Old Town Inn
N116 W15841 Main Street
Germantown, WI 53022Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Old Town Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oldtowninn-wi.com/
- Phone: (262) 293-3098
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Sunday: 3 p.m. to Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, European, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Dennis Stukel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For our Thanksgiving diners, we will only be open 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. with reservations, only please.
Thanksgiving Dinner - $29.95 Buy one, get one free*
Featuring Three Courses
Butternut Squash Soup
Roast Turkey Dinner with stuffing, mashed potatoes & gracy, cranberry sauce, and vegetable du jour
Homemade Pumpkin Pie
*Dine-in only. Free meal must be for an additional guest. Our full menu will also be available that day.
A word from Old Town Inn
Formerly known as “Jerry’s”, Old Town Inn has been a staple of the Germantown community and a regional icon for decades.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Old Town Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (58)good for groups (45)special occasion (37)fit for foodies (27)kid-friendly (15)romantic (10)great for outdoor dining (8)great for lunch (7)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Pleasant SurprisewineanddineDined on 11/22/2014This was our first trip to Old Town Inn since it was purchased and remodeled, and it was a very pleasant surprise. The original venue as I remember it was themed around old world German cuisine, and noted for ribs. Thus the decor was dark and sort of uninviting. The new look is much more appealing. The bar is expanded and with plenty of TV's around. It looks like it might be fun place to watch a game before dinner. The food was terrific and served very quickly. The wine list was not extensive, but with some good selections both by the glass and by the bottle. The only thing I found that was a little annoying was the noise level. It was pretty loud and a little hard to have a conversation. Overall, very good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ribs4everDined on 11/8/2014Ribs were meaty and very good. Maybe a little too much sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to Dine!!EnjoyFoodDined on 11/8/2014Went to Old Town Inn for the first time for a special Birthday Dinner with my husband. Beautiful place with a nice warm fire - great for a cold windy night. The hostesses were very nice and we were seated right away. We ordered their famous BBQ Ribs. The ribs were excellent! The waitress was very nice and really efficient. The first course was a bread basket with different types of delicious dinner rolls. The dinner salad was very good, but I didn't have much time to eat it before our ribs arrived. The side of veggies was very tasty as well. The only minus was the table location - squeezed in between another table and the kitchen exit/ walkway. Didn't enjoy the busyness of wait staff and customers walking by every few minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- partyofthreeDined on 11/1/2014very nicely remolded. food of great, can't wait till next summer to sit outside. If you liked Jerry's you'll love this place. Also love that you can make your reservations online as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad to ReturnPups55Dined on 11/1/2014First time bak since it was the old Jerry's. Pleasantly surprised with the renovations - it is very nice. Ribs are very good - they don't have all the different sauces to choose from. French Onion soup was very good. Loaded Potatoes seemed to be quite well done - I would have liked them a little less crispy. Ice Cream drinks for dessert were great. Bartender was alone and very busy but very attentive. Our waitress was fabulous.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice place, food, and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/31/2014Service was great, food was better. The remodel is outstanding. The larger bar area which is now part of the dining area really opens the place up and gives a way more comfortable feel. The food is as good, if not better than the last time I was there which was under the former management. The waitstaff were terrific: very professional and helpful.Special Features:
- ValhallahDined on 10/29/2014Food, service and decor are great. Excellent wine list, mature adult atmosphere. If you love the "old world european" this is the place for you. It can be difficult to hear with all the wood, (walls, ceiling, floors, tables, chairs) not a place for someone who might have difficilty hearing.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerPAPADined on 10/29/2014We took Grandpa out for dinner, he wanted ribs. With 2 little kids we didn't have to wait too long. Nice atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Only on complaint. The baked potato could have been cooked a little longer and could have been hotter.Special Features:
- Overall very good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Atmosphere, food, service all very good. Only minor complaint was the amount of wine served per glass... very skimpy. Otherwise very good. Will be going back. Like the new atmosphere.Special Features:
- YummyDiningwithkidsDined on 10/18/2014First time dining and it was delicious we had a party of seven ne the service was great it was great we would come again. The remodeled building looks gorgeous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Time Inn was a hitDiningExperienceDined on 10/17/2014We were heading out for a double date and our friends said this restaurant had changed management and so we decided to give it a try for dinner that night ... but that's not all they changed. What a pleasant surprise -- the decor is beautiful and lively. Everyone loved their entree (Salmon, Smoked Ribs & the Perch Fish Fry. The wait staff was very friendly. Would go back in a heart beat. The best part yet ... it's in Germantown! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frequentrestaurantvisitorDined on 10/15/2014The host, waiter and all were very accommodating, to our group of 9. However the table we were given was a bit small. Their ability to host larger groups at a single table was not evident, when we looked around the dinning room. The food, however was top notch, with a great selection in the menu. The newly redone restaurant is very inviting and will definitely be on our list of worth a second and third , and more visit.Special Features:
- great foodb2tasteDined on 10/14/2014Everything was perfect. The only complaint that I have is, we ordered two glasses of wine. The amount was well under the amount you get elsewhere. That was the only disappointing factor. Everyone was friendly and our food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Ribs...ever!KswizzleDined on 10/11/2014Fall off the bone or dry rub ribs you won't be disappointed. Then head next door to the Bier Stube for a pint or liter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarrieVIPDined on 10/8/2014We enjoyed the new look and food. The only thing we didn't care for was the level of noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpiseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Great time had by all, will return time after time !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SneakyMonicaBDined on 10/3/2014Menu stated $2.00 rail drinks and 1/2 price appetizers from 3-5pm. It also stated $2.00 off fish fry on Friday's from 3-5pm. I commented on the happy hour drinks and the waiter gave me an odd luck but did not correct me... so I ended up having two. All four in our party had the fish fry. When the bill came, (before 5pm ona Friday), there was no discount for the fish fry's and the drinks were charged at $4.50. We questioned it and the waiter blamed a computer glitch. He said the drinks were only that price if you ate at the bar. He should have told us that NOT TO MENTION it should say so on the menu. I mentioned it to the host on the way out and he could have cared less. Seemed intentional to us. We will not go back and will spread the word.
- ForgettableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014This was our first visit to Old Town Inn since it's been under new ownership, and it will probably be our last. We made reservations a week in advance and yet we were seated at what was probably the worst table for two - just outside the waitstaff walkway and ladies rest room. While our server was as attentive as possible on a busy evening and our food was served promptly, the meal was disappointing. My tenderloin was cooked to order but had little flavor. My husband's ribs were bland. The accompanying vegetable was cooked carrots in a thick beef gravy much like what you'd expect from grandma's way-too-salty roast beef. Blah. Best part of the evening: Beers next door after dinner. We'll return to the beer garden, not to the restaurant.Special Features:
- 3 STRIKES AND YOU'RE OUT.eaglekeeper336Dined on 9/21/2014This was our third visit to Old Town, and it keeps getting worse. We have really tried to like it, but it seems that something is always wrong on each of our visits. This time the the food was lukewarm, and the bar service was terrible. I expect more than a small shot of whiskey when I order one on the rocks and (it was even properly served in a large tub glass). And what's with the added charge for mixed drinks? There was a charge for a $2.00 "set-up". When asked, the served stated that it was for the ice. WTF? The French Onion Soup was lukewarm and the cheese was like plastic, as though it had been sitting around awhile. Ribs were mediocre at best. Go to Bub's Irish Pub down the street if you want decent ribs instead.
- Birthday EveningMeandBigKidsDined on 9/20/2014Recently dined at the Old Town for my daughter's birthday. Ribs are her favorite and she always picks Old Town. My family used to love the old ribs recipe, but now prefer the new smoked ribs. The food is expensive but good, but the drinks are OK and very expensive. One round at the bar for a soda, a bottled lemonade drink, and a mixed drink was 20.00 with tip. Service was only fair as our server seemed very young and very new. We will be back but only for special occasions as it is quite expensive for the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!trinketDined on 9/18/2014Great German food, friendly service. Went with friends from IL, they can't wait to come back. He had the pork shank, it was crispy on the outside and tender on the inside....he loved it ( it was huge!) All food was yummy, will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectperfectDined on 9/18/2014Excellent on everything!! :-) will be sure to dine there again. Great ambience.Special Features:
- ff1212Dined on 9/17/2014I hadn't been to this restaurant for years, and I knew going in that it was a different owner and that it had been remodeled. When we walked in it was very clean and inviting. Dinner was very good (had the Beef Rouladen)....some of the best I've had. The only disappointment here was the service. There were several times that a waitress other than ours came and took empty plates away, brought water, etc. and it seemed like it took a LONG time to get our entree. I also thought the prices were a bit high. 2 entrees, 1 appetizer (Bavarian pretzel was awesome), 1 glass of wine and a root beer, and it was $70 before the tip. I don't see myself frequenting this place by any means, but might be a nice place to visit from time to time.Special Features:
- Fantastic Ribs!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2014Everything was execellent! The salad, rolls, ribs, vegetables, and service were excellent! Great Tuesday night special - buy a full rack of ribs dinner get another full rack of ribs dinner free. Come hungry or your dining guest can have it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutPjdaddyDined on 9/13/2014Our friends introduced us to The Old Town Inn, and it was wonderful. The ribs were fantastic, and the French onion soup is a must! The interior was recently refurbished, and is now absolutely georguous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too long a waitAlwayshungryDined on 9/13/2014The food is delicious. The wait for our food was an hour, and we just ordered ribs. It should never have taken that long since it was not that crowded. The restaurant is extremely noisy. It is hard to hear people at your table.
