Ole Tapas Lounge & Restaurant
1126 Capital Trail (kirkwood highway)
Newark, DE 19711Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Ole Tapas Lounge & Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://oletapaslounge.com/
- Phone: 3022249378x
- Hours of Operation:
Friday & Saturday 11:30am-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Basque, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef:
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Since Ole Tapas! is built around providing flavorful Spanish food and drink, we do not limit our meals to our Tapas menu. Ole! takes food to your event’s location, catering events with only the best Spanish food and at the best prices possible. Our extensive catering menu of many unique Tapas, satisfies the different preferences and dietary considerations of your guests. Our catering can serve groups as small as five and go up into the hundreds. Additional services and help, including service staff, are available so that we do all work.
- Private Party Facilities: Coming Soon!
- Private Party Contact: Manuel Aguinaga 3022249378x
- Special Events: Make Ole Tapas the home for your next private party! Ole provides a unique atmosphere with the same food and wine that you come to expect from us, sure to make any party memorable. We offer a multi-course buffet style dinner tailored to your wishes. Please contact us for pricing and more details.
A word from Ole Tapas Lounge & Restaurant
Ole Tapas Lounge & Restaurant is an authentic tapas restaurant specializing in seasonal tapas, Spanish wine & especially family style entrees. With the warm mood lighting & upbeat Spanish music, this vibrant new restaurant will make you feel like you are in Seville, the capital of tapas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Ole Tapas Lounge & Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Newark ›
Ole Tapas Lounge & Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (46)good for groups (34)special occasion (29)romantic (27)neighborhood gem (24)notable wine list (14)great for lunch (10)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- ABSOLUTELY DECLICIOUSAmandaBVIPDined on 10/16/2014My friend and I had a fantastic lunch at Ole Tapas Lounge & Restaurant. The restaurant is reminiscent of Span and the staff are welcoming and friendly. Our server, Casey, was wonderful - knowledgeable about the food and wine choices and able to pace the meal to perfection. The food itself was delicious. We had the serrano ham, mushrooms, chicken croquettes, duck, steak with truffle potatoes and finished with the figs, in addition to some yummy Penya red wine. Everything was wonderful but our favorites were the duck and steak dishes. All plates were generous portions made for sharing. We had a thoroughly lovely time and will be back again soon. I would not hesitate to recommend to my friends and family.Special Features:
- Absolutely OutstandinganonDined on 10/11/2014Both the service and the food were spectacular! I just dined here on Saturday and I have already recommended it to all of my friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice near U. of DelawarAMFNYCDined on 10/11/2014This turned out to be a great place to take my daughter, near the University but away from the places she usually goes to on Main St so a new experience. Ordering several tapas plates makes for a fun and lively meal, the food was good, and our waiter Juan was very pleasant. The restaurant checks IDs for drinking so note that (if you have underage students with you).Special Features:
- Awesome Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2014Our first visit to Ole Tapas certainly will not be our last! Started with the chef's soup of the day, mushroom. Three of us thoroughly enjoyed six different tapas, wine and desserts (just the right size). Our server, Jack and the rest of the wait staff couldn't have been more attentive. We drove 40 minutes to meet our friend, a true 'foodie', and it was an awesome dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchLorenzoDined on 10/3/2014Excellent food. Very nice place. Super clean, great serviceSpecial Features:
- Spain in NewarklomoalioliDined on 9/21/2014This place reminded my wife and I about when we lived in Spain years ago. The food was very tasty and although not everything is completely Spanish, the dishes that are not are still quite interesting and Spain-inspired. Our server Casey was outstanding and knowledgeable, and was kind enough to listen to us ramble about our travels. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid romantic spotgivememoreDined on 9/20/2014It was my fiancee's and I first time here. We had a blast sharing different dishes with each other. The servers seemed well educated on the menu. The wine selection was legit and I highly recommend it to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this tapas restaurantPapaFlattopDined on 9/19/2014When my wife and I need a night out and a change of pace we go to Ole Tapas. We can order a variaty of tapas style foods a bottle of good wine and never break the bank. There were more families with kids this visit which added to teh noise level, but wasn't a distraction to our evening.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationEdelVIPDined on 9/14/201410 of our family members joined us to celebrate a birthday. The food was great and the service was exceptional.Special Features:
- ExcellentFuzzof1980Dined on 8/31/2014Staff was very friendly and food was excellent: nice presentation and good timing for a tapas restaurant.Special Features:
- Great TimeDSSCDined on 8/29/2014We enjoyed a great meal and service at the bar last week. Dave the bartender looked after us with an eye for detail, remembering how we liked our drinks and he was quick to make sure we didn't need to ask for anything. It was great food and the kitchen was able to make the food exactly how we asked for it. We would go back to enjoy the specials that they offer and you can't miss with the happy hour menu at the bar, both early and late so it makes a great later night stop for a drink and a bite or bites!Special Features:
- Always amazingGwennyDined on 8/23/2014This location never disappoints! The food is amazing and authentic. The service is really good and the staff is extremely knowledgeable. I highly recommend the basil strawberry martini, and you really can't go wrong with any menu choice. I can't wait to dine again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time TapasCanes44Dined on 8/23/2014First time at ole' Tapas and went for the paella but my date did't like it and it only came in a large quantity for two or four. We did the tapas thing and tried several different dishes that where all excellent and enjoyed a pitcher of sangria. Service was very attentive and she explained the menu and made some great suggestions which made the whole experience something special. Will be back on a Sunday when the special is all you can eat Paella and you can try all five of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite a pleasant surprise...SanibelSueDined on 8/23/2014When I saw the location, I almost didn't go in...seedy stip mall outside of Newark. What a mistake that would have been! The three of us tried a good sampling of the menu; appetizers, salad, tapas, deserts and there was not one dish that wasn't delicious. The wines were reasonable for a very decent choice. Our waitress was perky, knowledgable, prompt. If this restaurant were in a better location with a classier name, it could be a top choice. As it is, it's a gem in the rough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicejessy116Dined on 8/22/2014It was our first time trying tapas and this restaurant is the perfect place to try it out.Every bite of our food was delicious.The restaurant was very clean and cozy and the service was excellent.Thanks for an awesome experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the drive!websurferDined on 8/22/2014We were looking for a restaurant near where our daughter was attending a party. I just went on the internet to see what was in the Newark area. The website was wonderful. My husband wasn't sure of my choice since I hadn't read any reviews, just went off the look of the website. The location is in a small strip mall, we were a little worried. But walk thru the heavy door and you have no idea you're in a strip mall? Service was fantastic, the food delicious. It's not in our area but are considering the long drive to enjoy this restaurant again!Special Features:
- Tapas!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/17/2014First experience with Tapas and will definitely go again! Great service and food was excellent. I want to try their Paella next time. The BBQ Pork and Scallop Tapas were quite delicious. Their steak dishes also very good. My wife loved their Truffle Mashed Potatoes.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurant in Newark!fhpfoodieDined on 8/17/2014Great food and service! The decor is beautiful and very intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as UsualHeatherDined on 8/15/2014Fabulous Hummus and gambas. Always one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Hire New StaffDakotakate88Dined on 8/15/2014I made a reservation for 7:30pm and was forced to sit at the bar until 8pm when the bartender took pity on us and made the hostess do her job. Apparently there had been two booths open behind us for ateast 10 minutes. Our server was obnoxious and spoke to us like we were small children. The food was okay, but way too expensive for the amount of food on each plate. We ordered four small tapas plates with no drinks for $50 and grabbed burgers on the way home. So not worth it.Special Features:
- Amazing!anchor14Dined on 8/9/2014The food was excellent! I would highly recommend this restaurant especially as a date night. Sharing tapas was so much fun. Ambiance and service was phenomenol!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FYI411Dined on 8/9/2014We had celebrated three birthdays at area restaurants and hands down the owner and staff and Ole Tapas took it to the next level with their personal attention to detail to make the dinner a very special night out for my wife.Special Features:
- a taste of Spainrobo1Dined on 8/1/2014Service was timely and attentive and the food and atmosphere reminded us of an elegant restaurant on the Ramblas of BarcelonaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mix and matchReviewDined on 7/31/2014loved it. once you mix and match several tapas dishes it makes a very filling mealSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/25/2014Excellent Paella! Staff makes you feel like family.
- Great experienceJohnDined on 7/21/2014I enjoy tapas and this was excellent. It was the first time my dining companions had tapas and they absolutely loved it. We will be back. Service was excellent and very friendly explaining in good detail what the dishes were.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has matured wellDelawareBYOBerDined on 7/18/2014This was our second time there. The first was right after it first opened several years ago; clearly the staff was in training. Now they are polished and the menu has plenty of traditional tapas and entree choices plus a variety of interesting other plates. Our server put in our order to pace the arrival of our 5 tapas plates, and they arrived hot and fresh. A very good job all around, and we plan to go back again soon, perhaps for the 'ceviche festival' they are doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't judge a book by its coveralisonDined on 7/13/2014The standard strip mall facade does not serve the restaurant well, but one inside the delicious, authentic & beautifully prepared food will win you over. Eating tapas is a fun experience, for a date night out a group dinner. This place is a hidden gem among the other disappointing choices on Kirkwood highway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eatsBerkDined on 7/7/2014My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed this tapas experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceBluemargeDined on 7/5/2014Very Spanish (NOT MEXICAN). Service is great. Food is exceptional. Great for couples and groups. A real Gem. Duck tapas is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure what happenedreeserDined on 6/30/2014I have been to Ole many times. My experience this week was much different than any other time I've eaten there. Service was painfully slow, even though we were one of only five tables dining in the entire restaurant. Our waitress was friendly but inattentive. One of our dishes came out without a main ingredient, no explanation. When we asked, we were told they were out of it. We sent it back and asked if we could order something different, but no one ever came back to ask us what we'd like to replace it with. They did make up for this by allowing us to use 2 coupons instead of their usual policy of 1 per table, but it was still frustrating. Hopefully they were just having an off night, because Ole was previously one of my favorites.
- Great Find for us.RoninBearDined on 6/27/2014Never judge a book by it's cover! Was not expecting the treat within it's outward appearance. We will certainly retun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BEST Spanish cuisine in DEakd0714Dined on 6/26/2014I've been going to Ole Tapas for years and I must say it is by far my favorite Spanish restaurant, and overall my favorite spot in Delaware. The food is always amazing. The staff is friendly and helpful. I will be going here for years to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 449 reviews are from the Ole Tapas Lounge & Restaurant reviews archive.
- AAA++++++OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/24/2014Went on a date and had a great time.... Good and service was excellent!!!! We are going back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WAHOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/21/2014The service was great. We were seated promptly at a very comfortable booth and our beverage order was taken right away. Servers were knowledgable, friendly and attentive. We had Queso Frito and Ceviche as Tappas and for main course, Churasco and Picanha. Tres Leches followed for dessert. All was excellent. Will definaty go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ole!KristinaDined on 6/20/2014My bf and I dined at Ole Tapas on 6/20 and really enjoyed it. We started with a pitcher of the red sangria and thought it was great! We ordered 2 items off of the regular menu; salmon ceviche and steak with chimichuri sauce and they were perfect! They were both so incredibly deliscious and flavorful, we wanted to order more but held back. They were having a Latin American Food Festival which had a special menu so we also ordered 2 items from there; papas al la hurancha (sp?) and arroz con pollo. The papas were so good and that's saying a lot because my bf is Peruvian and his family makes the best! We weren't in love with the arroz con pollo...it was okay. Overall we will 100% be back and would recommend Ole Tapas to all of our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarlaBDined on 6/15/2014Our go to place. Revolving menu and wine list - always make it interesting.Special Features:
- Excellent TapasKMartDined on 6/14/2014Great tapas selection and each one is delicious. Sangria is also very good, but if you're not a fan, plenty of other cocktails and beers to choose from. Great meal overall!Special Features:
- Always wonderfulpwoodsideVIPDined on 6/14/2014Few places keep me coming back for more the way Ole does. The patatas bravas alone would be enough reason, but the fact that the staff and owner always make you feel welcome and remembered doesn't hurt either. Each of my reviews are the same for Ole - always amazing, the food is outstanding, and the staff, inviting. Thank you again for a wonderful evening! Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Unexpectedly GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/11/2014We chose this restaurant for dinner based on reviews on the internet whilst on holidays. Food was amazingly creative, fresh and tasty. Smaller dishes allowed us to try more than going with some of the standard larger meals. Lentil stew, lamb meatballs and molten chocolate cake were outstanding as were the available cocktails and mixed drinks. Need to revisit next time we are Delaware to try the scallops which sounded delicious but unfortunately they had run out by the time we ordered. Staff and owner were genuinely friendly with no pretensions and willing to explain dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.