Olive and June
3411 Glenview Ave
Austin, TX 78703Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Olive and June
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oliveandjune-austin.com/
- Phone: (512) 467-9898
- Hours of Operation:
Bar open at 4:30. Open nightly at 5:00. Happy hour daily 5:00-6:30 pm. Featuring a half price all antipasti, beer, and liquor. Sunday night, in addition to our regular menu, we offer a $29 three course prix fixe sunday dinner menu. See our website for an updated menu each week.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Shawn Cirkiel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining space available indoor ad outdoor for 8-150 people.
- Private Party Contact: Allison Guelli 5124679898x
- Special Events: olive & june has many private dining options, from smaller groups of 12 up to 100. please email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability & pricing!
A word from Olive and June
A southern Italian restaurant by Chef Shawn Cirkiel of parkside & the backspace, and chavez. Serving piccolo piatti, antipasti, daily homemade pastas, entrées grilled over Texas oak, contorni & Italian dolci.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Olive and June - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Olive and June reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (119)great for outdoor dining (110)special occasion (104)neighborhood gem (92)romantic (88)notable wine list (65)good for groups (58)hot spot (28)scenic view (15)late-night find (14)vibrant bar scene (14)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Always Awesome!DanFDined on 11/21/2014Olive & June never fails to impress, and this trip was no different - one of our favorite Austin spots for a reason!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold, wet, and loudOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2014We were seated outside on the covered patio and told, "it's nicer than it looks". No, it was as bad as it looked. The cold air gushed in through the tent door spraying rain on us. There was a large party of college students going to a sorority event at the next table...they were well lubricated and very, very loud. The tables were so close that the wait staff had a hard time getting around to serve. Lastly, our entrees were cold by the time we got them. A sad experience all around.
- Creative RecipesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2014My wife and I ate at Olive and June for our anniversary. Although the menu features pastas and other common Italian dishes, the food wasn't exactly what we expected. The recipes were unusual to us, but everything tasted and looked fantastic. This is a really cool restaurant for people that are looking for creative and unique food that tastes delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DKArdDined on 11/14/2014We wanted a local restaurant that wwouldn't be overcrowded but offer great service and great food. We were very happy with the food, the service and the environment. We went to dinner early (5:30) so when we first arrived there were only a few other guests, but by the time we left the restaurant was full. Even with a full house, the noise level was still low enough for us to have a good conversation at our table without having to raise our voices. Great dinner and a great environmnet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spur of the moment dinnerMIKEDined on 11/11/2014We have been to June & Olive several times. This time we ate in the downstairs dining room. The food was, as usual, very good. I had the quail and my wife had pasta. The service was prompt and attentive and the prices seemed about right. My only complaint, and it isn't a very strong one, is that the room is fairly noisy. There was a large table of 10 or 12 people on the other side of the room and it was remarkable how much quieter the whole room became when they left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The whole staff were very helpfulHaveGutWillTravelVIPDined on 11/8/2014First time at this restaurant - won't be the last. After being seating promptly by the host, we asked for recommendations from our server. Recommendations were right on. I loved the lamb leg - wife loved the pasta. Several of the drinks are very unique and tasty. We finished with the Hazelnut Crema - wonderful.Special Features:
- Excellent food!TravelerDined on 11/8/2014Our daughters recommended this restaurant to us and we will surely return next time we are in town!!Special Features:
- wonderful!foodieDined on 11/7/2014Best restaurant we have eaten at in Austin so far. Really great atmosphere, service and food. Definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice surpriseMoninaDined on 11/7/2014Even though the hostess forgot about us (she told us she would come get us at the bar), we had great drinks at the bar and a delicious appetizer made with grilled eggplant and ricotta cheese. Once seated, our meal was timely and delicious. We were seated on the 2nd floor and inside, but the dining room was opened to the patio and we were able to enjoy the gorgeous evening! Great place for 2 or many!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lexlexVIPDined on 11/4/2014Food was good but took awhile for our entrees to come outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre with a dash of awfuldesignvisionVIPDined on 11/1/2014After explaining to the waiter that my partner was allergic to cow dairy and asking him to alert us to dishes that were off limits we started the evening with an optimistically. He then served a bread basket accompanied by what appeared to be an olive oil/butter spread. After vanishing without any audible explanation we tried it- trusting that he actually understood. Finally after grabbing his attention he indicated that it was ricotta cheese. Grrrrr. Knowing what was on tap later for my partner we ordered their grilled octopus (lame) and beet salad (sad). The lamb was pretty but boring and the rabbit my partner had was dry and tasteless. The place was jammed but I cannot see why- looks like a place that has outlived its excellence.
