with the hazelnut crema and ricotta cheesecake. The cheesecake was the better of the two. The waiter brought my wife a glass of champagne for her birthday! We can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely (but a lively baby)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Lovely dinner, excellent service. A Very enthusiastic baby almost wrecked it, but the parents did their best! Will return.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Excellent service. Excellent food. Excellent atmosphere. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our night out.Special Features:
- Perfect OccasiontuftopleaseDined on 9/24/2014On a recent evening five of us celebrated a friend's birthday on the O&J patio. O&J staff was informed, accommodating, and service oriented. Every course was a delightful experience. Very creative appetizers, main courses, and desserts. All served by a skilled and friendly waitperson. Wine list had several reasonably-priced selections. At the conclusion of our meal the manager came by our table to converse and gain our feedback. We are impressed and O&J is now one of our favorite Austin dining/entertaining venues.Special Features:
- ExcellentBitoDined on 9/22/2014Everything we ordered was delicious and our waitress was very nice. I enjoyed everything about this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!ATXFoodieDined on 9/21/2014Olive and June was recommended to me by a friend and what a gem of a restaurant! The food was fantastic, with great original dishes with wonderful taste combinations and a delightful presentation. The atmosphere was quite nice. If you're looking for a romantic dinner or a great place to go with a group, I highly recommend it! By the way, the grappa selection was also outstanding and gave me a whole new appreciation for grappas. If you love Italian food, this should be on your Austin bucket list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fell ShortOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014My husband and I had high expectations for this little gem of a restaurant but it ultimately fell short. The hostess was not particularly enthusiastic when we arrived and seemed confused. We were finally seated at a nice corner spot under the big oak tree, which was beautiful. Our server came to greet us, and also seemed to lack any enthusiasm as well. He appeared to be distracted, uninterested in the menu, and bored. We sampled the mozzarella, scallop crudo and zeppole. The mozzarella and crudo were outstanding and very refreshing. The zeppole just tasted fried. Our main courses were the quail and bass, both which failed to wow us, and flavors did not mix well together. Wine was ok. Dessert was ok. Service was well below what we expected.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Paul the manager/somm was a delight, our server knew his food, made recommendation and maintained the table. you have one of my favorite bar stools, bar staff has always been great creamy egg app just heaven on a spoon Keep up the good work and thank you always for a delightful dining experience, NikSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!LoveAustinFoodDined on 9/19/2014Had a fantastic meal at Olive and June last night! The scallop dish reall stood out - it's a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findfoodieDined on 9/19/2014Friends suggested. Great service, creative food , excellent wine list. Even desserts are special treats. Will be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Wonderful ExperienceLive2eatVIPDined on 9/18/2014We had not been to this restaurant in a while so decided to take some out-of-town friends there for dinner on Thursday night, and were not disappointed. The food was as good as we remembered although we didn't recall the Piccoli Piatti items being literally bite-size servings 9For example, one fried ravioli, 1 stuffed calamari, etc.) so we ended up doubling on a couple and quadrupling on 1 item. Nonetheless, the service was attentive and our guests were extremely impressed with all the dishes we had - 3 appetizers, risotto, ravioli, grilled angus and their fish special (Porgy). The risotto was to die for but one friend from New York absolutely LOVED the ricotta cheesecake. Will go back again soon.Special Features:
- Italian bistro with a great barMusicManDined on 9/15/2014The "Mezzo Mondays" specials at Olive and June keep me coming back. Half-price primi piatti and antipasti,half-price wine and all cocktails---what's not to love? But on top of that, the food is quite good and the atmosphere and waitstaff are wonderful.Special Features:
- Olive and JuneNomzDined on 9/14/2014Had the best server and the food was beyond delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service LackingoldfoodieDined on 9/14/2014There is pleasant ambiance and it was not noisy since we were there before 6 p.m. on a Sunday. My first glass of wine was not drinkable as it was full of tannins and probably the bottom of the bottle. I was brought two samples to try before ordering again and the second glass was fine. The waitress was rather inefficient as she forgot our side of fingerling potatoes which subsequently did not arrive until we were well into our dinner. Once served, she did not return at appropriate intervals and we waited quite a while for our check in spite of the restaurant not being busy. While the rabbit plates were nicely arranged and cooked properly, fried rabbit would not be my choice a second time.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!hate2cookDined on 9/10/2014We went to celebrate our anniversary and were thrilled with the experience. Olive & June is a true gem, especially in light of all the chains popping up around town. The food was fresh, beautifully presented and out of this world. The cocktails are so fantastic we decided to forgo wine to continue enjoying their unique concoctions. Our waiter was absolutely perfect - knowledgeable, attentive without being suffocating, and humorous. We will request him next time. The atmosphere is romantic and beautiful. In cooler weather, we will definitely opt for the patio as it is gorgeous. Love that it's not downtown too. Our night was absolute perfection and we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Happy birthday indeed!MidnightDaveDined on 9/8/2014My wife took me here for number 55 and Olive and June, and our waiter Andrew made sure I had a great meal. The food is interesting, complex and fun. The wines the same. In fact, so was our waiter, if you replace complex with knowledgeable. Just a great experience, as we told Jason, one of the managers when he came to check on us. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as always...AlyAnders1Dined on 9/8/2014Although I hate to share this sweet neighborhood spot, I cannot help but commend the always excellent food, service and ambiance.Special Features:
- Nice meal spoiledMrGrumpyDined on 9/7/2014We were seated on the interior mezzanine, next to a group of about 8 people who seemed intent on shouting each other down (I should have seen where things were headed and requested re-seating immediately). The staff ignored the growing rowdiness and the obvious fact that other diners nearby were being disturbed. One, not me, quietly expressed his discomfort with the rowdiness to the noisiest of the group and received a shouted obscenity for his pains. While the food was excellent, the floor staff allowed the efforts of the kitchen (and other diners' money) to be wasted by the bad behavior of a few of their customers.Special Features:
- Outstanding SaryGunday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2014All courses of the Sunday family dinner were wonderful and the portions were more than ade for aquatell 7 diners. The service was excellent and the setting very relaxing. This is a great place for family dinners, and children are more than welcome.Special Features:
- suprisedfoodieDined on 9/7/2014First time. Waiter very savy, excellent recommendations on food and wine, great feel in the room, free valet service. Completely satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.