Old Village Post House
101 Pitt Street
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464Neighborhood:
Low CountryPrice: $30 and under
Old Village Post House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.oldvillageposthouse.com/
- Phone: 8433888935
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly from 5:30pm
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am – 2:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday – Friday 5:00pm – 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Low Country, Southern
- Executive Chef: Frank Lee
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Tucked into Mt. Pleasant's historic Old Village, the Old Village Post House lends true Lowcountry charm and warm hospitality to events of all styles in all seasons.
- Private Party Contact: Katie Hajjar 8886413193
A word from Old Village Post House
The Old Village Post House is a neighborhood tavern and inn nestled in Mount Pleasant’s historic Old Village. In feel and décor, it’s as comfortable as your best friend’s home – from the original worn pine floors to our lively tavern. We delight in the quality of our producers and devote ourselves to skillful preparation that brings joy to both maker and guest. We believe the tastiest fare is even better with noteworthy wines and cocktails. And, we believe in only the warmest hospitality, whether you're joining us for an event, a cocktail, brunch, dinner or an overnight stay.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Old Village Post House - Best Restaurants in Mount Pleasant ›
Old Village Post House reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (152)fit for foodies (112)special occasion (107)romantic (80)great for outdoor dining (56)great for brunch (50)good for groups (26)notable wine list (21)kid-friendly (14)great for lunch (13)scenic view (8)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)Show More
- Warm gathering placedoIhavetoVIPDined on 10/16/2014Six of us enjoyed catching up over delicious food - three enjoyed the flounder. One was happy to get the local swordfish. Old Village Post House is a charming spot to enjoy good company and good food in a traditional "inn -like" atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yelling Chefs!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/15/2014The restaurant space is too tight, a few tables sitting with other dinners. The open space to the kitchen where all servers congregate only adds to the poor ambiance. But the chefs who felt all of dinners wanted to know the status of every cooking detail really ruined the night. From loudly announcing "5 flounders...to where's the feta on twelve...right here chef" all was way more than any of us cared to hear. If the chefs really feel the need to shout out every action, then the restaurant needs to install sound proof glass so the dinners can hold a conversation and enjoy their meals. Lastly the special Seafood Prilou was a huge disappointment. Small quantity of seafood, slimy okra, no taste even though advertised as creole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Experience!HarborEntrepreneurDined on 10/5/2014Our favorite Sunday brunch destination! I've never had French toast so good, and the chefs always have exceptional specials. Service is relaxed, yet attentive. Wine list is thoughtful and cocktails are creative . Simply put, the Old Village Post House is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who knew? Close to CharlestonCFR123Dined on 10/5/2014Was curious about this Old Village area of Mt Pleasant, SC. Delighted that we were able to get a reservation this past weekend. A charming eatery in a lovely area. Delicious meal!! Definitely recommended.Special Features:
- A great night outSTEWARTDined on 10/2/2014The evening was lovely for the three of us. We sat in a corner table and the noise level was very low, we had no problems hearing each other. I enjoyed the tomato soup while my wife and a friend shared the mussels appetizer (which was large enough for a main course). They both had a different fish dish for their main course and each one thought their meal was great. I had the flat iron steak and it was excellent. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The wine list is more than adequate to complement all of the menu items. Our servers were attentive to our needs.Special Features:
- Great spotJackDined on 9/23/2014We come to the area every year and always come to the Village PostSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningiluv2eatDined on 9/22/2014We were greatly impressed with the overall experience. Service was very impressive and attentive. Food well prepared and presented. Loved the atmosphere and would want to eat outside(unfortunately it was drizzling on our night) as it is quite attractive. When I return to Charleston, I will definitely visit the Old Village Post house again.Special Features:
- Our FavoriteBonappetitVIPDined on 9/20/2014The Old Village Post House never disappoints. We love the food, atmosphere and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!lovetodineVIPDined on 9/19/2014We had a magnificent meal, cocktails and wine. Our server, Ann Marie, was outstanding and attentive! The bar area on a Friday evening can become very busy and unfortunately the table next to us was talking so loudly my husband I couldn't carry on a conversation. But we love the Old Village Post House and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Always goodCSHnCHSVIPDined on 9/18/2014We go to this restaurant frequently and it is always good. Even when they have a capacity crowd, we never feel rushed. One of my favorites in the Charleston area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Great food and service in a lovely atmosphere. Surprisingly has more seating than it appears, as there are various dining rooms which helps keep background noise down and a more intimate feeling environment. Service here is fantastic.Special Features:
- Delightful DinnerlovegoodserviceDined on 9/12/2014We had reservations for 4 and called the day before to ask about adding another couple. They happily accommodated our request and we had a most delightful dinner! The table was ready when we arrived, the service was great and the meal was delicious! I had the pork tenderloin and everyone else had the shrimp and grits. It was all amazing. Wine list is great too. I highly recommend Old Village Post House for locals and visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding as alwaysmjack2460Dined on 9/10/2014Great service, ambiance and food! Post House always provides an outstanding dinning experience!Special Features:
- Do go to Old Village Post HouseLadyDiDined on 9/10/2014It's tucked away in the Old Village of Mt. Pleasant and definitely worth a trip from downtown Charleston (actually only 15-20 minutes from downtown). It's cozy with a lovely dining room, pretty patio and, my favorite place, the Tavern. Always good food and superb service. I like that you can select from a bar menu, from a main dining room menu and nice occasional, seasonal specials. The burger is definitely one to enjoy! The bartender makes a terrific Manhattan. And did I mention, it also is an Inn with 4-6 rooms (can't quite remember the exact number) that can be used for families, reunions and even bridle parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant weekbeach777Dined on 9/10/2014We have just recently moved to Mt. Pleasant and were able to enjoy a wonderful dinner at Old Village Post House during restaurant week. Having the opportunity to experience such a delicious dinner during restaurant week enabled us a wonderful experience. We will definitely return to this fine establishment. Not only was the food delicious, so too was the ambience and the wait staff. thank youSpecial Features:
- Love Old Village Post House!JscimoDined on 9/9/2014Old Village Post House is always on our list of places to go when we are in Charleston and we are never disappointed. One of our favorite restaurants!Special Features:
- Lovely meal843galDined on 9/9/2014We have been to the Post House several times and never disappointed. Great burgers and HH on the bar side and delicious thoughtful meals in the dining room. A real neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 😃carolinagirlDined on 9/8/2014Great food...Great service! We love this Mt. Pleasant restaurant. Food is consistently great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014I will be lusting for the entrees until I return to SCSpecial Features:
- Restaurant Week Specials.outWithoutTheKidsDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I went out for restaurant week and ate the Old Village Post House. We enjoyed a 3 course meal for $30.00 per person. All the items on the list to choose from came from their regular menu. We ate upstairs in a room that contained about 4 tables so the noise level was low. Other rooms in the house contained more room and the noise level appeared to be higher and more energetic in those areas. They also had outdoor dining but due to weather conditions that was not an option on the night we went. The food was very good and we would go back again especially for restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing bad, nothing great eitherthadbmeDined on 9/6/2014We this place to go for restaurant week as a 3 for 30 ordeal. Being associated with Maverick kitchens (High Cotton, and SNOB) are some praise, so it can't be that bad. Simply put this place is minor league compared to those bigger brothers. We didn't have anything bad, but there was nothing to write home to either. For the price we paid ($30 a piece) it was about right and I was not upset. However, if I were to have paid full price for the entrees I would have been upset. Food was okay, presentation was ok, service was okay, but it just didn't have anything that would jump out at me. If I were heading out for a nice place again, I would much rather go to one of the partner restaurants than this spot.Special Features:
- Date night with the wife.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014This place is great. The food was incredible, service was amazing and I would definitely recommend. It is somewhat of a local hidden gem tucked back in the Old Village near Shem Creek. You can get away from the bar scene at Shem Creek and sit down to a nice dinner in a very upscale restaurant just a block off of the harbor. After dinner, you can walk off the meal with a great stroll through the historic Old Village. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- What a night of good food!food4funDined on 9/6/2014Get the shrimp/corn/crab chowder, loaded with seafood in a delicate broth. The mussels are fabulous, generous serving with spicy sausage and broth for dipping. Pan roasted grouper was moist, flaky with flavor not lost in the cooking process. The 6oz filet of beef was seared, served on a reduction that required nothing else. No salt or pepper needed for any dishes! It has been some time since we enjoyed a meal there but this time was definitely superior. It is so nice to find a restaurant near home with such quality dishes! The servers were attentive and professional down to the water glasses. They also offer a very nice and varied wine selection. Don't miss the Post House chocolate pie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceHappydinerVIPDined on 9/6/2014Three of four of us had the flounder filet. Mine wasn't very well done...too thick. The tomato pie was delish! The apps were very good! Had bisque and the muscles. They were memorable! Dessert, panna cotta was excellent!! We all got the three for thirty for Restaurant Week!! Go!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceCharlestonvisitorsDined on 9/5/2014We celebrated our anniversary at the Old Village Post House and had a great experience. From the moment we got to the restaurant we were welcomed and congratulated for the special occasion. We got a great table and the waiter came with two free glasses of champagne. We particularly appreciated the nice card we found at our table congratulating us, which was signed by the restaurant's staff. Service and food were great and we enjoyed our dining experience very much.Special Features:
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014This was a nice change of pace from the usual restaurants. While the tables are a little close for intimate chat it is still a very romantic place to go and eat.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekKurtDined on 9/3/2014Great food and service. Nice to know they serve full portions on the price fixe menu. Take advantage of this great restaurant during restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday at The Old Village PostKeithDined on 9/3/2014While it was the first day of Charleston Restaurant week, the main reason for going was my birthday. It is a favorite place for me and has memories. Food was just outstanding. The server was very aware and on top of everything. His back up, Dalton, was the best I've ever had. Just keep doing what you do.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We found this gem of a restaurant while staying in Charleston. We had already experienced some wonderful meals in Charleston restaurants and looked to Mt. Pleasant for a different kind of dining experience. We were very pleasantly surprised to have found such an adorable place. Even more surprising was the fabulous food and marvelous service. We would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Brunch at the Post HouseAllanNanceVIPDined on 8/31/2014This is an annual find we visit once or twice a year when in Mt. Pleasant. The food is always great, the service superb and the Old Village Post House ambiance is at the top of anyplace in the area. We will return on our next trip to Charleston and the Low Country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post House Delivers2pagesDined on 8/31/2014The Old Village Post House has long been one of our favorites for brunch and we love taking visiting friends and family there when possible.Special Features:
- POST HOUSE BROUGHT IT HOME!SkipVIPDined on 8/30/2014From the moment we walked into the Post House, we knew we were going to have a very good dining experience. The staff at the maitre'd's station were very welcoming and seated us at a table that we requested on the tavern side of the restaurant. Our server, Lela, was attentive and knowledgeable and even brought us a tiny, complimentary goat cheese appetizer as new patrons of the restaurant. Everything we had--from the salad; seafood chowder; shrimp pirlou; and wine--met and exceeded our expectations. The manager, Noah, stopped by our table and was genuinely solicitous about our evening at the Old Village Post House. It was easy to tell him that we had an enjoyable meal. I believe I said: "You had us at the goat cheese!" We'll be back!Special Features:
- katieDined on 8/30/2014Excellent food and service. The space has lots of charm.Special Features:
- loved this restaurant!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Food and service was excellent! My husband and I went for his birthday . I got the crab cakes and he got the steak. They were both delicious! The staff was on top of everything with quick friendly service! We will definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Brought my out of town family here for dinner and they all loved it. The atmosphere is wonderful and the food is even better. All of us walked out very satisfied and happy we picked that spot.Special Features:
- capecodcapecodDined on 8/19/2014I cannot praise this lovely place enough! Everything is consistently wonderful - food, service, ambiance. I rate it among the top five restaurants in the Charleston area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellent4thecubsDined on 8/18/2014We have eaten at Old Village Post House several times and have had excellent food and excellent service every time. This dinner was a celebration for our 46th wedding anniversary. The staff all signed a card to give us best wishes, which was a nice and personal touch. They also gave us a glass of champagne. It is a very pleasant setting and offers an innovative menu. This evening the specials emphasized peach (drink, salad and dessert). We both had a seafood pirlou which was superb. We will go back again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Word: PHENOMENALJTorresDined on 8/17/2014I had the opportunity to dine here with my family and what an amazing experience we had. We got there right at 5:30pm when they began dinner service, so it was very quiet as we were one of two guests that had arrived, but we liked that. I love where it's located. It's a very quaint and peaceful part in Mt. Pleasant. The service was first-class and the food was AMAZING!!! My parents don't always have an opportunity to get out to dine and they can be picky eaters, but they loved what they ordered and were still talking about it days after. Great work you all! Thank you for a wonderful evening. This is must-add to your list of places to dine! I can't wait to come back :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JaneyEatsDined on 8/17/2014Recently discovered this restaurant while visiting the Charleston area and it is my absolute favorite. Have only had dinner and brunch here and it was amazing both times. Will have to visit once whenever I am in the area! Atmosphere, service and food selection are excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobandLyndaDined on 8/16/2014Good atmosphere for evening dining. Food is always good. One of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.