- New Favorite SpotGlennDined on 10/31/2014Had heard good things about this place, but was blown away! Beautiful patio, great ambiance, outstanding service, and amazing food. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/29/2014The ambience of the patio was excellent. Even though there was a group of 12 or so next to us we were still able to enjoy our conversation. Well seasoned, well prepared food. Attentive but not overbearing serviceSpecial Features:
- Service was terribleBTSinAustinDined on 10/25/2014Had a 4 top 8:30 reservation Saturday. Got there 5 minutes early and they told they were running slow so please wait upstairs. For the record the girls at the hostess stand were nice and funny. But we were left hanging. At 8:50 we were told the 4 top that opened up was being saved for a 9:00 reservation. So we have to wait and they don't? They went ahead and gave us the table. That was at 9:00. This is when it really got bad. Our waiter Rafael if I recall correctly, came over and instantly showed us his hatred. I am not exaggerating that this guy treated us like we were homeless beggars. Condescending, slow, and down right hateful. He would disappear for 10 minutes at a time. He cost himself a lot of tip.
- Trying too hardchunteDined on 10/24/2014Booked a reservation for a special celebration dinner. Disappointed they couldn't seat us outside at the amazing patio. We were very warmly welcomed and were seated in the dark upstairs room. It was intimate but felt a bit like a cave after the gorgeous tree canopy outside. The appetizer (mixed lightly grilled seafood over arugula) was outstanding. Unfortunately, every dish after didn't even come close. The small plate items should have been renamed "tiny" plates. The entrees came served on half the plate (very odd looking) and the attempt at being original ended up in very weird taste combinations. Our waitress was far too laid back and timid. Overall, their attempt to be innovative just distracted from delivering a great experience.Special Features:
- Classy boho beautiful!HalibutCheeksDined on 10/24/2014Love it so much everything is gorgeous and amazing and I will be having my wedding reception there!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful patio dininglaurenVIPDined on 10/21/2014The food and atmosphere was wonderful. I would look at the wines online ahead of time. Our waiter could not help us choose one and I was not familiar with most of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant girls' nightefd1Dined on 10/20/2014My friend and I had a great time enjoying the ambiance on the patio, the great wine list and the super helpful waitstaff. All in all it was a tad pricey but we would definitely dine here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint Upscale PeacefulAustinFoodieDined on 10/20/2014We took my visiting parents and it was by far their favorite restaurant on the "Austin tour." They appreciate unique Italian food, an eclectic drink selection, and ambiance and Olive and June fit all three.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite places!nmjaloneDined on 10/19/2014This is a place for everyone. I eat alone some of the time, making their menu perfect for me. I am able to have more than one item since I can order from their "small items" menu. My favorite is the "Farm Egg", however, I have never had any item I did not really enjoy. The service has always been professional and friendly. The bar is fabulous and the drinks, wine, beer, etc are very good. I Love Olive and June and recommend it them, because I know I can depend on them to take care of everyone who walks through the door. Thank YouSpecial Features:
- Great overall experience!AustinForLifeDined on 10/18/2014Olive & June has repurposed the multi-level space formerly occupied by El Arbol in the north Austin region (35th Ave) and come up with a winning combination of interesting food, drink, sophisticated-but-inviting space and attentive service. All of this is overseen by caring management-both the manager and assistant manager stopped by our table to check in on things and they genuinely seemed to show an interest. The Saturday we stopped by, they maxed out the space (which is saying something, since we learned the two private rooms had parties of 22 and 75, along with about 150+ diners in the main spaces - indoor and out. By the way, the outdoor eating area is very cool, as well. Nevertheless, the kitchen stayed on top of things. 5 stars!Special Features:
- Always Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Olive & June is always fantastic and one of my favorite spots in Austin! Great bar, amazing food and exceptional staff - perfect for any special occasion or group outing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMichcaDined on 10/16/2014Olive & June is an all-around excellent dining experience. The food is delicious, the wine list has something delicious for all palates and pairings, and the dessert menu will make anyone—even someone like myself, who never orders dessert—save room for dessert here! Of special note, our waiter Chaz was phenomenal! Next time I dine at Olive & June, I will absolutely request to sit in his section. I will definitely return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty ItalianFoodieDined on 10/14/2014Very good food, with Italian classics but with an upscale flair. Smaller portion sizes, but fulfilling. Wine list was great, although they rang up the wrong price for our bottle, so do read the bill. Young waitstaff but enthusiastic and better taste vocabulary and descriptions than I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!FoodieQDined on 10/11/2014The food and service were both fantastic! The only reason I gave 4 stars for service instead of 5 is because it took too long in between "check ins" from our server. It was especially notable at the end when waiting to receive the check and complete the transaction.Special Features:
- Great ambiance & foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014This is a lovely spot - the ambiance is unbeatable. The food is delicious and very unique. It focuses a lot more on sharing plates. The staff is friendly and the sommelier is very well-educated.Special Features:
- great find in central AustinfoodloverinAustinDined on 10/6/2014Olive and June's is an adorable restaurant on the edge of an old Austin neighborhood. No traffic or noise during dinner. Food is amazing! Love the Monday half price wine and small appetizers. Very cool decor and outdoor dining, lovely staff and free valet parking. A real treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/6/2014I've eaten at Olive and June a number of times, but our dinner on this night was spectacular in every way!Special Features:
- Very goodHallcatDined on 10/5/2014Dining in a work group of 4. We were all impressed with every dish. From the pepper appetizer to the cheesecake dessert- inventive and delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingBaylorNationTravelsDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I enjoyed a fantastic evening. The wine, the food, and the environment was awesome. The Management is fantastic, the waiting staff was great, and the bartender had some great recommendations. We wish we had such a place in DFW!Special Features:
- DelightfulLicuadoraDined on 9/30/2014First visit for a few vintage aged women who were impressed with the attentiveness of our server and his knowledge of the menu and for his suggestions. Once again Shawn Cirkiel knocks it out of the park with a nice twist to Italian cuisine. We are looking forward to returning again and again. Buon appetito!Special Features:
- Alright goodTheclassyfellerDined on 9/27/2014My food was too salty and too spicyish from too mucho pepper in the rub.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014We had a fantastic meal and overall experience. From the cocktails to the amazing cheese cake, we were impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite food, knowledgeable staffcousDined on 9/27/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday at O&J. We arrived early (~6pm) for drinks and an appetizer at the bar: Negroni, Fionda, and the pork meatballs, which were amazing. The bar tender was attentive, but not bothersome. Once to our table, we ordered the gnocchi with rabbit confit (seasonal), saffron ricotta ravioli, striped bass, and roasted acorn squash. We paired it with a bottle of the Cosimo 'Daphne' orange wines suggested by our waiter. We'd never had orange wine; it paired exceptionally well with our food, which was prepared excellently. We finished off dinner with the hazelnut crema and ricotta cheesecake. The cheesecake was the better of the two. The waiter brought my wife a glass of champagne for her birthday! We can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely (but a lively baby)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Lovely dinner, excellent service. A Very enthusiastic baby almost wrecked it, but the parents did their best! Will return.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Excellent service. Excellent food. Excellent atmosphere. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our night out.Special Features:
- Perfect OccasiontuftopleaseDined on 9/24/2014On a recent evening five of us celebrated a friend's birthday on the O&J patio. O&J staff was informed, accommodating, and service oriented. Every course was a delightful experience. Very creative appetizers, main courses, and desserts. All served by a skilled and friendly waitperson. Wine list had several reasonably-priced selections. At the conclusion of our meal the manager came by our table to converse and gain our feedback. We are impressed and O&J is now one of our favorite Austin dining/entertaining venues.Special Features:
- ExcellentBitoDined on 9/22/2014Everything we ordered was delicious and our waitress was very nice. I enjoyed everything about this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!ATXFoodieDined on 9/21/2014Olive and June was recommended to me by a friend and what a gem of a restaurant! The food was fantastic, with great original dishes with wonderful taste combinations and a delightful presentation. The atmosphere was quite nice. If you're looking for a romantic dinner or a great place to go with a group, I highly recommend it! By the way, the grappa selection was also outstanding and gave me a whole new appreciation for grappas. If you love Italian food, this should be on your Austin bucket list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fell ShortOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014My husband and I had high expectations for this little gem of a restaurant but it ultimately fell short. The hostess was not particularly enthusiastic when we arrived and seemed confused. We were finally seated at a nice corner spot under the big oak tree, which was beautiful. Our server came to greet us, and also seemed to lack any enthusiasm as well. He appeared to be distracted, uninterested in the menu, and bored. We sampled the mozzarella, scallop crudo and zeppole. The mozzarella and crudo were outstanding and very refreshing. The zeppole just tasted fried. Our main courses were the quail and bass, both which failed to wow us, and flavors did not mix well together. Wine was ok. Dessert was ok. Service was well below what we expected.Special Features: