Old Stove Pub
3516 Montauk Highway
Bridgehampton, NY 11932Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Old Stove Pub
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 6315373300
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sandy - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Greek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Old Stove Pub
Old Stove Pub is located in Bridgehampton. We serve Greek cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Old Stove Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (6)romantic (5)special occasion (5)fit for foodies (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Don't let the name fool you!Momme2AnJDined on 10/2/2014The food is always fabulous ! My husband and I went for our wedding anniversary and with friends that have never been to The Old Stove Pub and it was like bringing friends to your family's house! Warm,fun,inviting!! George the owner is always smiling and Thomas the waiter is right there when you need something without feeling crowded! The menu is not huge which is nice! The Spanikopita is out of this world! We also enjoy the Saganak(unfortunately they did not have available this time). Greek salad simple "Feta beyond creamy & fresh" and then the incredible steaks! We had The world class for two 32oz NY Strip lets just say there are no leftovers! Our friends got the 32 oz Porterhouse/filet combo again fabulous!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek not chicLaurieposVIPDined on 9/27/2014Although I initially had a Palm feeling when I first arrived(prices,ala carte menu)it did not hold that feeling as the night went on...the Greek appetizers were delicious and our lamb and fish was good...so glad we ordered the fries and creamed spinach as they were the stand out for all.the warm donut and honey dessert ended the evening nicelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a surprise!!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/26/2014I bought a Groupon for this restaurant having enjoyed a meal there last summer. THEN I READ THE REVIEWS! There were many really disappointed diners. We went with very low expectations and were pleasantly surprised. The ambiance was lovely, the service outstanding and I had one of the best steaks I had ever eaten. My husbands Moussaka was delicious but the portion was very small All in all a very pleasant dinner
- Great food and service!JPn10Dined on 9/15/2014This venue is in an old house with an enclosed wrap around porch. It is beautiful and very romantic. The food is excellent - I had the lamb chops cooked to perfection. Don't leave without trying their french fries!!Special Features:
- PL1221VIPDined on 9/6/2014Food quality varied especially for the high price. Homey atmosphere a plus.
- Darn good food!FinickyDined on 8/26/2014We split the World Class Steak and it was perfectly cooked. They understand what Medium Rare means! The spinach is amazing. The pita is the best I've ever had---fresh and fab.Special Features:
- greatdinnerDined on 8/22/2014Sat in the enclosed porch, where it is quite lovely, very good service and the food was quite good. Had a very enjoyable evening and the host, George is a delight to interact with.Special Features:
- OutalotOutalotDined on 8/14/2014We enjoy The Old Stove Pub very much. The steak is usually excellent, lamb chops very good and actually, all the food is very good. The setting is lovely and the help are very pleasant. All in all, a most enjoyable place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice place to have dinnergandmalibVIPDined on 7/25/2014The food was quite good but most importantly the entire staff was very attentive and took good care of us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedDined on 7/25/2014I would not recommend this for food - it is heavily hit or miss for the premium prices. The outdoor seating is nice, but a little detached and the service there is reflected with long delays between the waiter's checking in on us because the inside space was busier. hi, this was a horrible experience for me. i ordered a rare strip steak ($37) and it came 'medium' and then i asked for a replacement, which they did quickly, but the second steak came almost white in color and didnt have the crust of the first one and ALSO was overcooked - as i was with a group of 5 i didnt complain a second time, but i also ate a 1/3 of that steak and gave the rest to give to a dog for dinner. i dont understand how a steakhouse cant get a steak right
- Better to grill your ownRuprichtVIPDined on 7/16/2014Awful. The steak was not edible. We asked the waiter to help us cut it and he could not do it either. The waiter was so embarrassed that he credited us its cost. The Greek salad had no taste and the ice cream sundae must have been made with ice milk--it had no taste and wasn't the least bit creamy. The creamed spinach tasted as if it had been reheated. Even the bread was stale and tasteless. It once had the best steaks in the Hamptons. It is too bad it has come to this.
