O'Learys Seafood Restaurant
310 Third Street
Annapolis, MD 21403Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
O'Learys Seafood Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.olearysseafood.com/
- Phone: 4102630884x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Gary McGinley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Buyouts available by request. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Wil Peterson 4102630885x
A word from O'Learys Seafood Restaurant
Located in the historic Eastport section of Annapolis, O’Learys Seafood Restaurant offers seafood cuisine that is strictly nouveau/fresh, along with “the best small wine list in Annapolis"!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
O'Learys Seafood Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
O'Learys Seafood Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
180 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (108)fit for foodies (104)neighborhood gem (83)romantic (79)notable wine list (38)scenic view (12)good for groups (10)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- finally - a return to high quality!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014After years of mediocrity and unjustified high prices, O'Learys had returned to the top of the Annapolis dining scene. We are SO happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- miniscule mealsfpicardDined on 9/11/2014menu special was 1 1/2 lobster said waiter when served to me obviously much smaller and lobster claws miniscule, when I mentioned I was from NE and never saw such small claws (1") on a lobster he just shrugged, very disappointed with meal feel it was misrepresented in size altho cooked adequately but price was outrageous for the portionSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/8/2014Our waitress was very good even accommodated one of our guest who does not eat seafood. Would highly recommend your restaurant to our friends and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Sunday Night Find!murphysworldDined on 9/7/2014Place was empty on a recent Sunday but the staff gave us a good meal/service. I love eating in a booth and the ones here are huge and very comfy. I soft she'll special although tasty had way too much breading. Far from what a seafood rest in my should provide. The rest of the meal was very good. 3 specially the berry shortcake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerbbfoodieDined on 9/4/2014My husband & I entertained friends from out of town & decided that although there was no water views we would go to O'Leary's. We all had the specials and they were amazing. Let me also mention, if u want desert try the lemon berry cake it was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DiningDMH43Dined on 9/2/2014This remains our favorite restaurant in Annapolis where the food is excellent, service is quiet and unobtrusive, and the ambiance is always relaxing.Special Features:
- Annapolis dinnerDuluthMikeDined on 8/30/2014Thanks to Open Table we secured a 730pm reservation at this busy neighborhood restaurant. Small and intimate with great service and wonderful food. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingMSBowlVIPDined on 8/30/2014Thirteen years ago when we moved to Annapolis, we were given a gift certificate to O'Leary's by our Realtor. With few exceptions, we have celebrated my husbands birthday dinner every year since. As always, the food was excellent and the service outstanding. What started as a nice place to try for dinner has become a birthday tradition and an almost certainty for other special occasions. Each year, our small group seems to grow, and is a memorable time that everyone looks forward to. This year we were joined by 10 friends to celebrate this special occasion, and anticipate returning next year. I can say with certainty that if you have not eaten here before, you are missing a delightful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PappyDined on 8/29/2014We were very pleased as our only previous information had come from your reviews. The food was excellent and we had the Crisp Grouper and the best Crab Cakes that we had during our weekend in Annapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than everNofastfoodDined on 8/29/2014Based on our dinners, O'Leary's food and service are better than even their previous high standards. Previously deep-fried soft shells have been replaced by superior, crisp pan-sauteing, which highlights the taste of the crab. Their crab cakes rival the best of the state. Even the rolls are outstanding. Service is professional and friendly. If there is a better seafood restaurant Annapolis, I don't know what it is.Special Features:
- Upscale Dining in a tourist townDCvisitorsDined on 8/28/2014Thanks to Open Table, we quickly located this fine dining establishment upon arrival in Annapolis to start our vacation. So glad since much of our subsequent meal experiences were unfortunately 'tourist trade' faire. A woman seated adjacent to us exclaimed, "best food I've had all week of my visit!" Traditional seafood dishes, such as crab cakes and shrimp were elevated to a higher level of gastronomical experience with creative ingredients and pairings. Service was excellent though we had to wait a few minutes outside before 5 pm opening. We were introduced to a local craft beer that became a favorite to purchase for home. Skip the 'inventive' cocktails. Only downside was not being on the water with just a view of sail masts passing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealRFWSSIDined on 8/27/2014We had the whole rock fish and cazuela. Very well prepared and presented. Our server, Elaine, was professional, friendly, and attentive. O'learys is a very comfortable restaurant with a well worn, established feel. Definitely returning to try more on the menu.Special Features:
- BirthdayLadyDined on 8/25/2014It was a birthday dinner, and I had heard about O'Leary's for quite some time, but we had never made it over there to their quiet little spot nestled in Eastport. The decor is comfortable, unpretentious, and food was very excellent, especially the fried grouper. The tuna sashimi we had as a starter was also fabulous. I will go there again. Wish the place had an expansive water view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Seafood Dinner in Annapolis!LunchnVegasVIPDined on 8/23/2014With my guest who's been going to O'Leary's for over 25 years; we can't say enough about it. A bit loud with a very energetic crowd from 20's to the 90's... Great Food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bhmcVIPDined on 8/23/2014As Annapolis goes, this is one of the best dining experiences. While not gourmet, it is a fine meal. The fish is fresh and there clearly is pride in its preparation and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014Great food and service. Pleasant atmosphere with delicious seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food!1SueBVIPDined on 8/21/2014This was one of the best prepared dinners I've had in a long time. My husband & I both had Barramundi because we loved the fish in Australia. It was delicious, with a perfect array of flavorable accompaniments. I would go back tomorrow. Very nice location near the water with easy parking.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!DrMrsMomDined on 8/21/2014My family as eaten here several times. Each time, it seems to get better and better. The food is always great. It's suitable for kids (although there is no kids menu) but come early. The servers are very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic higher end and quaintDrew4060Dined on 8/17/2014The service was great and very friendly. The food was extremely well thought out and very tasteful. Food quantity was adequate but appropriate for this level of quality. The dining room is small but plenty of room to enjoy and not loud as you might expect from a smaller room. No question its pricy but again for the level of food served, not unexpected. I'd recommend O'Leary's if you're in the mode for seafood that's well prepared and looking for a quaint environment.Special Features:
- Great first experience at O'Learys!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014My sister and her husband were visiting us from NYC and wanted a seafood dinner. We picked O'Leary's from the reviews from friends. It was a great dinner- we had a mix of seafood and it was cooked perfectly. Our waitress knew the menu well, was very informative and professional. Wait staff was attentive and cleared plates in a timely manner. Loved the environment and the dinner- plus the coffee was amazing! Will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wine, and serviceAnnapolisFoodieDined on 8/14/2014This was my first time here and it was wonderful! Everything on the menu sounded amazing and we couldn't make up our minds so the server offer great suggestions for all courses. We had the lemon marscapone for dessert and it was fabulous! Would definitely go back for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner reviewanniversarydinnerDined on 8/13/2014there are many seafood restaurants in Annapolis. Many have better views. But O'Learys by far has the best seafood. If you want meat- don't go there. If you want a scenic view - don't go there. But if you want 4 star seafood, it's the right place - no question.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Dinner to RemembertheGrand1Dined on 8/11/2014A wonderful experience, with super food, great wine and prompt service. Can't be beat for classy seafood and a cozy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular diningBobbiVIPDined on 8/10/2014My wife and I had a wonderful dinner on the eve of our wedding anniversary . You guys never disappoint . Great food , great ambiance ! We will dine at your restaurant for every special occasion ! Chuck Dewey & Barbara GordonSpecial Features:
- Just okayKnitnonnaDined on 8/9/2014We went for the crab cakes which we remembered were way bigger than now and the jumbo soft crabs were okay but not jumbo and pretty pricey for fried green tomatoes and a little corn thrown in. So not as good as the last time we were there. Guess we still have to go to Great Falls Va for great food at a great price.
- 2nd time therelynnielouDined on 8/6/2014best crab cakes i've had in a long time. dinner was amazing. definitely one of my favorite. will be back!Special Features:
- I recommendbookbuilderDined on 8/4/2014Wonderful wait staff. Food beautifully prepared, delicious. Hoped that we could see the harbor as the restaurant is on the water, but a high fence blocked the view. But the restaurant is lovely and the food is great. Pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- Excellent food, attentive serviceSZMDDined on 8/2/2014Had not been here for at least 10 years, will be coming back often!Special Features:
- Top QualityPfwolfbirdDined on 8/1/2014Four of us spanning 3 generations really enjoyed the excellent food and great service. What so many reviews have been saying is true. It was a bit spendy, avaraging over $50 apiece but the quality deserves it. Too noisy for a romantic dinner, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday spot!beachwriterDined on 7/31/2014My wife and I celebrated her birthday there, had a very nice table with a semi-view of the water. Food was outstanding, from appetizer courses through entree and dessert, which was specially presented for her. Service was attentive but NOT cloying. Value for money is excellent. A great place to which we'll return! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tastefully devineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Wonderful service, romantic for a special evening getaway.Special Features:
- Best Food in AnnapolisAnnaplocalDined on 7/31/2014Love dining at O'Leary's, best food in Annapolis, always fresh and delicious. Recommend it to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyeatoutVIPDined on 7/30/2014Great interpretation of fish, veggies and spices. Gorgonzola orzo is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded our expectations!FoodieBDined on 7/28/2014O'Learys exceeded our expectations for great food and a nice place to celebrate our anniversary. I posted on My Open Table reservation that we were celebrating our anniversary and they brought out 2 glasses of champaign on the house to begin our meal. Very nice touch! The service was fabulous. We didn't need to wait on our server for anything but she was always there at just the right time. We had oysters on the half shell, calamari, Chilean Sea Bass and a seafood stew. All were delicious and made to our liking. The favors were terrific. The music was perfect. Songs we knew but were often times in different versions than we had heard. It made for enjoyable,listening but remained in the background. We had a wonderful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciousdiningout1478Dined on 7/26/2014The food and service and O'Leary's was excellent. Highly recommend the crab tower as an appetizer and the crab cakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/26/2014We have only had great experiences, especially with Patrick as our server. He is top notch. Food is outstanding.Special Features:
- crab cakesbiscuitDined on 7/26/2014O'Leary's crab cakes are among the best. Thai appetizer was outstanding. Service was very good, food arrived quickly and was hot. A big plus in my book. We have not been there for several years and it stills remains one of the better restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Dad24sonsDined on 7/25/2014Lump crab cakes were the best we had in Annapolis--and anywhere else. All the seafood was well prepared and presented. Our only problem was that there were no sound absorbing tiles in the "retro" styled restaurant, so the noise level got very high. Otherwise a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Great FoodBeneCiboVIPDined on 7/25/2014O'Leary's has become our favorite place to dine for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- murphyDined on 7/23/2014Always a good meal and quality friendly service. Chef is always coming up with clever combiniations of flavor.Special Features: