42 SE 2nd Ave.
Delray Beach, FL 33444Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.oliobistro.com/
- Phone: 5612786633
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: DJ on Friday and Saturday Nights.
A word from Olio
Tucked away downtown Delray Beach Florida, Olio specializes in fresh, Mediterranean-inspired cuisine. The restaurant is housed in a beautifully renovated “old” Delray building, with outdoor diningContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Olio reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)romantic (9)special occasion (9)notable wine list (8)fit for foodies (6)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)good for groups (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Very nice place off the AvenueDelrayDivaVIPDined on 8/23/2014If you are looking for aplace to dine that is quieter than Atlantic Avenue, you can't go wrong with Olio! We get tired of the hustle and bustle and really enjoy the quiet of being a couple of blocks away. And it's close enough so that after a nice dinner we can join the hubbub again! The food is always very good - we have been coming here for years - it's somewhere we can count on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, but nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/8/2014Nothing terribly wrong, but nothing stood out either. Ribs were tender, service was OK, but at times server went missing. Desserts were a disappointment.
- Finally!JudyPVIPDined on 7/19/2014Have known of this place for about 2 years. Finally went last week. LOVED IT! Food was outstanding! Service was excellent! We had steamed pork dumplings to start, perfection, cheese ravioli, perfection, chicken paillard, perfection! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb as alwaysEatingdpandagVIPDined on 6/27/2014Rico is a great waiter, the food is always wonderful--I am addicted to the ribs. Great wine choices. I try to go once a week, and look forward to going all week!Special Features:
- FishfaceDined on 6/26/2014Unfortunately, there was a large birthday party going on the night we went for dinner. Very Noisy! The onion soup was one of the best I've had, however, I could taste the gas fumes on the lamb. I'll give them another chance as the soup was sooooo good.
- No one was home...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/17/2014Although our reservation was accepted on Open Table, Olio was locked up tight when we arrived. Closed on a Tuesday evening? So sad...hope it was a one time thing because we love Olio.Special Features:
- Wonderful MealDelrayDivaVIPDined on 6/13/2014We decided to go Italian, and the ravioli and spaghetti and meatballs were terrific. There are not that many really good Italian restaurants in Delray, and so we are pleased to have found another place we can get good pasta.
- Consistently awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2014I've been going to this restaurant for awhile now. I found it on the way to Racks on the Ave by chance. I never did get to Racks that evening or any time since. Best mussels and fantastic escargot, always. not to be missed. Ask for Rico, this dude ran down the flipping street to bring its back credit card that was left at restaurant. He always remember s or names. All staff is friendly and service is never lacking. Try it out you still be glad you did. Not cheap but you pay for quality and service. A true Gem in Delray Happy customer, NatashaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite restaurantEatingdpandagVIPDined on 5/29/2014Third time we have been and love it as a place to come on a regular basis. Great food, love the ribs, nice wine list, and love our server, Ricco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Secret Delray gemTaliwritesDined on 5/24/2014Literally the best food in Delray. Classy, great presentation, excellent food, pacing was perfect...one of the best meals I've had---and my mother, the most critical person on Earth---agrees. She absolutely loved dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good - never failsDelrayDivaVIPDined on 5/10/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants. If you like duck, I heartily recommend it. It is really crispy (everyone says their chicken is crispy, but this really is!) and there is very little fat. The wedge salad is especially good, too.Special Features:
- The following 320 reviews are from the Olio reviews archive.
- Excellent diningEatingdpandagVIPDined on 4/26/2014First time and it was great. Rico, our server, was fantastic. Great wine choices and we loved the food. My only complaint, as it is with all the restaurants in the area, is the noise level. Didn't that used to be de rigeur in the 90's? The owner and friends sat talking loudly at the bar, and while the restaurant was barely filled, the noise level was pretty bad. It would be great to have a wonderful dining experience without having to shout at your companion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to spend an eveningJefeDined on 4/19/2014Food was excellent. Fun atmosphere with great service. Definitely recommend for a fun night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful meal!aleaseDined on 4/4/2014We sat outside. Beautiful night, great food and great service as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sea Bass was toughnancyDined on 3/27/2014Sorry to say neither my husband or I found the food to be anything special. The sea bass was chewy and we won't return.
