Old Oyster Factory
101 Marshland Rd
Hilton Head Island, SC 29926Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Old Oyster Factory
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://oldoysterfactory.com/
- Phone: 8436816040x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 4:45pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Andy Love
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private area upstairs accommodates 55ppl
Semi private area off of main dining room seats 70ppl.
- Private Party Contact: Craig Ryan 8436816040x
- Entertainment: We offer nightly live music and a juggler from Memorial Day weekend through the middle of August.
- Special Events: Fall & Winter Oyster Roasts
A word from Old Oyster Factory
Hilton Head's Finest Seafood & Steakhouse.Continued
Beautiful views and sunsets from every table overlooking Broad Creek.
Beautiful views and sunsets from every table overlooking Broad Creek.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Old Oyster Factory - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
Old Oyster Factory reviews from OpenTable diners
363 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (309)kid-friendly (180)great for outdoor dining (179)good for groups (172)special occasion (109)fit for foodies (70)romantic (60)neighborhood gem (53)hot spot (40)notable wine list (31)great for lunch (23)vibrant bar scene (18)great for brunch (16)late-night find (13)Show More
- Best SeafoodluvgoodfoodDined on 8/28/2014This was our second visit and this time we brought another couple with us and it was their first time and we all greatly enjoyed it. The service was excellent, the food was spectacular. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone, couples, and families. The seafood was great but they do have an extensive menu to suit everyones palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with a viewROMANCEDined on 8/25/2014Very nice restaurant. Offers both indoor and outside dinning with a view of the cove and wildlife area. Great for letting kids watch the wildlife while adults enjoy a fine dinning experience. Also great for dining without kids to have a more adult like ambience. The service was quick and friendly and the food hot and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family DinnerolivesDined on 8/25/2014Excellent food and drink for family gathering. My wife and I went the night before for a date night (nice table overlooking the water) and decided to return with the extended family. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great for Date NightolivesDined on 8/24/2014My wife and I had an excellent experience...we come back every year when visiting Hilton Head Island. The view was wonderful and the service was excellent. Our waiter was very attentive but allowed us to take our time and enjoy our date night out. We highly recommend this establishment for both couples and for families.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014enjoyed every aspect of dinner, the view, the ambience as we watched the sun set over the water, we are here for the week, will probably go back later in week, enjoyed a Tilapia dish that was on special that eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at Old Oyster FactoryJordangoodVIPDined on 8/24/2014Excellent selection of seafood and wonderful view and attentive service at Old Oyster FactorySpecial Features:
- On the waterdineNdashVIPDined on 8/22/2014My partner and I had a beautiful dinner here, on our last night in Hilton Head. We sat outside and had a wonderful view of the sunset over the water. The food was fantastic as well. I had the almond crusted Mahi Mahi which was flavorful and light. Our server, Petey, was knowledgeable and friendly!Special Features:
- Enjoyable evening with friends!DinetteDined on 8/21/2014Food was very good, server was most accommodating, nice water views, loved being able to make a reservation at this restaurant....we are local and never went there in the summer, so it is nice to be able to go back in the tourist months. Our friends were celebrating their anniversary, and they brought a complimentary key lime pie which was very much appreciated. Would always recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to go with large familyCatujimDined on 8/19/2014Easy seating for group of 11 with only an hours notice. Vegan and vegetarian options. Calamari was a pretty generic, but everything else was great. Bug spray was supplied for night time outside dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality service and food.....mikemDined on 8/18/2014Party of 10 with 4 children, 4-12.....Service and food outstanding, location scenic and staff accommodating........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DakotaDined on 8/17/2014Very noisy. Service slow. Food tasted good but every dinner and appetizer came out cold to warm. Told hostess but nothing was done about it. Just said sorry she would tell the chef.Special Features:
- Special request acceptedNothingfancyDined on 8/17/2014We have been dining at the Old Oyster Factory for years and we asked for a dish that had been discontinued from the menu. Our waiter Bill said it was no problem, they would make it for us. They did and it was yummy, just as we remembered it. Thanks Bill and thanks Old Oyster...see you next time we visit the Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surpriseAlaboDined on 8/17/2014We went here for dinner with my in-laws and had a wonderful meal. The food was amazing and accommodated both my mom-in-law and mines dietary restrictions without any issues. Do go for desert. It is well worth it.Special Features:
- always good!annieVIPDined on 8/16/2014Had a great meal. Felt rushed though. As a resident we love taking our guests hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh seafood and great serviceRSDunwoodyVIPDined on 8/15/2014We returned again tonight with some friends and sat on the patio. Great view. Ordered the Mahi tonight and it was perfectly prepared. Out guest had the Filet and it was cooked to perfect temperature. Everything is freshly prepared and fresh. Coconut shrimp appetizer really good as well. Our server was Frances and she kept up with everything we needed and provided great service. Desserts fantastic. We has the Chocolate Mousse and the Chocolate Melting cake and both were served with fresh fruit and great! Recommend this restaurant to anyone that wants a great freshly prepared dinner with a great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not up to usual standardsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014Old Oyster Factory is a long-time favorite of ours, but I must say we were very disappointed on our last visit. The food was very average at best and certainly not up to the usual standards. I hope it was just an off night!!!!
- Old Oyster Factory - awesomeRoxboroNCDined on 8/15/2014Absolutely loved the Oyster Moscavit. Had I known it was so good I would have ordered 2 dozen and skipped the meal I purchased. The oysters were supperb, topped with really fresh salmon, horse raddish cream sauce and caviar. The hushpuppies are really good also. I will definitely be back for the oysters!Special Features:
- Good food, OK serviceJoejoeDined on 8/14/2014Great restaurant. I made a reservation for 7 people through OpenTable. We sat right down when we got there. Service was a little bit slow at first, but we didn't wait that long once we ordered. The seafood platter was excellent and the crab chowder I got was super tasty. The chowder had an excellent flavor, but had a lot of potatoes in it. Being from New England, I like a chowder with more meat than potatoes. A couple people in my party got lobster and said it was delicious. I would definitely go back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceRisecrewDined on 8/14/2014This restaurant has delicious food and our kids loved watching the fisherman. After dinner we went to outside deck and listened to music and the kids had so much fun w the juggling artist. Very kid friendly and fun for adults too. All and all a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not As ExpectedsaveyourmoneyDined on 8/14/2014After reading several reviews my husband and I decided to try the Old Oyster Factory restaurant, however we were greatly disappointed. I ordered the seafood medley and my husband ordered the fried seafood platter. To my dismay the fried food was better but very small oysters. On the seafood medley the scallops and shrimp were good but not great. The fish was cooked to death and did not taste good. The sauce was like a gravy that covered the dish and it tasted very old. Our daughter ordered the kid's pasta and the sauce looked like it had been sitting under a heat lamp all day. We were very dissatisfied with the food for what it cost over $100. I can not recommend eating here. Save your money.Special Features:
- Seafood & sunsetsDinnerNightOutDined on 8/14/2014A true gem! Outstanding views only to be outdone by the service and food. Our server Jessica was fantastic! Crab dip was out of this world. Surf & turf blew us away! Outdoor entertainment was great including the fire juggling! Will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceRSDunwoodyVIPDined on 8/13/2014The Crab & Artichoke appetizer is really great and freshly prepared. The lobster tail and shrimp were excellent. Great view from the patio of the marsh. Service from Frances was great she explained the menu and kept us with everything we needed. The manager Bomnie md her entire team do an excellent job. Would recommend you try this restaurant above others in the area. Desserts are all great and ours have fresh fruit on it.Special Features:
- Can't wait to come back next yearchrissedonDined on 8/13/2014We've come here the past times we've been to Hilton Head and I can't seem to get away from you! Your servers are so polite, the atmosphere is wonderful, and the food, the food is awesome! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SEAFOOD DININGVashtiVIPDined on 8/13/2014TO START WE SHARED A DOZEN RAW CHESAPEAK OYSTERS THAT WERE OT OF THIS WORLD. MY WIFE HAD A GROUPER DINNER AND I HAD SWORD FISH. BOTH WERE OUT OF THE BALL PARK! I ASKED FOR A WATER VIEW TABLE, THAT WE GOT--NOT EASY IN THE SUMMER AT THIS RESORT DESTINATION. WE HAD NOT EATEN AT THE OLD OYSTER FACTORY FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS AND GLAD WE GOT REAQUAINTED.(WE ARE LOCALS)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Watch the Tuesday FireworksWeeatoutalotDined on 8/12/2014We visited on Tuesday and watched the fireworks without a crowd across the bay. We sat outside and it was perfect. Food and service were good. We would recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at The Oyster FactoryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014A friendly, nautically themed atmosphere was wonderfully complimented by great service and deliciously flavourful food. The swordfish was cooked to perfection and enhanced by an amazing sauce. Servings were affordable and pleasantly generous. We have travelled around the world and have eaten many different dishes- but this experience happily stands out amongst the best. Keep up the great work. Many thanks to our server Chloe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Declining ValuesurferleeDined on 8/11/2014We have been to the Old Oyster Factory many times over the years. I believe our most recent visit was a disappointment. They seated our group in the bar and the sun was in our eyes. We asked to be moved and after a 15 minute wait, they moved us to the dining room. The noise level was a bit high. The prices were also high and the quality of the food was so so. I found the appetizers appeared to have been prepared earlier and left out for some time and were a bit dried out. The oysters were not as fresh as they have been in the past. The main courses, mostly fish were ok, but not great.Special Features:
- Best of the Trip!WebkatDined on 8/11/2014By far our favorite dining experience on Hilton Head - Old Oyster Factory is tucked in the marsh area of the island. There's a beautiful view of water and marsh, with lots of seabirds. The back deck features live music and entertainment - we didn't want to leave it when our table was ready! The tide comes in and floods the walk to the back deck, so either be prepared for wet feet or plan accordingly. We sat outside for dinner and watched the sun set as the tide came in; the food and service were great, and the whole family had a great time - our favorite dining experience for all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice Experience - All Aroundtnelso14Dined on 8/10/2014Our visit to the Old Oyster Factory was GREAT! Everyone in our party enjoyed their food. Our desserts were huge and tasty endings to our meals. Someone's child yelled, screamed, and crawled around the dining room which was the reason for a moderate rating for Noise Level.Special Features:
- Great "last night" dinner at OOF!PartyOf10Dined on 8/8/2014Even though we weren't able to sit outside, our dinner experience at Old Oyster Factory was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten freeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014Has a decent gluten free menu. Wait staff was knowledgable about allergies
- AWESOMEBillDined on 8/8/2014This is one of Hilton Head's very best seafood restaurants. We are locals and love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceBluffDined on 8/8/2014Our party of 6 ate outside. The food was excellent. Our waitress was very attentive and the service was excellent. I love dining outside at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Worst dinner says our familyTruthTeller66Dined on 8/7/2014The night we ate at the Old Oyster Factory, they were out of Sonoma Cutrer wine, they were out of the swordfish, out of the mahi-mahi, out of the pork chops. The salad was pathetic. Now I remember why I don't eat at restaurants with the name "Factory" in it. The Old Oyster Factory is aptly named - OLD. Our entire family agreed that it was our worst meal in Hilton Head Island this year.
- Great for a special occasion!CTN47reviewerDined on 8/7/2014Enjoyed everything about OOF! It was my birthday so we bit the bullet and made reservations for 6. We were surprised to be seated immediately at a scenic table overlooking the marsh! Oysters were superb, menu and service were outstanding! We will be back, this restaurant is underrated on HHI! Open table reservations were key to vacation happiness!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful SettingDJfoodmissionVIPDined on 8/6/2014Family friendly, beautiful view, and food was good as well. Low country shrimp boil was excellent. Dessert menu limited and what was on the menu was nothing special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretentiously overpricedwineanddineDined on 8/5/2014We arrived a little before our 8 pm reservation and were told by the bewildered teenagers at the hostess stand our table was not ready. They directed us to wait at the outside bar for drinks & entertainment. The bartender gave me the tab and I thought there was a math error. How can a 16 oz. Lite cost $5.85 and a tiny glass (plastic "glass", no less!) of Riesling cost $9. I guess that is how they pay for the outside entertainment because when I ordered the same glass of wine at dinner...it was only $7.50 and a Bud Light Draft was $4.25 Thirty minutes later...seated. Waiter overwhelmed, food average, vinyl tablecloths, noisy with kids. One basket of 6 hushpuppies for 5 adults. Seriously? Asked for refill before waiter even walked away!Special Features:
- Good Food and Good TimefiresubcDined on 8/5/2014What more can I say we have been coming to this restaurant for 20+ years and have never had a bad meal or bad service the owner runs a great business and his staff reflects this, you may have to wait a while due to the crowds but its worth the wait. Go on a Tuesday night and watch the Shelter Cove fireworks from the back deckSpecial Features:
- vacation favoriteBlacKmanDined on 8/5/2014We look forward to eating here every year on our family vacation to Hilton Head.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HecticUpscaleDined on 8/4/2014Good food, good service would rate as an upscale fish house. Has come down a bit, for example no salad with dinner. The personallity has become more mondane.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.