Old Oyster Factory
101 Marshland Rd
Hilton Head Island, SC 29926Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Old Oyster Factory
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://oldoysterfactory.com/
- Phone: (843) 681-6040
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 4:45pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Andy Love
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private area upstairs accommodates 55ppl
Semi private area off of main dining room seats 70ppl.
- Private Party Contact: Craig Ryan 8436816040x
- Entertainment: We offer nightly live music and a juggler from Memorial Day weekend through the middle of August.
- Special Events: Fall & Winter Oyster Roasts
A word from Old Oyster Factory
Hilton Head's Finest Seafood & Steakhouse.Continued
Beautiful views and sunsets from every table overlooking Broad Creek.
Beautiful views and sunsets from every table overlooking Broad Creek.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Old Oyster Factory - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
Old Oyster Factory reviews from OpenTable diners
237 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (197)great for outdoor dining (112)good for groups (109)kid-friendly (96)special occasion (70)fit for foodies (65)neighborhood gem (49)romantic (44)hot spot (32)notable wine list (25)vibrant bar scene (19)great for lunch (17)great for brunch (12)late-night find (5)Show More
- Consistently deliciousLesliesusan27VIPDined on 11/12/2014We often dine here, always delicious. We started with the Smoked Salmon appetizer which is one of our favorites. I had the crab cake and my husband ordered the lobster special. The service was spot on- friendly, prompt, food served hot; thanks to Laura! We will definitely return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd times a charmNSappDined on 11/9/2014After the first two times being mediocre, this last time we went was the best. Yummy food, good service, always great viewsSpecial Features:
- Sunset diningmyhhDined on 11/7/2014We arrived for an earlier than usual dinner reservation since our 2 young grandchildren were with us. All of the adults decided to order from the Sunset Dining menu. There is great variety and it is an exceptional value. Our server Petey was excellent. All in all, a great family evening.Special Features:
- ChoosyCoopChoosyCoopDined on 11/4/2014We enjoy Old Oyster Factory each time we travel to Hilton Head. We have never been disappointed in the food, but did experience less than wonderful service this time. In fairness, it seemed that they may have been short on help that evening, as our server was not available as needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodHH4evrVIPDined on 11/1/2014We had an oyster feast - raw oysters to start and fried oyster entrée. Both were delicious! The hush puppies were good too. The fried food was not greasy or overly battered. Don't feel guilty about fried food here. Salad and cole slaw were both good. The view is spectacular, so go early enough to enjoy. lots of good seafood choices, but steak is on the menu too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations metAngloparkDined on 11/1/2014I requested a table with a view as we were bringing family visiting from England - this was waiting for us upon arrival. All the seafood dishes were excellent - have never had a bad meal at this restaurant. The waitress was very attentive but not overly so. Being local residents, we only dine at this restaurant in the non-tourist season as it is very popular with the visitors and reservations are not accepted.Special Features:
- FrogDined on 10/30/2014Loved the relaxed atmosphere. Service & food was excellent. Did find the restaurant to be noisySpecial Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/29/2014Service was slow even though they were not very busy. Food came out lukewarm and had to send back.
- Dining for everyonekateedriveDined on 10/28/2014Is excellent for single, couple, family or groups. Delicious food selections in every grouping.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Okay!ATeamDined on 10/27/2014My wife and I heard lots of good talk about the Old Oyster Factory and decided to finally make it out for dinner one night. The service was great but that's about all. Our hushpuppies were super cold, my wife's steak was over seasoned with salt and my oysters rockefeller was fairly cold as well.
- LovetoeattoomucheatingDined on 10/26/2014We were seated by the window in the bar area and had a magnificent view of the marsh side oh HHI. The hush puppies were perfectly done and our entrees delicious. Don't think you can go wrong here.Special Features:
- On the Half ShellOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/21/2014Visiting The Old Oyster Factory is a must when we come to Hilton Head. This time we enjoyed some succulent Blue Point oysters on the half shell before our entree. The gumbo and wedge salad are delicious.Special Features:
- Okay...maybe they had an off nightMaggieDined on 10/18/2014The experience wasn't as great as I expected, but it wasn't horrible. We were seated quickly with the Open Table reservation. Waitress was initially great with the drink order, but disappeared afterward. Another waiter took our order and he was great. Food came out accurately, but overall our service was not very good. Felt like the second waiter was trying to make up where the initial waitress left off. Steak was great, but the sides were not up to par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Camcorder1VIPDined on 10/18/2014This is the second time that we had to ask if our table had a server.Special Features:
- Dining with kidsPirateDined on 10/17/2014This was an amazing local seafood restaurant. We were visiting off season and were seated quickly outside for a spectacular view. The food was very good and prices were expected being in hilton head. The only thing that brought down my rating was our server. In our entire time of being served he never once smiled and barely came back to see how we were doing. I actually had to flag him down to get another drink. I do expect a little service when paying over $100 for a dinner. The food and view won the experience and we will return next year.Special Features:
- Great PlacePaulMDined on 10/16/2014We were seated with 10 minutes of our reservation despite the crowds. Waiter was excellent. The hush puppies were the best any of our party of 6 has ever had. Meals were excellent and desserts had wonderful presentations.Special Features:
- ButchRyderDined on 10/15/2014Bustling, low country spot right on the Marsh. We ate at the bar and were well-served by Shannon and Gretchen. Entry-level oysters a little pricey, but worth every bite. Must try beer battered cod and complementary hush puppies. Warning: suggest you share as the portions are generous.Special Features:
- Great Old Oyster factoryBonnyeDined on 10/11/2014We had made a reservation and were seated right away. We had six in our party and everyone was happy. The hush puppies are wonderful. We needed to get a second basket. I had fried oysters and they were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local favoriteluvlocalseatsDined on 10/11/2014One of the few good places that show up in all of the coupon books and map ad's. The food is quality. If you can get a table outside, the view and ambience is worth it. We would go back.Special Features:
- Loved itDfowlerDined on 10/11/2014The food was great. I highly recommend the almond crusted Mahi. The crab cakes were excellent as well. Plus, they have some of the best hush puppies I've ever eaten! Service was great too. Took a while to get those great hush puppies, but otherwise very fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DannyboyVIPDined on 10/10/2014Very nice...would highly recommend it, especially for seafood lovers,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as usualFoodiefamDined on 10/9/2014We visit Old oyster factory everytime we are on the island. Always with a large group and they easily accommodate us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view!OhioDined on 10/8/2014We were lucky enough to be seated outside to enjoy the water view and sunset! Our menu selections included salmon with pineapple mango salsa, scallops and mahi mahi. The mahi was a little dry but the vegetables were crisp and the hush puppies the very best! This place can accommodate the whole family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014We took my 18 yr. old granddaughter there for her birthday, and taking her grandfather back on Sunday for his birthday. We loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoanieJoanieDined on 10/6/2014Restaurant is situated beautifully on the marsh...unfortunately could not be there early for sunset. Food, service, and ambiance very good. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Best view on Islandjhorgan13VIPDined on 10/6/2014Still the best sunset view. Food has really improved recently.Special Features:
- A mustkywomanDined on 10/6/2014Go around sunset any time of year, and just watch the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnificent views!!Kat7901Dined on 10/5/2014The best part has to be the amazing views! But the food is excellent, the service great and the overall experience is top notch! One of our favorite restaurants on the island!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MoondogDined on 10/3/2014Really enjoyed being able to make a reservation on-line. We arrived early due to the rain, but told the hostess we were in no hurry. Our only request was a window table and we were quite willing to wait. We found two seats at the bar, thanks to a young man who lived nearby, and spent an enjoyable 1/2 hour talking to him. We were seated a little after our requested time (at a window with a nice view of the marsh). Our server was quick to take our order and was very pleasant. Service was good, food was excellent. I was, however, disappointed with the hush puppies. Everything else was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit this weektmamaDined on 10/3/2014Our first visit earlier this week to the Old Oyster Factory was so superb we had to come back with family.our meals were great. Our server the first night was Frank. We asked for him again the 2nd night. We have spent out last 3 anniversary dinners at the Old Oyster factory. Easily one of the best restaurants on the planets. Their hush puppies are to die for( coming from a Northern girl) . Ask for Frank to serve you. He is an excellent server and an outstanding young man.Special Features:
- greatralphVIPDined on 10/2/2014One diner said:"The best fish I ever had". I agreeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Island peopleCarolinaAutumnDined on 10/1/2014We enjoy the Old Oyster Factory. They have a great selection of fresh seafood and wines and the views are great, especially the room facing the marshland Presentations are very professional and portions are generous.. They have a gluten-free menu for those suffering from celiac disease. I eat here with my loved ones every time I visit the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scene great, restaurant okSandymodDined on 10/1/2014Not sure about the high ratings. Thought the food was good and the service ok. The view of the marshes was unique for us. The early bird special prices were very reasonable.Special Features:
- Always specialWishboneDined on 9/28/2014Aways a must when visiting the island. Brought newbys with us. Atmosphere great, courteous front desk staff, great friendly, waiter , Frank, food was delicious and plenty of it. We always go early to have a drink at the bar as we like the atmosphere, but this time, experience was not comfortable. The bartender, Roger needs a lesson in service. A genuine smile, a friendly interaction even if you are busy. That's part of being a bartender. Took orders for 2 of 3 , walked away and completely ignored the 3rd who was sitting on the middle stool, between us. Even when he brought our drinks, did not ask. Never happened before, hope not again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice on Hilton Head IslandMickey41Dined on 9/28/2014Excellent service, great seafood. The customer noise level was high, staff noise level low to normal. Definitely will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great but noisy.Bitzy1Dined on 9/28/2014We are a family of 10 so sat at a large round table. Noise level was so high could not hear convèrsation across table. But as always food and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rascalDined on 9/27/2014We had an excellent meal with good service. We were there with friends and they liked it tooSpecial Features:
- Good food, excellent atmosphereblufftonfoodie72Dined on 9/27/2014Third visit here. Brought my inlaws. Food is always good. Stuffed flounder may have been a tab bit buttery and shrimp Cesear is overpriced but overall food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frank our waiter is fabuloustmamaDined on 9/27/2014We will return to OLD oyster this week. There are so many more things on the menu we want to try. We will request Framk as our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local place with killer viewsEatoutsDined on 9/27/2014This restaurant is a favorite for great food, wonderful views and fun atmosphere ! Don't miss the experience - eat outside weather permitting - surrounded by natural beauty & water viewsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.