11 W. Victoria St., Ste. 21
Santa Barbara, CA 93101Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oliopizzeria.com/
- Phone: 8058992699x2
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch & Lunch
Daily: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Daily: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Alberto Morello
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Contact our Events Coordinator to plan your next catered event. Our pizzaioli (pizza cooks) will make Olio Pizzeria pizzas in your own outdoor wood-burning oven! Antipasti, salads, salumi, formaggi, dolci and more available as well.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining at Olio Pizzeria for up to 22 guests in the Terrazza Room and for up to 32 guests in the Taverna Room. Inquire at http://www.oliopizzeria.com/privategroup-dining/. Fine Italian private dining for up to 40 guests in the Cucina Room next door at sister restaurant Olio e Limone Ristorante.
- Private Party Contact: Events Coordinator 8058992699x3
- Cross Street: State
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Lot Parking: Santa Barbara City Parking Lot #5 (first 75 minutes free/paid for by downtown merchants, then $1.50/hr). Street Parking: After 6PM and all day Sunday, there is free street parking on Victoria Street in the green curb areas. Alternate parking available at the Granada Garage (Anacapa x E. Anapamu Streets) and Teen Center lot (Chapala x W. Victoria Streets).
A word from Olio Pizzeria
Olio Pizzeria, opened in July 2010, is a causal pizza bar/salumi bar/wine bar/full bar which was inspired by the myriad neighborhood pizzerie and enoteche (wine bars) found around the corner from just about every piazza in Italy. This idea began to take shape before Alberto and Elaine Morello even opened Olio e Limone Ristorante, their fine dining Italian restaurant next door, in 1999. Wine bars serving boutique salumi and formaggi are all the rage in Italy, as is a new regionalism which they are excited to share with you. Sicily is an emerging powerhouse, and touches of Sicilian food and wine delight their guests. You’ll also find exciting tastes from Campania and other emerging regions on their menus, wine and beer lists. Join Olio Pizzeria for private dining for up to 32, group dining, or send an inquiry regarding catering. Buon appetito!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Olio Pizzeria - Best Restaurants in Santa Barbara ›
Olio Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (50)neighborhood gem (46)hot spot (28)good for groups (27)great for lunch (27)notable wine list (24)special occasion (20)vibrant bar scene (20)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (14)romantic (7)great for brunch (6)Show More
- Best pizzas in town!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/15/2014Fresh ingredients, wood-fired oven... Just delicious! Staff is extremely friendly, helpful and accommodating - they made my dad a special salad without even blinking an eye!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointing this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We love coming here usually. We love the nero calamari and for some reason it was just OK. It was the Pizza that was a big disappointment. One was very good and the other one was a turn off. The truffle pizza, very good. The sausage one looked strange, and tasted worst. It was if the sausage was par boiled. Now it might have been completely cooked through but it didn't look or taste like it. The sausage itself was unremarkable. The next time we're in the mood for pizza and calamari, we may have to think twice. I hope not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Every TimeLisaVIPDined on 9/10/2014The best pizza around...for sure! Get the butterscotch pudding for dessert...you will go to heaven!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Every Time!LisaVIPDined on 9/7/2014If you want pie, I mean authentic Italian pie, then go to Olio Pizzeria. It's the spot for pie. And try the artichoke salad - that will be a winner for you. Then there is that butter scotch pudding for dessert! Oh my.Special Features:
- Really great pizzaDaveSVIPDined on 9/5/2014Have eaten here 3 times, always pizza. Really well made, ranging from classic margherita to really good specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was great-seating questionabledspinerepDined on 8/31/2014Had reservations for 6 got us right in, to an empty room with two big tables and two smaller tables. Thought hey this is nice room till we noticed a small curtain behind our table. It covered a door to a single stall bathroom. The door was directly behind the end our table and there was a steady stream of people using it. You could tell the people going in where just as uncomfortable as we were. After appetizers asked waitress if we could move to the empty table away from door and she happily obliged. Beyond the funny seating initially food was great, Calamari was OUTSTANDING.Special Features:
- Olio Pizza -- that's AMORE!!BlueMoonVIPDined on 8/30/2014We LOVE this place, always recommend it and take visitors, and enjoy a just-the-2-of-us dinners as well. The delicious appetizers, pizzas, drinks, and salads never disappoint! I'd like to give a friendly shout-out to the hostess who was working the the evening of our most recent visit: she was friendly, super organized and unflappable. Holiday weekends can be so challenging, for diners and restaurant staff, and she truly had it together...thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KAS1VIPDined on 8/26/2014Best pizza in Santa Barbara. Quality service. Enjoy!
- fab food, great bartender (Tim)foodieDined on 8/17/2014we went there first time and loved the food and the bar. Second time was even better....the butterscotch pudding id to die forSpecial Features:
- My Favorite For PizzaLisaVIPDined on 8/15/2014There is no better place in Santa Barbara for pizza. And wait until you have the butterscotch pudding for dessert! Ma mia!Special Features:
- always the best pizzapizzaexpertVIPDined on 8/11/2014They are consistently good. Tastes the same each time and that's worth going back for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Perfect BlendMissADined on 8/9/2014A perfect blend of atmosphere, decor, food, activity, service and their extensive list of Italian beers. The truffle pizza was absolutely amazing with an added fennel sausage as suggested by our waiter. The proscuitto wrapped figs were so unique. The butterscotch pudding was an explosion of dynamic flavor beyond a usual dessert. I typically do not like butterscotch and was pleasantly surprised. We have eaten through out Santa Barbara since 1991 and are happy to add this to our favorite restaurant list.Special Features:
- a Santa Barbara favoriteAlwaysPlanningMyNextMealDined on 8/9/2014Alway a good time and a good meal. Pastore had guanciale, some soft mild cheese (ricotta?), scallions, and fennel pollen. Excellent! Crust on the Parma (mozzarella, proscuitto, fresh arugula) was oddly floppy compared to the others, despite no sauce. Butterscotch pudding is heaven. Our waiter brought us a little treat for a special occasion we were celebrating but had not mentioned to him or any other staff, magic! Both he and the bussers were pleasant and attentive but totally unobtrusive. Many Italian and SB County wines available by the glass fun to discover. Upstairs room is not as tightly packed or noisy as downstairs. Definitely recommending using Open Table or calling to get on the priority list.Special Features:
- Excellllllllllent!LisaVIPDined on 8/7/2014Every single time! The pizza is the best! And so is the service.Special Features:
- Amazing server2guysand1dogDined on 8/2/2014Our server was the highlight of Olivia pizzeria. This was the 2nd time she served us and was just as nice, friendly and warm as the first time her knowledge of the food and wine is what you want in a resturant like this. I am sorry is cannot remember her name but she has been there for 7 or 8 years! What a gem. The food is un believable. The piZa crust is beyond tasty. We live in LA and every time we come to SB we come here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but saltynerdykkDined on 7/19/2014Good food, fun selection of pizza's but salty for my taste. Also, very loud inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialtrynewthingsVIPDined on 7/18/2014After reading all the hype about this restaurant, I was excited to go. The pizzas are extremely overpriced and are nothing out of the ordinary. I was very disappointed. I would never go there again.
- Never disappointsfrommypovDined on 7/5/2014Exactly what you hope for if looking for typically Italian style pizza and lighter fare, in a comfortably casual environment. The meat and cheeses selections were delicious and perfectly paired as recommended, the wine was a perfect accompaniment and overall dining experience was just what we desired for a late Saturday evening meal. I have been here a number of times, just with my wife and I and with various assortment of my kids (ages 15 - 23) and we all love this place.Special Features:
- yummy pizzaseatupDined on 7/5/2014Pizzas are outstanding. Service was slow but good. We asked for bread 3 times but bread is on the menu and you pay for your basket. We were willing to pay. But never got a basket! Going back for more pizza.Special Features:
- Food worth the price, not the winePeteMVIPDined on 7/3/2014This pizza was sooooo good and so fresh. I cringed at the $18-19 price for a generous size 1-serving thin crust pizza, but it was so worth it. Only negative was the $10-18 bottles of beer and glasses of wine. I just wanted a regular beer with my pizza - Olio should save those prices for the fancier Olio and Limone restaurant next door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Every TimeLisaVIPDined on 7/1/2014Olio Pizzeria is one of THE best places in town for Italian. The care, precision and attention to detail with this food is highly notable - they only use the finest ingredients...with everything that is put on your plate. Go there. Don't wait. It's excellent!Special Features:
- A favoritemenlDined on 7/1/2014Great pizza, salads and appreciated the server's suggestion. Unique and tasty starter.Special Features:
- Amazing!FitFoodieDined on 6/26/2014Olio Pizzeria is one of the best i have ever been to. I cannot speak highly enough of the incredible service, ambience, and food! Everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this pizzeriaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014I'm not usually into going to a pizza restaurant for dinner, but Olio Pizzeria is a must go to restaurant. Try the calamari Nero!! The basil shrimp pizza is another big winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If You Want The Best Pie In Town!LisaVIPDined on 6/20/2014Love Olio Pizzeria...for everything! The best pie in town and all the other goodies you can get, like the most amazing artichoke salad.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/20/2014We love this restaurant and visit every time we come to Santa Barbara.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Again and AgainbarancDined on 6/16/2014We are repeat diners, and always will be! The food is consistently good, and you always feel welcome when you arrive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Good, We Went Two Days In A RowCJinSDDined on 6/14/2014The place was packed with people enjoying their evening. That was the first good sign. And, the aroma alone could draw you inside. We were greeted by a very friendly host and seated at the bar in front of the guys making pizzas and meat/cheese plates. This is one of the best spots to sit. Watching them work is optional, but fun to see someone so good at what they do. We had the seasonal Pizza Special, which was loaded with figs. It was so Amazing that we came back the next day and had it for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie-ville with great service!SBFoodieDined on 6/14/2014Olio Pizzeria does not disappoint! Our waiter was amazing... he recommended the squid ink calamari & it was the best we've EVER had! We also had an artichoke, arugula & shaved parmesan salad that was brilliant, recommended again by our waiter. The pizzas were also fantastic. We can't wait to return & try more off the menu.Special Features:
- greatmcatVIPDined on 6/6/2014Great pizza - great desserts - love the vibe! I will definitely return here with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Of The Best is HereLisaVIPDined on 6/5/2014This place is a master level food experience. Why? Because it IS the best pie! And salads. And everything. And don't miss the butter scotch pudding....you will die from the perfection of it!Special Features:
- Italian comfort foodEatieVIPDined on 5/31/2014Never had a bad meal here. Love the truffle pizza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good find!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/31/2014Excellent pizza and salads! Nice ambiance, great service. Professionally run, with several very attentive waiters. Reasonably priced. We will return!Special Features:
- Authentic Italian foodSrphDined on 5/30/2014Great pizza's, super fresh cheeses and a selection of meats and bread, served quickly and with a smile. Best Italian in SB !Special Features:
- Great Pizzeria1meateaterVIPDined on 5/27/2014We enjoy all of Oilo's restaurants, and this is no exception. Great pizza. The calamari is incredible. Attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Theater dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/23/2014We have eaten here often and used Open Table for the first time to assure a table when we needed it. It worked fine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotSmokeyJackbillyBobbyMoDined on 5/22/2014Love this place so much & the wine selection is perfect for the caliber of food they serve.Special Features:
- Hit the spot!WineandfoodforfunDined on 5/22/2014If you're in the mood for pizza with a little extra flair and options, this is a great place. Good food, great location and excellent service.
- The following 196 reviews are from the Olio Pizzeria reviews archive.
- pizzacamfam5Dined on 5/13/2014Delicious appetizer. Grilled eggplant, peppers and goat cheese crostino. Pizza special with sausage and ricotta cheese combo was a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Olio Pizza never disappoints!BlueMoonVIPDined on 5/6/2014One of my favorite go-to places in Santa Barbara. Always a fantastic meal, terrific service and everyone enjoys themselves. Thank you, Olio Pizza People!!Special Features: