Old Town Inn
N116 W15841 Main Street
Germantown, WI 53022Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Old Town Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oldtowninn-wi.com/
- Phone: 2622933098x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 3 p.m. to Close
Friday - Sunday: 11 a.m. to Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Dennis Stukel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For our Easter Sunday diners, we will only be serving the following menu:
EASTER MENU - 3 Course Family-Style Seatings at 11 am, 1 pm, 3 pm, 5 pm, and 7 pm
Assorted Fruit Juices, Coffee, Tea or Milk
Assorted Baked Goods
European House Salad
Famous Baked French Onion Soup
-Family Style Main Course-
Served during 11AM and 1PM seatings.
Goulash with Spätzle
Served during 3PM, 5PM and 7PM seatings.
Sliced Spiral Ham
Poor Man’s Lobster
Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
Mac & Cheese
Dessert: Homemade Apple Strudel
Children 12yr. & Under $9.95
Up to 3yrs. of age Plate Charge $5.00
A word from Old Town Inn
Formerly known as “Jerry’s”, Old Town Inn has been a staple of the Germantown community and a regional icon for decades.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Old Town Inn - Best Restaurants in Mequon ›
Old Town Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (57)special occasion (39)good for groups (38)fit for foodies (18)kid-friendly (14)great for lunch (12)romantic (8)great for outdoor dining (7)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Great German food, friendly service. Went with friends from IL, they can't wait to come back. He had the pork shank, it was crispy on the outside and tender on the inside....he loved it ( it was huge!) All food was yummy, will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Excellent on everything!! :-) will be sure to dine there again. Great ambience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014I hadn't been to this restaurant for years, and I knew going in that it was a different owner and that it had been remodeled. When we walked in it was very clean and inviting. Dinner was very good (had the Beef Rouladen)....some of the best I've had. The only disappointment here was the service. There were several times that a waitress other than ours came and took empty plates away, brought water, etc. and it seemed like it took a LONG time to get our entree. I also thought the prices were a bit high. 2 entrees, 1 appetizer (Bavarian pretzel was awesome), 1 glass of wine and a root beer, and it was $70 before the tip. I don't see myself frequenting this place by any means, but might be a nice place to visit from time to time.Special Features:
- Fantastic Ribs!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2014Everything was execellent! The salad, rolls, ribs, vegetables, and service were excellent! Great Tuesday night special - buy a full rack of ribs dinner get another full rack of ribs dinner free. Come hungry or your dining guest can have it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutPjdaddyDined on 9/13/2014Our friends introduced us to The Old Town Inn, and it was wonderful. The ribs were fantastic, and the French onion soup is a must! The interior was recently refurbished, and is now absolutely georguous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Newer and maybe even better!9acrossDined on 9/13/2014Used to Be Jerry's now the Old Town Inn. This was our first trip since Jerry's closed, and we had a large group (9 people). We took a chance based on our experiences at Jerry's, having heard that the new owners had tried to keep it true to the quality of Jerry's. We were not dissapointed. Ribs were excellent, the filet was tender, and the chicken schnitzel was superb! Real German food...real good.Special Features:
- Nice PlaceWipackmanDined on 9/12/2014All 4 of us thought the food was good and the server was pleasant..a nice variety of dinner choices...they have remodeled and it's beautiful ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Town InnfoodthisgoodDined on 9/12/2014Its great that this place is open!~ The drinks were wonderful, the ambiance was nice, and the fried portabella mushrooms! MMmm Only downfall is the entrees...The Duck dinner was dry and it looked like they premake it then deepfry it then grill it for the char, That's gross please stop butchering the process, duck should be medium to medium rare, esp for 25 bucks. The Mac n cheese was delicious, the ribs however, were butchered as well, really dry and not much care going into the process, seems like they precook it too long and char it too long. Really disappointed with the entrees, which is to bad cause everything else about the place is phenomenal and I would visit weekly with my family if the entrees were a little more succulent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedAllolaDined on 9/12/2014Our first time at this restaurant. While the french onion soup was very good, our main course left a lot to be desired. While both meats were cooked very well, the "loaded potato' came out with melted shredded cheese that was cold and the potato itself was luke-warm. The vegetable of the day was carrots in a dill sauce which were cold. We won't be going back.Special Features:
- LeeDDined on 9/6/2014Growing up with Jerry's Old Town - the setting is a bit different. The Ribs were FABULOUS! Meatier than I remember - the portions are great! The staff was great! I wish they would have served soup or salad with the meals. The cocktails are EXTREMELY expensive for this area. I was not about to buy a round of drinks at $8.50 a piece.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okayrcdinerDined on 8/31/2014First impression: the biergarten looked like fun and the restaurant remodeling job was a huge improvement over the old Jerry's which had probably never been updated. We were there on a Sunday evening and the crowd was light so noise level was fine. In our party of 4, no one said their dinner was bad but we all agreed is was "okay". Three had ribs and were not crazy about the sauce, but that's subject to individual preference and others may find it just what they want. I had the salmon and I would put it in the middle of the pack quality-wise. I've certainly had worse but there are other places I would go first for salmon.
- Good Entree, but.....SuZeeDined on 8/31/2014We heard that the Ribs were back to the quality of the original Jerry's Old Town. They were very close.....fall off the bone and tender, the sauce was a little different, but overall very good. The French Onion Soup was good but not consistent for each diner. There were five of us, and each had a different amount of cheese, ranging from not seen to smothered. The sides did not come close to the quality of the ribs. Several loaded baked potatoes were hard and dry and the vegetable of the day, California Blend, was soggy and had no flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jerry's Old Town Inn August 31 2014Volman61Dined on 8/29/2014We live in Atlanta and were visiting the area for Labor Day. We are long time patrons of the Inn, with our first visit nearly 20 years ago. We noticed right off that the dinning area has been updated with a new bar, flooring, with a much more open feel. That's both good and bad, as we really enjoyed the rustic ambiance that gave the Inn the character we really liked. We were a table of 7, and had a reservation but had to wait 15 minutes on our table~not a deal breaker. The server seemed a bit overwhelmed, having trouble keeping the drink glasses filled. I had my normal, ribs and steak. The ribs were delicious, but the quality of the steak was poor at best. My wife had a steak but it was not served on a sizzling plate~disappointing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulJolin68Dined on 8/29/2014The décor was beautiful, and the service at the bar and the dinner table was wonderful. The host was most helpful and accommodating. The food was delicious, done perfectly. Just a delightful place for a quite dinner or with a group.Special Features:
- Really pleasant but noisyOutfordinnerpleaseDined on 8/29/2014We tried Old Town Inn knowing it had undergone extensive renovation--it did NOT disappoint in the attractive setting for dining, the food, and service. We found it hard to carry on a conversation and asked the waiter to turn down the loud music. He said he already had (someone else asked?) but would do it again. It didn't seem to matter and we felt a little irritated as we enjoyed our food. Later we noticed that the music was almost gone but the noise was still high. It could be the tall ceiling (pretty!) and beautiful wood and stone but we struggled to talk. Since it was a meeting of friends as well as a meal, it was a problem. We decided we'd try the nice outside deck if weather permitted and we returned since it was great otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, A very nice restaurantwebberDined on 8/23/2014We loved the new look, real upscale atmosphere. The food was good. Wish the menu had a few more choices. Service was very good. We found the restaurant to be on the cold side. With short sleeves, my wife froze. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Sound levelmikeyfrommequonDined on 8/23/2014Because of the time of night and evening. The noise level was so loud we could not talk with our friends across the table. We asked to be moved to a table by a wall, while it helped somewhat it was still difficult to hear from across the table. I would like to return, but, am somewhat concerned that noise will be one again a factor enjoying company of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Our experience was very good, first time to the restaurant since it was Jerry's. Decor was very good, much brighter than past, very clean, attractive. Loved the hanging pretzels! The tables were separated more than when it was Jerry's. Probably notice the general conversation more because of the wood floor. Wouldn't change anything. Food was excellent, we were there with friends and had suggested this place. Initially worried about the quality of the food, but didn't need to worry, it was very good, excellent ribs and vegetables. Not sure about the rolls. Staff were very welcoming and kind - only one who lacked warmth and smiles was our waitress. Although very efficient, she needed to smile and be more friendly. We would return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old TownbadgerdonDined on 8/12/2014Great service. Had the ribs and they were fall off the bone tender. Two for one rib dinners on Tuesdays is a great deal.Special Features:
- Great first time experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Heard the ribs were really good here so decided to stop and check them out. They had a good selection of tasty beers, the service was very fast and courteous, the food was great - we had standard BBQ and Dry Rub ribs, beef brisket and a really tasty mushroom and blue cheese fondue appetizer - all very tasty. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Ribs EverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014All menu options great but the ribs are the best by far.Special Features:
- Luv2eatDined on 8/3/2014Have not been there since the new owners took over and all the renovations were done. Everything looks great and the food and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome Backriblover4Dined on 8/1/2014Family returned to Old Town for the ribs and french onion soup. Everyone enjoyed both, and the food and service were excellent. We were celebrating a child's birthday, which I mentioned in the online registration. The hostess and waiter offered him their birthday wishes and he enjoyed a complimentary birthday dessert. We'll be back. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steakDined on 7/29/2014our group did not think the food was as good as it used to be. the german potatoe salad looked and tasted old and the loaded potatoes were very dry, like they had been around a while. We were very diapointed the famous french onlion soup was no longer available with dinner. ribs were good but not the same. OK for buy one get one.Special Features:
- Ribs that live up to its traditionTrupsDined on 7/26/2014The new old town has been improved thru and thru. Great renovation. Great food. Traditional ribs fell off the bone so I could eat them with a fork... Mess-free!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still place for ribsTCRobinDined on 7/25/2014The new Old Town has the old Jerry's ribs - two kinds (bbq or dry-rubbed). I enjoyed the ribs. My husband had the fish fry-perch and it was like rubber. Other guests had the cod fish fry and it was only so-so. The potato pancake was very good though. The tables were way too close together and was hard to hear at our round table of six. The waitress (who was very good) couldn't serve us all from one spot so had to walk around other tables with our dishes. I can't recommend it for the Friday fish fry and probably won't try it on a Saturday night, but we'll go back on a weeknight. We also had a beer at the Bier Stube's outdoor patio. That is worth a stop if you are into German atmosphere, German beer, and German music!I would recommend this to a friend.
- first will not be lastBButlerDined on 7/25/2014celebrated father in law's birthday with a group of 7 plus toddler, food was excellent, service was quick, and very accommodating to our little one. Pleased they take reservations on line.Special Features:
- NoisyOccasionalDinerDined on 7/18/2014Food wasn't anything special (went for fish fry). Waitress had trouble with every part of our order. And, although very pretty, the restaurant was incredibly noisy. Could not have a conversation with those across the table. Maybe the biergarten is awesome?
- myopinionDined on 7/17/2014Was somewhat pricey. Some of the people in our party had the prime rib special (smallest was a 16 oz. for $32). Wish there was a smaller cut of prime rib offered. Had a thicker sauce/gravy on top which didn't suit the prime rib. (au jus and horseradish sauce would have been better). Remember the past owners (Jerry's Old Town Inn) including the French onion soup which now has to be purchased for $6.50. Wish there would have been a small steak or ribs offered for children. They had to pay the full price for their meal if they wanted one of these items. Ribs are still good as they were in the past.Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014OUr server was great - attentive and very pleasant. Remodeling made it a beautiful place but the dining room can be very loud.Special Features:
- Disappointed in the meal.BuckyRogDined on 7/12/2014I was disappointed with dinner. The quantity of the ribs for a full rack was skimpy. The sauce was mediocre. It appeared that they are cutting costs by giving less quantity and quality. I do not know if I will go back. I was there in April and recommended it to people. I will not recommend it as a good restaurant.Special Features:
- Not as Hoped forsadlydisappointedDined on 7/8/2014Unfortunately we wouldn't go back. Very loud (with few people in bar area), food wasn't timed well (wasn't 1/2 way through soup before ribs served), creamed spinach was literally liquefied flour poured over drained spinach. Service was very pleasant and prompt.Special Features:
- New, Old Town InnDAB1919Dined on 7/4/2014I had cod, the wife had perch, we were Impressed with the service but not the food. Didn't offer any potato pancakes,or rye bread, and both fish frys were seasoned sparingly, and the fish quality could have been better. They did a great job with the remodel of the bar and dining room. I'll try the ribs next time. also drink prices are above average but your paying for the newness I guess. Good to see someone has improved on the original building but the real test will be if the ribs old town is known for are as good. ps the outdoor beer garden next door looks inviting (weather permitting).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New place to catch up with othersFriendDined on 7/2/2014Air conditioning can be cold. German potato salad needed sliced potatoes, not cubed. Meats were excellent! Some servers are more attentive than others. New decor is noisy--all wood and it echoed voices around the room.Special Features:
- fish fry Fridays onlydisappointedDined on 6/28/2014Have been there twice for Friday fish fries and thought it was great. Beautiful inside, delicious appetizers and a very nice wait staff. Went there on a Saturday night for a birthday dinner. Was not too crowded. It was an incredibly long wait, it was freezing in the restaurant, our appetizers were cold in the center and the dinner menu was very restrictive. Sticking with it only for the fish fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ribs!GtownDaveDined on 6/24/2014Excellent ribs and the two-for-one Tuesday rib special was a nice surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ribs, needs work overalllbmaVIPDined on 6/21/2014The food was good for the most part, but service was very slow and unpolished. I would try this again if looking for something in this area, but would not advise others to make a long drive to eat here.
- Great foodlydia2sDined on 6/21/2014very impressed with the remodel. the bar is much nicer than the dark "hole" it used to be. our server was very attentive, and the food was great. altho, the BBQ sauce isn't Jerry's! we'd go there againSpecial Features:
- Fantastic Friday NightSpherikalDined on 6/20/2014This place is excellent, they have a wide array of beers, and some fantastic blended cocktails. As per the other reviews listed on OpenTable, the food was fantastic. The dining room is noisy, but who cares? Everyone is out having a great time. The service was a little slow, but the place was packed. I will be returning for sure. Get there a little early because parking is minimal. EnjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedJuniorDined on 6/19/2014Milwaukee Journal sentinel overrated this restaurant. Out waitress did not know how to open a bottle of wine & poured the wine without us first tasting. The appetizer of potatoe pancakes & smoked fish was excellent, but it ended there. The ribs were average, & we would not recommend the smoked ribs since they had an odd flavor. The vegetables were soggy & sides of German potatoe salad & spaetzel had no flavor. We will not be back.