Old Village Post House
101 Pitt Street
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464Neighborhood:
Low CountryPrice: $30 and under
Old Village Post House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.oldvillageposthouse.com/
- Phone: (843) 388-8935
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly from 5:30pm
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am – 2:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday – Friday 5:00pm – 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Low Country, Southern
- Executive Chef: Frank Lee
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Tucked into Mt. Pleasant's historic Old Village, the Old Village Post House lends true Lowcountry charm and warm hospitality to events of all styles in all seasons.
- Private Party Contact: Katie Hajjar 8886413193
A word from Old Village Post House
The Old Village Post House is a neighborhood tavern and inn nestled in Mount Pleasant’s historic Old Village. In feel and décor, it’s as comfortable as your best friend’s home – from the original worn pine floors to our lively tavern. We delight in the quality of our producers and devote ourselves to skillful preparation that brings joy to both maker and guest. We believe the tastiest fare is even better with noteworthy wines and cocktails. And, we believe in only the warmest hospitality, whether you're joining us for an event, a cocktail, brunch, dinner or an overnight stay.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerLow Country
Old Village Post House - Best Restaurants in Mount Pleasant ›
Old Village Post House reviews from OpenTable diners
197 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (162)fit for foodies (117)special occasion (114)romantic (90)great for outdoor dining (55)great for brunch (52)good for groups (32)notable wine list (26)great for lunch (16)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (12)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (4)scenic view (4)Show More
- A great and reliable restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/26/2014This place was great! We ate in the main dining room and even though the kitchen was less than ten feet away, we weren't disturbed by it. The food was incredible. We had the truffle fries and shrimp creole. Both were so tasty. If I had to find a downside to our experience, it would be the fact that the tables are close together. We could hear our neighbors' entire discussion and I'm sure they could hear ours. Overall, I would recommend the Old Village Post House to anyone looking for a good southern meal.Special Features:
- Best findPdemoreVIPDined on 7/23/2014What an amazing Resturant close to Wild Dunes where we are staying on vacation. Food and Service was top shelf. Resturant is located in a neighborhood that is a 2 minute walk to water with great views of Charleston. We liked it so much we are going back tonight and hope to sit outside.Special Features:
- I'll be backWHATARIPPOFFDined on 7/22/2014Dessert could have been better. Need more local favorites. Had chocolate pie (which was more like a French silk and a cheesecake), and sorbet. Chocolate pie in the south should be a custard with a "mile high" meringue. And lemon for the sorbet was not the "seasonal local fruit". I would have expected a peach sorbet.Special Features:
- One of the best in charleston areaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Great food, great service, great place. First choice to eat at whenever I have a special occasion or just want to treat friends to a great place. Local ingredients are phenomenal as is the service and kitchen staff. A must go to for everyone.Special Features:
- Wonderful Anniversary DinnerGinnyDined on 7/21/2014We booked a table in a corner of the Tavern (per recommendation) We were treated to a glass of champagne , a card on the table wishing us a Happy Anniversary, great waitress, food was super! We both had one of the specials and topped by a decadent dessert! Our first time here, won't be our last!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a delightHoosierDined on 7/20/2014I have frequented Old Village Post House for Sunday Brunch and at least once for an evening dinner. Nothing has disappointed us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review titleclasbyfxDined on 7/20/2014Special thanks to Katie Hajjar for seating me in my favorite seat- in the far corner with a window view of the 'Old Village'! The service, pace and food combined with thoughtful conversation made my meal an event for memories!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first romantic dinnerGregVIPDined on 7/19/2014I brought my new girlfriend to the Old Village Post House because I wanted to spoil her on our first "date night". We had a great Saturday evening in July, and enjoyed everything about the restaurant. Just before dessert, I surprised her with a gift of emerald earrings and a matching emerald necklace. It was a memorable evening, and we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Manhattan, dirty curtainsFishyVIPDined on 7/18/2014Downstairs had new chairs and crisp clean table cloths - upstairs was poorly painted, curtains wrikled and dirty, food was fabulous, service was well done but overall upstairs was shabbySpecial Features:
- great food in historic neighborhoodannieVIPDined on 7/18/2014Elegant restaurant. Gourmet food, excellent quality, bacon wrapped pork tenderloin was amazing.Special Features:
- Charming Restaurant & InnNancybDined on 7/12/2014Lovely restaurant in historic Mount Plesant area. Great food, limited menu, excellent service. Small outside eating area along with dining areas on first & second floors of vintage house. Great place for couples & foodiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerdingoDined on 7/11/2014Amazing date night location. Had a perfect table in the corner. Wait staff made great suggestions. We started with mussels and continued with the flounder and veg plate. All cooked perfectly. Finished with ice cream sundae and a trifle. Couldn't ask for a better experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!patrickbryantDined on 7/10/2014Had a nice seat in the main dinging room. Our entire party loved the food.
- Tuesday NightLillyparkeVIPDined on 7/8/2014Our dinner was great. I had the Grouper and it was cooked perfectly. I had bites of the Fried Shrimp app as well as the Burger and both were quite tasty. Food was on point. Service lacked. Our waiter was knowledgeable about the menu but was slow and forgot our drinks a couple of times. Still a great place to eat! I would definitely give it a second chance.Special Features:
- great dinnerNYdinerDined on 7/7/2014I had the veggie plate and it was amazing. The panne cotta was extraordinary. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- NickelDined on 7/4/2014Very small but still quiet. The kitchen is partially open to the room but no noise from there. How do they do it? My husband particularly enjoyed his fish dishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedCSHnCHSVIPDined on 7/3/2014A local favorite. Nice ambience. Good food, interesting and fresh specials. Unhurried. Consistently excellent.Special Features:
- Post House DinnerfoodieDined on 7/2/2014We had dinner last Wednesday night and the food was fantastic. I had the seafood special which was a local fish and my husband had shrimp creole. The service was exceptional. This is one of our favorite restaurants now.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2014Brunch at the Post House exceeded all of our expectations as usual! They never disappoint, always serving excellent food with gracious service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tasty surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/29/2014Great brunch spot. First time and can't wait to go again. Good brunch cocktails too. Def recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Find - Don't Miss this GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2014The Old Village Post House was recommended by a homeowner nearby and are we ever glad we decided to try their brunch. One of the very best meals we have had in Charleston area (Mount Pleasant). Staff was super and the setting and surrounding homes are remarkable. We only tried brunch but I would definitely go back for any meal. Our French Toast and omelet meals were done to perfection...nothing else to say!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KKloves ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014Post House has been one of my favorite restaurants in MT PLeasant for some years now. My daughters bridesmaid luncheon was held here this past January a wonderful brunch was served could not have been more perfect.Special Features:
- Just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014My wife and I have eaten at the Post House many times and enjoyed it. However, we just had an 'okay' dining experience. The deviled crabs were too deviled and the reduction sauce on my wife's beef tasted like BBQ sauce.Special Features:
- Real foodMadelineDined on 6/27/2014Post House, unlike so many new trendy places, serves straightforward food, not gimmicked up, but perfectly prepared and beautifully presented. The prices are not inflated and wine list extensive enough to satisfy anyone's taste. The noise level allows for conversation and service is excellent.Special Features:
- Great Post House ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2014The Post House is an amazing dining experience in Charleston with great service and a seasonally inspired menu. Our waitress was knowledgable and did a great job guiding us with our menu decisions. Overall a fabulous experience and we shall be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyjsouthernbelleDined on 6/22/2014Food was very good but we were seated next to a large group that was very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classycharlestongirl1986Dined on 6/22/2014Great location, great for conversation at dinner, memorable dining, very good wine!! Eating outside is fun when weather permits! We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodeastcoasteaterDined on 6/22/2014Great service and beautiful dining room. Sunday brunch was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScooperDined on 6/22/2014Brunch was delicious and unique as usual. We are regular customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birdchickDined on 6/21/2014Long time since I had last had a meal here, but the food was exceptional. The service was great and the overall experience was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day BrunchDrNoDined on 6/15/2014Excellent once again. Service, food and atmosphere were top shelf. Charleston crab soup is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/12/2014As always, a great evening with super food and wine pairing. Local sourcing and creative dishes make this a very special restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014We celebrated 47 year anniversary there, and the food, staff, roses on the table were all very special, and it was just overall GREAT!Special Features:
- Top Charleston Dining:An Inn ThingEagerdinerDined on 6/8/2014Combined pleasure with business and received many recommendations for great dining in Charleston. Several friends supplied lists and we honed in on same restaurants appearing on multiple lists. The group that owns Old Village Post House Inn were noted on several lists so we decided to try it since it was near Charleston Harbor Resort where we stayed for 4 nights. We ate at two restaurants owned by a different restaurant group in Charleston for a lunch and dinner and still preferred and praised the exquisite food, charming setting and informed/professional service of the Old Village Post House Inn. A MUST try!Special Features:
- Isa999VIPDined on 6/8/2014Loved the veggie plate, maybe a little bit salty but great variety!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014Ambience is very nice. Visited with old friends and it was quiet so conversation was easy. Tuna was recommended as excellent for appetizer and was tasteless. There are no entrees that are heart healthy. The beet salad was excellent. 2 of the 4 meals were incorrect with the wrong meat or no meat placed as ordered. For living in Charleston and the many options available, I will not be back there anytime in the near future. This was a disappointment since previous experiences were good
- SCgirlDined on 6/7/2014Great food-great service-interesting history in a charming neighborhood of old Mt. Pleasant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucked OutOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/6/2014My husband and I went to the Old Village Post House to celebrate my second full year of teaching. It definitely did not disappoint! We somehow managed to get the upstairs room by ourselves. It was nice and quiet, and the food was very good. When we left the building, we went through the downstairs- the noise level jumped from 'quiet' to 'energetic'. The only downside was that the truffle fries were not as good as the last time we went- but they were still very good. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!kathVIPDined on 6/4/2014We had the Quail and Lamb for main course, but were very good. We always try to make the trip to Mt. Pleasant when we come to Charleston, it's worth the drive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liked ItHmb1VIPDined on 6/1/2014Very good brunch after four days of eating out at all the top spots in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.