- Newer and maybe even better!9acrossDined on 9/13/2014Used to Be Jerry's now the Old Town Inn. This was our first trip since Jerry's closed, and we had a large group (9 people). We took a chance based on our experiences at Jerry's, having heard that the new owners had tried to keep it true to the quality of Jerry's. We were not dissapointed. Ribs were excellent, the filet was tender, and the chicken schnitzel was superb! Real German food...real good.Special Features:
- Nice PlaceWipackmanDined on 9/12/2014All 4 of us thought the food was good and the server was pleasant..a nice variety of dinner choices...they have remodeled and it's beautiful ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Town InnfoodthisgoodDined on 9/12/2014Its great that this place is open!~ The drinks were wonderful, the ambiance was nice, and the fried portabella mushrooms! MMmm Only downfall is the entrees...The Duck dinner was dry and it looked like they premake it then deepfry it then grill it for the char, That's gross please stop butchering the process, duck should be medium to medium rare, esp for 25 bucks. The Mac n cheese was delicious, the ribs however, were butchered as well, really dry and not much care going into the process, seems like they precook it too long and char it too long. Really disappointed with the entrees, which is to bad cause everything else about the place is phenomenal and I would visit weekly with my family if the entrees were a little more succulent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedAllolaDined on 9/12/2014Our first time at this restaurant. While the french onion soup was very good, our main course left a lot to be desired. While both meats were cooked very well, the "loaded potato' came out with melted shredded cheese that was cold and the potato itself was luke-warm. The vegetable of the day was carrots in a dill sauce which were cold. We won't be going back.Special Features:
- LeeDDined on 9/6/2014Growing up with Jerry's Old Town - the setting is a bit different. The Ribs were FABULOUS! Meatier than I remember - the portions are great! The staff was great! I wish they would have served soup or salad with the meals. The cocktails are EXTREMELY expensive for this area. I was not about to buy a round of drinks at $8.50 a piece.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okayrcdinerDined on 8/31/2014First impression: the biergarten looked like fun and the restaurant remodeling job was a huge improvement over the old Jerry's which had probably never been updated. We were there on a Sunday evening and the crowd was light so noise level was fine. In our party of 4, no one said their dinner was bad but we all agreed is was "okay". Three had ribs and were not crazy about the sauce, but that's subject to individual preference and others may find it just what they want. I had the salmon and I would put it in the middle of the pack quality-wise. I've certainly had worse but there are other places I would go first for salmon.
- Good Entree, but.....SuZeeDined on 8/31/2014We heard that the Ribs were back to the quality of the original Jerry's Old Town. They were very close.....fall off the bone and tender, the sauce was a little different, but overall very good. The French Onion Soup was good but not consistent for each diner. There were five of us, and each had a different amount of cheese, ranging from not seen to smothered. The sides did not come close to the quality of the ribs. Several loaded baked potatoes were hard and dry and the vegetable of the day, California Blend, was soggy and had no flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jerry's Old Town Inn August 31 2014Volman61Dined on 8/29/2014We live in Atlanta and were visiting the area for Labor Day. We are long time patrons of the Inn, with our first visit nearly 20 years ago. We noticed right off that the dinning area has been updated with a new bar, flooring, with a much more open feel. That's both good and bad, as we really enjoyed the rustic ambiance that gave the Inn the character we really liked. We were a table of 7, and had a reservation but had to wait 15 minutes on our table~not a deal breaker. The server seemed a bit overwhelmed, having trouble keeping the drink glasses filled. I had my normal, ribs and steak. The ribs were delicious, but the quality of the steak was poor at best. My wife had a steak but it was not served on a sizzling plate~disappointing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulJolin68Dined on 8/29/2014The décor was beautiful, and the service at the bar and the dinner table was wonderful. The host was most helpful and accommodating. The food was delicious, done perfectly. Just a delightful place for a quite dinner or with a group.Special Features:
- Really pleasant but noisyOutfordinnerpleaseDined on 8/29/2014We tried Old Town Inn knowing it had undergone extensive renovation--it did NOT disappoint in the attractive setting for dining, the food, and service. We found it hard to carry on a conversation and asked the waiter to turn down the loud music. He said he already had (someone else asked?) but would do it again. It didn't seem to matter and we felt a little irritated as we enjoyed our food. Later we noticed that the music was almost gone but the noise was still high. It could be the tall ceiling (pretty!) and beautiful wood and stone but we struggled to talk. Since it was a meeting of friends as well as a meal, it was a problem. We decided we'd try the nice outside deck if weather permitted and we returned since it was great otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, A very nice restaurantwebberDined on 8/23/2014We loved the new look, real upscale atmosphere. The food was good. Wish the menu had a few more choices. Service was very good. We found the restaurant to be on the cold side. With short sleeves, my wife froze. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Sound levelmikeyfrommequonDined on 8/23/2014Because of the time of night and evening. The noise level was so loud we could not talk with our friends across the table. We asked to be moved to a table by a wall, while it helped somewhat it was still difficult to hear from across the table. I would like to return, but, am somewhat concerned that noise will be one again a factor enjoying company of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Our experience was very good, first time to the restaurant since it was Jerry's. Decor was very good, much brighter than past, very clean, attractive. Loved the hanging pretzels! The tables were separated more than when it was Jerry's. Probably notice the general conversation more because of the wood floor. Wouldn't change anything. Food was excellent, we were there with friends and had suggested this place. Initially worried about the quality of the food, but didn't need to worry, it was very good, excellent ribs and vegetables. Not sure about the rolls. Staff were very welcoming and kind - only one who lacked warmth and smiles was our waitress. Although very efficient, she needed to smile and be more friendly. We would return.I would recommend this to a friend.