Old Town Inn
N116 W15841 Main Street
Germantown, WI 53022Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Old Town Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oldtowninn-wi.com/
- Phone: 2622933098x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 3 p.m. to Close
Friday - Sunday: 11 a.m. to Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Dennis Stukel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For our Easter Sunday diners, we will only be serving the following menu:
EASTER MENU - 3 Course Family-Style Seatings at 11 am, 1 pm, 3 pm, 5 pm, and 7 pm
Assorted Fruit Juices, Coffee, Tea or Milk
Assorted Baked Goods
European House Salad
Famous Baked French Onion Soup
-Family Style Main Course-
Served during 11AM and 1PM seatings.
Goulash with Spätzle
Served during 3PM, 5PM and 7PM seatings.
Sliced Spiral Ham
Poor Man’s Lobster
Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
Mac & Cheese
Dessert: Homemade Apple Strudel
Children 12yr. & Under $9.95
Up to 3yrs. of age Plate Charge $5.00
A word from Old Town Inn
Formerly known as “Jerry’s”, Old Town Inn has been a staple of the Germantown community and a regional icon for decades.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Old Town Inn - Best Restaurants in Mequon ›
Old Town Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (57)good for groups (38)special occasion (36)fit for foodies (17)kid-friendly (17)great for lunch (15)vibrant bar scene (7)great for outdoor dining (7)hot spot (6)romantic (6)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- It was okayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014First impression: the biergarten looked like fun and the restaurant remodeling job was a huge improvement over the old Jerry's which had probably never been updated. We were there on a Sunday evening and the crowd was light so noise level was fine. In our party of 4, no one said their dinner was bad but we all agreed is was "okay". Three had ribs and were not crazy about the sauce, but that's subject to individual preference and others may find it just what they want. I had the salmon and I would put it in the middle of the pack quality-wise. I've certainly had worse but there are other places I would go first for salmon.
- Jerry's Old Town Inn August 31 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We live in Atlanta and were visiting the area for Labor Day. We are long time patrons of the Inn, with our first visit nearly 20 years ago. We noticed right off that the dinning area has been updated with a new bar, flooring, with a much more open feel. That's both good and bad, as we really enjoyed the rustic ambiance that gave the Inn the character we really liked. We were a table of 7, and had a reservation but had to wait 15 minutes on our table~not a deal breaker. The server seemed a bit overwhelmed, having trouble keeping the drink glasses filled. I had my normal, ribs and steak. The ribs were delicious, but the quality of the steak was poor at best. My wife had a steak but it was not served on a sizzling plate~disappointing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulJolin68Dined on 8/29/2014The décor was beautiful, and the service at the bar and the dinner table was wonderful. The host was most helpful and accommodating. The food was delicious, done perfectly. Just a delightful place for a quite dinner or with a group.Special Features:
- Really pleasant but noisyOutfordinnerpleaseDined on 8/29/2014We tried Old Town Inn knowing it had undergone extensive renovation--it did NOT disappoint in the attractive setting for dining, the food, and service. We found it hard to carry on a conversation and asked the waiter to turn down the loud music. He said he already had (someone else asked?) but would do it again. It didn't seem to matter and we felt a little irritated as we enjoyed our food. Later we noticed that the music was almost gone but the noise was still high. It could be the tall ceiling (pretty!) and beautiful wood and stone but we struggled to talk. Since it was a meeting of friends as well as a meal, it was a problem. We decided we'd try the nice outside deck if weather permitted and we returned since it was great otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, A very nice restaurantwebberDined on 8/23/2014We loved the new look, real upscale atmosphere. The food was good. Wish the menu had a few more choices. Service was very good. We found the restaurant to be on the cold side. With short sleeves, my wife froze. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Sound levelmikeyfrommequonDined on 8/23/2014Because of the time of night and evening. The noise level was so loud we could not talk with our friends across the table. We asked to be moved to a table by a wall, while it helped somewhat it was still difficult to hear from across the table. I would like to return, but, am somewhat concerned that noise will be one again a factor enjoying company of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Our experience was very good, first time to the restaurant since it was Jerry's. Decor was very good, much brighter than past, very clean, attractive. Loved the hanging pretzels! The tables were separated more than when it was Jerry's. Probably notice the general conversation more because of the wood floor. Wouldn't change anything. Food was excellent, we were there with friends and had suggested this place. Initially worried about the quality of the food, but didn't need to worry, it was very good, excellent ribs and vegetables. Not sure about the rolls. Staff were very welcoming and kind - only one who lacked warmth and smiles was our waitress. Although very efficient, she needed to smile and be more friendly. We would return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old TownbadgerdonDined on 8/12/2014Great service. Had the ribs and they were fall off the bone tender. Two for one rib dinners on Tuesdays is a great deal.Special Features:
- Great first time experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Heard the ribs were really good here so decided to stop and check them out. They had a good selection of tasty beers, the service was very fast and courteous, the food was great - we had standard BBQ and Dry Rub ribs, beef brisket and a really tasty mushroom and blue cheese fondue appetizer - all very tasty. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Ribs EverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014All menu options great but the ribs are the best by far.Special Features:
- Luv2eatDined on 8/3/2014Have not been there since the new owners took over and all the renovations were done. Everything looks great and the food and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome Backriblover4Dined on 8/1/2014Family returned to Old Town for the ribs and french onion soup. Everyone enjoyed both, and the food and service were excellent. We were celebrating a child's birthday, which I mentioned in the online registration. The hostess and waiter offered him their birthday wishes and he enjoyed a complimentary birthday dessert. We'll be back. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steakDined on 7/29/2014our group did not think the food was as good as it used to be. the german potatoe salad looked and tasted old and the loaded potatoes were very dry, like they had been around a while. We were very diapointed the famous french onlion soup was no longer available with dinner. ribs were good but not the same. OK for buy one get one.Special Features:
- Ribs that live up to its traditionTrupsDined on 7/26/2014The new old town has been improved thru and thru. Great renovation. Great food. Traditional ribs fell off the bone so I could eat them with a fork... Mess-free!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still place for ribsTCRobinDined on 7/25/2014The new Old Town has the old Jerry's ribs - two kinds (bbq or dry-rubbed). I enjoyed the ribs. My husband had the fish fry-perch and it was like rubber. Other guests had the cod fish fry and it was only so-so. The potato pancake was very good though. The tables were way too close together and was hard to hear at our round table of six. The waitress (who was very good) couldn't serve us all from one spot so had to walk around other tables with our dishes. I can't recommend it for the Friday fish fry and probably won't try it on a Saturday night, but we'll go back on a weeknight. We also had a beer at the Bier Stube's outdoor patio. That is worth a stop if you are into German atmosphere, German beer, and German music!I would recommend this to a friend.
- first will not be lastBButlerDined on 7/25/2014celebrated father in law's birthday with a group of 7 plus toddler, food was excellent, service was quick, and very accommodating to our little one. Pleased they take reservations on line.Special Features:
- NoisyOccasionalDinerDined on 7/18/2014Food wasn't anything special (went for fish fry). Waitress had trouble with every part of our order. And, although very pretty, the restaurant was incredibly noisy. Could not have a conversation with those across the table. Maybe the biergarten is awesome?
- myopinionDined on 7/17/2014Was somewhat pricey. Some of the people in our party had the prime rib special (smallest was a 16 oz. for $32). Wish there was a smaller cut of prime rib offered. Had a thicker sauce/gravy on top which didn't suit the prime rib. (au jus and horseradish sauce would have been better). Remember the past owners (Jerry's Old Town Inn) including the French onion soup which now has to be purchased for $6.50. Wish there would have been a small steak or ribs offered for children. They had to pay the full price for their meal if they wanted one of these items. Ribs are still good as they were in the past.Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014OUr server was great - attentive and very pleasant. Remodeling made it a beautiful place but the dining room can be very loud.Special Features:
- Disappointed in the meal.BuckyRogDined on 7/12/2014I was disappointed with dinner. The quantity of the ribs for a full rack was skimpy. The sauce was mediocre. It appeared that they are cutting costs by giving less quantity and quality. I do not know if I will go back. I was there in April and recommended it to people. I will not recommend it as a good restaurant.Special Features:
- Not as Hoped forsadlydisappointedDined on 7/8/2014Unfortunately we wouldn't go back. Very loud (with few people in bar area), food wasn't timed well (wasn't 1/2 way through soup before ribs served), creamed spinach was literally liquefied flour poured over drained spinach. Service was very pleasant and prompt.Special Features:
- New, Old Town InnDAB1919Dined on 7/4/2014I had cod, the wife had perch, we were Impressed with the service but not the food. Didn't offer any potato pancakes,or rye bread, and both fish frys were seasoned sparingly, and the fish quality could have been better. They did a great job with the remodel of the bar and dining room. I'll try the ribs next time. also drink prices are above average but your paying for the newness I guess. Good to see someone has improved on the original building but the real test will be if the ribs old town is known for are as good. ps the outdoor beer garden next door looks inviting (weather permitting).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New place to catch up with othersFriendDined on 7/2/2014Air conditioning can be cold. German potato salad needed sliced potatoes, not cubed. Meats were excellent! Some servers are more attentive than others. New decor is noisy--all wood and it echoed voices around the room.Special Features:
- fish fry Fridays onlydisappointedDined on 6/28/2014Have been there twice for Friday fish fries and thought it was great. Beautiful inside, delicious appetizers and a very nice wait staff. Went there on a Saturday night for a birthday dinner. Was not too crowded. It was an incredibly long wait, it was freezing in the restaurant, our appetizers were cold in the center and the dinner menu was very restrictive. Sticking with it only for the fish fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ribs!GtownDaveDined on 6/24/2014Excellent ribs and the two-for-one Tuesday rib special was a nice surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ribs, needs work overalllbmaVIPDined on 6/21/2014The food was good for the most part, but service was very slow and unpolished. I would try this again if looking for something in this area, but would not advise others to make a long drive to eat here.
- Great foodlydia2sDined on 6/21/2014very impressed with the remodel. the bar is much nicer than the dark "hole" it used to be. our server was very attentive, and the food was great. altho, the BBQ sauce isn't Jerry's! we'd go there againSpecial Features:
- Fantastic Friday NightSpherikalDined on 6/20/2014This place is excellent, they have a wide array of beers, and some fantastic blended cocktails. As per the other reviews listed on OpenTable, the food was fantastic. The dining room is noisy, but who cares? Everyone is out having a great time. The service was a little slow, but the place was packed. I will be returning for sure. Get there a little early because parking is minimal. EnjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedJuniorDined on 6/19/2014Milwaukee Journal sentinel overrated this restaurant. Out waitress did not know how to open a bottle of wine & poured the wine without us first tasting. The appetizer of potatoe pancakes & smoked fish was excellent, but it ended there. The ribs were average, & we would not recommend the smoked ribs since they had an odd flavor. The vegetables were soggy & sides of German potatoe salad & spaetzel had no flavor. We will not be back.
- Great EveningVirginiaDined on 6/17/2014Old Town Inn has a whole new look. Bar is very open and well lit. I like the improvements! Service was good at the bar as well as the table. I had to try the onion rings and ribs. The onion rings were good and the ribs were outstanding. A major improvement over the last few times I was at Jerry's Old Town Inn. We will be back. Was even impressed that the Hostess was aware of the comments I had made in my reservation on-line. Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad it's backBIGeaterDined on 6/17/2014Most of the original owner's recipes taste very good and it's been a long time since we've had good ribs and onion soup. The redesigned interior is fantastic, very comfortable and friendly feel, especially the huge bar area. This can be an evenings destination with dinner at Old Town and then going next door to the beautiful beer garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good TimetheoldguyDined on 6/14/2014We had a good time food was great service was fine. We were with a small group all food came at the same time it was all hot and done well. Service not perfect but acceptable. The main dining room was noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cutterDined on 6/11/2014When we got there even booking on the computer we weren't on the reservation list. we got confirmation and she said they had no reservation for us but was able to sit us right away. I will call next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need more sauce choicesShevakDined on 6/10/2014We were customers of the former site for many years. One of the best things was the choice of sauces that they had. We love a spicy robust sauce. Old Town has one house sauce that is ok, nothing notable, not too sweet or spicy. The ribs were fall off the bone but no where near as meaty as previous. The service was top notch; attentive waitress and friendly staff. The sides were excellent. We preferred this menu's choices to previous owner's choices. Also the french onion soup the restaurant is known for took out the cinnamon or clove or allspice? that imho ruined the soup, it was outstanding this time. We won't be back until/unless they get a choice of sauce on the menu.Special Features:
- Rothenburg InnOldReinDined on 6/8/2014Next time I'd rather got next door to your Rothenburg Inn. The weather happened to be good to sit outside In the Old Town; too bad all you see in front of you is the parking lot. But inside would have been way too noisy anyway. Ambience is important for me. Therefore the Rothenburg should be worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Room extremely noisy.PAMRDined on 6/7/2014Hard to hear members of your dining party talk in the busy dining room. 7:30pm reservation Saturday night, were seated promptly. Our waitress seemed to be stretched thin with too many tables. Service was slow. Only reason to come back would be for the food. Ambiance and environment for easy conversation leaves much to be desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't live up to Jerry'sCLynnDined on 6/7/2014If you loved the old Jerry's then don't get your hopes up. They did a very nice remodel job, but did not quite bring back the food. Went there for the ribs. Ribs were fatty & bland - not what I remember. The staff was very good.
- Old Town Inn - Thumbs up!WatertownDined on 6/7/2014It was just as good as the old Jerry's Old Town. The Barbecued Ribs were absolutely delicious as was the French Onion Soup. Just as good as any meal I've ever had there. The salad was very fresh and absolutely delicious. We all ordered a whole rack of ribs so that we would have leftovers for the next day. That didn't happen! Looking forward to my next visit. The new owners are doing a nice job. Keep it up!Special Features:
- Fish FryMiLiDined on 6/6/2014Good fish fry and service. The cole slaw was not complete. It was pretty much cut gabbage, missing any dressing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful dining roomgtowndinerDined on 6/6/2014The renovations done to this neighborhood eatery are spectacular. The woodwork, windows, and bar area are second only to the fine menu selections. Old German treats, such as schnitzel and wurst-plate are here, along with the ribs you come to expect at this location. The packed beer garden next door added to a lively atmosphere. Since it was Friday, we had each flavor of fish fry. Each was well done and full of flavor, while a bit on the salty side. Select lunch sandwiches are available all day, and we took advantage of a brisket sandwich that was at once tender and full of smoky flavor. Even the fries were crunchy, yet tender. Only suggestion (besides reducing the saltiness of the fish) is to allow one or both burger selections all day.Special Features: