11 W. Victoria St., Ste. 21
Santa Barbara, CA 93101Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oliopizzeria.com/
- Phone: (805) 899-2699 ext. 2
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch & Lunch
Daily: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Daily: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Alberto Morello
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Contact our Events Coordinator to plan your next catered event. Our pizzaioli (pizza cooks) will make Olio Pizzeria pizzas in your own outdoor wood-burning oven! Antipasti, salads, salumi, formaggi, dolci and more available as well.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining at Olio Pizzeria for up to 22 guests in the Terrazza Room and for up to 32 guests in the Taverna Room. Inquire at http://www.oliopizzeria.com/privategroup-dining/. Fine Italian private dining for up to 40 guests in the Cucina Room next door at sister restaurant Olio e Limone Ristorante.
- Private Party Contact: Events Coordinator 8058992699x3
- Cross Street: State
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Lot Parking: Santa Barbara City Parking Lot #5 (first 75 minutes free/paid for by downtown merchants, then $1.50/hr). Street Parking: After 6PM and all day Sunday, there is free street parking on Victoria Street in the green curb areas. Alternate parking available at the Granada Garage (Anacapa x E. Anapamu Streets) and Teen Center lot (Chapala x W. Victoria Streets).
A word from Olio Pizzeria
Olio Pizzeria, opened in July 2010, is a causal pizza bar/salumi bar/wine bar/full bar which was inspired by the myriad neighborhood pizzerie and enoteche (wine bars) found around the corner from just about every piazza in Italy. This idea began to take shape before Alberto and Elaine Morello even opened Olio e Limone Ristorante, their fine dining Italian restaurant next door, in 1999. Wine bars serving boutique salumi and formaggi are all the rage in Italy, as is a new regionalism which they are excited to share with you. Sicily is an emerging powerhouse, and touches of Sicilian food and wine delight their guests. You’ll also find exciting tastes from Campania and other emerging regions on their menus, wine and beer lists. Join Olio Pizzeria for private dining for up to 32, group dining, or send an inquiry regarding catering. Buon appetito!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Olio Pizzeria - Best Restaurants in Santa Barbara ›
Olio Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (44)neighborhood gem (39)hot spot (28)good for groups (24)notable wine list (23)great for lunch (20)vibrant bar scene (17)special occasion (16)romantic (12)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (6)Show More
- Outstanding Pizza but .....SEB123Dined on 11/25/2014Food was GREAT (best pizza so far in Santa Barbara) but service was mediocre but pleasant. The room is not particularly warm or attractive but the exceptional food more than made up for the spotty service and lack of ambiance. I'll be back !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedlhtexasVIPDined on 11/22/2014We ordered two different ingredient pizzas & requested thin & extra crispy crust for both. Unfortunately, both pizzas had very soggy bottom crusts making it difficult to pick up the slice to eat. Also both pizzas with different ingredients were not particularly flavorful- on bland side
- Excellent Every TimeLisaVIPDined on 11/21/2014Just when you think "where do I get the best pizza in town?" Olio Pizzeria is it. All the time. Everyday. Go there and have pie. Oh and get the butterscotch pudding for dessert. You will thank me for it. Or thank them, that's much better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and ambiancekr2014Dined on 11/8/2014Good food, reasonably priced, fun ambiance. We had a group of six - menu was perfect to share dishes at reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely DeliciousUptownGirl25Dined on 11/4/2014Our family has been coming to Olio for years, because the pizza can't be beat. It's a high-end pizza restaurant, which is not to say it's stuffy--it just has some amazing and unusual pizza combinations. Do not skip the mushroom and truffle oil pie. It is to die for. Great service, great wine selection, amazing food. Good for a family gathering or a date night. I highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014good customer service very quick to serve us and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/1/2014If you're looking for high-end pizza with plenty of choices, this is your place. Suitable for families but also a great place for adults to hang out for dinner. Interesting selection of beers.Special Features:
- YUMMY!!!BlueMoonVIPDined on 10/28/2014We LOVE LOVE LOVE Olio Pizza!! And the "reservation waiting list" through OpenTable works really well; don't hesitate to try it. Dinner was delicious, the service was stellar, and the ambience is so charming...always a wonderful evening, thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent All The Time!LisaVIPDined on 10/24/2014Still the best pie in Santa Barbara. Without a doubt, Olio Pizzaria knows what to do and how to make pie.Special Features:
- Best pizza in Santa BarbarapizzaexpertVIPDined on 10/24/2014We keep going back because it is so consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizzailikefoodDined on 10/17/2014Great thin crust pizza. Tastes like brick oven baked. Brings me back to Italy.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceSdeeDined on 10/16/2014One of the favorite spots for me and my girlfriend. We went for the first time in about 4 month and our waitress Allison remember out exact order right down to the drinks we got. All of the food was excellent and we're absolutely returning customersI would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent, as alwaysCharleneMDined on 10/10/2014We always love coming here! Calamari and Great pizza!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fig and Proscuitto Salad fantasticGeraldoVIPDined on 10/3/2014The special salad of fresh figs wrapped in proscuitto with arugala was fantastic and service and pizza were the best as usual.Special Features:
- Reservation was incorrectSBANDined on 9/27/2014I had requested 2 seats at the bar for our reservation and they were given away to another party and we were made to sit in a high traffic table where we were bumped into many times. It wasn't a great experience.Special Features:
- Great bartender, food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Our bartender Tim was awesome! Friendly attitude and attentive. Food was great. Fried artichoke hearts were good. Arugula salad fresh crisp with light dressing. And pizza with crispy crust, and flavorful salami and olives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food and Beer SelectionsbigdawgDined on 9/22/2014This place is top notch. Excellent Pizza/Wine/Beer selections. The staff knows the food and drinks very well!. Tim (bartender) is by far the best I have ever had the pleasure of serving me. He absolutely went above and beyond to make sure I was happy. A++ bro!Special Features:
- The Calamari is the best!Foodie93150VIPDined on 9/21/2014I frequent Olio Pizzaria simply for the calamari and their carcioffi salad. The butterscotch pudding is also a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/20/2014You'll love the pizza. Lots of choices and all of them well madeSpecial Features:
- Always a great pizza!jma5742VIPDined on 9/20/2014We have gone to Olio Pizzeria several times in the past but this time we sat at the bar and watched them prepare pizza and other items. It was great. The staff chatted with us and answered questions about making crepes and other desserts. We will go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not The USUAL Pizza ExperiencewhocareswhoiamVIPDined on 9/20/2014What a fantastic experience. This is NOT your typical pizza place. This is a great escape from American pizza, it is a casual Italian fest. If you like craft beers, they have many. If you like wines, there are plenty reasonable by the glass options offered. Service is delightful, Leanne thank you! We tried a few appetizers, Tuscan liver crostini with proscuitto, spicy salami spread bruschetta, fennel salami, and excellent breads - yes bread before pizza..what can I say!! The salads are excellent, enough to share. Lots of pizza options, or try to customize if you can't decide... We opted for the carbonara with cheese, guanciale and egg - loved it. We also tried the parma, incredible. Expensive compared to normal pizza. Worth it.
- AMAZING Pizza!lafoodieDined on 9/20/2014Terrific food. We loved this place and picked it because it was open for an early dinner before a concert at the Santa Barbara Bowl. Service was awesome. Everything we ordered was delicious. We would definitely go back. They have a more upscale restaurant next door which doesn't open until 5:30P. Want to try this one as well.Special Features:
- great eveninggotrixieDined on 9/19/2014my friend and i had a great evening the other night at olio pizzaria. first of all, the on line priority seating got us seated right away after i was behind someone who was given a wait of 20 min. loved that! i have to say, the food was just great as was the wine. the server was well informed about the various wine selections and that was also helpful. i like very much the variety of sizes of wine available as well. nice touch. downsides.... i love the atmosphere, but there doesn't seem to be any sound dampening in your space so it was noisy and i found i had a hard time hearing my friend. i noticed others around me shouting as well. we ordered 2 gluten free pizzas, and were charged $5 per pizza for the gluten free option. it would not sSpecial Features:
- Best pizzas in town!KatieGVIPDined on 9/15/2014Fresh ingredients, wood-fired oven... Just delicious! Staff is extremely friendly, helpful and accommodating - they made my dad a special salad without even blinking an eye!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's goodNanaVIPDined on 9/13/2014We used to go to the restaurant until one day the owner suggested we try the pizzeria, which we did. He has the gas/pizza oven and brought a young man from Naples to prepare the pizza....what can I say, last year it was the BEST pizza I've ever tasted, including the ones in Italy. The dough was superb, the tomato sauce amazing and the cheese used was to die for. The pizza was thin and evenly crispy. The artichoke salad and beet/ricotta/pistachio salads were unbelievable. We went back last week and sadly the food is still ok but nothing like before, and the Napolitan pizza guy has left. I hope they will bring it back to the way it was when they started because it was simply the best.Special Features:
- A little disappointing this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We love coming here usually. We love the nero calamari and for some reason it was just OK. It was the Pizza that was a big disappointment. One was very good and the other one was a turn off. The truffle pizza, very good. The sausage one looked strange, and tasted worst. It was if the sausage was par boiled. Now it might have been completely cooked through but it didn't look or taste like it. The sausage itself was unremarkable. The next time we're in the mood for pizza and calamari, we may have to think twice. I hope not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Every TimeLisaVIPDined on 9/10/2014The best pizza around...for sure! Get the butterscotch pudding for dessert...you will go to heaven!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Every Time!LisaVIPDined on 9/7/2014If you want pie, I mean authentic Italian pie, then go to Olio Pizzeria. It's the spot for pie. And try the artichoke salad - that will be a winner for you. Then there is that butter scotch pudding for dessert! Oh my.Special Features:
- Really great pizzaDaveSVIPDined on 9/5/2014Have eaten here 3 times, always pizza. Really well made, ranging from classic margherita to really good specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was great-seating questionabledspinerepDined on 8/31/2014Had reservations for 6 got us right in, to an empty room with two big tables and two smaller tables. Thought hey this is nice room till we noticed a small curtain behind our table. It covered a door to a single stall bathroom. The door was directly behind the end our table and there was a steady stream of people using it. You could tell the people going in where just as uncomfortable as we were. After appetizers asked waitress if we could move to the empty table away from door and she happily obliged. Beyond the funny seating initially food was great, Calamari was OUTSTANDING.Special Features:
- Olio Pizza -- that's AMORE!!BlueMoonVIPDined on 8/30/2014We LOVE this place, always recommend it and take visitors, and enjoy a just-the-2-of-us dinners as well. The delicious appetizers, pizzas, drinks, and salads never disappoint! I'd like to give a friendly shout-out to the hostess who was working the the evening of our most recent visit: she was friendly, super organized and unflappable. Holiday weekends can be so challenging, for diners and restaurant staff, and she truly had it together...thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KAS1VIPDined on 8/26/2014Best pizza in Santa Barbara. Quality service. Enjoy!
- fab food, great bartender (Tim)foodieDined on 8/17/2014we went there first time and loved the food and the bar. Second time was even better....the butterscotch pudding id to die forSpecial Features:
- My Favorite For PizzaLisaVIPDined on 8/15/2014There is no better place in Santa Barbara for pizza. And wait until you have the butterscotch pudding for dessert! Ma mia!Special Features:
- always the best pizzapizzaexpertVIPDined on 8/11/2014They are consistently good. Tastes the same each time and that's worth going back for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Perfect BlendMissADined on 8/9/2014A perfect blend of atmosphere, decor, food, activity, service and their extensive list of Italian beers. The truffle pizza was absolutely amazing with an added fennel sausage as suggested by our waiter. The proscuitto wrapped figs were so unique. The butterscotch pudding was an explosion of dynamic flavor beyond a usual dessert. I typically do not like butterscotch and was pleasantly surprised. We have eaten through out Santa Barbara since 1991 and are happy to add this to our favorite restaurant list.Special Features:
- a Santa Barbara favoriteAlwaysPlanningMyNextMealDined on 8/9/2014Alway a good time and a good meal. Pastore had guanciale, some soft mild cheese (ricotta?), scallions, and fennel pollen. Excellent! Crust on the Parma (mozzarella, proscuitto, fresh arugula) was oddly floppy compared to the others, despite no sauce. Butterscotch pudding is heaven. Our waiter brought us a little treat for a special occasion we were celebrating but had not mentioned to him or any other staff, magic! Both he and the bussers were pleasant and attentive but totally unobtrusive. Many Italian and SB County wines available by the glass fun to discover. Upstairs room is not as tightly packed or noisy as downstairs. Definitely recommending using Open Table or calling to get on the priority list.Special Features:
- Excellllllllllent!LisaVIPDined on 8/7/2014Every single time! The pizza is the best! And so is the service.Special Features:
- Amazing server2guysand1dogDined on 8/2/2014Our server was the highlight of Olivia pizzeria. This was the 2nd time she served us and was just as nice, friendly and warm as the first time her knowledge of the food and wine is what you want in a resturant like this. I am sorry is cannot remember her name but she has been there for 7 or 8 years! What a gem. The food is un believable. The piZa crust is beyond tasty. We live in LA and every time we come to SB we come here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 219 reviews are from the Olio Pizzeria reviews archive.
- Good, but saltynerdykkDined on 7/19/2014Good food, fun selection of pizza's but salty for my taste. Also, very loud inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.