Olive and June
3411 Glenview Ave
Austin, TX 78703Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Olive and June
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oliveandjune-austin.com/
- Phone: 5124679898x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar open at 4:30. Open nightly at 5:00. Happy hour daily 5:00-6:30 pm. Featuring a half price all antipasti, beer, and liquor. Sunday night, in addition to our regular menu, we offer a $29 three course prix fixe sunday dinner menu. See our website for an updated menu each week.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Shawn Cirkiel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining space available indoor ad outdoor for 8-150 people.
- Private Party Contact: Allison Guelli 5124679898x
- Special Events: olive & june has many private dining options, from smaller groups of 12 up to 100. please email email@example.com for availability & pricing!
A word from Olive and June
A southern Italian restaurant by Chef Shawn Cirkiel of parkside & the backspace, and chavez. Serving piccolo piatti, antipasti, daily homemade pastas, entrées grilled over Texas oak, contorni & Italian dolci.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Olive and June - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Olive and June reviews from OpenTable diners
197 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (132)fit for foodies (131)special occasion (116)neighborhood gem (112)romantic (105)notable wine list (83)good for groups (59)hot spot (37)scenic view (24)vibrant bar scene (21)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (12)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (8)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Meat and cheese plate is $19, and 1 of the 3 cheeses was simple Parmesan slices. 2 of the 3 meats were just small piles of salami and prosciutto. Half of that plate was not worth half of that price. For the 6 tables we were seated next to, it was extremely loud. Wait staff felt like they didn't have time for our table of two, was very brief with us when they were around. Thought we asked for a dessert menu instead of the check. We had the Grilled Octopus appetizer, which had more whole chunks of sausage than octopus. It was also 5 bites big & came in a bowl that filled more than a quarter of our small table. The 2nd app was similarly small-but-massively-bowled. This was not appealing for the price. Price is too high for what this is.Special Features:
- GoJuanacuatroDined on 8/29/2014Fresh pasta, northern Italian style seasoning, caring staff, creative flavors made this a nice birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyOntsmomnaDined on 8/27/2014The food was delicious. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- I expected it to be good....TheloniouscoltraneDined on 8/24/2014Instead it was great. This is the place to go on Sunday nights for their 3 course prix fixe menu. For little more than the cost of an entree, you get three generous courses of inventive foods. This past Sunday we had a nice set of starters followed by lasagna with eggplant and finished with a leg of duck confit with Texas figs. Yummy stuff. Good recommendations of wine as well.Special Features:
- Has potential but...wheredoweeatnextDined on 8/21/2014Good Things: wine list, service from the waiter, valet parking, the beauty of the gigantic tree. Not So Good Things: portion per price ratio (small portions are OK but they should not be priced higher than other comparable restaurants with food of equal quality), shabby décor in a beautiful building (looks like everything was purchased at a thrift store) The food was mostly good but not great and was priced like it should be great. It is not up to the quality of Parkside - a sister restaurant. The building is so great and the concept one we need in Austin but, sadly, it doesn't live up to its full potential. I will try it again because it could be a really good restaurant with just a few tweaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MattoonSparklesDined on 8/20/2014We went to Olive and June for the first time on our 37th anniversary. We were very impressed and can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Great serviceNativeAustinite12Dined on 8/19/2014Not a huge foodie but our server Andrew made me excited about the food. Grateful for his enthusiasm and knowledge and kindness. This restaurant has the potential to be a little uppity/snobby but Andrew made me comfortable. The ambiance is great and the outdoor patio space is beautiful.Special Features:
- Gal palsKalolaDined on 8/18/2014Really good evening. Just one minor complaint: our waiter would come by and interrupt our serious conversation. He seemed to be oblivious to the vibe at the table. I was telling my friends something very serious and sad and he brought bread -- and interrupted to describe it. "This is foccacia... It's a bread." Kind of broke up our conversation multiple times. Other than those interruptions, it was a lovely evening.Special Features:
- RedwineRedwineVIPDined on 8/18/2014The summer menu is very good offering some fresh ideas.Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014One of the best restauraants in Austin, with the absolute best service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent Italianbike2workDined on 8/16/2014Delicious appetizers, well prepared pasta, and excellent gelato are complimented by attentive service. It is always a joy to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- super yumOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014de-lish-us. Took some very good friends for a "thank you" dinner and O&J did not disappoint. Great for sharing. Pricey for sure but one of Austin's best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & setting good;Service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/11/2014Our server was very nice, but the service was slow and spotty. I still put it in the top 10 in Austin.Special Features:
- Great spotMikeATXDined on 8/11/2014Great spot for date night or to celebrate a special occasion. The menu has unique great tasting dishes. We went for my wife's birthday dinner on a weeknight but the bar scene and patio when the weather is nice look like great areas to enjoy a drink and conversation with friends and/or colleagues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLovegoodfoodDined on 8/9/2014Booked a table for my friend's birthday and we got a nice private room, which made it super special. Service and food were simply amazing. Everyone loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outKathyDined on 8/9/2014We celebrated a special dinner with friends. We were not disappointed. The food was excellent and the staff was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placebryang949Dined on 8/8/2014I had to go back it's that good. I love the small plates for three bucks. You can try ten things for around thirty dollars. And be full and happySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful atmosphereKelleyDined on 8/8/2014We enjoy having a place to go that's not over-run with small children and loud music. It was fantastic to meet another couple and have a nice conversation over fantastic food and beverages. The service was phenomenal.Special Features:
- Another nice place to goInterestingDined on 8/1/2014We had high expectations for Olive and June, and while we had a pleasant dinner, it was disappointing. The food selection was very good. The wine list was way overpriced, less than 10% of the sections were under $100 and I don't recall any under $50. I contrast that to a restaurant like Barletta's where there were lots of good values under $100 (and frankly better food as well) . O&J's food was nicely prepared but was a bit ordinary and lacked the "pop" we had expected give its reputation. The plating was weird though, just the entree, no vegetable, greens or potatoes adorned the entree. for a dish costing $26-25 in Austin I think the could have a little more. And $8 for a side dish of Kale or Peas? Really? It was a nice place
- Delicious, innovative ItalianJava1002Dined on 7/29/2014I have eaten at Olive and June twice in the past two weeks. Each time the food was really, really good. All of the appetizers, the beet salad, and the ravioli were particular standouts. We really have difficulty with trendy restaurants that are so loud you have to scream at your dinner partner. The noise level here was moderate, certainly bearable, which is big plus in my view. The service was friendly and adequate but not totally professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this placebryang949Dined on 7/24/2014I got last minute reservations around 9:45 on a Thursday and am so glad I did. I got every small plate they had. Around ten and they were so perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely worth the drive!JudyDined on 7/24/2014Olive and June had been recommended, by more than one person, as a place to eat in Austin. We met out of town family there and were definitely NOT disappointed! Food and service were both outstanding! Noise level was a bit high but, we will return. Half price happy hour options are a great plus too! Thank you for a great first experience, Olive and June!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb place for fine foodJohnDined on 7/23/2014Excellent food, presentation and wait staff. Great menu.Special Features:
- A great meal every time.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2014We wanted someplace to take the mother of a friend for a nice & relaxing meal, and be able to have conversation and get to know her. Olive & June fills the bill again: lovely service from the get-go, wonderful food with a deliciously memorable surprise every time - who knew that grilling snap peas makes them sweet & smoky?, that you might have an incredible meal where you all vote that the glazed carrots were indeed the star not because the entrees weren't memorable but because you never knew carrots could taste that good?! And perhaps best of all, the ambience is relaxing and we're able to talk with the people we eat with, without shouting. We've been several times, and Olive & June always pleases.Special Features:
- Great outdoor spot!SanFranVisitorVIPDined on 7/20/2014We discovered this restaurant because it was near where we were staying and got good reviews. We choose to sit outside and loved it, though the inside looked inviting as well. We shared a few things to be able to try more, and everything was well presented and delicious! Next time we're in Austin we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- still the bestalwayssunny88Dined on 7/19/2014I've been here a few times now and it's still my favorite place in the world. the menu changes seasonally (so just order it all ;) ). this time was a little louder than usual, but it was due to where we were seated. regardless the food was incredible and everything came out perfectly. always a treatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014The ambiance was quite warm and inviting, but still upscale. The waitstaff was well informed and inspired confidence in the menu before the food arrived. The Farm Egg arrived hot and delicious...with a creamy polenta...not a complicated dish, but out of this world. The White Vinaigrette dressing on the salad was perfectly subtle. The house-made pasta was perfectly done (al dente) on the ravioli and the Wreckfish was tender with a sauce that is well seasoned with olives. Ask for Alex or Robert and you will be well taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJamboDined on 7/18/2014First time at Olive and June, and I will definitely be back. Everything we had was delicious, and the service was excellent. Our server was very friendly and very helpful with some great recommendations. Normally presentation isn't a big deal for me, but I was really impressed by their plating. Every dish was beautiful, and really showed a great attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodVikChaDined on 7/17/2014Amazing decor, amazing service and consistently great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date NightaustinmommafoodieDined on 7/16/2014We really enjoyed our night out at Olive and June! The service was amazing. Our waiter really knew his wine, which helped us a lot. The food selection is diverse, yet not overwhelming. All of the items we tried were really good. Next time I'd like to try a pasta dish, as the steak was a little fatty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulSoouthernfoodieDined on 7/12/2014Waiter rude, did not know the menu & bristled when pressed to answer questions about the menu. Food was good but nothing special. Can get same food at other nice restaurants with better service & ambiance.
- Excellent experienceGood2GoDined on 7/11/2014Great food, great service, great wine - well done. Only one minor comment - we sat in a booth; pretty tight...kind of funky seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good dinning experience!AcantalDined on 7/11/2014It's our second time at "Olive and June" and we were just a little disappointed not to find some of the dishes we had tried the first time we were there (only 2 months ago), but, despite of that, the food was great and the desserts are incredible! If you have a sweet tooth, make sure to save room for dessert!Special Features:
- A changeCinCinVIPDined on 7/11/2014Nice, urban, lofty verdant spot for dinner fare - lightly Italian, gracefully garnished. We had some real kudos going out for the pork meatballs in Pomodoro sauce. We will go again.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/11/2014We had a table of 12 for our first time to Olive and June and had a great time. Our waiter (wish I could remember his name) was on top of things the whole night, and there wasn't a bad food item on the table.Special Features:
- Great food, service and atmosphereluvfoodDined on 7/8/2014We went there for my birthday with a small group. We had been there several times and are never disappointed. This particular night was really fun - the waiter was fantastic, making interesting wine recommendations and even getting us something "off menu" that we had there before but was no longer on the official menu. Love this place!Special Features:
- SommelierPauladela1Dined on 7/4/2014Great experience and esp the sommelier and the Liquer flight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timeVikkiDined on 7/4/2014We had a wonderful time at this restaurant. Emily was our server, and Paul the sommelier was very informative. Would definitely return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Small plate options!gininVIPDined on 7/3/2014What I love most are the small plate options. I enjoy ordering several different things and sharing them - it's like Italian tapas!!! I've never gone wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another hit from ShaunnewbaccaDined on 7/1/2014I'm shocked it took me this long to try... but well worth the wait. Perfect choice for a friend's bday dinner. They even served us complimentary prosecco after dinner! The food and service were fantastic. Will visit again soon.Special Features: