Old School Tavern and Grill
201 Des Plaines Ave
Forest Park, IL 60130Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Old School Tavern and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oldschooltag.com/
- Phone: 7087713663x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30- 2:00am, Friday: 11:30- 3:00am; Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00am, Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00am, Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Ted Hosty
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: We do catering for 25-500
A word from Old School Tavern and Grill
Forest Park's Craft Bar. The place for great food and booze.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Old School Tavern and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- UneventfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2014Nothing to write home about. The service was very poor as the waitress did not get over to ask about drinks for 10 minutes after we sat down, yet found time to wait on another table that came in after us! The food is really glorified bar food and is not a barbeque or smokehouse as they would like you to believe. I probably will not go back there.
- Great spot!LoveRosebud1Dined on 3/15/2014Great local place for fun group gatherings! Staff great, food awesome! highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic "bar food"OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/4/2013You will be surprised, as we were, by the extensive menu at this neighborhood tavern. We went with a large group and only two people ordered the same thing. Plenty of interesting salads, sandwiches, and entrees are to be found. I tried the smoked pulled pork and it was so good that it didn't need the BBQ sauce offered in a side cup. My gluten free daughter was thrilled to see grilled chicken strips on the kids menu. I heard the steak salad was delicious. The only poor review came about the grilled chicken Caesar salad. "No flavor", which seemed strange since many times Caesars can be overpowering. Our group of 11 will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly staff, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 6/15/2013Friendly neighborhood spot with good food, great prices, friendly staff, and lots of good beer on tap. Casual sports bar vibe. Lots of local folks, kid friendly (but not TOO kid friendly), and they have a great deck and outdoor seating area with fire pit.Special Features:
- Certainly a bar atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2013Certainly a bar atmosphere. The food was very disappointing.
- Great neighborhood find!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/24/2013Great selection of beers! Food was outstanding. Lamb poutin for Palm Sunday. Great and friendly service! Would go back again.Special Features:
- Good Food. Good prices. WhatOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/15/2013Good Food. Good prices. What more can you ask for!Special Features:
- Just had a beer and some soup.NooneVIPDined on 3/5/2013Just had a beer and some soup. Soup was good. Beer choices get changed around often enough. Staff always super friendlySpecial Features:
- Nice beer list, friendly service.NooneVIPDined on 10/21/2012Nice beer list, friendly service. Brisket was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Comfortable local place withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012Comfortable local place with good food and beverages. Owners and staff are very friendly. Expect this place to evolve into a very popular spot.Special Features:
- Food was typical tavern typeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2012Food was typical tavern type food. They made attempt to be different by offering some different items. Very small menu so you would think they would have perfected the items better than what they did. The BBQ brisket is really good. Was a bit pricey for food that was served. We left feeling like we did not get a good value for our money spent.