Old Pueblo Grille
60 N. Alvernon Way
Tucson, AZ 85711Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
Old Pueblo Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oldpueblogrille.com/
- Phone: (520) 326-6000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00m - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Regional Mexican, Southwest, American
- Executive Chef: Bryan Vernon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: There is no catering too big or too small for Old Pueblo Grille! Birthdays, Weddings, Graduation or any gathering that you would want catered. We have a well trained and dedicated staff to handle any size event. Please contact us for details. (520) 326-6000
- Private Party Facilities: We offer the following private dining space where there is never an additional charge for the space when ordering lunch or dinner. Projection screens are available in both the Boardroom and the Library, also at no additional charge. Boardroom – up to 20 guests (require 12 to reserve) Library - up to 50 guests (require 30 to reserve as private) Private Patio – up to 30 guests (require 20 to reserve as private) Main Patio – up to 220 guests (require 90 to reserve as private) Please contact us or go online for details.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 5203266000
- Entertainment: Every Saturday and Sunday night 7pm-10pm Old Pueblo Grille hosts "The Pete Swan Trio" for Live Jazz in our Bar & Lounge.
A word from Old Pueblo Grille
Nestled in the heart of Tucson, locally owned and operated Old Pueblo Grille has a warm and inviting decor as well as an award winning patio. Serving a top rated southwestern/American cuisine, Old Pueblo Grille's unique flavors and dishes are a Tucson Favorite. Old Pueblo Grille specializes in large gatherings such as Weddings, Retirement Parties, Birthdays, Company Outings, and so much more. Located at 60 N. Alvernon (just north of Broadway on Alvernon) Old Pueblo Grille is the perfect location for your event or just a great place to enjoy a wonderful dining experience. OPG is a hidden gem in the heart of Tucson. We will see you there!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthwest
Old Pueblo Grille - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Old Pueblo Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (37)neighborhood gem (29)special occasion (24)good for groups (22)romantic (20)fit for foodies (18)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (5)late-night find (3)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Excellent Signature Dishes!retiredgirlDined on 11/19/2014As always, our food was just excellent; the Avocado Chicken and Parmesan Chicken NEVER disappoint--they are ALWAYS perfect! And the Baby Rack of BBQ Ribs almost made our friend die of culinary happiness! Our waiter was friendly but seemed to have a difficult time remembering and meeting our needs, such as providing us with bread plates after we'd used our first ones for our appetizers. Also, we noticed that none of the candles on the tables were lit (we dined from 6:15 to 7:30) which disappointed me as that's part of the usual overall ambience that I love and also encourages us to want to stay and order dessert and coffee, which we didn't do this time. Overall, still one of our favorite places to bring friends and out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere, traditional foodGerpVIPDined on 11/15/2014Better than average atmosphere inside and very nice patio outside with lights, fireplace and plenty of ambiance. The food is traditional, the usual suspects on a Mexican restaurant menu with a few unusual items. The house made guacamole is very average -- nothing special. They should have hot sauce on the tables. It's a fun place and we enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern Arizona charmJeannieVIPDined on 11/14/2014Australian friends enjoyed food, service and Southern Arizona atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Takes Southwest to a new levelPlatinumJagDined on 10/25/2014A special place for a romantic dinner or to enjoy with friends. The ambience provides the feeling of a southwest hacienda. Menu items are upscale, portions large, and very tasty.Special Features:
- DisappointedMaureenDined on 10/25/2014Lovely setting. The food was overpriced, nothing special. We will not be back.
- Great patio nice decor indoorsmonetkidsDined on 10/24/2014Fantastic menu with fresh interesting items, Poblano meatloaf great,chorizo mushrooms great,chile dusted salmon great, nice ambiance on the patio, indoors décor very nice. Great place for an occasion or romantic dining. Lots of large groups were on the patio, even with a patio reservation it was full but the indoors was very nice. Staff all very rushed but very nice, the entire team was working together. When in Tucson will go again and try for the patio in hopes of getting a patio table. This is a gem in Tucson not so much in the hustle and bustle of the downtown area, on the outskirts.Special Features:
- Perfunctory--has gone down a notchgglauDined on 10/23/2014We've eaten at the Old Pueblo Grill a number of times and this time was only so-so: the hostess was wearing a sweatsuit, so that kind of set the tone; service was good but very quick (to get people in and out quickly, we suppose); the food was decent but not outstanding; plating was so-so . . . the best word is that it was perfunctory: acceptable but nothing to write home about.Special Features:
- First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Went for my wife's birthday. Service exceptional and dinner was delicious. Thanks for a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Private Rotunda RoomTucsonTableQueenDined on 10/22/2014We requested the private room as we had a large family gathering along with our 4 year old grandson. We did not have to worry about disturbing the other diners, and of course, as always, the food was Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patioBostonkayDined on 10/17/2014We dined on the patio and it was very nice. Our server was ok - seemed a little put out to have to wait on us. She was not very familiar with the menu. There were a lot of Gluten-free items which is excellent for our crowd which includes 2 people with Celiacs. But again our server did not seem to take it too seriously ("do you want a flour tortilla with that?" Uh...no I literally just asked for it to be prepared GF. That does not imbue a lot of confidence.) But the food was very good and came to the table hot - so our server did some important thing right. The setting was really, really lovely. Our guests were very happy with the experience and we would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic patio!Rande222Dined on 10/11/2014Really cute restaurant with an amazing and very large patio! Service was amazing. Waitress was super friendly and even brought me a free cup of there mac and cheese just because I mentioned that it sounded delicious bit had ordered something else. Our family had a great time and everyone loved the food they ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointmentGenevieveVIPDined on 10/10/2014The food and service were bad. The outdoor patio ambiance is nice. We will not go again.
- First time & will be our lastOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2014Went for lunch yesterday and to say it was not a good experience would be an understatement. Service was poor. Food for 2 of 3 in the party was poor: A cold quesadilla with re-hardened cheese and no tomatoes; mushy fish tacos with no taste, white rice with no cilantro and no sour cream. There were 3 other tables in our room that were occupied so it's not like they were busy. We waited more than a full hour for our food. We would have asked our waitress about it but she was scarce. After an hour the waitress did ask if we'd like some chips & salsa because there was "some issue in the kitchen." Glasses on table were refilled once. Ended up getting a pitcher off the shelf & refilled ourselves. The only positive is that it is a nice venue.
- Dinner for FiveAtexanDined on 10/4/2014Five of us went to the Old Pueblo Grill for dinner. Two had salads; two had the salmon; one a combination enchilada plate. Everyone liked their food. Four ordered drinks and again, the drinks were good. There was a wedding on the patio but nice and quiet inside. We go about four times a year and always enjoy our visit.Special Features:
- disappointedDined on 10/4/2014I specifically made reservations for this restaurant because the patio was so highly rated. When we arrived, we were told that the patio was not available because a wedding was taking place. I was very surprised and disappointed. When allowing one to make reservations online, you should state on your website that the patio is not available on said date. I could have then made other plans at a restaurant which did have an available patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Outdoor PatioAmyinTucsonVIPDined on 10/3/2014Love this locally owned restaurant. Their outdoor patio is well screened from the street and all of their food is well prepared. For appetizers, we especially love the Creamy Poblano Soup, Chips and Salsa and the grilled steak quesadilla. On the far side of the patio is their smoker where they make the ribs, pork and chicken. My husband's two favorite entrees are the Roasted Poblano Meatloaf and the Hatch Green Chile Pot Roast. I like any of the BBQ selections plus the grilled “Off The Skewer” Half Pound of Shrimp.Special Features:
- Lovely ambiance!KFKatfoxDined on 9/13/2014Loved the property, we wished it would have been a little cooler so we could have eaten outdoors! The inside was nice too. We thought the menu was very interesting with lots of good choices. Unfortunately the service was not on par with the ambiance and food. Our waiter seemed constantly rushed and didn't know some basic menu information. He was pleasant, but failed to ask if we wanted another drink. We had to flag him down. They didn't bring new silverware after clearing our appetizers and the flatware. Again, we had to ask. Our food was very good and we enjoyed it. We will go back again because we would like to try eating outside. We will hope to receive better service on our next visit!!Special Features:
- Greeeat Fooodmab19VIPDined on 8/31/2014We dined with friends and enjoyed our Mexican food immensely. The ambience of Old Pueblo Grille is extraordinary. The service was great../ All in all a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseLabdog1940Dined on 8/31/2014Visiting from out of town, found through Trip Advisor. Menu looked good, as did the ratings. Enjoyed both the food and the atmosphere very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014The restaurant was okay from an appearance point of view although very dated! However, the quality of the food was pretty bad. Overcooked, not very hot, poorly seasoned sort of sums it up. Server was friendly but his performance in keeping glasses filled with water, iced tea, hot coffee was not good! I would not return to this restaurant.
- Yes, sir!TJeatsDined on 8/18/2014Naomi, the waitress was great. The food was interesting AND tasty. Good price for fine qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistent qualitysawbonesDined on 8/16/2014The OPG catered our wedding one year ago and continues to be one of or our favorite place to go here for lunch or dinner. The food is consistently excellent and the atmosphere, whether inside or out , one of the best in Tucson.Special Features:
- Dinner with GrandparentElkiddDined on 8/11/2014I took my grandmother here and she loves the restaurant. Had good service, excellent food and an overall great experience. I would recommend the Old Pueblo Grille to anyone who enjoys traditional southwestern cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceDeniseDined on 8/5/2014We had a very patient waiter, who was personable and helpful...wish I could remember his name! The calamari made with peppers was delicious. Not a big wine list, but it had enough. I had the sea bass & shrimp and it was good but a little overwhelmed by the avocado sauce and I love avocados! My friend had the grilled avocado chicken which she said was good, but was a big portion. My husband ordered the OPG BBQ Sampler, but instead he got no chicken and a half a rack of ribs. He was a little disappointed, but said the ribs were good. We stayed late talking and visiting...the server was very kind to take our pictures before we left. They had a number of menu items that were gluten-free.Special Features:
- Our go-to when company is in townTraverseTheUniverseDined on 8/2/2014Overall good experience. My spouse and I have been here on several occasions. The food is delicious and has not once disappointed. We booked a large party recently, and everyone raved about how good their food was - from the avocado chicken to the chicken parm, to the green chile pot roast. Great all around. For this review, however, ambiance is a 2-fair because our large party was sat in a hallway. Granted, the reservation was made the morning-of, but it was not busy when we arrived at 8pm. Tables were mix-and-match, uneven height to each other, and were not level - so they rocked. Many people in the party commented on it during dinner, and the fact that we could see an empty, nicer seating area right next to us in an actual room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe next timeeatoutlotsDined on 8/1/2014We were a party of five celebrating two birthdays and looking forward to a good meal and good time. We had a good time. Our wait person seemed very distracted forgeting drink orders and other requests. The dining room was about sixty percent full and there were sufficient staff to accomidate everyone. The food was warm (kind of ) and most of us enjoyed our selections. At the end of the meal we had to go find someone to pay our bill, as we had show tickets and were running a little late. No hostess, no waiter no buss person. We have always enjoyed dining here and will return again.Special Features:
- Good, if unremarkableForeverFoodieVIPDined on 7/26/2014Our group of five had dinner at Old Pueblo Grill. Overall, the experience was typical, if not extraordinary. The service was competent, but the server did not go out of her way to make our experience special in any way. The dining room decor was pleasant and welcoming. My meal featured the sea bass and shrimp. The plate was served with an avocado sauce that covered the sea bass, but not the shrimp. While the sauce was pleasant, if not particularly flavorful, the abundance of the sauce coating the fish pretty much overwhelmed the flavor of the sea bass. The shrimp were cooked appropriately.Special Features:
- The following 576 reviews are from the Old Pueblo Grille reviews archive.
- Local FavoriteOldPuebloGalDined on 7/24/2014A reliably good restaurant with a nice ambience, beautiful patio (weather permitting), efficient service and good foodSpecial Features:
- Good Work Lunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/21/2014Service was fast and Trevor did a nice job checking back on us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencesfoodfestDined on 7/19/2014The atmosphere was very nice, and the food was absolutely delicious. I had a wonderful time celebrating my friend's birthday!Special Features:
- lovegoodfoodlovegoodfoodDined on 7/17/2014This is one of the upscale Mexican restaurants in town. It has a good menu with a sufficient variety of Mexican dishes. The specialty drinks are interesting and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014though we had to send the salad back due to the chef's lack of enthusiasm of ingredients it was fixed. Our wait staff was very gracious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impromptu DinnerFoodSnobVIPDined on 7/7/2014Decided last minute to have my daughter drive 2 hours to Tucson for dinner. She needed the nightime driving hours. Randomly picked OPG from reviews on Open Table. My daughters loved the Mac and cheese. The corn muffins were different - not bad just not tasty. My youngest teenage daughter had the burger which she loved. I had the BBQ sampler with short ribs and ribs. The beef short rib (sampler came with 1) was delicious and tender. The ribs were dry and drenched in BBQ sauce (I assume to moisten the ribs). I are only one. The beans were bland. I didn't eat much of my food. The waiter didn't ask if I had an issue with my food (even when I denied wrapping a full plate of food to go). The prickly pear marguarita recommended was too sugary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with BettyJlc19Dined on 7/7/2014Quick and friendly service. The Cuban sandwich was delicious and filling. Lived the salsa and chips. Plenty of ice tea refills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brian FlynnMopar281Dined on 7/6/2014My family and I went to this location for a birthday lunch. It was pretty warm inside when we were seated. The waiter came over and took our order when the entire party arrived. At this time I was enjoying conversations with my family when I noticed one of the cooks went out to the smoker and was wearing a "Joe's Crab Shack" t-shirt. This is a negative advertising for this location since it was Old Pueblo Grille. The the waiter came to our table and told a member of my party that the cooks didn't know how to make a Smoked Chicken Relleno which is on the menu and that it would take a bit longer to get another dish to him. Well he got the smoked chicken relleno, but I was a bit dissatisfied with hearing that they didn't know how to make it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truely Southwest at its BestPlatinumJagDined on 7/5/2014An old time favorite in Tucson, the Old Pueblo Grill is a jewel of a restaurant. The menu is truly Southwest with many unusual, somewhat exotic, but very tasty items. Great for a romantic dinner, or for a family celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014Old Pueblo has been our favorite for a number of years. The bar is a great place for early dinner and drinks. The five-dollar appetizers are a great value. The food is consistently good, with several unique dishes such as the Sonoran chicken Parmesan; The macaroni and cheese is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal and AtmosphereNWTucDinerDined on 6/27/2014We are regular customers to Old Pueblo and this time around was no different than the others. The hostess was kind enough to take the special request of wishing my fiancé a happy birthday upon our arrival. Once seated we were immediately met with our server and had our drinks. For a Friday it was not too packed, so the food came out quickly and was delicious as always. I greatly recommend the chipotle fries to anyone who hasn't tried them. Great food at a great price in an atmosphere that's always inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time at this restaurantdexterDined on 6/27/2014very nice dinner, Paco did excellent job as server, outdoor dining would be fine when temps moderate or late evening, lots of outdoor seatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinnerTucsonGregDined on 6/16/2014Our dinner was decent....nothing spectacular. Service was good, although I do think they were somewhat understaffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.