O'Learys Seafood Restaurant
310 Third Street
Annapolis, MD 21403Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
O'Learys Seafood Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.olearysseafood.com/
- Phone: 4102630884
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Russell Brown
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Buyouts available by request. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: PJ Mailloux 4102630885
A word from O'Learys Seafood Restaurant
Located in the historic Eastport section of Annapolis, O’Learys Seafood Restaurant offers seafood cuisine that is strictly nouveau/fresh, along with “the best small wine list in Annapolis"!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
O'Learys Seafood Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
O'Learys Seafood Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
181 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (113)fit for foodies (100)neighborhood gem (86)romantic (81)notable wine list (46)good for groups (13)scenic view (12)late-night find (9)great for lunch (8)hot spot (7)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014It was a birthday dinner, and I had heard about O'Leary's for quite some time, but we had never made it over there to their quiet little spot nestled in Eastport. The decor is comfortable, unpretentious, and food was very excellent, especially the fried grouper. The tuna sashimi we had as a starter was also fabulous. I will go there again. Wish the place had an expansive water view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Seafood Dinner in Annapolis!LunchnVegasDined on 8/23/2014With my guest who's been going to O'Leary's for over 25 years; we can't say enough about it. A bit loud with a very energetic crowd from 20's to the 90's... Great Food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bhmcVIPDined on 8/23/2014As Annapolis goes, this is one of the best dining experiences. While not gourmet, it is a fine meal. The fish is fresh and there clearly is pride in its preparation and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014Great food and service. Pleasant atmosphere with delicious seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food!1SueBVIPDined on 8/21/2014This was one of the best prepared dinners I've had in a long time. My husband & I both had Barramundi because we loved the fish in Australia. It was delicious, with a perfect array of flavorable accompaniments. I would go back tomorrow. Very nice location near the water with easy parking.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!DrMrsMomDined on 8/21/2014My family as eaten here several times. Each time, it seems to get better and better. The food is always great. It's suitable for kids (although there is no kids menu) but come early. The servers are very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic higher end and quaintDrew4060Dined on 8/17/2014The service was great and very friendly. The food was extremely well thought out and very tasteful. Food quantity was adequate but appropriate for this level of quality. The dining room is small but plenty of room to enjoy and not loud as you might expect from a smaller room. No question its pricy but again for the level of food served, not unexpected. I'd recommend O'Leary's if you're in the mode for seafood that's well prepared and looking for a quaint environment.Special Features:
- Great first experience at O'Learys!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014My sister and her husband were visiting us from NYC and wanted a seafood dinner. We picked O'Leary's from the reviews from friends. It was a great dinner- we had a mix of seafood and it was cooked perfectly. Our waitress knew the menu well, was very informative and professional. Wait staff was attentive and cleared plates in a timely manner. Loved the environment and the dinner- plus the coffee was amazing! Will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wine, and serviceAnnapolisFoodieDined on 8/14/2014This was my first time here and it was wonderful! Everything on the menu sounded amazing and we couldn't make up our minds so the server offer great suggestions for all courses. We had the lemon marscapone for dessert and it was fabulous! Would definitely go back for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner reviewanniversarydinnerDined on 8/13/2014there are many seafood restaurants in Annapolis. Many have better views. But O'Learys by far has the best seafood. If you want meat- don't go there. If you want a scenic view - don't go there. But if you want 4 star seafood, it's the right place - no question.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Dinner to RemembertheGrand1Dined on 8/11/2014A wonderful experience, with super food, great wine and prompt service. Can't be beat for classy seafood and a cozy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular diningBobbiVIPDined on 8/10/2014My wife and I had a wonderful dinner on the eve of our wedding anniversary . You guys never disappoint . Great food , great ambiance ! We will dine at your restaurant for every special occasion ! Chuck Dewey & Barbara GordonSpecial Features:
- Just okayKnitnonnaDined on 8/9/2014We went for the crab cakes which we remembered were way bigger than now and the jumbo soft crabs were okay but not jumbo and pretty pricey for fried green tomatoes and a little corn thrown in. So not as good as the last time we were there. Guess we still have to go to Great Falls Va for great food at a great price.
- 2nd time therelynnielouDined on 8/6/2014best crab cakes i've had in a long time. dinner was amazing. definitely one of my favorite. will be back!Special Features:
- I recommendbookbuilderDined on 8/4/2014Wonderful wait staff. Food beautifully prepared, delicious. Hoped that we could see the harbor as the restaurant is on the water, but a high fence blocked the view. But the restaurant is lovely and the food is great. Pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- Excellent food, attentive serviceSZMDDined on 8/2/2014Had not been here for at least 10 years, will be coming back often!Special Features:
- Top QualityPfwolfbirdDined on 8/1/2014Four of us spanning 3 generations really enjoyed the excellent food and great service. What so many reviews have been saying is true. It was a bit spendy, avaraging over $50 apiece but the quality deserves it. Too noisy for a romantic dinner, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday spot!beachwriterDined on 7/31/2014My wife and I celebrated her birthday there, had a very nice table with a semi-view of the water. Food was outstanding, from appetizer courses through entree and dessert, which was specially presented for her. Service was attentive but NOT cloying. Value for money is excellent. A great place to which we'll return! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tastefully devineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Wonderful service, romantic for a special evening getaway.Special Features:
- Best Food in AnnapolisAnnaplocalDined on 7/31/2014Love dining at O'Leary's, best food in Annapolis, always fresh and delicious. Recommend it to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyeatoutVIPDined on 7/30/2014Great interpretation of fish, veggies and spices. Gorgonzola orzo is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded our expectations!FoodieBDined on 7/28/2014O'Learys exceeded our expectations for great food and a nice place to celebrate our anniversary. I posted on My Open Table reservation that we were celebrating our anniversary and they brought out 2 glasses of champaign on the house to begin our meal. Very nice touch! The service was fabulous. We didn't need to wait on our server for anything but she was always there at just the right time. We had oysters on the half shell, calamari, Chilean Sea Bass and a seafood stew. All were delicious and made to our liking. The favors were terrific. The music was perfect. Songs we knew but were often times in different versions than we had heard. It made for enjoyable,listening but remained in the background. We had a wonderful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciousdiningout1478Dined on 7/26/2014The food and service and O'Leary's was excellent. Highly recommend the crab tower as an appetizer and the crab cakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/26/2014We have only had great experiences, especially with Patrick as our server. He is top notch. Food is outstanding.Special Features:
- crab cakesbiscuitDined on 7/26/2014O'Leary's crab cakes are among the best. Thai appetizer was outstanding. Service was very good, food arrived quickly and was hot. A big plus in my book. We have not been there for several years and it stills remains one of the better restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Dad24sonsDined on 7/25/2014Lump crab cakes were the best we had in Annapolis--and anywhere else. All the seafood was well prepared and presented. Our only problem was that there were no sound absorbing tiles in the "retro" styled restaurant, so the noise level got very high. Otherwise a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Great FoodBeneCiboVIPDined on 7/25/2014O'Leary's has become our favorite place to dine for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- murphyDined on 7/23/2014Always a good meal and quality friendly service. Chef is always coming up with clever combiniations of flavor.Special Features:
- bonlomDined on 7/22/2014Nice restaurant, but not on the water so all the tables are about the same. Food was good--crabcakes were delicious. Mussel appetizer, though tasty, was not big enough for two so don't be afraid to order it alone. A little disappointed in the way our waitress handled my husband's seafood allergy ...almost everything has shrimp, crab, or lobster in it and since he stops breathing when he tastes those, we asked if we could sub in something in its place. She offered to sub in a few veggies for the large shrimp. Really? The restaurant does have a romantic feel...dimer lighting, a little quieter than some others near by.Special Features:
- Outstanding Fish Dish PlaceWow2eatDined on 7/21/2014Our party had three different fish dishes requiring different preparation. All of them were excellent, beautifully presented, tasty, and surprisingly memorable. Food quality was excellent. For people who have shellfish allergies it required some discussion with the waitress on what to order since many of the fish dishes have shellfish in the same recipe.Special Features:
- A perennial favorite, for how long?WestonsDigestionsDined on 7/19/2014I've been going to O'Learys for over a decade, when I used to call it the "the Annapolis Kinkead's", after the acclaimed seafood restaurant in DC. I think there was a point when O'Learys was easily the best seafood in town (at least for us non-yacht club members); over the years that distinction has probably faded a bit with some of the new competitors setting up shop nearby. Still, it is invariably where I go whenever I want a good seafood meal in a pleasant, yet unpretentious environment. The seafood is always fresh and nicely prepared. The service is attentive and professional. One quibble is that the wine list lacks many choices for light-bodied reds by the glass, which would have been nice with my Catalan zarzuela.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every wayCandidmanDined on 7/19/2014First time here. Restaurant was busy, but had a reservation and seating was immediate. Menu selection and specials were are well described. Had the soft shell crabs - these were the best ever. I live on the Chesapeake so I know what I'm talking about. Only slight criticism is beer selection could be better.Special Features:
- Great Seafood RestaurantTomKatDined on 7/16/2014O'Leary served the best seafood that I have had in the last year. Simply superb.Special Features:
- Delicious seafoodRhosueDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I chose this restaurant based on reviews when we were in Annapolis for a wedding. We shared the crab tower as an appetizer, which was very good. He had a fish special and I ordered the salmon phyllo. Both were delicious. We shared the fresh berry shortcake for dessert. The fruit was great but the drop biscuit was a bit dry. Our server clearly loves her job - she was warm and attentive. We were seated in a small room in which were crammed about 10 tables, so it was difficult to hear each other. Overall, we definitely recommend O'Learys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceLuvOlearysDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary and we decided on O'leary's having never been there but heard great reviews from friends. We were not disappointed. Service was excellent as was the food. Loved the ambience also. Would highly recommend O'leary's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodNoproblemIIDined on 7/7/2014Beautifully prepared and presented in waterfront neighborhood in EastportSpecial Features:
- Hidden Gem in AnnapolisShesSavvyVIPDined on 7/5/2014This place had outstanding reviews, which is why we chose it. When we drove up it seemed to be an old house near the Annapolis harbor. On the inside there was a tiny bar with 3 seats. It was very cozy and felt more like I was in someone's home than in a restaurant. As soon as we were seated, we noticed all of the meals coming out from apps to desserts, everything looked amazing. We ordered the Lobster Cappuccino and Crab Tower for starters, the Crispy Flounder and Crab Cakes for entrees. When I say everything was delicious, everything was delicious. The portions were huge so I ended up having left overs. Pretty sure I've never had crispy fish the next day that was just as good as the night before. Excellent service & food! We'll be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2014The greeter made us wait because he wanted to seat people who were return customers (I do understand this, just could have been handled better). Unfortunately, it is very small and with a bar that would fit in a closet, no chairs available for waiting couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe a bad night?HigherHopesDined on 7/5/2014Service and location are outstanding. Lobster cappuccino was very good. No side dish offerings on the menu so the entree selections become important. Our entrees (soft shell crab and seafood medley in a tomato base) were, sadly, average. Not quite what we had expected at this price point.I would recommend this to a friend.
- July 4th dinnerKwantumDined on 7/4/2014Great food. Add kids menu. Service was excellent. Really diverse selection. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.