Old Stone Inn
109 Dolan Rd
Waynesville, NC 28786Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Old Stone Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://oldstoneinn.com/
- Phone: 8284563333
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Carey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
A word from Old Stone Inn
The Old Stone Inn offers a unique dining venue; our rustic stone walls, large wood burning fireplace and antique oak floors contrast nicely with our crisp black and white table linens and comfortable wheat-back Windsor chairs. We are just three minutes from Main Street tucked back in the woods for a feel of being far away from town high up in the mountains. Our menu features many of our "signature" dishes such as rack of lamb, hand-trimmed filet of beef, Butterflied local trout and Low Country shrimp & grits just to name a few. Chef specials are offered each week using fresh, seasonal and, when possible, local ingredients. Don't leave without trying our unique white chocolate bread pudding or one of our other delicious home made desserts. We also offer a full bar and a diverse unique wine selection. Whether you are a first time guest or a valued regular, it is always our goal to make your dining experience a special one.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Old Stone Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
- A final dinner at the Old Stone InnFoodiesMom1Dined on 11/2/2013I learned several days before going that the Inn is closing and I am heartbroken. This is one of my favorite places to dine when in Waynesville. Both my husband and I love the quiet and intimate ambiance, the roaring fire , the rustic décor. We both had the lamb which we love and the baked brie. If you have had the pleasure of dining here you know what a good meal it was. If you never took the time to discover this gem you have missed a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Western North Carolina FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2013Old Stone Inn is reliably excellent. We've never had anything but an outstanding meal there. The service is impeccable and the setting is elegant rustic. It is one of our favorite restaurants in all of western NC -- including Asheville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodWillsDined on 10/25/2013Have been to this restaurant many times. Food is always excellent. Atmosphere is fine, especially when there is a fire in the fireplace. Best martini in Western North Carolina. Previous owner had an attitude that had some saying they would never come back. Present ownership is welcoming and friendly. If you were put off, I suggest you give this place another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old world charnTheBritishGentDined on 10/21/2013A throw back to an era long gone The inn has all ambiance with a roaring fire throwing a perfect warm glow over the restaurant. Great food all fresh with local productsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemFoodieMDDined on 10/21/2013My parents have been going to Maggie Valley for 28 years. I got on Open Table, where I have had great luck finding excellent restaurants. I found this restaurant my family never knew existed in Waynesville. It is charming and the atmosphere is remote and special even though it is only a minute or two from downtown Waynesville. The service and food was great! We had the local trout and the lamb chops and the bananas foster bread pudding! I am a foodie who has traveled the world and I can say that we had an excellent dining experience. I look forward to visiting next year and years to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait.FrankDined on 10/19/2013During past visits to the Old Stone Inn we found the food to be gourmet. However, this time the food was equal to that of most "Chain" restaurants. Most disturbing was the fact that we waited for ONE HOUR from the time we ordered until we received our food. The waiter was kind enough to adjust our bill accordingly but, the wait was entirely too long.Special Features:
- Hike, dine and stay the night!happy2eatoutVIPDined on 10/16/2013We chanced upon the Old Stone Inn dining experience when we stayed at the Inn to hike our little bit of the AT. The restaurant was an incredible surprise not only for its convenience for us but for its own quality in service and delicious well prepared food. A culinary treat at the end of a day of outside activity.Special Features:
- In the colder months, askHenryDined on 10/12/2013In the colder months, ask for a seat by the fireplace!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic, Cozy Dining ExperienceRomanticDined on 10/12/2013If you like a rustic and cozy atmosphere, with outstanding food, this place is for you. If its cool out, there will be a fire in the beautiful rock fireplace. The service was great and very accomodating. Old Stone Mountain Lodge is only minutes from downtown Waynesville, and I highly reccomend you going. We will certainly go again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Equisite Cuisine & Rustic CharmBalsamRicky221Dined on 10/7/2013My title says it all. This is not our first visit to the Old Stone Inn and for good reason. We love the quaintness of the dining room, the simplicity of the menu and the quality of the food. I like a restaurant where the service is not rushed, table cloths and water glasses are kept filled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeAPLSDined on 10/5/2013Great experience. Seemed like an odd location at first, but it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Old Stone Inn continuesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2013The Old Stone Inn continues to be our favorite restaurant in Waynesville! The beautiful dining room, the excellent food, and the friendly staff make any evening there a Special Occasion! We would recommend to anyone who visits the lovely town of Waynesville to enjoy a dinner at the Inn...you will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too generousodogDined on 8/3/2013Old Stone Inn has changed a bit lately. The salads are large, and we used to order one to split. They would bring it already divided on two plates. Now it comes on one plate placed between us. The trout needed lemon, and I asked for some--they brought two TINY slices of lemon. I had to ask for more than that. Also, the trout had a fish flavor--unusual for fresh mountain trout. My husband had the filet and said it was delicious. Somehow, I didn't have the LOVE IT feeling that I usually have at Old Stone Inn. Still a great place to go in Waynesville for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Quiet, Rustic DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2013Overall, the experience was above average. The dining experience was quiet and the wait staff was very friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating. The restaurant is tucked away in a scenic woodsy area of town and is great for a romantic evening or quiet dinner. The food was good, not outstanding. My guest had the duck and it was a bit under seasoned and not quite as crispy as preferred. I had the rack of lamb and thought it was okay. Tuna appetizer was very good. The bread pudding dessert is well worth the trip. One of the best desserts I've had ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting placeBubbie1VIPDined on 7/27/2013Not far from ours B&B. Not a huge selection on menu and rather pricey. When we inquired about splitting an entree, the charge would,have been $10. My steak was good. Husband and others ordered the dish, which they felt wasn't great....
- Absolutely Delicious FoodDonaldDined on 7/22/2013The Old Stone Inn has a very accomplished chef. We were pleased with the service and quaint restaurant, but what really stands out is the quality and expertise of the the food that was served to us. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- The best dining experience in agesLoveFoodDined on 7/20/2013Loved everything about dining at the Old Stone Inn. The atmosphere. the wine, the dinner everything was perfection. Can't wait to go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tucked away in a pretty mountainPortojonVIPDined on 7/19/2013Tucked away in a pretty mountain setting, this lodge evokes feelings of a bygone era. Sit either in the old stone dining room or outdoors on a cool patio. Menu is basic upscale American with limited choices but all the expected staples were available and cooked as requested. Service was friendly and the courses were served at a nice spacing interval. Then wine list was acceptable if not special and there is a corkage policy. We were very pleased with the find(which we learned about reading reviews on Open Table.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visiting Old Stone Inn sinceswissrealtorDined on 7/18/2013Visiting Old Stone Inn since over 8 years, always very pleased with the ambiance, the service and the food and wine served. Good price/quality relation. Especially like the fireplace in winter, always make sure that I have a table near the fireplace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2013This little tucked away place is worth the trip. Food original and delicious. I would take anyone there.Special Features:
- would go back for a drink onlyMike0870Dined on 4/29/2013wasted my $20,00 award coupon - Food wasn't good as you would have hoped for since the overall appearance of the restaurant. Very disappointed.
- Great for the area!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2013Service and atmosphere was wonderful! Food is a little limited but good nonetheless! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Rustic yet elegant atmosphere with great food! Great find!Special Features:
- Looks bad on the outside butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/11/2013Looks bad on the outside but is completely different on the insideSpecial Features:
- Food and atmosphere was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Food and atmosphere was great! We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Off the beaten track thisOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/22/2013Off the beaten track this restaurant is sure to please those who are looking for an upscale dining experience in an intimate setting. Easily one of the best restaurants in Waynesville.Special Features:
- Perfect for a mountain weekend.FoodiesMom1Dined on 2/16/2013Perfect for a mountain weekend. Love the table by the fireplace.Special Features:
- Excellent location for a romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013Excellent location for a romantic evening or for a weekend get-a-way! Food and service outstanding! We will be going back!Special Features:
- Excellent as always. We haveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Excellent as always. We have been going to the Old Stone Inn for 15 years through 3 owners and it has always been wonderful dining.Special Features:
- 31 years of marriageOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2013Had a great time at the Old Stone Inn. Food was outstanding service was excellent. This was our first visit to the inn ; didn't even know it was there. Great way to celebrate 31 years of marriage.Special Features:
- This is a really unique, verysilversmithVIPDined on 2/11/2013This is a really unique, very handsome little restaurant in Waynesville. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal there. Cudos to the chef and owner. We will definitely be back.
- Our new favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/2/2013Our new favorite restaurant in Waynesville! We spent a snowy evening in front of the fireplace, enjoying an excellent glass of wine, a superb dinner, and an incredibly satisfying desert! We look forward to a return visit in the neart future!Special Features:
- Great food, unique setting.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013Great food, unique setting. It reminded me of a Williamsburg tavern. The one thing it lacks is a decent wine list. Minimum and poor choices.Special Features:
- Great place with a fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2013Great place with a fantastic staff . Will never book a stay in that area anywhere else!Special Features:
- Had a wonderful time for ausetobeVIPDined on 12/8/2012Had a wonderful time for a special occasion. Our table was available at our reserved time. The wait staff was friendly and professional. The food was brought out in a timely fashion and at the perfect temperature. The meal was plated beautifully, and most importantly it was delicious. I highly recommend the Lamb Rack. The ambiance, with the beautiful Christmas decor made our night very special indeed.Special Features:
- Lovely spot in WaynesvilleFoodiesMom1Dined on 11/3/2012Lovely spot in Waynesville for dinner. This was our second visit and we will return. Service is attentive but not intrusive. Food is well prepared and well presented. While their wine list is limited their corkage fee allows those that have a favorite bottle to enjoy it at their table.Special Features:
- Our food and service was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/30/2012Our food and service was very good. We noted the facility was for sale though, so not sure what that might mean for the future.Special Features:
- Rustic ChicditytilyDined on 10/30/2012Very nice place tucked away and secluded, but less than a mile from downtown. The atmosphere is rustic chic with a hint of olde tyme lodginess thrown in (big fireplace with animal heads on the wall). The wait staff was attentive and cordial. The cocktails were made perfectly to order. The menu, while not extensive, was well rounded. The food was prepared very well. The only deduction was for the appetizer (bruschetta) which while tasty, was not very substantial for the price, and the vegetables du jour (smashed potatoes, shredded red cabbage, and sauteed snow peas) were pretty minimal, too. You should treat yourself to a dinner at Old Stone Inn as it rivals Waynesville's excellent downtown restaurants and shouldn't be overlooked.Special Features:
- Couldn't have been nicer.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/29/2012Couldn't have been nicer. My guests greatly enjoyed the evening there.Special Features:
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012Scott and the Staff at Old Stone Inn accommodated our group of 13 exceptionally. This was our first time and can fully recommend this wonderful location. We will be back. Btw Lamb was great!Special Features: