Old Village Post House
101 Pitt Street
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464Neighborhood:
Low CountryPrice: $30 and under
Old Village Post House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.oldvillageposthouse.com/
- Phone: 8433888935
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly from 5:30pm
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am – 2:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday – Friday 5:00pm – 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Low Country, Southern
- Executive Chef: Frank Lee
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Tucked into Mt. Pleasant's historic Old Village, the Old Village Post House lends true Lowcountry charm and warm hospitality to events of all styles in all seasons.
- Private Party Contact: Katie Hajjar 8886413193
A word from Old Village Post House
The Old Village Post House is a neighborhood tavern and inn nestled in Mount Pleasant’s historic Old Village. In feel and décor, it’s as comfortable as your best friend’s home – from the original worn pine floors to our lively tavern. We delight in the quality of our producers and devote ourselves to skillful preparation that brings joy to both maker and guest. We believe the tastiest fare is even better with noteworthy wines and cocktails. And, we believe in only the warmest hospitality, whether you're joining us for an event, a cocktail, brunch, dinner or an overnight stay.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerLow Country
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Old Village Post House - Best Restaurants in Mount Pleasant ›
Old Village Post House reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (144)special occasion (113)fit for foodies (97)romantic (88)great for brunch (64)great for outdoor dining (62)notable wine list (21)good for groups (18)great for lunch (15)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (10)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (5)Show More
- Wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Brought my out of town family here for dinner and they all loved it. The atmosphere is wonderful and the food is even better. All of us walked out very satisfied and happy we picked that spot.Special Features:
- capecodcapecodDined on 8/19/2014I cannot praise this lovely place enough! Everything is consistently wonderful - food, service, ambiance. I rate it among the top five restaurants in the Charleston area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellent4thecubsDined on 8/18/2014We have eaten at Old Village Post House several times and have had excellent food and excellent service every time. This dinner was a celebration for our 46th wedding anniversary. The staff all signed a card to give us best wishes, which was a nice and personal touch. They also gave us a glass of champagne. It is a very pleasant setting and offers an innovative menu. This evening the specials emphasized peach (drink, salad and dessert). We both had a seafood pirlou which was superb. We will go back again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Word: PHENOMENALJTorresDined on 8/17/2014I had the opportunity to dine here with my family and what an amazing experience we had. We got there right at 5:30pm when they began dinner service, so it was very quiet as we were one of two guests that had arrived, but we liked that. I love where it's located. It's a very quaint and peaceful part in Mt. Pleasant. The service was first-class and the food was AMAZING!!! My parents don't always have an opportunity to get out to dine and they can be picky eaters, but they loved what they ordered and were still talking about it days after. Great work you all! Thank you for a wonderful evening. This is must-add to your list of places to dine! I can't wait to come back :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JaneyEatsDined on 8/17/2014Recently discovered this restaurant while visiting the Charleston area and it is my absolute favorite. Have only had dinner and brunch here and it was amazing both times. Will have to visit once whenever I am in the area! Atmosphere, service and food selection are excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobandLyndaDined on 8/16/2014Good atmosphere for evening dining. Food is always good. One of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnersushiloverVIPDined on 8/16/2014We have been to the OVPH many times for wine dinners but never just for dinner. We obviously have been missing out on great dinners. The food was fantastic. The grouper was perfectly prepared with a lovely sweet corn tamale and the homemade fettucine with summer vegetables & braised chicken melted in my mouth. The hopping john side dish was yummy as well. All in all, a lovely dinner. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- ALWAYS WONDERFUL!CatherineDined on 8/15/2014The Post House is 1 1/2 blocks from my home. We have been there many, many times over the years and have ALWAYS been pleased with everything about this place. The service, food and atmosphere is always perfect. Last night we ate on the patio, it was simply lovely. We also love the bar area where it is intimate and clubby. The main dining room somehow always feels fresh, bright, sparkling and we love it for Sunday Brunch. We bring guests visiting the area here and they always smile and relax at this wonderful neighborhood restaurant and envy our good fortune to live in beautiful Mt. Pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful meal and serviceKellyDined on 8/9/2014I haven't been here in almost 10 years. I am not sure why? Everything was wonderful! The service was top notch! A great selection of specialty drinks made with fresh peaches and their own house brand, Maverick, bourbon, rum, wines, etc. We had mussels to start with, the sauce was perfect, not too garlicky, but enough to give great flavor. Fresh fish was wahoo and it was prepared perfectly. We had peach cobbler with ice cream for desert. Just perfect. We sat at the bar and Zack was our bartender and was so friendly. We will definitely be back when we visit the area again!Special Features:
- Another wonderful experienceMWK1313Dined on 8/9/2014This little gem is not to be missed. This is one of our local dining destinations when we aren't in the mood to go to downtown Charleston. It never disappoints. Early for our reservation, we sat at the bar. Our bartender, Zach, was delightful, knowledgeable and entertaining. From the second we stepped into the front door, the staff was affable and lovely. The food was, as usual, delicious. We will continue our tradition of having the Old Post on our list of favorites during our visit.
- TasterDined on 8/9/2014All-in-all the whole dining experience was most enjoyable with the exception that my Wahoo had a bit of a "fishy" taste, while my wife's Wahoo did not!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable eveningCoCoDined on 8/6/2014Staff were very welcoming and setting perfect to dine with friends who you want to enjoy an evening with. Food was good- not outstanding . Menu selection great with sourthen dishes that are prepared in a southern manner and not all gussied up.Special Features:
- Not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014It has been years since we have eaten at Old Village Post House. This dinner reminded us why. Husband's gazpacho had few veggies but tomatoes, no heat, and so salty he ate only half. The waitress asked if there was a problem, he said it was too salty for his taste. My watermelon/tomato salad, was okay. However, my grouper was raw in the middle, the avocado lime salad was a green goo artistically placed on the plate, and the tamale was all masa, with a couple of corn kernels here and there. A watercress, tomato, and corn salad was nice. I ate that and the top and bottom of the fish which was the cooked part. Husband's special black drum was fine, but nothing special. We declined dessert. It will be years before we return.
- Never disappoints us!ClosedVIPDined on 8/2/2014Had seafood and it was wonderful! We were with family we hadnot seen in years and it was a very special dinner. Thanks for not disappointing us!Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and serviceAnniversaryDinerDined on 8/2/2014Only thing better than the food was the setting in this charming old house with a very engaging server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DowntowncharlestonDined on 8/1/2014Always great food and service. Quaint. Can be noisy if group event upstairsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service and foodmtpleasantdinersDined on 8/1/2014enjoyable dinner on back patio....good food, nice wait staff, good atmosphere, out of town guests enjoyed very muchSpecial Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceCarolineCHSDined on 7/31/2014I've been to Old Village Post House many times, but my most recent trip was a very special occasion. They did not disappoint. The service was impeccable, the food outstanding. The staff timed our multi-course meal so that we were able to fully enjoy the experience without ever feeling rushed. As always, the food was delightful (no matter how full you are, dessert is a must). It was a night to remember, and I look forward to future celebrations at the Post House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sisters night outmarnotDined on 7/27/2014This is the second year that the 4 sisters went to Old Post House for a night out. We have truly enjoyed the food and the service. Some of the favorites from last year were gone, but we hope they will return in due time. We plan to come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative, fresh dishesCindyVIPDined on 7/27/2014We loved the variations on classic dishes, and the freshness of the ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT BRUNCHluv2eatVIPDined on 7/27/2014A great place for Brunch! What a find. Terrific service and to die for desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great and reliable restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/26/2014This place was great! We ate in the main dining room and even though the kitchen was less than ten feet away, we weren't disturbed by it. The food was incredible. We had the truffle fries and shrimp creole. Both were so tasty. If I had to find a downside to our experience, it would be the fact that the tables are close together. We could hear our neighbors' entire discussion and I'm sure they could hear ours. Overall, I would recommend the Old Village Post House to anyone looking for a good southern meal.Special Features:
- Best findPdemoreVIPDined on 7/23/2014What an amazing Resturant close to Wild Dunes where we are staying on vacation. Food and Service was top shelf. Resturant is located in a neighborhood that is a 2 minute walk to water with great views of Charleston. We liked it so much we are going back tonight and hope to sit outside.Special Features:
- I'll be backWHATARIPPOFFDined on 7/22/2014Dessert could have been better. Need more local favorites. Had chocolate pie (which was more like a French silk and a cheesecake), and sorbet. Chocolate pie in the south should be a custard with a "mile high" meringue. And lemon for the sorbet was not the "seasonal local fruit". I would have expected a peach sorbet.Special Features:
- One of the best in charleston areaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Great food, great service, great place. First choice to eat at whenever I have a special occasion or just want to treat friends to a great place. Local ingredients are phenomenal as is the service and kitchen staff. A must go to for everyone.Special Features:
- Wonderful Anniversary DinnerGinnyDined on 7/21/2014We booked a table in a corner of the Tavern (per recommendation) We were treated to a glass of champagne , a card on the table wishing us a Happy Anniversary, great waitress, food was super! We both had one of the specials and topped by a decadent dessert! Our first time here, won't be our last!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a delightHoosierDined on 7/20/2014I have frequented Old Village Post House for Sunday Brunch and at least once for an evening dinner. Nothing has disappointed us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review titleclasbyfxDined on 7/20/2014Special thanks to Katie Hajjar for seating me in my favorite seat- in the far corner with a window view of the 'Old Village'! The service, pace and food combined with thoughtful conversation made my meal an event for memories!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Manhattan, dirty curtainsFishyVIPDined on 7/18/2014Downstairs had new chairs and crisp clean table cloths - upstairs was poorly painted, curtains wrikled and dirty, food was fabulous, service was well done but overall upstairs was shabbySpecial Features:
- great food in historic neighborhoodannieVIPDined on 7/18/2014Elegant restaurant. Gourmet food, excellent quality, bacon wrapped pork tenderloin was amazing.Special Features:
- Charming Restaurant & InnNancybDined on 7/12/2014Lovely restaurant in historic Mount Plesant area. Great food, limited menu, excellent service. Small outside eating area along with dining areas on first & second floors of vintage house. Great place for couples & foodiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerdingoDined on 7/11/2014Amazing date night location. Had a perfect table in the corner. Wait staff made great suggestions. We started with mussels and continued with the flounder and veg plate. All cooked perfectly. Finished with ice cream sundae and a trifle. Couldn't ask for a better experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!patrickbryantDined on 7/10/2014Had a nice seat in the main dinging room. Our entire party loved the food.
- Tuesday NightLillyparkeDined on 7/8/2014Our dinner was great. I had the Grouper and it was cooked perfectly. I had bites of the Fried Shrimp app as well as the Burger and both were quite tasty. Food was on point. Service lacked. Our waiter was knowledgeable about the menu but was slow and forgot our drinks a couple of times. Still a great place to eat! I would definitely give it a second chance.Special Features:
- great dinnerNYdinerDined on 7/7/2014I had the veggie plate and it was amazing. The panne cotta was extraordinary. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- NickelDined on 7/4/2014Very small but still quiet. The kitchen is partially open to the room but no noise from there. How do they do it? My husband particularly enjoyed his fish dishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedCSHnCHSVIPDined on 7/3/2014A local favorite. Nice ambience. Good food, interesting and fresh specials. Unhurried. Consistently excellent.Special Features:
- Post House DinnerfoodieDined on 7/2/2014We had dinner last Wednesday night and the food was fantastic. I had the seafood special which was a local fish and my husband had shrimp creole. The service was exceptional. This is one of our favorite restaurants now.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2014Brunch at the Post House exceeded all of our expectations as usual! They never disappoint, always serving excellent food with gracious service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tasty surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/29/2014Great brunch spot. First time and can't wait to go again. Good brunch cocktails too. Def recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.