- Good Not GreatChuckDined on 3/15/2014Had the Papadelle Bolognese. I have had it several times before here and it was great. Last night it was more like a pink cream sauce rather than a true Bolognese and it had way too many mushrooms. Not sure why mushrooms are in a Bolognese but I'm not the chef. Never heard of mushrooms in a Bolognese. The steamed dumpling appetizer was excellent. Guests had scallops which were good and Chicken Paillard which was average.
- Very GoodRiffyDined on 3/15/2014We ordered 5 apps that were very good, The Caesar Salad was great. we spilt an order of pasta and meatballs. The pasta was fantastic and the marinara was very good. We didn't care for the meatball but everything else was great. Our server was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service (Dan) FunOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014Outstanding service (Dan) Fun atmosphere excellent food fun place to beSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown Delray BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/1/2014A little off the beaten path and craziness of Atlantic Avenue Olio is a great option. Interior very pretty with a small sidewalk outdoor option. Food was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noise ruined eating experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2014Six of us went to Olio on Saturday night. First mistake, which I should know better, was to go on a Saturday night during the height of the season. It was one of the few places in Delray Beach that had a table for 6 on the morning of our reservation. We arrived at 8, the time of our reservation and we're sitted quite soon after arrival. My husband came in after we were seated and after he found a parking space. He sat down for 3 minutes and then said he couldn't stand the noise level and he got up to leave. Because of the noise, he couldn't hear anyone speaking at our table. Terrible evening!xxr
- Other places aboundqueenVIPDined on 2/22/2014We have been here before, and ate in the wine cellar, which we requested this time. Were not told it was closed, and were seated by the bar, where a large noisy group literally stood right by our table with their butts in our plates. Ignored by manager who was, eating with friends, and or family at the table that this loud group was waiting for, when we complained, he finally came over and suggested moving the table over, which only spread the bar group out further, her argued with us, but did give us dessert and coffee, we really just wanted to leave, I was hoarse all night from trying to speak to my friends. There are so many other wonderful restaurants around the area, that it isn't necessary to go back there again.
- Fine, until the enduninspiredDined on 2/19/2014We dined at Olio last night. I ordered the salmon, which was delicious, dolphin, not so. Otherwise, all was fine until the check arrived and I noticed that the wedge salad we had ordered was $13 on the menu ($10 on the web site) and $15 on our final bill. When we brought this to their attention they were not at all nice. They did correct it but upon our departure they ignored us and did not even say good evening. Place was not crowded at all so one cannot blame crowded conditions for their rudeness. It spoiled what could have been a nice dining experience. I would not recommend. We have eaten on Atlantic ave in Delray Beach nearly every night for two weeks now and have not had this experience anywhere else. They were not gracious here.
- A nice placeEvaengVIPDined on 2/15/2014It was our first time at Olio and we were pleasantly surprised. The food was very good, wine list adequate. It is not a large restaurant, so table are quite close to each other and one can't help to listen to other's conversations. Next time we'll request an outside table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful nightCJ13Dined on 2/14/2014valentines dinner here......very good food and excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We really like this restaurantDelrayDivaVIPDined on 2/14/2014but not so much on Valentine's Day. It was packed. The tables were so close together we couldn't talk for the noise of others around us. The service was the worst we have ever had there. We had to ask for everything - water, bread, etc - no one checked on us during the meal. Suggest avoid this restaurant on a special day.Special Features:
- Lovely quaint place with warmLaurieDined on 2/14/2014Lovely quaint place with warm brick walls a little off the beaten path. Service was impeccable. There were four of us dining and we all enjoyed our food and drinks. I ate my first hibiscus flower from my cocktail! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Date Place A SuccessOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2014To my valentine to Olio a night early to avoid the crowds. The food was excellent, the service was just as excellent. These guys are really hitting it out of the park. I'm going back there again and I've already begun sharing with other the great experience.Special Features:
- A Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/13/2014Small place, one block off of the hectic Atlantic Avenue scene. One of everything on the menu - duck, fish, lamb, etc., and nice combination of Mediterranean, Italian, and Asian influences. The duck was excellent and the fresh snapper dish outstanding. Excellent escargot. Very extensive and interesting wine list. The high brick walls make the place loud even when half full, but it was nowhere near as noisy and rushed as the popular places on Atlantic Avenue. Nice to be out of the bustle, then take a stroll on the avenue after dinner. One caution - parking can be iffy (as it is in general in Delray during the season). Best to park wherever you can and either walk or take one of the jitneys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- olios by sbfoodmavenDined on 2/8/2014we enjoyed our dinner very much however there was no valet parking an the parking situation was very bad It took us more t han 40 minutes to find a parking spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wrong restaurantDelraydinerVIPDined on 2/7/2014I thought I had made a reservation at a tried and true restaurant we frequent often in another town. I thought they had opened one in Delray. What a surprise when we sat down and we saw the menu. We lucked out. It turned out to be a good thing. The menu was Italian and we love Italian. Everyone was thrilled with their food and we had a super waiter! We sat outside which was lovely and quiet. The inside was very loud so that is something to consider. Ask for outside dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall okAliceDined on 2/7/2014Friday evening crowd. Ridiculously noisy inside. Sat outside where server all but forgot about us initially. Then he redeemed himself with very attentive service. Food and especially bread good. Off beaten path of busy atlantic avenue.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy to staymonitorVIPDined on 1/31/2014This restaurant was just about the only place in downtown Delray that had tables that evening and the crowd was thin for good reason. The noise bouncing off the exposed brick walls caused by the small crowd and the close placement of the tables did not foreshadow a good dining experience so we departed and found dinner in the next town.
- The construction in this restaurantllbaltoVIPDined on 1/30/2014The construction in this restaurant has taken away the wonderful, intimate wine room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findrichVIPDined on 1/25/2014Everything was great. We even heard from the table next to us, how they enjoyed the food. The only problem is limited street parking and valet is only down the corner at Atlantic ave at a cost of $10.Special Features:
- All goodchipDined on 1/25/2014Good food, good room, nice, attentive staff - - all good.
- Great food & the best of service!RodDDined on 1/4/2014We visit Olio about every month and are never disappointed. Leonard has put together an excellent menu with outstanding preparation and presentation. His steamed dumplings are the best ever!! We always ask for Rick and he always accommodates us. His drink and wine recommendations are always "spot-on".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun atmosphereBobHDined on 1/4/2014A full block south from bustling Atlantic Ave this spot might be missed by some, but it shouldn't be. Staff was friendly and made the night fun. Brick lined walls made for a warm upper class atmosphere. Enjoyed the night so much traveled to the sister property, Boheme Bistro for brunch the next Sunday. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelming & OverpricedRavenousDined on 12/31/2013It's important to note that my Olio experience was on New Year's Eve. The place was packed and there was a limited menu. The staff was very friendly and attentive but they were overwhelmed by the number of diners and so everything took longer than one would expect. The caesar salad seemed right out of a bag. The jumbo crab cocktail was just pieces of crab with sauce on the side. I had the blackened dolphin that wasn't bad but so spicy it overpowered the flavor of the fresh fish. My date had the curry shrimp which was very good. We shared a piece of chocolate cake which was very good but too cold. Overall the food is overpriced and underwhelming. Maybe I ordered the wrong things or it would be a better experience if it wasn't a holiday.
- Great ambience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2013We were there for New Year's Eve and the restaurant was booming! We did see a table or 2 get up and walk out because it was so busy. It was apparent the manager didn't have enough wait staff on hand. We didn't have a server ourselves and ended up getting the bartender to take care of us. It worked out... Food was good, my filet came out a little under cooked temperature wise but all in all, a nice meal. The seating is close and I didn't get the impression that they were really into their wines like I thought they would be. Good find for romance and a nice dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service-good foodFoodieVIPDined on 12/31/2013The restaurant is very noisy, but the interior is attractive. The waitstaff were nice but completely disorganized with uneven service throughout the meal. Several of the wines listed on the special NYE menu were not available. Overall, I cannot recommend Olio. There are better options in Delray Beach.