- pampasDined on 7/12/2014Music, recorded or live, too loud and annoying--lousy and intrusive piano player. Waiter service friendly but confused. Friendly family place, good hearty food, but with the down-sides of not-very-professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They killed it!!!EML420Dined on 7/10/2014Have not been in here in years (since Coula owned and ran it!) and we loved it! The T-bone for 2 was delicious. The saganacki (hot Greek cheese) with warm pita was top notch. The Greek salad with heirloom tomatoes was plentiful and delicious! The only negative was the lamb chops were a skimpier cut than they used to be back in the day, but still weren't bad. Just not quite what had been expected. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 62 reviews are from the Old Stove Pub reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/31/2014A great experience, what dining in the Hamptons should be like. Relaxing with great food.Special Features:
- Pretty good, not greatFinickyDined on 5/18/2014The steak was pretty good--not on a level with the MAJOR steak joints but good. They were out of the Porterhouse and suggested a stand-in that was good but not outstanding.Special Features:
- Don't botherPeterVIPDined on 5/17/2014Nice people, comfortable space but the food is expensive and just okay. I heard the steak is a reason people come so I ordered one (not the $90 offering which is a shocking asking price) and it was just okay. Tuna tartar was 50% tuna and 50% RED ONIONS! At $21 come on. My friend went for lamb chops and they were teeny. I waited 20 years to try and it will be another 20 before I return
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014The best steak and Greek food in the Hamptons! Old Stove Pub is a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedVIPDined on 4/4/2014Steak was warm on a cold plate. Sent it back. Greek salad bland , not properly dressed.
- Very nicegreatdinnerDined on 3/7/2014The food is very good but a little too expensive, so our host George suggested sharing of certain items & there was more than enough for each share. The menu is quite limited but the steaks and Greek cuisine are extremely good. Nicely set & table-clothed tables, good for conversation and enjoyment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ordered the 16oz steakshimDined on 12/20/2013We ordered the 16oz steak cooked Medium but both steaks were really rare. We ordered sides of mashed and they were cold along with our veggie sides. One of us ordered the salmon steak and although it tasted great, it was also cold. Then we ordered the baklava and that was dry and seemed like it had been in the refrigerator for weeks. We expected a lot more given the prices of everything. Not worth the money at all! The only good part was the wine and our lovely waiter.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2013In November 2013 arranged for a small family birthday/dinner by phone with owner of The Old Stove Pub, George. The setting (on the enclosed and cozily-heated traditional porch) was very pleasant. The service was terrific (mostly by Shannon), and the food was really wonderful. We had a kind of "personalized" prix fixe and it was an amazing value. I am recommending the Old Stove Pub, a place where my parents went for decades, to all my friends, for all those reasons I mentioned above and the reassurance that it's still possible to have such an evening on a Saturday night in "The Hamptons".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uneven. Very pleasant placeTomSDined on 11/16/2013Uneven. Very pleasant place but, for the prices you are paying, it should be at a higher level. Started with an excellent Greek salad. The spinach pie should be avoided, tastless and watery. The main courses we had, roast chicken and lamb chops, were good. Wines by the glass mediocre. Service on a relatively quiet evening in November was good, pleasant and attentive. The setting is very nice.Special Features:
- worst service in a long timereviewerDined on 10/11/2013Server was terrible. We were not even in our seats and he asked us if we want drinks. No sooner did we place the order and the appetizers were on the table. As we were finishingup dinner the waiter was telling us about dessert. I had to tell him not to bring it until we were finished.Special Features:
- veal chops were amazinghamptonfoodieDined on 10/11/2013Best veal chop I have ever had, ordered it med rare, came out perfect. My wife had their "classic" steak, best steak we have had out in the east end in a very long time. Nice staff from the bartender to our waiter who was a nice college kid who was on point. They have gotten it right here we are def new regulars, can't wait to be back- if you go make sure you meet George!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad it is back to the oldRoosenburgVIPDined on 10/5/2013Very friendly service, waiting times for the food were very long, otherwise everything was excellent and delicious !Special Features:
- Sadly disappointedMESfoodDined on 9/28/2013I have been anxiously waiting for the crowds to die down to go to Old Stove Pub. I had heard the steaks were great. The steaks very very good but that was the only thing. It could be a great cozy spot but it just misses, the music, the service, the atmosphere just doesn't work and it's very pricey for only having good steak. Wish it wasn't true , but someone needs to totally rework this restaurant and start over. Wanted it to be great. I won't go back, all my friends have had the same experience.Special Features:
- So SoPaulDined on 9/24/2013Service was fine, as it should have been because there were only 2 other small parties in restaurant. One member of our party ordered steakburger from fixed price menu and received a steak which had a $3 supplemental charge. When I was last at that restaurant, several years ago, I recall having an excellent veal chop. Under newer management, veal chop is no longer on menu. Definitely would not return.
- Great Greek foodpaul59Dined on 9/7/2013The "new" Old Stove Pub, goes back to the original days, great steaks, lamb chops and Greek specialities.Special Features:
- Finally tried old stoveNewyearseveDined on 9/5/2013We've been frightened away by the poor service reviews but decided to give it a try. Very ice restaurant. The food was very good with a string Greek influence, the owner/ manager was very pleasant, but the service WAS still a little spotty. We only ordered one side dish with our steaks and they forgot it. When we inquired, they substituted French fries instead. Granted they did not charge us, but they should be able to get one side dish on the table at the same time as two dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool place, weird serviceCmrestreviewsDined on 8/29/2013Atmosphere really nice, some wait staff nice, but bar service awful. Took forever to get drinks--then couldn't get one (never came) even after complaining to the receptionist (because no one at bar).
- Old Stove Pubep314Dined on 8/26/2013Excellent appetizers. Signature steaks had a lot of gristle, but perhaps that is the cut. Greek doughnuts for dessert were excellent, and sides were excellent. Service was slow, and server repeatedly brought the wrong dish. Perhaps busy Monday late in season left them understaffed. Manager was very friendly and helped with the service, clearing table. While that was appreciated, one can only imagine how slow service would have been if manager did not help with service. Very expensive. $350 for three people, two glasses of wine, and one shared dessert. Even for Hamptons, that is high.
- Missing the Veal ChopJennyDVIPDined on 8/14/2013I used to go to the original Old Stove Pub and was disappointed to see my favorite veal-chop was no longer on the menu. I guess I'm not the only one because a woman at the next table from ours was telling her server the exact same thing. The food and experience was good, but not to the level of the original. The pre-fix is a good value. The servers and other staff were all very good and friendly.
- Was very disappointed. TheyFoodie7VIPDined on 8/3/2013Was very disappointed. They claim to be a Greek steakhouse and the steaks had a absolutely no taste at all The vegetables were frozen and also tasteless and the waiter was terrible. This meal was my worst meal I have eaten so far in the Hamptons and I would never return.Special Features:
- Nice eating outsideTrustedreviewerVIPDined on 8/2/2013Food was ok---stick to the appetizers-steak was just ok but fish was better. I thought The steal was slightly overpriced since it was the same price as the palm but not as good!Special Features:
- Success has gone to theirRichardVIPDined on 7/30/2013Success has gone to their heads. Had to ask for everything. Setups. napkins, water, S&P. No follow up service during dinner. Untrained waitstaff. No support. Kitchen OK. Uneven portions. Wrong side order. Sad!
- They had no air conditioningamyrVIPDined on 7/15/2013They had no air conditioning on one of the hottest days of the year so we had to choose between outdoor tables with bugs or porch tables with heat. Food was fine but total experience was not. They claim A/C is to be installed momentarily. Call first!
- Enjoyable Greek style diningArturoDined on 7/9/2013Restaurant policy to serve family style salad together with appetizers is a mistake. Appetizers should be served separately to allow patrons to enjoy the lovely and ample Greek salad. Server brought the ordered beer after the main course was completed. In all other respects the service and food Could not be faulted. It would be nice to have menus printed on more durable stock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing old favoritedisillusionedVIPDined on 7/5/2013The new reopened Old Stove Pub was a major disappointment from the service to the food (served warm), the evening was a bust. Overpriced and under delivered , the steak was cooked incorrectly and the size of a diner steak. Thin and dry. Ceasar salad wasnt a ceasar salad at all but iceberg lettuce with some creamy dressing. Wait staff was slow and inefficient. they brought out our main course before our appetizers! Vety slow and the wait for the food was interminable
- Old Stove PubdsolDined on 7/3/2013The dinning room doesnt have A/C so it was unbearably hot. They sat us on time for our 8:30 reservation. We were still waiting for our food at 10:45, we got up and left as did several other tables. The manager was rude and offered no explanation.
- Dont botherfoodie54Dined on 7/2/2013The service was really poor. The waiter had to be asked several times before he brought everyones food. He never brought drinks we ordered, He was very apologetic to us and offered to buy us a round of drinks. We noticed other patrons complaining and leaving without finishing their meals. I don't think it was any individuals fault just poor coordination