Old Oyster Factory
101 Marshland Rd
Hilton Head Island, SC 29926Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Old Oyster Factory
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://oldoysterfactory.com/
- Phone: 8436816040x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 4:45pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Andy Love
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private area upstairs accommodates 55ppl
Semi private area off of main dining room seats 70ppl.
- Private Party Contact: Craig Ryan 8436816040x
- Entertainment: We offer nightly live music and a juggler from Memorial Day weekend through the middle of August.
- Special Events: Fall & Winter Oyster Roasts
A word from Old Oyster Factory
Hilton Head's Finest Seafood & Steakhouse.Continued
Beautiful views and sunsets from every table overlooking Broad Creek.
Beautiful views and sunsets from every table overlooking Broad Creek.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Old Oyster Factory - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
Old Oyster Factory reviews from OpenTable diners
345 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (294)kid-friendly (170)great for outdoor dining (167)good for groups (160)special occasion (108)fit for foodies (91)romantic (66)neighborhood gem (62)hot spot (44)notable wine list (35)vibrant bar scene (25)great for lunch (19)great for brunch (14)late-night find (8)Show More
- Dining with kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014This was an amazing local seafood restaurant. We were visiting off season and were seated quickly outside for a spectacular view. The food was very good and prices were expected being in hilton head. The only thing that brought down my rating was our server. In our entire time of being served he never once smiled and barely came back to see how we were doing. I actually had to flag him down to get another drink. I do expect a little service when paying over $100 for a dinner. The food and view won the experience and we will return next year.Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014We were seated with 10 minutes of our reservation despite the crowds. Waiter was excellent. The hush puppies were the best any of our party of 6 has ever had. Meals were excellent and desserts had wonderful presentations.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/15/2014Bustling, low country spot right on the Marsh. We ate at the bar and were well-served by Shannon and Gretchen. Entry-level oysters a little pricey, but worth every bite. Must try beer battered cod and complementary hush puppies. Warning: suggest you share as the portions are generous.Special Features:
- Great Old Oyster factoryBonnyeDined on 10/11/2014We had made a reservation and were seated right away. We had six in our party and everyone was happy. The hush puppies are wonderful. We needed to get a second basket. I had fried oysters and they were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local favoriteluvlocalseatsDined on 10/11/2014One of the few good places that show up in all of the coupon books and map ad's. The food is quality. If you can get a table outside, the view and ambience is worth it. We would go back.Special Features:
- Loved itDfowlerDined on 10/11/2014The food was great. I highly recommend the almond crusted Mahi. The crab cakes were excellent as well. Plus, they have some of the best hush puppies I've ever eaten! Service was great too. Took a while to get those great hush puppies, but otherwise very fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DannyboyVIPDined on 10/10/2014Very nice...would highly recommend it, especially for seafood lovers,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as usualFoodiefamDined on 10/9/2014We visit Old oyster factory everytime we are on the island. Always with a large group and they easily accommodate us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view!OhioDined on 10/8/2014We were lucky enough to be seated outside to enjoy the water view and sunset! Our menu selections included salmon with pineapple mango salsa, scallops and mahi mahi. The mahi was a little dry but the vegetables were crisp and the hush puppies the very best! This place can accommodate the whole family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014We took my 18 yr. old granddaughter there for her birthday, and taking her grandfather back on Sunday for his birthday. We loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoanieJoanieDined on 10/6/2014Restaurant is situated beautifully on the marsh...unfortunately could not be there early for sunset. Food, service, and ambiance very good. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Best view on Islandjhorgan13VIPDined on 10/6/2014Still the best sunset view. Food has really improved recently.Special Features:
- A mustOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/6/2014Go around sunset any time of year, and just watch the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnificent views!!Kat7901Dined on 10/5/2014The best part has to be the amazing views! But the food is excellent, the service great and the overall experience is top notch! One of our favorite restaurants on the island!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MoondogDined on 10/3/2014Really enjoyed being able to make a reservation on-line. We arrived early due to the rain, but told the hostess we were in no hurry. Our only request was a window table and we were quite willing to wait. We found two seats at the bar, thanks to a young man who lived nearby, and spent an enjoyable 1/2 hour talking to him. We were seated a little after our requested time (at a window with a nice view of the marsh). Our server was quick to take our order and was very pleasant. Service was good, food was excellent. I was, however, disappointed with the hush puppies. Everything else was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit this weektmamaDined on 10/3/2014Our first visit earlier this week to the Old Oyster Factory was so superb we had to come back with family.our meals were great. Our server the first night was Frank. We asked for him again the 2nd night. We have spent out last 3 anniversary dinners at the Old Oyster factory. Easily one of the best restaurants on the planets. Their hush puppies are to die for( coming from a Northern girl) . Ask for Frank to serve you. He is an excellent server and an outstanding young man.Special Features:
- greatralphVIPDined on 10/2/2014One diner said:"The best fish I ever had". I agreeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Island peopleCarolinaAutumnDined on 10/1/2014We enjoy the Old Oyster Factory. They have a great selection of fresh seafood and wines and the views are great, especially the room facing the marshland Presentations are very professional and portions are generous.. They have a gluten-free menu for those suffering from celiac disease. I eat here with my loved ones every time I visit the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scene great, restaurant okSandymodDined on 10/1/2014Not sure about the high ratings. Thought the food was good and the service ok. The view of the marshes was unique for us. The early bird special prices were very reasonable.Special Features:
- Always specialWishboneDined on 9/28/2014Aways a must when visiting the island. Brought newbys with us. Atmosphere great, courteous front desk staff, great friendly, waiter , Frank, food was delicious and plenty of it. We always go early to have a drink at the bar as we like the atmosphere, but this time, experience was not comfortable. The bartender, Roger needs a lesson in service. A genuine smile, a friendly interaction even if you are busy. That's part of being a bartender. Took orders for 2 of 3 , walked away and completely ignored the 3rd who was sitting on the middle stool, between us. Even when he brought our drinks, did not ask. Never happened before, hope not again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice on Hilton Head IslandMickey41Dined on 9/28/2014Excellent service, great seafood. The customer noise level was high, staff noise level low to normal. Definitely will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great but noisy.Bitzy1Dined on 9/28/2014We are a family of 10 so sat at a large round table. Noise level was so high could not hear convèrsation across table. But as always food and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rascalDined on 9/27/2014We had an excellent meal with good service. We were there with friends and they liked it tooSpecial Features:
- Good food, excellent atmosphereblufftonfoodie72Dined on 9/27/2014Third visit here. Brought my inlaws. Food is always good. Stuffed flounder may have been a tab bit buttery and shrimp Cesear is overpriced but overall food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frank our waiter is fabuloustmamaDined on 9/27/2014We will return to OLD oyster this week. There are so many more things on the menu we want to try. We will request Framk as our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local place with killer viewsEatoutsDined on 9/27/2014This restaurant is a favorite for great food, wonderful views and fun atmosphere ! Don't miss the experience - eat outside weather permitting - surrounded by natural beauty & water viewsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Oyster Factory Quality DiningCraigDined on 9/25/2014We ask around while staying in Bluffton, SC what was the best place to have seafood. 9 out of 10 all answered Old Oyster Factory. So, we went for dinner. The food was of the highest quality with layers of taste. The service was excellent. The noise was a bit loud, but as the customers left, noise level came down some. I wanted to go back the second night, but my wife insisted we try the 1 in 10 that came up second choice. All in all I would highly recommend this wonderful place for a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed Outdoor Dinner!!HHInewbiesDined on 9/25/2014Wanted to go to a restaurant that had good outdoor seating with some kind of water view. The Old Oyster Factory fit that bill and being off the main waterway made for a quiet setting. Loved our experience. Food was excellent and service was attentive. All five us in our party had a different dish and loved them all.Special Features:
- Indymom3OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014My husband and I were recently vacationing in Hilton Head for the week. Though we enjoyed all of our meals, we both agreed that our dinnerl here was our favorite during our stay. I had the broiled scallops and my husband had the seafood medley. Both were wonderful! The scallops were very tender. There were several large groups that night, but our server was very efficient, and each course was timed perfectly.Special Features:
- OVER RATED RESTAURANTNONIMPRESSEDDined on 9/19/2014We were really looking forward to a special night. It was just ordinary food and overpriced. Server had such a heavy accent it was difficult to understand him.
- Great foodPatron1Dined on 9/19/2014Wait staff really energetic. Food was excellent. They take reservations and we were seated immediately when we got there. Menu has many choices. I do not think this is a place for children but overall we enjoyed our entrees. It is expensive but I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Oyster is great.ACfunDined on 9/16/2014Old Oyster is a great find on Hilton Head Island. Food is great, service is wonderful, friendly, overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it was...Anniversary34Dined on 9/14/2014We have eaten there many times over the last 15*yrs. we hadn't been there for 2 yrs and decided to go back. Disappointing, I remembered the food quality as being much better. Next year we will select another place.Special Features:
- Wish I'd known!BigredmomDined on 9/13/2014Average food, good service by Aleena but this was a disaster. Screaming chdren-3 no less-seated next to us-and parents did little to nothing about it. Food was average, but overpriced given lack of any ambiance.
- Happy Hour at the barGinMillDJVIPDined on 9/12/2014Bar menu was much better than table side dining. I would go back and only sit at the bar for appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tastefully DoneRemarkDined on 9/12/2014This is truly one of our return visit places. It works well for family and for couples. We love the view and the many great entrees. The staff is courteous and provide for a worthwhile and enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Old Oyster Factory FunDrJHADined on 9/6/2014This was a fun evening. Our waitress was an elementary school teacher and very personable, quick, and efficient. Food was very good and fairly priced. Come for the view of the bay and marshes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great locals and for touristsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The Old Oyster Factory has been a Hilton Head favorite for very many years. During the tourist's season, reservations a few days in advance would be needed. As a resident, I got reservations on a Saturday for a Saturday night. Everyone in our group, 5 of 6 residents, loved the food and found the overall experience, including the food and the views, to be among the best in Hilton Head. I recommend it without hesitation. (I cannot comment on the bar scene or of it being a "hot spot". Look to others to comment on those areas.)Special Features:
- A wonderful experienceGiggleboxDined on 9/6/2014We made reservations and were seated promptly. Lauren, our waitress, gave us recommendations from the menu which helped our selection. Everyone at the table enjoyed their meal. In fact, it was the best meal of the whole week. I ordered the scallops based on the recommendation and they were cooked to perfection. My husband and I also shared a wedge salad which was quite large for a side salad. The hushpuppies weren't as good as Hudson's, sorry. But our food overall killed our meal from there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesKatiebugzDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I live in Rincon, Georgia. The Old Oyster Factory is one of our 3 favorite restaurants for special occasions. While we cannot fit a visit to the Old Oyster Factory into our budget more than once or twice a year, it is always on the top of the list when considering where to celebrate a special event in our lives. The food is wonderful, the atmosphere is relaxing and the staff is always friendly and welcoming.Special Features: