Olive and June
3411 Glenview Ave
Austin, TX 78703Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Olive and June
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oliveandjune-austin.com/
- Phone: 5124679898x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar open at 4:30. Open nightly at 5:00. Happy hour daily 5:00-6:30 pm. Featuring a half price all antipasti, beer, and liquor. Sunday night, in addition to our regular menu, we offer a $29 three course prix fixe sunday dinner menu. See our website for an updated menu each week.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Shawn Cirkiel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining space available indoor ad outdoor for 8-150 people.
- Private Party Contact: Allison Guelli 5124679898x
- Special Events: olive & june has many private dining options, from smaller groups of 12 up to 100. please email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability & pricing!
A word from Olive and June
A southern Italian restaurant by Chef Shawn Cirkiel of parkside & the backspace, and chavez. Serving piccolo piatti, antipasti, daily homemade pastas, entrées grilled over Texas oak, contorni & Italian dolci.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Olive and June - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Olive and June reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (120)great for outdoor dining (113)special occasion (105)neighborhood gem (102)romantic (90)notable wine list (77)good for groups (61)hot spot (31)scenic view (24)vibrant bar scene (15)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (11)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (6)Show More
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Had a fantastic meal at Olive and June last night! The scallop dish reall stood out - it's a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findfoodieDined on 9/19/2014Friends suggested. Great service, creative food , excellent wine list. Even desserts are special treats. Will be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian bistro with a great barMusicManDined on 9/15/2014The "Mezzo Mondays" specials at Olive and June keep me coming back. Half-price primi piatti and antipasti,half-price wine and all cocktails---what's not to love? But on top of that, the food is quite good and the atmosphere and waitstaff are wonderful.Special Features:
- Olive and JuneNomzDined on 9/14/2014Had the best server and the food was beyond delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service LackingoldfoodieDined on 9/14/2014There is pleasant ambiance and it was not noisy since we were there before 6 p.m. on a Sunday. My first glass of wine was not drinkable as it was full of tannins and probably the bottom of the bottle. I was brought two samples to try before ordering again and the second glass was fine. The waitress was rather inefficient as she forgot our side of fingerling potatoes which subsequently did not arrive until we were well into our dinner. Once served, she did not return at appropriate intervals and we waited quite a while for our check in spite of the restaurant not being busy. While the rabbit plates were nicely arranged and cooked properly, fried rabbit would not be my choice a second time.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!hate2cookDined on 9/10/2014We went to celebrate our anniversary and were thrilled with the experience. Olive & June is a true gem, especially in light of all the chains popping up around town. The food was fresh, beautifully presented and out of this world. The cocktails are so fantastic we decided to forgo wine to continue enjoying their unique concoctions. Our waiter was absolutely perfect - knowledgeable, attentive without being suffocating, and humorous. We will request him next time. The atmosphere is romantic and beautiful. In cooler weather, we will definitely opt for the patio as it is gorgeous. Love that it's not downtown too. Our night was absolute perfection and we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Happy birthday indeed!MidnightDaveDined on 9/8/2014My wife took me here for number 55 and Olive and June, and our waiter Andrew made sure I had a great meal. The food is interesting, complex and fun. The wines the same. In fact, so was our waiter, if you replace complex with knowledgeable. Just a great experience, as we told Jason, one of the managers when he came to check on us. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as always...AlyAnders1Dined on 9/8/2014Although I hate to share this sweet neighborhood spot, I cannot help but commend the always excellent food, service and ambiance.Special Features:
- Nice meal spoiledMrGrumpyDined on 9/7/2014We were seated on the interior mezzanine, next to a group of about 8 people who seemed intent on shouting each other down (I should have seen where things were headed and requested re-seating immediately). The staff ignored the growing rowdiness and the obvious fact that other diners nearby were being disturbed. One, not me, quietly expressed his discomfort with the rowdiness to the noisiest of the group and received a shouted obscenity for his pains. While the food was excellent, the floor staff allowed the efforts of the kitchen (and other diners' money) to be wasted by the bad behavior of a few of their customers.Special Features:
- Outstanding SaryGunday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2014All courses of the Sunday family dinner were wonderful and the portions were more than ade for aquatell 7 diners. The service was excellent and the setting very relaxing. This is a great place for family dinners, and children are more than welcome.Special Features:
- suprisedfoodieDined on 9/7/2014First time. Waiter very savy, excellent recommendations on food and wine, great feel in the room, free valet service. Completely satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Happy Hour, Dinner, DrinksOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Took a group of girls here for a happy hour/dinner bachelorette evening. The food was unreal. Some of the appetizers were so good we ordered them twice. Loved every second.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gang of 3GreatDined on 9/3/2014Emily our server was fantastic. We loved the food. The wine is pricey but wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dwplDined on 9/3/2014Andrew was knowledgable friendly and excellent. His presentation was thorough. His recommendations were right on. We will come back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenomenalDallasDinerDined on 9/1/2014Olive and June is phenomenal. Every time. Andrew was amazing and his recommendation of the cheesecake was on point!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Meat and cheese plate is $19, and 1 of the 3 cheeses was simple Parmesan slices. 2 of the 3 meats were just small piles of salami and prosciutto. Half of that plate was not worth half of that price. For the 6 tables we were seated next to, it was extremely loud. Wait staff felt like they didn't have time for our table of two, was very brief with us when they were around. Thought we asked for a dessert menu instead of the check. We had the Grilled Octopus appetizer, which had more whole chunks of sausage than octopus. It was also 5 bites big & came in a bowl that filled more than a quarter of our small table. The 2nd app was similarly small-but-massively-bowled. This was not appealing for the price. Price is too high for what this is.Special Features:
- GoJuanacuatroDined on 8/29/2014Fresh pasta, northern Italian style seasoning, caring staff, creative flavors made this a nice birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyOntsmomnaDined on 8/27/2014The food was delicious. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- I expected it to be good....TheloniouscoltraneDined on 8/24/2014Instead it was great. This is the place to go on Sunday nights for their 3 course prix fixe menu. For little more than the cost of an entree, you get three generous courses of inventive foods. This past Sunday we had a nice set of starters followed by lasagna with eggplant and finished with a leg of duck confit with Texas figs. Yummy stuff. Good recommendations of wine as well.Special Features:
- Has potential but...wheredoweeatnextDined on 8/21/2014Good Things: wine list, service from the waiter, valet parking, the beauty of the gigantic tree. Not So Good Things: portion per price ratio (small portions are OK but they should not be priced higher than other comparable restaurants with food of equal quality), shabby décor in a beautiful building (looks like everything was purchased at a thrift store) The food was mostly good but not great and was priced like it should be great. It is not up to the quality of Parkside - a sister restaurant. The building is so great and the concept one we need in Austin but, sadly, it doesn't live up to its full potential. I will try it again because it could be a really good restaurant with just a few tweaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MattoonSparklesDined on 8/20/2014We went to Olive and June for the first time on our 37th anniversary. We were very impressed and can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Great serviceNativeAustinite12Dined on 8/19/2014Not a huge foodie but our server Andrew made me excited about the food. Grateful for his enthusiasm and knowledge and kindness. This restaurant has the potential to be a little uppity/snobby but Andrew made me comfortable. The ambiance is great and the outdoor patio space is beautiful.Special Features:
- Gal palsKalolaDined on 8/18/2014Really good evening. Just one minor complaint: our waiter would come by and interrupt our serious conversation. He seemed to be oblivious to the vibe at the table. I was telling my friends something very serious and sad and he brought bread -- and interrupted to describe it. "This is foccacia... It's a bread." Kind of broke up our conversation multiple times. Other than those interruptions, it was a lovely evening.Special Features:
- RedwineRedwineVIPDined on 8/18/2014The summer menu is very good offering some fresh ideas.Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014One of the best restauraants in Austin, with the absolute best service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent Italianbike2workDined on 8/16/2014Delicious appetizers, well prepared pasta, and excellent gelato are complimented by attentive service. It is always a joy to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- super yumOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014de-lish-us. Took some very good friends for a "thank you" dinner and O&J did not disappoint. Great for sharing. Pricey for sure but one of Austin's best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & setting good;Service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/11/2014Our server was very nice, but the service was slow and spotty. I still put it in the top 10 in Austin.Special Features:
- Great spotMikeATXDined on 8/11/2014Great spot for date night or to celebrate a special occasion. The menu has unique great tasting dishes. We went for my wife's birthday dinner on a weeknight but the bar scene and patio when the weather is nice look like great areas to enjoy a drink and conversation with friends and/or colleagues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLovegoodfoodDined on 8/9/2014Booked a table for my friend's birthday and we got a nice private room, which made it super special. Service and food were simply amazing. Everyone loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outKathyDined on 8/9/2014We celebrated a special dinner with friends. We were not disappointed. The food was excellent and the staff was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placebryang949Dined on 8/8/2014I had to go back it's that good. I love the small plates for three bucks. You can try ten things for around thirty dollars. And be full and happySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful atmosphereKelleyDined on 8/8/2014We enjoy having a place to go that's not over-run with small children and loud music. It was fantastic to meet another couple and have a nice conversation over fantastic food and beverages. The service was phenomenal.Special Features:
- Another nice place to goInterestingDined on 8/1/2014We had high expectations for Olive and June, and while we had a pleasant dinner, it was disappointing. The food selection was very good. The wine list was way overpriced, less than 10% of the sections were under $100 and I don't recall any under $50. I contrast that to a restaurant like Barletta's where there were lots of good values under $100 (and frankly better food as well) . O&J's food was nicely prepared but was a bit ordinary and lacked the "pop" we had expected give its reputation. The plating was weird though, just the entree, no vegetable, greens or potatoes adorned the entree. for a dish costing $26-25 in Austin I think the could have a little more. And $8 for a side dish of Kale or Peas? Really? It was a nice place
- Delicious, innovative ItalianJava1002Dined on 7/29/2014I have eaten at Olive and June twice in the past two weeks. Each time the food was really, really good. All of the appetizers, the beet salad, and the ravioli were particular standouts. We really have difficulty with trendy restaurants that are so loud you have to scream at your dinner partner. The noise level here was moderate, certainly bearable, which is big plus in my view. The service was friendly and adequate but not totally professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this placebryang949Dined on 7/24/2014I got last minute reservations around 9:45 on a Thursday and am so glad I did. I got every small plate they had. Around ten and they were so perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely worth the drive!JudyDined on 7/24/2014Olive and June had been recommended, by more than one person, as a place to eat in Austin. We met out of town family there and were definitely NOT disappointed! Food and service were both outstanding! Noise level was a bit high but, we will return. Half price happy hour options are a great plus too! Thank you for a great first experience, Olive and June!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb place for fine foodJohnVIPDined on 7/23/2014Excellent food, presentation and wait staff. Great menu.Special Features:
- A great meal every time.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2014We wanted someplace to take the mother of a friend for a nice & relaxing meal, and be able to have conversation and get to know her. Olive & June fills the bill again: lovely service from the get-go, wonderful food with a deliciously memorable surprise every time - who knew that grilling snap peas makes them sweet & smoky?, that you might have an incredible meal where you all vote that the glazed carrots were indeed the star not because the entrees weren't memorable but because you never knew carrots could taste that good?! And perhaps best of all, the ambience is relaxing and we're able to talk with the people we eat with, without shouting. We've been several times, and Olive & June always pleases.Special Features:
- Great outdoor spot!SanFranVisitorVIPDined on 7/20/2014We discovered this restaurant because it was near where we were staying and got good reviews. We choose to sit outside and loved it, though the inside looked inviting as well. We shared a few things to be able to try more, and everything was well presented and delicious! Next time we're in Austin we will definitely be back!Special Features: