Oliva Dieta Mediterranea
55 Aguadilla St.
San Juan, PR 00907Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
Oliva Dieta Mediterranea
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://oliveboutiquehotel.com/oliva.html#
- Phone: 7877059994
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Wednesday: 7pm-10pm
Thursday: 7:00pm -10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 7:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Nicolas Gomez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Oliva Dieta Mediterranea
Inspired in the trilogy of the Mediterranean diet (bread, wine and olive oil), Oliva is mastered by the recognized chef Nicolas Gomez. The executive chef has created a menu that unites flavors, recipes and experiences from towns in the Mediterranean border such as Spain, France, Italy and Morocco. Try the exquisite Moroccan lamb accompanied with a crispy thin polenta in a Mediterranean ragout topped with an EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) from Sicily, Italy. Olive Oil, known as the nectar of the Mediterranean, plays one of the main characters in the scene together with rich traditions and diverse landscapes. O:liva is presented as an art form that, like wine, has multiple varieties, flavors and its own trade secrets. Find the best olives oils of the world, paired with exquisite dishes and experience a food traveling experience through the Mediterranean lifestyle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Oliva Dieta Mediterranea reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good food... Bad managemetOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014Food experience was great. They have a spectacular rooftop bar, only for members. They should at least give access to people that pay in the restaurant. Finally after a couple of calls , we gain access and for my surprise roof top bar was empty, just the bartender. Yes! Is that exclusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LawyerDined on 4/26/2014Great service, great food! Chef is amazing. I highly recommend this restuarant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual and elegantNelidaDined on 4/5/2014Service class A since the moment you walked in, they gave a tour of the hotel as well and the terrace is breath taking! Loved the food, price adequate for service size. Great appetizers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZVIPDined on 3/29/2014This was a terrific spot from the hostess, to the service, to the food and atmosphere. We will be back!!!!Special Features:
- Best restaurant in Puerto RicosuzyVIPDined on 3/27/2014Dinner was outstanding and service was terrific. Interesting menu with variety of choices. Chef/owner is hands on and stops by your table to see if you enjoyed your meal. He combines meat and fish with local ingredients. We ordered Salmon tartare ,and goat cheese croquettes for appetizers. Dinners were short ribs and risotto served in a beautiful terrine, salmon with lentils mushrooms tomatoes and goat cheese, MahiMahi with plantain ricotta spinach, and Bucatini. Everything was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Mediterranean FoodVedemaDined on 2/18/2014We visited this small restaurant our last night in Puerto Rico. It turns out we had saved the best for last. We had a table in the main dining room and were able to watch the chefs prepare the outstanding dishes in the open kitchen. The menu choices are relatively small but everything we tried was superb The short ribs were probably the best I have had anywhere in the world - perfectly cooked with an incredibly flavorful sauce. Service was somewhat uneven. The staff were all very friendly and informative when we first arrived. However, as the number of people increased the one server was not enough as service fell quickly. This was not the lone servers fault as she did her best to keep up but really needed someone else to help out.Special Features:
- One of Best Culinary Experiences!Weyoun2Dined on 2/15/2014The place was simply elegant, chic and beautiful. Excellent customer service and attention to detail. Izmarie our waitress was so delightful and friendly! The food quality is second to none. I will say comfortably this is one of the Top 3 fine restaurants in PR if not the Best! And I've tried many here and in this continent! Will recommend this hotel and restaurant with eyes closed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Without a personal reference...RunnerDined on 2/1/2014I didn't know anyone with feedback about this place. And more important, a person from my trust. So, I took the risk, along with my girlfriend. The result: Service, sharp on everything. Food, excelent flavors. Presentation, beautiful. Ambience, relaxing surroundings. Totally recommended. I will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Olive Rest.AmgenDined on 1/31/2014Awsome dinning experience..!Made my wife's birthday a super celebration! Give it a 10 !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La experiencia con mi parejaMGC1Dined on 1/25/2014La experiencia con mi pareja fue excelente, calidad de comida, muy buen servicio, ambiente acogedor y los precios accesibles. Espero visitarlos pronto, ya se lo he recomendado a varios familiares y amigos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JuanjoVIPDined on 1/1/2014Excellent and beautiful place....creative menu, and very attentive service. We enjoyed our dinnerSpecial Features:
- Blend of FlavorsLove2DinewithmywifeVIPDined on 1/1/2014This restaurant is beautiful and antique. The quality of food is delicate and have perfection. It is a very romantic restaurant for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great sequelJACPRDined on 12/26/2013The first time we went to Oliva everything was spectacular. So, we invited another couple to join us for dinner. This time the service wasn't near our first time experience. They were short on a couple of their best items, service wasn't attentive, and the quality of the food was not at the same level. This restaurant is still beautiful and romantic, but their attention to detail should go back to what it was before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable!!TonyDined on 12/19/2013Excelent service and detail attention!!! Definitely I will go back with my friends!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice little hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/13/2013We really enjoyed this restaurant and we would like to go back and add on the rooftop after dinner drink experience. The food was very good as was the service. The night we went, it was quiet enough to hear ourselves talk without raising our voices. Lovely!Special Features:
- Too much pressure to orderPRFoodieDined on 12/13/2013First time we visited, food and service was wonderful. I had the gnoccis and they were delicious. This time, I ordered the cod and it was dry and overcooked. But my main dissapointmen was we had too much pressure too order and moreover, we could overhear one of the people in charge telling the waiter to get rid of a group in another table.Special Features:
- Great service, OK food.architectaDined on 11/16/2013We stayed at this hotel, and after reading reviews, decided to book dinner here as well. Don't get me wrong, the service at this place is what makes it great, and the service at it's restaurant did not disappoint. However, we found the food a bit boring (I can see, though, if you're from PR and want something that is not typical PR fare, this would probably be a nice change of pace). The pork belly was 1/2 good 1/2 overcooked, risotto was tasty. The crab cake was the best part of our meal, light and very much full of crab and not misc carby fillers. For entrees, I had the duck breast which was too plain/gamey, the ribs were standard and tasted good/were tender. Dessert was typical. They added blueberries to my cava, nice touch.Special Features:
- Creative and deliciousNinaGDined on 11/14/2013This place really impressed us from the welcoming to the exit. Dishes were very creative starting with the foi gras, the pork belly with risotto, the fried tomato and philo salads, the fish and the fettuccine pescatore, and finishing with the apple tart. Food was very tasty, although somewhat expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingAnvilDined on 11/7/2013When I made the reservation, I had very high expectations of this place. I even called to ask about the wine list and was very pleased when Mr. Raúl Menéndez attended my request in a very prompt and friendly manner, and sent me the list by email. Nevertheless, we had to wait over half an hour to be seated, the waiters were not attentive at all, we got our orders mixed, the food tasted ordinary (nothing special about it that would make me want to return), my partner had to return his plate twice because the duck was overcooked and stiff, and he finally decided not to eat anything. On top of it all, our bill was also mixed with someone else's. Overall, the place is beautiful, but the service and administration need a lot of improvement!Special Features:
- muy especialnofear23Dined on 10/29/2013Un lugar diferente. Más para celebrar o pasar una ocasion unica y especial. Volveremos así será. Fue una cena muy agradable en un ambiente realmente hermoso.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceDanielDined on 10/25/2013Great mediterranean atmosphere and great food..! Prices are quiet expensive, but overall excelente experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!SanJuanLawDined on 10/25/2013Within a small boutique hotel in the Condado area, this is a relatively new restaurant that delivers! Ideal for a 2-4 person fine dinning experience. Casual-elegant environment. They may wish to reevalute how the wine is kept. We found the two bottles of red wine requested were maintained a very low temperatures, which probably adversely affected their quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic evening!LuisVIPDined on 10/19/2013We travel to Puerto Rico often and heard about Oliva from a good friend. We decided to go for the tasting menu, so as to see what the chef had up his sleeve Well, what a wonderful surprise! Every single plate was outstanding! The wine list was also excellent, even if our first choice was not available. The staff was friendly and helpful - and we loved the opportunity to visit the Rooftop Lounge. Overall, a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Nothing far from ordinaryBriiDined on 10/19/2013I was looking forward to go to this restaurant and was a little disappointed. They had already run out of many entrees, and everything we ordered was nothing far from ordinary. Our waiter was poorly trained. The hotel and restaurant have a very nice ambiance, which is the only reason why I might be able to give it another chance, but they would have to open the rooftop bar, at least for diners. It is spectacular is only for hotel guests and members. On Saturday they let us go up as part of a "tour" and there was nobody there. It could become a nice hangout place to go to have good time with friends but I would never pay $750.00 a year to be able to go to an empty rooftop bar.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I went to Olivia Dieta MediterraneaRobertoValentinDined on 10/8/2013I went to Olivia Dieta Mediterranean with a special friend to celebrate my birthdate and experience was excellent,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 2CletoDined on 10/5/2013Quiet place, ideal for a special ocasion. Food and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review @ Oliva Dieta MediterraneaCintyaDined on 9/14/2013Awesome place and dinner. Wishing be less expensive 4 dinning there every night. :))Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint Dining Experience in CondadoRaysofSunDined on 9/6/2013Restaurant is in the Olive Boutique Hotel, tucked away off the main street in Condado. Went with my husband for our anniversary and had a great time. Food was excellent (gnocci and the filet), wine was delicious (a temparanillo), and service was superb. Noted our anniversary on reservation and staff placed a rose with scattered petals on our table, a nice touch. The ambience is unique, modern with antique touches. A great all around experience. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingTORRES33Dined on 8/24/2013The food is exquisite. The exceptional service. The restaurant is very elegant. I recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this was an amazing opportunityadventureDined on 8/17/2013this was an amazing opportunity to enjoy your s attention in a very relax siteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/16/2013Appetizers were good, main course not great, dessert not good at all.. Service was very poor and took us forever, we had to call to more tan once to get our food moving.
- Nice night outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2013Great appetizers and entrees. Since it is a small dining room it could get loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Placeluv2dineDined on 8/2/2013Very private and Romantic Place. The food was excellent too and the service was great. They have a beautiful terrace on the rooftop only for members, but you can request to have an after dinner drink up there and enjoy the beautiful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs to improveZedobVIPDined on 7/23/2013Great place. Excellent ambiance. Dinner would have been greater if service would have been similarly good. For a boutique gem one would expect the highest service quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Planning already on our next visit.JVH1Dined on 7/3/2013The service was excellent and the attention to details really made the difference. The food, wow, simply delicious. We had the Spanish Octoppus as appetizer, Duck and the Catch of the day (Cod Fish) as main entrees and the strawberry/banana/chocolate tartar.. We are already planing on our next visit. Almost forgot, ask for a trip to the rooftop, the view is simply amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was AMAZING!!!!IkeDDined on 6/29/2013Ate here my last night in Puerto Rico and it was AMAZING. My friend and I splurged on the 5 course land entree and we were blown away. I will definitely be back! I recommend the meatballs, the crabcakes, OMG The porkbelly was out of this world! I can go on and on.... Love this little gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegance at its bestLike2eatDined on 6/7/2013Great food in a very elegant and exclusive boutique hotel in the heart of Condado, San Juan PRSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for businessYungaGuruVIPDined on 5/28/2013It's a really nice place to eat for business and also with friends. Service needs to improve in order to be and a expensive restaurant and some brunch in the roof top cool be really nice. Food it's good and nice Mediterranean flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a small restaurantJorgeDined on 5/24/2013This is a small restaurant with no bar and zero ambience. The food is very good specially the Rib-eye and the Gnochi.Special Features:
- Excellent Anniversay diner!kiwiDined on 5/18/2013Great service, the table was already set with a bottle of wine, as friend's gift for our anniversary! All the food was fresh and perfectly prepared,(good recomendations from the staff). The atmosphere is impecable, the service is perfect, and the food was great!! Pd. loved the decor and environment!! ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.