Olio e Limone Ristorante
11 W Victoria St, Ste 17
Santa Barbara, CA 93101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Olio e Limone Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.olioelimone.com/
- Phone: (805) 899-2699 ext. 1
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Alberto Morello
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Whether you are planning a wedding, birthday or holiday event, or perhaps a family, social, business or philanthropic gathering, our experienced kitchen and wait staff will help make your special event memorable.
We custom-create catering menus for each of our guest's events to accommodate various needs, tastes, and budgets. Contact Olio e Limone Ristorante Events Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (805) 899-2699, Option 3.
- Private Party Facilities: Olio e Limone Ristorante provides exclusive authentic Italian Private Dining in the Cucina Room for up to 40 guests. Casual Italian private dining available next door at Olio Pizzeria (Terrazza Room and Taverna Room) for up to 32 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Events Coordinator 8058992699x3
- Special Events: Christmas Eve, 12/24/12: Regular hours / regular menu.
Christmas Day, 12/25/12: Closed
New Years Eve, 12/31/12: Join Olio e Limone for their our annual Cenone di Cappo d'Anno (New Year's Eve Feast). PRIX FIXE MENU ONLY during dinner hours ($75 per person, food menu only).
Valentine's Day, 02/14/13: Festa di San Valentino (Valentine's Day Feast) PRIX FIXE MENU ONLY during dinner hours.
A word from Olio e Limone Ristorante
Olio e Limone Ristorante, located in downtown Santa Barbara's historic arts district, serves artisanal Zagat-rated Italian cuisine. Meaning “oil and lemon” in Italian, their restaurant’s name reflects husband-wife team Alberto and Elaine Morello’s philosophy: rely on the integrity of the ingredients and quality of the preparation to provide Santa Barbara diners “simply sophisticated” Italian cuisine served in an inviting atmosphere with European hospitality. Start with burrata salad or white Mediterranean anchovies, then tuck into a plate of house-made ravioli filled with roasted eggplant and goat cheese, topped with a fresh tomato and basil sauce and shaved ricotta salata. And be sure to take home a bottle of their own olio, an organic extra-virgin olive oil made from Sicilian olive varieties. Private dining in the Cucina Room for up to 40 guests. Bonus: their pizza bar, salumi bar, wine bar and full bar next door at Olio Pizzeria, with private dining for up to 32 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Olio e Limone Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Santa Barbara ›
Olio e Limone Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (99)special occasion (86)romantic (66)notable wine list (55)neighborhood gem (42)great for lunch (27)good for groups (20)hot spot (9)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2014While the service, drinks, and atmosphere were good, the food was not. It was very bland and we found ourselves adding much needed salt & pepper to our pasta & meat dishes.Special Features:
- Something was offOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/17/2014This is my favorite restaurant in Santa Barbara and is the place we usually go to for special occaisions. I suspect, though, that the owners are not there on Monday's as their standard's are impeccable and our recent dining experience was diminished by a wholly disinterested wait staff. The waiter's demeanor fell somewhere between disinterested and grumpy. The maitre d' spent the entire time we were there talking to a group of three dinners and appeared, well, unenthused about his job I guess. Beautiful room. Delicious dinner. Some sort of strange pall in the air.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014Good food, good wine list and good service. Tends to be a little noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food but a little crowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014This place was great, the food is awesome but a little pricey. The restaurant itself is a bit small as a result tables are very close together, unfortunately we were seated in between to large parties so it was difficult to have a conversation with my date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BruinGirlDined on 11/14/2014Great spot for both locals & out-of-towners! Ask for the pumpkin raviollis, you won't be disapointed~Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic ItalianBigBzyVIPDined on 11/13/2014To complete our diverse dining experiences in Santa Barbara, we made our way to Olio e Limone for lunch. The menu was classic multi-course Italian and we had excellent service from an obviously Italian host/server. We stuck with salads and pasta to keep it to a lunch sized meal, but couldn't resist sharing desert as well. The secundi main courses also sounded wonderful and I'm sure dinner would be outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a DisappointmentAlexfosbVIPDined on 11/10/2014This is probably our 50th visit to this restaurant since moving to Santa Barbara. My wife's Special of the evening was a pistachio crusted salmon and one of the best she has ever had, I had one of my favorites seafood spaghetti - a regular item on the menu. Just back from several weeks in Italy we felt we were back there. Pasta served very hot and perfectly 'el dante' Even though the restaurant was busy with a big concert next door at the Granada at 8, they managed to provide good and efficient service. Reasonably priced for the quality of the food - always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nonameVIPDined on 11/10/2014The carpaccio was excellent. The cheese on the special beet appetizer overwhelmed the prosciutto. The mushroom risotto was very good but could have been hotter. The gnocchi was uninspired, overcooked and lacked any flavor. The chocolate cannoli was fine. Couldn't eat the pear tart as it was drenched in an overly sweet sauce and the crust was tough, so sent it back. The olive oil and bread were very good. Clearly a mix bag and obviously disappointed.
- great dining in SBLenaKDined on 11/8/2014our waiter was spot on with his suggestions- he persuaded my husband to order the osso bucco and wow we were so glad he did- this is something that's on the menu on a regular basis. the veal was oh so tender just melted off the bone. my daughter's seafood pasta was spectacular. i also enjoyed my spinach and ricotta ravioli - but the highlight was when our waiter was super accommodating and grabbed a butterscotch pudding from their pizzeria for my daughter. hands down excellent service with an italian accent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply delicious!SUSANDined on 11/8/2014My husband and I Lunched there on Saturday. The service was outstanding,with water and bread served quickly . We shared the salmon appetizer with fennel and capers, it was excellent. My selection of the half moon lobster ravioli was like nothing I sampled before. The ravioli were very delicate and light, with a sauce that was amazing. My husband enjoyed his heartier pasta dish and was very satisfied.Special Features:
- Shing StarItalianMamaDined on 11/1/2014With all of the restaurants in SB, this one of the top. Great food, service...a special place!Special Features:
- Dinner at OliosbdiningDined on 10/25/2014Great Food, lovely interior, low noise level, encyclopedic wine list and attentive service. What more could you ask?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ah, Fantastic!debbayDined on 10/24/2014Everything about this place was amazing. The food was excellent. The menu had a great variety to pick from. Our waiter was wonderful. Will return there in a heart-beat... maybe even return to Santa Barbara just to eat there!! Loved everything about it.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantSkipDined on 10/24/2014One of our favorite Santa Barbara restaurants. Somewhat pricey but occasionally worth treating yourself.Special Features:
- Delcious and EnjoyableCheshireTrainDined on 10/18/2014With friends in town, Olio e Limone delivered on a delicious meal and great conversation; thank you!Special Features:
- Hidden GemChrisDined on 10/7/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in SB. Great for dates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedLoveItalianfoodDined on 10/6/2014We ordered the pasta special For $ 33 you get a small plate of not bad but not great pasta dish. My husband would need another meal to fill up.
- SherbearSherbearVIPDined on 10/4/2014This is an amazing resturant and the food is always delicious. Special are always a new twist and they have a great wine list and cocktail menuSpecial Features:
- SeatingHungryDined on 10/4/2014We had to wait to be seated. The host was not at the front to greet us and when we finally saw him he was "wandering" around the Resturant talikng to guest. Once we were seated we noticed that this continued. One couple actually told a bus boy that they were seating themselves. Not a good thing for such a grt Resturant.Special Features:
- Wonderful authentic ItalianFoodIsGoodDined on 10/3/2014Olio is probably my favorite Italian restaurant in town. The place itself is lovely and the ambiance is perfect for a romantic date or fancy celebration. The wine list is extensive and they can provide some excellent recommendations, but don't ignore the delicious cocktail list. Everything I've had on the menu has been phenomenal and I recommend this place to everyone I can.Special Features:
- food was good but seemed overatedSanDiegoDriverDined on 9/29/2014Pasta was good but nothing fantastic or unusual. Service was slow especially since there were only 3 parties in the whole restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerTraveller01Dined on 9/28/2014Very classy Italian restaurant. Refined salads. The spaghetti seafood a highlight.Special Features:
- Excellent!Baw0929VIPDined on 9/28/2014We were here for the first time in 2006. My now-husband and I were dating and on our first trip to SB together. While I certainly don't recall what we ordered I clearly remember that we thoroughly enjoyed our evening at Olio e Limone. Now, 8 years later we returned to SB, and we were determined to find that "charming little restaurant", but had absolutely no idea the name, location or even if the place was still in business after so many years. But, after driving down one street and another, making several u-turns and using reviews from Yelp, we finally found it! My husband ordered Chicken Parmigiana and I requested the Pasta Carbonara- both were excellent! Great service and lovely ambiance. Definitely worth all the trouble for us to find!Special Features:
- EaterVIPDined on 9/27/2014Restaurant has become too crowded with tables scrunched in. Food and service has also suffered. Only having one restroom is unacceptible.
- Disappointed to put it mildlyLPIVDined on 9/27/2014This was not our 1st experience dining at this restaurant. We chose it for a triple birthday celebration because of our past experiences. This time while the food was excellent, the service was inexcusably BAD. From the time we were seated until our meal was served = 55 minutes. NOT ONCE did our waiter come by to ask if we needed anything else, or even if we would like another bottle of wine (which we would have ordered). The busboys (helpers) were attentive, filling water glasses etc. After we finished our meal & our table was cleared, we waited another 20 minutes for the waiter to appear -my husband finally had to ask a busboy to find our waiter so we could pay our check. Summary: food= excellent. Service= TERRIBLE. We will not returnSpecial Features:
- Northern Italy in Santa BarbaraSantaBarbaraRussDined on 9/26/2014Immediately before dinner we were reviewing photos of a past trip to Italy, especially the great food. Appetites whetted, we had them more than satiated at dinner. The pasta was fresh and delicious, service was outstanding and every taste was a great experience. Only drawback is the noise level of the restaurant and the closeness of the tables (an issue with a number of restaurants these days). All things considered, a fabulous night outSpecial Features:
- Great ItalianTweetypDined on 9/19/2014The food was fantastic. Serving size on smaller side but food was very rich so was perfect. Small restraurant with tables packed in but surprisingly quieter than I thought would be. Would go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Service and AmbienceHarrisManDined on 9/17/2014My wife and I took our daughter to Olio e Limone for dinner on my daughter's 21st birthday, and we could not have made a better choice. The food was outstanding, the service superb and the general ambience / experience was everything we hoped for. The wine list is extensive and generally rather expensive, but there are several reasonably priced wines included which in some restaurants is not the case, and I commend the management for this. I recommend Olio e Limone very highly and hope to visit again the next time I am in Santa Barbara,Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2014Unfortunately our experience was disappointing. The food ranged from good to very good. The carpaccio, quail Ragu and crime brûlée were very good. The ambiance was fine tho hardly inspiring. However, our waiter essentially disappeared after we ordered our food, which made it impossible to order a second glass of wine to go with my entree. Food arrived in good time, but waiter never checked on either course. Finally flagged him down as he took order nearby and got my wine halfway thru my entree. Not terrible service, but coupled with the less-than-stunning food, not what I would expect in such a highly rated place. Perhaps my expectations were too high as our two previous dinners had been so wonderful in food and service.
- Special EveningCristianaDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed a lovely anniversary evening at Olio e Limone while visiting Santa Barbara this weekend. From start to finish we were very impressed. The host found us a quiet spot in the back room and checked on us during our meal. Our server was very knowledgeable, and suggested an excellent bottle of wine to accompany our outstanding dishes. Start to finish I would highly recommend Olio for the high quality Italian fare (insalata tricolore, pappardelle al Sugo di Quaglie e Funghi, spaghetti allo Scoglio, panna cotta with fresh berries) and extensive wine list. Molto bene!Special Features:
- MHOCDined on 9/13/2014I enjoyed the restaurant very much. My meal wasn't very good, but my 2 dinner guests have the rib-eye and said it was wonderful. The atmosphere was very nice. Our waiter was not very attentive - little off standish. The rest of the staff was great. Would most definitely return to eat here again despite having a bad experience with my meal choice.Special Features:
- Superb supperCC64VIPDined on 9/11/2014Quiet, white tablecloth, abundant staff--all the trappings of a stuffy restaurant taking itself too seriously, but not here. Service was outstanding--attentive and able to effectively describe each dish of interest to us. We had one dish on the regular menu (veal scalloping) and one daily special (fresh salmon), both were delicious (dessert also a treat--coffee tiramisu that disappeared quickly).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningMEBSBDined on 9/8/2014We celebrated our anniversary and enjoyed everything about the evening. Food and drink were stellar! Service was friendly. We even got a special treat for our celebration. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014Loved it!!! Thank you for the great experience!!! Alberto is fantastic!Special Features:
- Authentic Italian CuisineKateDined on 9/1/2014We spent a charming evening at Olio e Limone, where the service was attentive, the dining experience unpretentious, and the food unbelievably delicious! The risotto was one of the best we have ever had in the US, and the carpaccio and salads were perfect. Don't miss dessert, either ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumYumVIPDined on 8/31/2014Food is lovely and prepared beautifully. One dish was not our best so gave it 4 stars. Had we picked differently would probably give 5Special Features:
- yummy!caribirdDined on 8/31/2014This restaurant came highly recommended from our travel agent & we tried it for our anniversary weekend. The appetizer with the seafood medley was out of this world! The entrees were very good but not excellent. Our waitress was far and above special. We had asked what the broth was from the appetizer and she forgot to tell us but then called us on our way back to the hotel. That was quite unique that she went that extra mile for us. She also gave us a lovely anniversary dessert even though we didn't order any.Special Features:
- a mixed reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014we went here to celebrate an anniversary. the restaurant is crowded with tables very close to one another and once full, it was noisy. the food was quite good but equaled by many other local restaurants, wine list is extensive, service was good... the prices were a little higher than was justified though. I saw that the wine we purchased, for example, was 50% more than the same bottle at another local restaurant. for two entrees (both beef), two of their lowest priced salads, one of their lower cost bottles of wine, a shared dessert, plus tip we went over $200. Obviously, had we just purchased two glasses of wine and gone with less expensive entrees, we would have had a lower bill but...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Very good food - but the ambiance was a bit sterile, oddly do for an Italian restaurant. We enjoyed our experience overall but would love to see the space warmed up and a bit more engaging!
- Excellent Santa Barbara RestaurantsRivkaDined on 8/29/2014We have eaten in both the restaurant for dinner and their pizzeria for lunch. Both are delicious and never disappoint! We always dine in both of their places every time we visit Santa Barbara. I would definitely put it on top of your Santa Barbara dining out list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.