O'Learys Seafood Restaurant
310 Third Street
Annapolis, MD 21403Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
O'Learys Seafood Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.olearysseafood.com/
- Phone: (410) 263-0884
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Gary McGinley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Buyouts available by request. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Wil Peterson 4102630885x
A word from O'Learys Seafood Restaurant
Located in the historic Eastport section of Annapolis, O’Learys Seafood Restaurant offers seafood cuisine that is strictly nouveau/fresh, along with “the best small wine list in Annapolis"!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
O'Learys Seafood Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
O'Learys Seafood Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (92)fit for foodies (86)romantic (75)neighborhood gem (64)notable wine list (47)scenic view (13)good for groups (11)late-night find (9)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Skip Itreviewer22Dined on 11/15/2014very nice waitress, very good bottle of wine, tasty muscles, but lousy grouper and so-so mahi mahi
- Best in TownEatAnnapolisDined on 11/14/2014O'Learys is the best restaurant in Annapolis. The food is consistently creative, fresh and fun. The wait staff is superb. Great wine list in all price ranges. If it is a special evening we go here. A little pricy, but really in this day and age, not bad. Listen to the specials and consider them. We have never been disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner for twoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Great place for a date with your wife. Excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior Food2forgreatfoodDined on 11/11/2014We celebrated an anniversary and it was a perfect restaurant. Food and service were superb. The signature Grouper dish and the fresh lobster were just beyond our expectations. Can't wait to return more often. The feeling that you are in someone's quaint and personal dining room is also refreshing.Special Features:
- Never let me downteachercaneatDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I have dined there 4 times so far and each time has been wonderful experience. From the outstanding food to the service. I highly recommend O'Learys. I just took my wife there for her birthday and it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014This is a favorite spot where I often take new associates to meet their spouses and have an introduction dinner.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentOctDinerVIPDined on 11/1/2014O'Leary's won't give you anything particularly innovative but it remains our go-to place for the highest quality seafood and meticulous preparation. There may be places of equal quality or with more adventurous preparations but it's a place where you can always take someone from out of town or for a special occasion and not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Understated elegancegetawayDined on 10/31/2014impeccable service, attention to detail without being fussy, fantastic beer and wine selections, wonderful seafood both as appetizer and entrees, delicious dessert. truly an exceptional dining experience.Special Features:
- Consistently wonderfulbbfoodieDined on 10/26/2014We just love onto bring out of town friends & family here. Everyone is craving seafood & we r never disappointed. Whether it's from the menu or the evening specials no one is ever disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinner. Would return.MattyBDined on 10/25/2014Had a very good dinner. Didn't blow me away, food-wise, but the service and setting were excellent. The "1.25-1.5 lobster" special I had was very much on the small side. I'd be surprised if it was one pound. At $50, I expected more. Although it was cooked and prepared excellently.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Excellent seafood dinner for five. Limited seating for groups bigger than 4 - reserve early. Parking on site. GREAT. WILL BE BACK.I would recommend this to a friend.
- EvangelineDined on 10/24/2014I took a friend there to give her a sense of a Annapolis and a top seafood restaurant. I knew it was going to be pricey, but was surprised that the cost didn't come close to matching the amount of food or drink. The fishwas excellent but there was too little of a good thing. it was atop relish in one dish and mashed potatoes in the other. The glasses of wine seemed a quarter filled. For the price, there should have been a few sips more! I'm glad to have experienced the restaurant but won't go there again unless someone is treating.Special Features:
- Another Annapolis findFranksDined on 10/24/2014Booked reservations for a gathering with old friends from college. This was an excellent choice for food, service and ambience. Will definitely return next time I am in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oleary'sannapolisolearysDined on 10/23/2014This restaurant is wonderful for special occasions. The food is excellent and the service is outstanding. It has been one of my favorites for years.Special Features:
- Excellent diningdinningoutDined on 10/23/2014food was very, very good. Service was the weakest part of the evening and it was not bad, just average.Special Features:
- Great meal; will go againCheeseheadDined on 10/23/2014First time diner; group of 4. Arrived at 5:30 on a Thursday evening while still relatively empty. Enjoyed the opportunity for a quiet conversation. 3/4 full an hour later. Ordered Crispy Grouper and 3x Crab Cakes. Delicious meal.Special Features:
- Great Menu, Great FoodBoativatedDined on 10/18/2014Always love the food at this smallish, yet elegant neighborhood restaurant. We came by boat and stayed in a local marina. As usual we had the pleasant challenge of having to choose amongst multiple great-sounding menu options. I chose the swordfish from the menu, and my husband picked the halibut which was a special that night. If there is anything less than good to say about this place, it's that the acoustics are not that good, making conversation somewhat of a strain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as alwaysHunterDined on 10/18/2014Best prepared seafood in Annapolis. The choices were varied. We tried the lamb pops with cerviche which were excellent. The meals tasted as even better than the looked. We enjoyed the chocolate mousse. Last time the shell was a little tough but not this time. As we were entertaining out of town guests they wanted crab cakes and raved about them. No one does calamari better, awesome sauce, seriously. The California Sauvingnon Blanc was very good. Great service too.Special Features:
- Fresh sea food!JewelryladyDined on 10/18/2014We had a very nice dinner here the other night. Rockfish whole or filleted was well prepared. The special house grouper dish rated very high from my dinning partners. We also had the mussels for appetizers and the creamy spicy sauce was different and delicious. The wine list had some nice selections and some hard to find Oregon Pinot Noir. They have a specialty cocktail list and my friend enjoyed the Rosemary Gin drink. Very refreshing she said! The restaurant is only two small rooms and has a cosy look. The waitstaff were helpful and attentive. There is a parking lot at this restaurant which is always a concern for those not lucky enough to live here in Eastport.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too crowdedWnegrlDined on 10/17/2014Room is small and it seems they put all two person parties in a room together. Food was great but would not go back due to the ambiance. Need more room between tables. You feel as if you are dining with other couples.Special Features:
- Too pricey for the quality.dinner4fourDined on 10/13/2014The cream of crab soup was tasty but not hot. I thought the salads were very expensive for the size. My meal was okay but not fantastic for the price.Special Features:
- Enjoyable!KelsDined on 10/13/2014O'Learys was able to accommodate an additional member to my dining group (from 3 to 4) at the last minute. The food was wonderful with a fun variety of entrees from which to choose. All of us very much enjoyed the quiet ambiance, loved that the restaurant had their own parking lot which was not crowded, and liked the nautical atmosphere surrounding O'Leary's. The overall experience is one that has me looking forward to another visit.Special Features:
- Yearly visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2014Every year we come for the boat show and we can't wait to come and have a delicious, nice ambiance dinner at O'Leary. It's become a tradition!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A well-kept secretMaryDined on 10/12/2014I know this restaurant has been there for ages. But I have never been there before. We were looking for something new and I was surprised at the review from Baltimore Magazine, so we gave it a try. I am so glad we did. I expected just another Maryland seafood restaurant (nothing wrong with that, mind you). What we got was so much more. The food was delicious. The service was just right. We were there during the weekend of the Boat Show. Even though the restaurant was full, we didn't feel it. It was busy, it was lively. But we were treated as if we were the only ones in the place. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food and LocationTowensDined on 10/11/2014Food was amazing and the restaurant was beautiful. The service was excellent, too!Special Features:
- Cold food and poor service.NanumsDined on 10/9/2014Server finally brought our dinner to the table without having any area to eat the food on. So while we waited for plates our already cool food got colder. Creamed spinach was so wet the it fell thru the fork. Wine list is about someone's ego - very few bottles under $100. That's a drag when you want to order a bottle of Cabernet with a steak.Special Features:
- Lovely, romantic: perfect!!MotionsustainedDined on 10/9/2014Chris: excellent server! Menu: so creative. We had crab cakes and snapper, and having just returned from the coast of Maine, we are familiar with great seafood. This topped them all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blondieDined on 10/9/2014The service and the food were outstanding! The Rock Fish Provençale was fantastic!! Pacing of the meal could not have been better. This has always been my favorite seafood place in Annapolis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindTravelerDined on 10/8/2014We ate at O'Learys during the Annapolis Boat show and were impressed by the service as well as the food. Our waiter was attentive and informative. Everything we ordered was exactly as the waiter had described it. The food overall was excellent. There was a nice wine list to select from and we all enjoyed our selections. I would recommend this for anyone visiting the Annapolis area. We would definitely dine at O'Learys again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th Anniversary HitmrjoeDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary. While we waited at the small bar. The bartender presented my wife and I, as well as a young couple who were celebrating their 5th, with a complementary glass of wine. After we were seated, our server was friendly and professional. The meal was excellent. The evening was a big hit!!Special Features:
- UNBELIEVABLE EXPERIENCEBIRTHDAYDined on 10/4/2014This was not my first visit and every time I dine here, it seems to get better. The server was superb, as was the service. This was a special occasion for us and O'Leary's didn't disappoint. The food is exceptional. The moderate wine list boasts some very good selections at decent prices. You can't leave without either sampling the crab cakes as an appetizer or entrée. My date had the Rockfish. Both were exceptional. For dessert we had the Death by Chocolate after dinner drink. Highly recommended if you are a chocolate lover. Overall, O'Leary's is an exceptional, up-scale seafood restaurant with a romantic atmosphere in one of my favorite towns. They made ours special occasion even more special.Special Features:
- Wonderful food....stillNickatNightDined on 10/4/2014A little crowded in the front room (our first time in there) but the food was just outstanding. The signature fried grouper was over the top and the silk snapper special was heavenly. French Chardonnay by the glass is classy. Pair it with the crab tower to get going. Every time in Annapolis, O'Learys is our main dining destination. Almost didn't go this time after reading some "iffy" reviews at a travel service site. Decided to stay loyal and we were paid back more so than any expectation we had-- it's better than ever. Put it on your A+ list when in Annapolis or if it is already on there, make sure it stays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice.moongoddessDined on 10/4/2014We went there on the spur of the moment because we were able to get a table. The service was excellent. Beer selection was good. The appetizer was tasty but pricey. The food was very good. This is a very nice place but pretty expensive, I guess that's all about the location.Special Features:
- Very nice placeOskyDined on 10/3/2014Very nice overall, food is very good, service is excellent. A bit pricey for the entire package, but that's OK for the tasty food. One negative detail: Please get rid of that blue-colored paper on top of the nice table clothes. It gives a cheap appearance to the place. You can afford spending some $ for laundry..:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go-to restaurantfeedmeDined on 10/3/2014The staff never fails to welcome us back and take great care of us. Will, O'Leary's host, knows wine and always recommends a great bottle for our meals. Jen, our server, is a delight who seems to know exactly when to come to the table and was so attentive to our needs. O'Leary's has made me into a fish lover. The preparations are delicious and inventive. I just love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal!BarryDined on 10/3/2014I took the family and parents to O'Learys for a birthday celebration. As usual, the service and food were simply fantastic. For my parents and children, it was their first visit and all exclaimed that O'Leary's was now at the top of their list for Annapolis' best restaurant. The chocolate mousse b-day desserts were a nice touch after dinner. Can't wait to return!!Special Features:
- Always enjoy this consistent gemJimandAnneDined on 9/28/2014The best place in the Annapolis area for excellent seafood. Popular among us locals and we always recommend it to people who are visiting.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Food and service were outstanding for our special event dinner.Special Features:
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We chose this restaurant to celebrate a recent raise, so it was a special occasion for us. the food was served in a timely manner. the staff was very knowledgable about the menu and accomodating to my dietary restrictions. We had a wonderful dinner.Special Features:
- Outstanding Every TimeSizantDined on 9/25/2014We have been to O'Learys before. It has been consistently outstanding every time. It has a sea food focus (which is why we go), not a lot of meat choices (we'd go elsewhere if we wanted a steak). Not much more can be said except we'll go again when we want a great meal.Special Features: