Olde Towne Bistro Oyster Bar
36 wellington East
Toronto, ON M5E 1C7Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
CanadianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Olde Towne Bistro Oyster Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oldetowneoysterbar.com/
- Phone: 4165049990x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, French / Canadian, Canadian
- Executive Chef: Keith Hosein
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Olde Towne Bistro Oyster Bar
Lucien restaurant is closing, rebranding, reopening as Olde Towne Bistro Oyster Bar under same ownership with a great new menu...If you enjoyed Lucien before, be sure to come by and visit us now :)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Olde Towne Bistro Oyster Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- First impressionsBurgundyDined on 12/10/2013Food is excellent. Service is friendly but not overbearing. Portions are small but delicious. Great wine selection. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewProbablynotsophisticatedDined on 11/26/2013The food was okay. It wasn't the worst but it wasn' t the best. The portions were really small for the price. My friend and I ordered $60+ of food and we still had to go to another restaurant afterwards because we were so hungry. I wouldn't mind having paid the price if what we ate was delicious but it was average food you can find at other establishments. The ambience however was really nice as it i was well designed.Special Features:
- Amazing and well priced.elRonconVIPDined on 11/23/2013The dishes are delicious. Started eith an assortment of oysters & orderd the tuna, scallops, terrine & sausage. Fantastic meal and friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2013Had a great time. You can't go wrong with great food and great service. I appreciated that we weren't hurried through our courses and were able to enjoy the wine and the food. Everyone in my party of four enjoyed the main dish that they ordered the oysters that were ordered to start were delicious. Would highly recommend I am sure I will return in the future.Special Features:
- very enjoyableFrancesDined on 11/8/2013staff was very attentive without being intrusive food was delectable enjoyed the evening with great friends, good food and wine will go back thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful pre-theatre spotAuroraDined on 10/24/2013I invited a few friends from out of town to the theatre and dinner. Simon treated us very well - lots of fun, great food and good wine suggestions. The oysters were fresh, they accommodated some of our antics. All was good. I would recommend highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lamb overcookedbornhungryVIPDined on 9/21/2013I orded the lamb and asked for it medium rare and was told by the server there was no other way to serve lamb. OK so far but when it arrived it was well done. When I expressed surprise I was told that the piece was tought and therefore the Chef had to overcook. I was not impressed and told the server. She at least comped our wine but overall not a great dining experience.
- Oustanding food. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2013Oustanding food. Service was good throughout the evening, until the very end when the owner came over to let us know he is expecting a group of ten to arrive. It was the first weekend of TIFF so understandable, but we did not feel we overstayed our welcome, so could have been handled differently. Other than that really nice place and would recommend for a nice romantic dinner or a special celebration.Special Features:
- my wife and i agree on somethingramblinjalDined on 8/29/2013great food, great service...would recommend and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EngagementTorontoGuyDined on 8/8/2013I came to Lucien to celebrate my engagement with my fiancé and after asking for a nice romantic table and some wine. The staff exceeded my expectations and created a very fun and romantic evening. Table 4!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tops in Torontohil10Dined on 7/29/2013The food at Lucien was spectacular. Best fish in years....very subtle and interesting flavors. Quite expensive but worth the experience. Remaining food was also very good. We will return. Service was also excellent.Special Features:
- Really stellar menu for thejyimmersDined on 7/20/2013Really stellar menu for the price that we were paying at Summerlicious. Waiter was friendly but a bit overbearing at times.Special Features:
- First time to LucienfoodandtravelDined on 7/19/2013My friend and I went to Lucien for Summerlicious. A friend recommended this restaurant to me. We had a early dinner on a Friday night. I started off with the chilled cantelope soup with house cured pork and garnished with grissini. My main was a Cumbrian farms marinated beef brisket with green beans and almond crumble. This was prepared differently, it was a little on the sweet side to my likeing. Presentation was beautiful. I highly recommend the house made tofu, flavoured with almond milk and fresh berries, lemon sorbet and garnished with local mint. I would return to Lucien just for the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious at LucienOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2013Some work colleagues and I went to Lucien for Summerlicious lunch on a Friday and overall, we had a good experience. The food was good eventhough the portions size were a little small. The restaurant is not big so it is highly recommended to book in advance. When we went, it looked likes that they accepted to many walkins and had a little bit of an issue with the reservations. The service was good though very slow towards the end of the lunch. I would go again but not for an special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingPRKPgourmandDined on 7/16/2013To slice some pound cake and put three ripe cherries on top and a dollop of cream and have the pretention of calling it " cherry jubilee" is absurd! The appetizer for "summerlicious" chosen was not better. Shredded, lettuce in some dressing with some smoked chicken thst could have come from a supermarket pouch and a couple of jalapeno peppers from the jar! Rushed service, loud, delusional spot! Summerlicious is their chance to wow new guests. Didn't happen here!
- My coworker and I came forAmandaDined on 7/15/2013My coworker and I came for the Summerlicious lunch menu. Our reservations were for 12:30PM and we didn't end up leaving until 2PM. I have never had a Summerlicious lunch end up taking that long. Our waitress never came by to tell us if they were backed up in the kitchen or anything and both my co-worker and I had a meeting at 2PM. The food was great but we both ended up feeling really disappointed by the service.Special Features:
- Good food but bad servicesmoothieDined on 7/13/2013Went here with some friends for Summerlicious and the food was really good. We had an older server and found that his service was terrible. We barely saw our server and had to ask other servers for water, even than it took a while. We were constantly waiting for our food to come out. The only person that actually noticed was the manager who seemed to be running around picking up the slack. for a simple 3 course summerlicious dinner it took over 2 hours for all of our food to come out.Special Features:
- SummerliciousLeeLeeDined on 7/11/2013I dined at Lucien during Lunch on a busy Thursday. There was a Summerlicious promotion going on and for $20 we each received our choice of appetizer, entree and dessert. It was a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2013We had a wonderful lunch and the service was attentive and pleasant. We would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good lunchLudditeDined on 7/9/2013My husband works close to Lucien so we met for lunch last week - it was excellent. I used the name Luddite because I don't often put my opinion out there but the lunch was so good I am this time.Special Features:
- Summerlicious:not a good time to goLolaDined on 7/6/2013We had a reservation for 6, but we were put in a back corner at a table for 4. We were doubled up on 2 sides of a table so much that we were touching elbows while eating. We had to climb over chairs to get out. (Not cool with older people.) Though the manager came to apoligize for the squishy table he did not do anything about it. The food took way too long. We kept asking when it was coming and were told it was on its way. 45 minutes later is arrived (between courses). I think they were trying to get us the buy the bread, or more overpriced $15 drinks. Drinks were overpriced and the ice water was warm. Unfortunately I don't think I will ever go there again. The food was delicious when it arrived, though the portions were small.Special Features:
- Recommended for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2013Excellent service with food prepared and served to a high level. Makes a very special occasion. Food well priced for the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as alwayscremainsDined on 6/10/2013Great and diverse wine list Interesting and unexpected combinations of ingredients Every plate was excellentSpecial Features:
- Loved Lucien!flyndineVIPDined on 6/8/2013First the there. Appreciated the preferred seating as requesting in our notes to the restaurant. Service was warm and attentive. Both fish mains were delicious. Venison tartare was amazing! Side veggies were ordered off-menu and were presented with the most care and attention than any other restaurant we've ever been to. We will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love LucienOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/23/2013We've been more than a few times and I love their food, wine list, service and the overall sense of "dining-out." I find the service impeccable - attentive, knowledgeable and friendly - no attitude here. We have been so pleased over the years that we had our office seasonal party for 35 people and again we were delighted with ... everything. A wonderful place ... do put Lucien in your plans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodPaulDined on 5/16/2013Loved the food and the service was excellent. Downside was the restaurant was cold and even though we asked for the ac to be switched off they would only leave if off for short periods. This aside the food deserves a busier restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bon ApeptiteDiner1Dined on 5/11/2013A very enjoyable evening at Lucien with out of town guests. All the dishes we ordered were very good, though I had a momentary worry that the menu was not very large. The wine list was well chosen for our pallette, and complimented the food very well. Overall most enjoyable!Special Features:
- What a lovely surpriseSFAEVIPDined on 5/8/2013I loved this restaurant. The design was lovely. The food was innovative and good. The service was delightful. Would go again in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service werefoodiesVIPDined on 5/4/2013The food and service were excellent. Choices are interesting and flavorful, and make each course strong. The knowledgeable staff keep your water glasses full without asking and give great suggestions on dishes to try. The only downside was the tables were stacked in tightly, so we felt like we were dining with the strangers next to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!TravelWellDined on 5/4/2013Our server was very knowledgeable and attentive to our needs. For our starter we shared the Red Beet Salad with candied citrus, organic greens chilled vinaigrette, beet cedar meringue that was amazing. Both our entrees tasted great, some truly unique flavour’s going one. The Pan Roasted Perth County Pork served with Buckwheat pappardelle, golden beets sauerkraut, horseradish jus was super and the Cumbrae's Angus Beef Striploin Pomme Sautee, button mushroom parsley emulsion, sauce Diane was yummy. We shared the Buckwheat Roulade Walnut praline, sweet potato ice cream maple syrup, whipped bacon for desert; what can I say other than wow! We will be back!Special Features:
- great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2013Went here before seeing a play, and had a fantastic meal. Delicious pasta, perfectly cooked fish and a decadent cheesecake to finish. Looking forward to my next visitSpecial Features:
- 3 hours to deliver 3 course mealOrtolanVIPDined on 4/12/2013My partner and I stopped in at 6pm to try their early evening 3 course prix fixe. The small restaurant was soon overrun with the pre-theatre crowd to the point where they begun turning people away. Unfortunately when we were asked by our server if we were seeing a show we answered no. This seemed to result in an instant de-prioritization for our table. Our first course took nearly an hour to arrive and it was three hours in all before we had finished our dessert course and settled the bill. Our server did bring complimentary drinks to apologize for the delay which was appreciated. However, some advice: stopping by out table to check if everything is ok but then walking away before we've even responded is worse than not asking at all.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013As always - the food and service at Lucien was great. We will be back again soonSpecial Features:
- We'll be back!SuzamcqVIPDined on 3/23/2013Great meal at Lucien. Ever since Bistro 990 closed we've been looking for a great French resto. Service was outstanding. We'll be back!! Four of us ate there and we all loved each item we ordered: tuna appetizer was fantastic. Grilled arctic char was great...a friend had the deer tartare (if you like deer meat you will enjoy this dish). Great job Lucien!Special Features: