Old Pueblo Grille
60 N. Alvernon Way
Tucson, AZ 85711Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
Old Pueblo Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oldpueblogrille.com/
- Phone: 5203266000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00m - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Regional Mexican, Southwest, American
- Executive Chef: Bryan Vernon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: There is no catering too big or too small for Old Pueblo Grille! Birthdays, Weddings, Graduation or any gathering that you would want catered. We have a well trained and dedicated staff to handle any size event. Please contact us for details. (520) 326-6000
- Private Party Facilities: We offer the following private dining space where there is never an additional charge for the space when ordering lunch or dinner. Projection screens are available in both the Boardroom and the Library, also at no additional charge. Boardroom – up to 20 guests (require 12 to reserve) Library - up to 50 guests (require 30 to reserve as private) Private Patio – up to 30 guests (require 20 to reserve as private) Main Patio – up to 220 guests (require 90 to reserve as private) Please contact us or go online for details.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 5203266000
- Entertainment: Every Saturday and Sunday night 7pm-10pm Old Pueblo Grille hosts "The Pete Swan Trio" for Live Jazz in our Bar & Lounge.
A word from Old Pueblo Grille
Nestled in the heart of Tucson, locally owned and operated Old Pueblo Grille has a warm and inviting decor as well as an award winning patio. Serving a top rated southwestern/American cuisine, Old Pueblo Grille's unique flavors and dishes are a Tucson Favorite. Old Pueblo Grille specializes in large gatherings such as Weddings, Retirement Parties, Birthdays, Company Outings, and so much more. Located at 60 N. Alvernon (just north of Broadway on Alvernon) Old Pueblo Grille is the perfect location for your event or just a great place to enjoy a wonderful dining experience. OPG is a hidden gem in the heart of Tucson. We will see you there!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthwest
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Old Pueblo Grille - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Old Pueblo Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (39)neighborhood gem (33)special occasion (30)good for groups (27)great for lunch (22)romantic (20)fit for foodies (18)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (7)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- Yes, sir!TJeatsDined on 8/18/2014Naomi, the waitress was great. The food was interesting AND tasty. Good price for fine qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistent qualitysawbonesDined on 8/16/2014The OPG catered our wedding one year ago and continues to be one of or our favorite place to go here for lunch or dinner. The food is consistently excellent and the atmosphere, whether inside or out , one of the best in Tucson.Special Features:
- Dinner with GrandparentElkiddDined on 8/11/2014I took my grandmother here and she loves the restaurant. Had good service, excellent food and an overall great experience. I would recommend the Old Pueblo Grille to anyone who enjoys traditional southwestern cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceDeniseDined on 8/5/2014We had a very patient waiter, who was personable and helpful...wish I could remember his name! The calamari made with peppers was delicious. Not a big wine list, but it had enough. I had the sea bass & shrimp and it was good but a little overwhelmed by the avocado sauce and I love avocados! My friend had the grilled avocado chicken which she said was good, but was a big portion. My husband ordered the OPG BBQ Sampler, but instead he got no chicken and a half a rack of ribs. He was a little disappointed, but said the ribs were good. We stayed late talking and visiting...the server was very kind to take our pictures before we left. They had a number of menu items that were gluten-free.Special Features:
- Our go-to when company is in townTraverseTheUniverseDined on 8/2/2014Overall good experience. My spouse and I have been here on several occasions. The food is delicious and has not once disappointed. We booked a large party recently, and everyone raved about how good their food was - from the avocado chicken to the chicken parm, to the green chile pot roast. Great all around. For this review, however, ambiance is a 2-fair because our large party was sat in a hallway. Granted, the reservation was made the morning-of, but it was not busy when we arrived at 8pm. Tables were mix-and-match, uneven height to each other, and were not level - so they rocked. Many people in the party commented on it during dinner, and the fact that we could see an empty, nicer seating area right next to us in an actual room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe next timeeatoutlotsDined on 8/1/2014We were a party of five celebrating two birthdays and looking forward to a good meal and good time. We had a good time. Our wait person seemed very distracted forgeting drink orders and other requests. The dining room was about sixty percent full and there were sufficient staff to accomidate everyone. The food was warm (kind of ) and most of us enjoyed our selections. At the end of the meal we had to go find someone to pay our bill, as we had show tickets and were running a little late. No hostess, no waiter no buss person. We have always enjoyed dining here and will return again.Special Features:
- Good, if unremarkableForeverFoodieVIPDined on 7/26/2014Our group of five had dinner at Old Pueblo Grill. Overall, the experience was typical, if not extraordinary. The service was competent, but the server did not go out of her way to make our experience special in any way. The dining room decor was pleasant and welcoming. My meal featured the sea bass and shrimp. The plate was served with an avocado sauce that covered the sea bass, but not the shrimp. While the sauce was pleasant, if not particularly flavorful, the abundance of the sauce coating the fish pretty much overwhelmed the flavor of the sea bass. The shrimp were cooked appropriately.Special Features:
- Local FavoriteOldPuebloGalDined on 7/24/2014A reliably good restaurant with a nice ambience, beautiful patio (weather permitting), efficient service and good foodSpecial Features:
- Good Work Lunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/21/2014Service was fast and Trevor did a nice job checking back on us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencesfoodfestDined on 7/19/2014The atmosphere was very nice, and the food was absolutely delicious. I had a wonderful time celebrating my friend's birthday!Special Features:
- lovegoodfoodlovegoodfoodDined on 7/17/2014This is one of the upscale Mexican restaurants in town. It has a good menu with a sufficient variety of Mexican dishes. The specialty drinks are interesting and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014though we had to send the salad back due to the chef's lack of enthusiasm of ingredients it was fixed. Our wait staff was very gracious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impromptu DinnerFoodSnobVIPDined on 7/7/2014Decided last minute to have my daughter drive 2 hours to Tucson for dinner. She needed the nightime driving hours. Randomly picked OPG from reviews on Open Table. My daughters loved the Mac and cheese. The corn muffins were different - not bad just not tasty. My youngest teenage daughter had the burger which she loved. I had the BBQ sampler with short ribs and ribs. The beef short rib (sampler came with 1) was delicious and tender. The ribs were dry and drenched in BBQ sauce (I assume to moisten the ribs). I are only one. The beans were bland. I didn't eat much of my food. The waiter didn't ask if I had an issue with my food (even when I denied wrapping a full plate of food to go). The prickly pear marguarita recommended was too sugary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with BettyJlc19Dined on 7/7/2014Quick and friendly service. The Cuban sandwich was delicious and filling. Lived the salsa and chips. Plenty of ice tea refills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brian FlynnMopar281Dined on 7/6/2014My family and I went to this location for a birthday lunch. It was pretty warm inside when we were seated. The waiter came over and took our order when the entire party arrived. At this time I was enjoying conversations with my family when I noticed one of the cooks went out to the smoker and was wearing a "Joe's Crab Shack" t-shirt. This is a negative advertising for this location since it was Old Pueblo Grille. The the waiter came to our table and told a member of my party that the cooks didn't know how to make a Smoked Chicken Relleno which is on the menu and that it would take a bit longer to get another dish to him. Well he got the smoked chicken relleno, but I was a bit dissatisfied with hearing that they didn't know how to make it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truely Southwest at its BestPlatinumJagDined on 7/5/2014An old time favorite in Tucson, the Old Pueblo Grill is a jewel of a restaurant. The menu is truly Southwest with many unusual, somewhat exotic, but very tasty items. Great for a romantic dinner, or for a family celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014Old Pueblo has been our favorite for a number of years. The bar is a great place for early dinner and drinks. The five-dollar appetizers are a great value. The food is consistently good, with several unique dishes such as the Sonoran chicken Parmesan; The macaroni and cheese is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal and AtmosphereNWTucDinerDined on 6/27/2014We are regular customers to Old Pueblo and this time around was no different than the others. The hostess was kind enough to take the special request of wishing my fiancé a happy birthday upon our arrival. Once seated we were immediately met with our server and had our drinks. For a Friday it was not too packed, so the food came out quickly and was delicious as always. I greatly recommend the chipotle fries to anyone who hasn't tried them. Great food at a great price in an atmosphere that's always inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time at this restaurantdexterDined on 6/27/2014very nice dinner, Paco did excellent job as server, outdoor dining would be fine when temps moderate or late evening, lots of outdoor seatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinnerTucsonGregDined on 6/16/2014Our dinner was decent....nothing spectacular. Service was good, although I do think they were somewhat understaffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and cocktails.SueMVIPDined on 6/14/2014We tried the prickly pear margarita and would highly recommend it. The Three Amigo was a very good choice for our entree. A lot of food for one person but very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegetarien FoodSwissmissDined on 6/12/2014Everything was very good, it should have more vegetarien food.Special Features:
- JCRADined on 6/10/2014Other than the service being VERY slow, the experience was enjoyable.Special Features:
- perfect eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014My friend and I needed to catch up after some time and this was the perfect setting to sit, talk and enjoy some good food. Plus it was her birthday! Our service person was very professional yet approachable and we enjoyed the food, the desserts and the ambiance (except for the crying baby next to our booth, but that can't be helped, I understand).Special Features:
- great food, noisyrev114VIPDined on 6/7/2014Usually much quieter... but still great food. Love the ghost margeritaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Excellent/professional service and the quality food is exceptionalSpecial Features:
- Always a good mealMaggieDined on 5/29/2014Love their patio - the best in town We usually go on Sunday night for their happy hour and jazz night.Special Features:
