O'Learys Seafood Restaurant
310 Third Street
Annapolis, MD 21403Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
O'Learys Seafood Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.olearysseafood.com/
- Phone: 4102630884x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Gary McGinley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Buyouts available by request. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Wil Peterson 4102630885x
A word from O'Learys Seafood Restaurant
Located in the historic Eastport section of Annapolis, O’Learys Seafood Restaurant offers seafood cuisine that is strictly nouveau/fresh, along with “the best small wine list in Annapolis"!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
O'Learys Seafood Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
O'Learys Seafood Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
173 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (102)fit for foodies (97)romantic (83)neighborhood gem (71)notable wine list (49)scenic view (13)hot spot (9)good for groups (8)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Too crowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Room is small and it seems they put all two person parties in a room together. Food was great but would not go back due to the ambiance. Need more room between tables. You feel as if you are dining with other couples.Special Features:
- Too pricey for the quality.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014The cream of crab soup was tasty but not hot. I thought the salads were very expensive for the size. My meal was okay but not fantastic for the price.Special Features:
- Enjoyable!KelsDined on 10/13/2014O'Learys was able to accommodate an additional member to my dining group (from 3 to 4) at the last minute. The food was wonderful with a fun variety of entrees from which to choose. All of us very much enjoyed the quiet ambiance, loved that the restaurant had their own parking lot which was not crowded, and liked the nautical atmosphere surrounding O'Leary's. The overall experience is one that has me looking forward to another visit.Special Features:
- Yearly visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2014Every year we come for the boat show and we can't wait to come and have a delicious, nice ambiance dinner at O'Leary. It's become a tradition!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A well-kept secretMaryDined on 10/12/2014I know this restaurant has been there for ages. But I have never been there before. We were looking for something new and I was surprised at the review from Baltimore Magazine, so we gave it a try. I am so glad we did. I expected just another Maryland seafood restaurant (nothing wrong with that, mind you). What we got was so much more. The food was delicious. The service was just right. We were there during the weekend of the Boat Show. Even though the restaurant was full, we didn't feel it. It was busy, it was lively. But we were treated as if we were the only ones in the place. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food and LocationTowensDined on 10/11/2014Food was amazing and the restaurant was beautiful. The service was excellent, too!Special Features:
- Cold food and poor service.NanumsDined on 10/9/2014Server finally brought our dinner to the table without having any area to eat the food on. So while we waited for plates our already cool food got colder. Creamed spinach was so wet the it fell thru the fork. Wine list is about someone's ego - very few bottles under $100. That's a drag when you want to order a bottle of Cabernet with a steak.Special Features:
- Lovely, romantic: perfect!!MotionsustainedDined on 10/9/2014Chris: excellent server! Menu: so creative. We had crab cakes and snapper, and having just returned from the coast of Maine, we are familiar with great seafood. This topped them all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blondieDined on 10/9/2014The service and the food were outstanding! The Rock Fish Provençale was fantastic!! Pacing of the meal could not have been better. This has always been my favorite seafood place in Annapolis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindTravelerDined on 10/8/2014We ate at O'Learys during the Annapolis Boat show and were impressed by the service as well as the food. Our waiter was attentive and informative. Everything we ordered was exactly as the waiter had described it. The food overall was excellent. There was a nice wine list to select from and we all enjoyed our selections. I would recommend this for anyone visiting the Annapolis area. We would definitely dine at O'Learys again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th Anniversary HitmrjoeDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary. While we waited at the small bar. The bartender presented my wife and I, as well as a young couple who were celebrating their 5th, with a complementary glass of wine. After we were seated, our server was friendly and professional. The meal was excellent. The evening was a big hit!!Special Features:
- UNBELIEVABLE EXPERIENCEBIRTHDAYDined on 10/4/2014This was not my first visit and every time I dine here, it seems to get better. The server was superb, as was the service. This was a special occasion for us and O'Leary's didn't disappoint. The food is exceptional. The moderate wine list boasts some very good selections at decent prices. You can't leave without either sampling the crab cakes as an appetizer or entrée. My date had the Rockfish. Both were exceptional. For dessert we had the Death by Chocolate after dinner drink. Highly recommended if you are a chocolate lover. Overall, O'Leary's is an exceptional, up-scale seafood restaurant with a romantic atmosphere in one of my favorite towns. They made ours special occasion even more special.Special Features:
- Wonderful food....stillNickatNightDined on 10/4/2014A little crowded in the front room (our first time in there) but the food was just outstanding. The signature fried grouper was over the top and the silk snapper special was heavenly. French Chardonnay by the glass is classy. Pair it with the crab tower to get going. Every time in Annapolis, O'Learys is our main dining destination. Almost didn't go this time after reading some "iffy" reviews at a travel service site. Decided to stay loyal and we were paid back more so than any expectation we had-- it's better than ever. Put it on your A+ list when in Annapolis or if it is already on there, make sure it stays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice.moongoddessDined on 10/4/2014We went there on the spur of the moment because we were able to get a table. The service was excellent. Beer selection was good. The appetizer was tasty but pricey. The food was very good. This is a very nice place but pretty expensive, I guess that's all about the location.Special Features:
- Very nice placeOskyDined on 10/3/2014Very nice overall, food is very good, service is excellent. A bit pricey for the entire package, but that's OK for the tasty food. One negative detail: Please get rid of that blue-colored paper on top of the nice table clothes. It gives a cheap appearance to the place. You can afford spending some $ for laundry..:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go-to restaurantfeedmeDined on 10/3/2014The staff never fails to welcome us back and take great care of us. Will, O'Leary's host, knows wine and always recommends a great bottle for our meals. Jen, our server, is a delight who seems to know exactly when to come to the table and was so attentive to our needs. O'Leary's has made me into a fish lover. The preparations are delicious and inventive. I just love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal!BarryDined on 10/3/2014I took the family and parents to O'Learys for a birthday celebration. As usual, the service and food were simply fantastic. For my parents and children, it was their first visit and all exclaimed that O'Leary's was now at the top of their list for Annapolis' best restaurant. The chocolate mousse b-day desserts were a nice touch after dinner. Can't wait to return!!Special Features:
- Always enjoy this consistent gemJimandAnneDined on 9/28/2014The best place in the Annapolis area for excellent seafood. Popular among us locals and we always recommend it to people who are visiting.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Food and service were outstanding for our special event dinner.Special Features:
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We chose this restaurant to celebrate a recent raise, so it was a special occasion for us. the food was served in a timely manner. the staff was very knowledgable about the menu and accomodating to my dietary restrictions. We had a wonderful dinner.Special Features:
- Outstanding Every TimeSizantDined on 9/25/2014We have been to O'Learys before. It has been consistently outstanding every time. It has a sea food focus (which is why we go), not a lot of meat choices (we'd go elsewhere if we wanted a steak). Not much more can be said except we'll go again when we want a great meal.Special Features:
- Favorite fine dining in AnnapolisOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2014Food is superb, service is phenomenal, love, love love this place!!!Special Features:
- Not so friendly when arriving!FoodieDined on 9/19/2014The gentleman that seated us was rude. We made a mistake on how many people in our party when making the reservation, and he was not very nice about it. The restaurant was empty at the time so it was a little strange how he acted. Our waiter was excellent though, food was good.Special Features:
- Small wonder nooked awayluv2reviewDined on 9/18/2014The food was incredible. Everything was delicious. So much detail in every dish. The flavors just burst in my mouth. We had Lobster cappuccino and oysters on the half shell. No disppointment there. For our main course we shared the Surf and Turf and the Groper. Both worth returning back for. I will say the restaurant was a bit smaller and the noise level a bit higher than preferred. But our awesome waitress, Jessica, more than made up for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- finally - a return to high quality!schnauzernutDined on 9/13/2014After years of mediocrity and unjustified high prices, O'Learys had returned to the top of the Annapolis dining scene. We are SO happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- miniscule mealsfpicardDined on 9/11/2014menu special was 1 1/2 lobster said waiter when served to me obviously much smaller and lobster claws miniscule, when I mentioned I was from NE and never saw such small claws (1") on a lobster he just shrugged, very disappointed with meal feel it was misrepresented in size altho cooked adequately but price was outrageous for the portionSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/8/2014Our waitress was very good even accommodated one of our guest who does not eat seafood. Would highly recommend your restaurant to our friends and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Sunday Night Find!murphysworldDined on 9/7/2014Place was empty on a recent Sunday but the staff gave us a good meal/service. I love eating in a booth and the ones here are huge and very comfy. I soft she'll special although tasty had way too much breading. Far from what a seafood rest in my should provide. The rest of the meal was very good. 3 specially the berry shortcake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerbbfoodieDined on 9/4/2014My husband & I entertained friends from out of town & decided that although there was no water views we would go to O'Leary's. We all had the specials and they were amazing. Let me also mention, if u want desert try the lemon berry cake it was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DiningDMH43Dined on 9/2/2014This remains our favorite restaurant in Annapolis where the food is excellent, service is quiet and unobtrusive, and the ambiance is always relaxing.Special Features:
- Annapolis dinnerDuluthMikeDined on 8/30/2014Thanks to Open Table we secured a 730pm reservation at this busy neighborhood restaurant. Small and intimate with great service and wonderful food. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingMSBowlVIPDined on 8/30/2014Thirteen years ago when we moved to Annapolis, we were given a gift certificate to O'Leary's by our Realtor. With few exceptions, we have celebrated my husbands birthday dinner every year since. As always, the food was excellent and the service outstanding. What started as a nice place to try for dinner has become a birthday tradition and an almost certainty for other special occasions. Each year, our small group seems to grow, and is a memorable time that everyone looks forward to. This year we were joined by 10 friends to celebrate this special occasion, and anticipate returning next year. I can say with certainty that if you have not eaten here before, you are missing a delightful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PappyDined on 8/29/2014We were very pleased as our only previous information had come from your reviews. The food was excellent and we had the Crisp Grouper and the best Crab Cakes that we had during our weekend in Annapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than everNofastfoodDined on 8/29/2014Based on our dinners, O'Leary's food and service are better than even their previous high standards. Previously deep-fried soft shells have been replaced by superior, crisp pan-sauteing, which highlights the taste of the crab. Their crab cakes rival the best of the state. Even the rolls are outstanding. Service is professional and friendly. If there is a better seafood restaurant Annapolis, I don't know what it is.Special Features:
- Upscale Dining in a tourist townDCvisitorsDined on 8/28/2014Thanks to Open Table, we quickly located this fine dining establishment upon arrival in Annapolis to start our vacation. So glad since much of our subsequent meal experiences were unfortunately 'tourist trade' faire. A woman seated adjacent to us exclaimed, "best food I've had all week of my visit!" Traditional seafood dishes, such as crab cakes and shrimp were elevated to a higher level of gastronomical experience with creative ingredients and pairings. Service was excellent though we had to wait a few minutes outside before 5 pm opening. We were introduced to a local craft beer that became a favorite to purchase for home. Skip the 'inventive' cocktails. Only downside was not being on the water with just a view of sail masts passing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealRFWSSIDined on 8/27/2014We had the whole rock fish and cazuela. Very well prepared and presented. Our server, Elaine, was professional, friendly, and attentive. O'learys is a very comfortable restaurant with a well worn, established feel. Definitely returning to try more on the menu.Special Features:
- BirthdayLadyDined on 8/25/2014It was a birthday dinner, and I had heard about O'Leary's for quite some time, but we had never made it over there to their quiet little spot nestled in Eastport. The decor is comfortable, unpretentious, and food was very excellent, especially the fried grouper. The tuna sashimi we had as a starter was also fabulous. I will go there again. Wish the place had an expansive water view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Seafood Dinner in Annapolis!LunchnVegasVIPDined on 8/23/2014With my guest who's been going to O'Leary's for over 25 years; we can't say enough about it. A bit loud with a very energetic crowd from 20's to the 90's... Great Food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bhmcVIPDined on 8/23/2014As Annapolis goes, this is one of the best dining experiences. While not gourmet, it is a fine meal. The fish is fresh and there clearly is pride in its preparation and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014Great food and service. Pleasant atmosphere with delicious seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.