Old Oyster Factory
101 Marshland Rd
Hilton Head Island, SC 29926Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Old Oyster Factory
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://oldoysterfactory.com/
- Phone: 8436816040x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 4:45pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Andy Love
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private area upstairs accommodates 55ppl
Semi private area off of main dining room seats 70ppl.
- Private Party Contact: Craig Ryan 8436816040x
- Entertainment: We offer nightly live music and a juggler from Memorial Day weekend through the middle of August.
- Special Events: Fall & Winter Oyster Roasts
A word from Old Oyster Factory
Hilton Head's Finest Seafood & Steakhouse.Continued
Beautiful views and sunsets from every table overlooking Broad Creek.
Beautiful views and sunsets from every table overlooking Broad Creek.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Old Oyster Factory - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
Old Oyster Factory reviews from OpenTable diners
367 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (312)kid-friendly (185)good for groups (170)great for outdoor dining (170)special occasion (110)fit for foodies (77)romantic (64)neighborhood gem (57)hot spot (40)notable wine list (30)great for lunch (21)vibrant bar scene (19)great for brunch (13)late-night find (10)Show More
- Old Oyster is great.ACfunDined on 9/16/2014Old Oyster is a great find on Hilton Head Island. Food is great, service is wonderful, friendly, overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it was...Anniversary34Dined on 9/14/2014We have eaten there many times over the last 15*yrs. we hadn't been there for 2 yrs and decided to go back. Disappointing, I remembered the food quality as being much better. Next year we will select another place.Special Features:
- Wish I'd known!BigredmomDined on 9/13/2014Average food, good service by Aleena but this was a disaster. Screaming chdren-3 no less-seated next to us-and parents did little to nothing about it. Food was average, but overpriced given lack of any ambiance.
- Happy Hour at the barGinMillDJDined on 9/12/2014Bar menu was much better than table side dining. I would go back and only sit at the bar for appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tastefully DoneRemarkDined on 9/12/2014This is truly one of our return visit places. It works well for family and for couples. We love the view and the many great entrees. The staff is courteous and provide for a worthwhile and enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Old Oyster Factory FunDrJHADined on 9/6/2014This was a fun evening. Our waitress was an elementary school teacher and very personable, quick, and efficient. Food was very good and fairly priced. Come for the view of the bay and marshes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great locals and for touristsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The Old Oyster Factory has been a Hilton Head favorite for very many years. During the tourist's season, reservations a few days in advance would be needed. As a resident, I got reservations on a Saturday for a Saturday night. Everyone in our group, 5 of 6 residents, loved the food and found the overall experience, including the food and the views, to be among the best in Hilton Head. I recommend it without hesitation. (I cannot comment on the bar scene or of it being a "hot spot". Look to others to comment on those areas.)Special Features:
- A wonderful experienceGiggleboxDined on 9/6/2014We made reservations and were seated promptly. Lauren, our waitress, gave us recommendations from the menu which helped our selection. Everyone at the table enjoyed their meal. In fact, it was the best meal of the whole week. I ordered the scallops based on the recommendation and they were cooked to perfection. My husband and I also shared a wedge salad which was quite large for a side salad. The hushpuppies weren't as good as Hudson's, sorry. But our food overall killed our meal from there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesKatiebugzDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I live in Rincon, Georgia. The Old Oyster Factory is one of our 3 favorite restaurants for special occasions. While we cannot fit a visit to the Old Oyster Factory into our budget more than once or twice a year, it is always on the top of the list when considering where to celebrate a special event in our lives. The food is wonderful, the atmosphere is relaxing and the staff is always friendly and welcoming.Special Features:
- Beautiful View but...FoodieCharlestonDined on 9/6/2014I am from Charleston so I always have a high bar set for food quality. The view is the draw but the food is not good at all. I would equate it with Applebys or Ruby Tuesday. In my opinion this place is good for light fare and drinks at the bar only. If you are a foodie you will not be impressed. Seemed very touristy.Special Features:
- NonFoodieDined on 9/5/2014View is amazing inside and out, glass wraps the entire back of the building, Beautiful wood ceiling beams and candlelight dining make it very romantic. I don't think there is really a bad seat in the whole place. Nearly all Seafood, could use a few more non-seafood choices, but, I believe they would have been very accommodating with substitutes. Food was fantastic and Server was friendly and fast!Special Features:
- A Trusted FavoriteKarenDined on 9/5/2014If anything, OOF was even better this year than last. We had a reservation, obviously. Outside dining was not a great option as it had been raining off and on all evening. But we had a table by the windows to catch the last bit of daylight. The hush puppies were excellent. They are not better anywhere else on the island. I had crab cakes and we Marylanders are particular about them. Delish and shell free. My daughter and husband had a tilapia special that was excellent. Most entrees now come with rice or whipped potatoes. You can get a baked potato, but they are not nearly as good (my first one was basically uncooked) as when they were served still wrapped in aluminum. Portion sizes remain generous.Special Features:
- Perfect dinnersaycrewsDined on 9/5/2014Our food was delicious and the presentation was beautiful. It is amazing that a "tourist" spot had mouth watering delicious food! In addition to the food and great service the view from our water front table was absolutely spectacular. A perfect dinner out.Special Features:
- Good Fish entreesDCslimDined on 9/4/2014Our party of 3 had the swordfish, salmon, and mahi, each of which were nicely spiced and juicy. The salad with warm bacon dressing was outstanding, the hush pups just ok. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dine!BrunnerSmith1Dined on 9/1/2014The whole experience is delightful! The staff was polite and accommodating. The food was amazing. Would definitely recommend making a reservation on line to avoid long waits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LenlynnDined on 9/1/2014This was my second visit during a week long vacation. If, I had not been given such great service on my first visit then I would not have know, how bad the service was on my second visit. I originally made a 7PM reservation but quickly change it to 6PM. When I say quick, I am talking the same day. Upon my arrival at the restaurant, I make note of the modification. The young blond-headed lady, stated the 7PM was canceled but no table was reserve for 6PM. I know because we were assign to eat at the bar. Please note that open table had sent me a confirmation of my reservation. It was a very special occasion and I made my very specific reservation almost two weeks in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLuv2dineDined on 8/31/2014Enjoyed the food. Great service! I had swordfish dinner. Hush puppies are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Style, used to be a favoriteNewportbummerVIPDined on 8/31/2014They need to step it up to compete with the other local favorites
- Great seafoodOnVacationVIPDined on 8/30/2014Our first dinner on the island and we greatly enjoyed the seafood at OOF. I had the mahi and my husband had the seafood medley and both were excellent. I got the balsamic dressing on the side and asked to take it home with my leftover mahi because it was excellent. I do NOT recommend sitting out doors in the evening in the summer months. The mequitos were terrible and there were no ceiling fans to keep the air circulating. If you're looking for something quiet and cozy, this isn't your place. It's a huge restaurant with hundreds of tables. Service was great for the volume of business they were handling. There is also a great bottle of Cote d'Rhone on the wine menu at a very reasonable price. Enjoy!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & ServiceJohnVIPDined on 8/30/2014Food and Service was excellent. Young adults, Gen X & Y, should know better than to bring crying babies and distrubing young children to a nice restaurant. We want to enjoy our dinner not listen to kids. They belong at casual or fast food or leave them home with a baby sitter.Special Features:
- Very good menuHHIregsDined on 8/30/2014Food was very good. Terrific views. Oyster prices are a bit steep.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food was amazing and the ambiance was perfect. The view is beautiful, a special treat for a vacation meal! Our waitress was a gem & service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!Luv2eatDined on 8/29/2014We had a great evening and wonderful meal with a nice young waiter. We could not have had a better time or a better meal. I had swordfish and my husband had mahi and both meals were wonderful. The hushpuppies and our appetizer of calamari were great also. We will got back there again someday I am sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view and good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014We choose Old Oyster factory as they had a great menu, nice view of the marsh and were kid friendly as we had our two nephews in tow. Food was good and service was great.Special Features:
- LenlynnDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I went on a very busy Friday but the up-front service was exceptional. I made a reservation about 10 days in advance an they reserve, the type of table that I asked for. One young lady attempted to assign us a table but another more experience lady pointed out that a table had been reserve. That attention to detail made our visit more enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALCfromNJDined on 8/28/2014My husband and I had a wonderful dinner here. We ate on the outside deck and enjoyed the view. We were pleased with the quality of the food and the service. Our only complaint, although minor, was to slow down service between courses. We had just finished our salads/appetizers, when the main dishes appeared. I would have preferred a few minutes between courses. However, this is a lovely restaurant and we would recommend to anyone. The online reservation service was super, too.Special Features:
- Best SeafoodluvgoodfoodDined on 8/28/2014This was our second visit and this time we brought another couple with us and it was their first time and we all greatly enjoyed it. The service was excellent, the food was spectacular. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone, couples, and families. The seafood was great but they do have an extensive menu to suit everyones palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with a viewROMANCEDined on 8/25/2014Very nice restaurant. Offers both indoor and outside dinning with a view of the cove and wildlife area. Great for letting kids watch the wildlife while adults enjoy a fine dinning experience. Also great for dining without kids to have a more adult like ambience. The service was quick and friendly and the food hot and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family DinnerolivesDined on 8/25/2014Excellent food and drink for family gathering. My wife and I went the night before for a date night (nice table overlooking the water) and decided to return with the extended family. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great for Date NightolivesDined on 8/24/2014My wife and I had an excellent experience...we come back every year when visiting Hilton Head Island. The view was wonderful and the service was excellent. Our waiter was very attentive but allowed us to take our time and enjoy our date night out. We highly recommend this establishment for both couples and for families.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!Luv2dineVIPDined on 8/24/2014If deciding on a restaurant in Hilton Head, this is a must. We ate nice dinners every night, and this is still one of our favorites, which we will return to. The hushpuppies are amazing, but everything was truly great!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014enjoyed every aspect of dinner, the view, the ambience as we watched the sun set over the water, we are here for the week, will probably go back later in week, enjoyed a Tilapia dish that was on special that eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at Old Oyster FactoryJordangoodVIPDined on 8/24/2014Excellent selection of seafood and wonderful view and attentive service at Old Oyster FactorySpecial Features:
- On the waterdineNdashVIPDined on 8/22/2014My partner and I had a beautiful dinner here, on our last night in Hilton Head. We sat outside and had a wonderful view of the sunset over the water. The food was fantastic as well. I had the almond crusted Mahi Mahi which was flavorful and light. Our server, Petey, was knowledgeable and friendly!Special Features:
- Enjoyable evening with friends!DinetteDined on 8/21/2014Food was very good, server was most accommodating, nice water views, loved being able to make a reservation at this restaurant....we are local and never went there in the summer, so it is nice to be able to go back in the tourist months. Our friends were celebrating their anniversary, and they brought a complimentary key lime pie which was very much appreciated. Would always recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to go with large familyCatujimDined on 8/19/2014Easy seating for group of 11 with only an hours notice. Vegan and vegetarian options. Calamari was a pretty generic, but everything else was great. Bug spray was supplied for night time outside dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely restaurant, great service!watersideVIPDined on 8/19/2014this was our first visit to OOF and we were extremely pleased. we dined outside on the deck and the view was lovely. our server was extremely pleasant and accommodating! the tuna nachos were wonderful!! our entrees were very good also. even had a peek at a couple of dolphins that were wandering by - that was great! enjoyed our dining experience here! thank you!Special Features:
- Quality service and food.....mikemDined on 8/18/2014Party of 10 with 4 children, 4-12.....Service and food outstanding, location scenic and staff accommodating........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DakotaDined on 8/17/2014Very noisy. Service slow. Food tasted good but every dinner and appetizer came out cold to warm. Told hostess but nothing was done about it. Just said sorry she would tell the chef.Special Features:
- Special request acceptedNothingfancyDined on 8/17/2014We have been dining at the Old Oyster Factory for years and we asked for a dish that had been discontinued from the menu. Our waiter Bill said it was no problem, they would make it for us. They did and it was yummy, just as we remembered it. Thanks Bill and thanks Old Oyster...see you next time we visit the Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.