- Class ReunionWalknhiDined on 5/29/2014A small group of us, eight, met to 'catch up' after a lot of years. The room with a round table and eight chairs would have been perfect except the reverberation in the room made it impossible to talk. The staff very nicely placed us elsewhere at our request...the food was good, the service wonderful, but being in a room by ourselves took away from the ambience of being at the Old Pueblo Grille. I think four or fivew people could be more easily accommodated and would have a great time.Special Features:
- Old Pueblo Grill ExperienceluvOPGDined on 5/24/2014Old Pueblo Grill [OPG] is a long time favorite of ours in Tucson. We have been going to OPG for decades to celebrate all types of occasions. Our latest occasion was to get together with dear family members from Northern California that were passing through town that we had not seen in almost eight years. Paco, our waiter, did a great job with our table. He did not push us to order as he could see that we were busy getting caught up on all that had happened in our lives since the last time we had seen one another. The appetizer sampler plate that we ordered was plentiful and all items were very tasty. The food that we all ordered was beautiful to the eye and very tasty to our palates. Thanks OPG for another special time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ExperiencebudelmDined on 5/24/2014The food was ok. Mac and cheese with chicken parmagiana(sp)bud elm was unusual. Would have preferred a salad included with dinner. The bar drink was well made.Special Features:
- Love Old Pueblo GrillrwehomeDined on 5/18/2014We always love Old Pueblo Grill. The food is unique and very tasty and the service is friendly and very well done. The atmosphere really reflects the old Tucson feel and that is special in itself. We hope that others who have not been there will give it a try. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Pueblo Family CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2014A wonderful restaurant to celebrate special occassions. Delicious, creative Southestern food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first and last night at OPGSuperbDined on 5/14/2014What a beautiful old style place - I was really excited to dine upon recommendation from a client. Bar service was great, appetizers were good. We asked for outside seating as the evening weather was very nice and the front patio looked beautiful. We left the bar and broke up a group employee conversation at the hostess desk - awkward! Dinner arrived - steaks were cooked correctly. The food lacked seasoning and needed a serious dose of artistic plating. I would guess our server had little or no experience. She seemed uncomfortable and annoyed. I would guess there was not a manager on duty and/or the manager that night was as young as the staff and is working among friends. I will not be dining at OPG again.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining ExperienceDavidDinesDined on 5/11/2014In our opinion, Pueblo Grill is one of the restaurant gems in Tucson. It has a wonderful ambiance and is elegant, but not too formal. The staff is always pleasant, friendly, courteous, polite and professional. We've eaten at the Pueblo Grill multiple times over the years. Any meal we've had has been excellent and we've never been disappointed.Special Features:
- U of A family dinnermjsbdmomDined on 5/10/2014Nice place to take your kids out for an hour for dinner when visiting them at U of A...good food, good atmosphere and close to U of A.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Find!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/5/2014This was our first time at Old Pueblo Grille. We WILL be back!! The food was GREAT. Our waiter took the time to explain the menu/ give recommendations. I had the Mac and Cheese w/ Hatch Green Chiles I love Mac and Cheese. This was up there at the top of my list as one of my favorites! We had the pulled pork. You could tasted the smokey favor in the pork as they smoke a lot of the meats. Someone else tried the enchiladas. They thought they were good - also tasting the smokiness of the beef! OH! And my Prickly Pear Margarita was just right. Some places make it way too sweet. Can't wait to go back and tried the Pot Roast. It sounds amazing. And eat outside on the Patio. It looks like such a fun place to enjoy a nite out.Special Features:
- Consistency goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/5/2014Always a great place to bring visitors. Food and Service is always good. Location and building is unique and memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/20146:45 reservation, we arrived 10 minutes early and seated immediately. The restaurant was great, clean, decor and such. However the front dining room was almost empty and no parking was available. We had to park across the street. Drinks were very good from the bar. My guest had ordered fajitas, we were all surprised that when they were served, the girdles were not "sizzling hot". Admittedly, the food was cooked and very tasteful. I had the Carne Asada, it was very tasteful, however a bit dry. I am assuming that the kitchen was occupied with a large group in a banquet room, and maybe our food was not served as quickly as it should have been. I would go again someday and try something different
- Finally, a quiet place for dinnerrev114VIPDined on 4/30/2014Great food without music to make conversation difficult. I could hold whispered discussions with my wife while enjoying a 4 star meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 544 reviews are from the Old Pueblo Grille reviews archive.
- Administrative Assistant LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/23/2014Thank you for the very pleasant lunch I had with my assistant yesterday. First and formost the food and service was very good. We were able to enjoy each other's company and salute the great work my assistant does for me everyday. The extra benefits on the side were: 1) my assistant got an email reminder of the special day which saved me from forgetting 2) I was able to quickly make an online reservation 3) We saw some business associates and some local celebraties (Corey Willaims) and 4) Best of all I got one free entree.Special Features: