Old Mill Toronto
21 Old Mill Road
Toronto, ON M8X 1G5Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Old Mill Toronto
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.oldmilltoronto.com/culinary-delights/culinary-dining-room
- Phone: (416) 207-2020
- Hours of Operation:
BREAKFAST: Monday to Saturday: 7:00am - 10:30am
BRUNCH: Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm **Reservations made for groups of 6 or more at 10:30 or 11:00am or 1 pm
LUNCH: Monday to Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm Saturday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm
AFTERNOON TEA: MONDAY TO FRIDAY: 3:00PM - 5:00PM SATURDAY: 2:00PM - 4:00PM SUNDAY: 3:30PM - 5:00PM.**
**No afternoon tea every Sunday for the month of December.
**It is not possible to make afternoon tea reservations online, Please call us directly: 416 207 2020
DINNER: Wednesday to Friday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, International
- Executive Chef: Martin Buehner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Create wonderful lasting memories in our beautifully decorated banquet rooms, many with wood burning fireplaces, picture windows and walk out patios. 300 seat landmark Dining Room opened the first day of World War 1, 1914. 16 distinctly decorated meeting & conference rooms ranging from 540 - 8,000 square feet
- Entertainment: FESTIVE SEASON BEGINS NOVEMBER 24th until January 2, 2014
Mon & Tues Festive Lunch Buffet: $30.95
Wed-Fri Festive Lunch Buffet: $33.95
Sunday Brunch Festive Buffet: $36.95, Children $19.95
Sunday Festive Dinner Buffet: $39.95, Children $ 21.95
NON - Festive Season Pricing:
(Ends November 23, 2014)
Mon & Tue Lunch Buffet $19.14+ Wed-Fri Lunch Buffet $26.95+
Sunday Brunch Buffet $33.95 +& Sunday Dinner Buffet $36.95+
Wed - Sat Evenings A La Carte Menu
- Special Events: FESTIVE SEASON BEGINS NOVEMBER 24th until January 2, 2014
Mon & Tues Festive Lunch Buffet: $30.95
Wed-Fri Festive Lunch Buffet: $33.95
Sunday Brunch Festive Buffet: $36.95, Children $19.95
Sunday Festive Dinner Buffet: $39.95, Children $ 21.95
Non-Festive Season Pricing (Ending November 23, 2014)
LUNCH BUFFET: Mon & Tue: $19.14+ & Wed - Fri. $26.95+ (menu also available)
SATURDAY LUNCH: A la Carte menu
SUNDAY BRUNCH: $33.95+
DINNER: Wed.- Sat. evenings A la carte
SUNDAY DINNER BUFFET: $36.95+
A word from Old Mill Toronto
The Old Mill Toronto, a unique setting, is the perfect place to celebrate that special occasion... an anniversary, birthday, engagement, a special get-together, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day - or just to say "I Love You". The original flagstone floors, beamed ceilings and glowing fireplaces create a warm and relaxed atmosphere, the perfect place for a romantic evening. * Creative fine dining and wines * Wednesday to Saturday in a historical setting * Cozy settings for your group celebrations * Sunday is Family Day with Brunch and Dinner Buffet * Savour special moments with Afternoon Tea in our Tea Room*Live Jazz every Thursday, Friday and Sarturday in our HomeSmith Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Old Mill Toronto - Best Restaurants in Etobicoke ›
Old Mill Toronto reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (79)great for brunch (54)good for groups (46)romantic (46)great for lunch (44)scenic view (37)neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (20)kid-friendly (16)notable wine list (9)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Lunch at the Old MillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/25/2014I was very pleased I had chosen this venue to celebrate my friend's retirement. We were given a lovely bright table and were not in any way rushed, allowing time for a good long conversation. The food was good and we enjoyed several trips to the buffet. Although there were many diners, the space was quiet and intimate. The service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All fine, great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014All fine, great brunch Food good, Main dishes not very excitingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014I liked Old Mill very much. We had Suday brunch there. The food was really good. The service was good too overall. Only we had to wait a bit long (20 minutes) to be seated even though I booked more than a month before. This happened probably because the restaurant was extremly busy. I would definetly recommend Old Mills to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014This is my 3rd time to this place within 2 months. The atmosphere is always great. What I like about it is even it's near the closing time, they will still keep topping up the dishes and not like some places that all you see is bits and crumbs. The food is always great there and it's particularly nice to stroll around the inn after the meal during the Spring , Summer and Fall. Take pictures or stroll along the park nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful venue with weekday lunch buffet.AngieODined on 11/21/2014The luncheon buffet is available Monday to Friday. Wide variety of hot dishes which change daily and several large tables offering varied salads, cheeses, soups, seafood salads and a great range of desserts. Particularly enjoyed the seafood salad table with varied choices of platters of salmon, shrimp dishes, pickled herring, mussels and interesting salads. Hard to leave room for the hot selection. Excellent buffet for the price. You are offered juices etc. when you are seated. They are not included in the overall price but there is a freshly squeezed orange juice maker on the buffet floor which is included. Highly recommend this treat if you can go to lunch during the week. Just off Bloor Street West it is easy to access. Fabulous 100 year old building complex. Well worth the extra time to tour it. Return to the Home Smith Bar on a Friday night for drinks and food and local jazz after 7.30pm. Enjoyed that many times. Big fan of this establishment. My first choice to take company to visit for jazz or lunch. The Old Mill offers a wide range of entertainment options and lovely accommodation with a first rate continental breakfast which is above par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend Old Mill for any occasionDomenicaBellaDined on 11/20/2014Highly recommend Old Mill for lunch buffet very reasonable priced very lovely food choices. I will definitely be returning back when in Toronto for lunch..hopefully very soon and I would ti add that even the stage team are all very nice and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great to celebrate BDoboneDined on 11/10/2014Came to celebrate the birthday of my girlfriend. She really appreciated the setting and the buffet selection. As well service was excellent..will return every year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- torfoodietorfoodieDined on 11/10/2014a really lovely spot, we were greeted immediately and shown to our reserved table , friendly and accommodating service people . we never felt rushed , even though we stayed and visited 3 1/2 hrs. The food was good , and the was something for everyone , no matter what the tastes. We had a lovely afternoon..... thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nana2Dined on 11/9/2014I was a little disappointed in the choices for eggs, but other than that - it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY SPECIAL - AS ALWAYSMOONLITEDined on 11/8/2014We had not been for a long time and we wanted to do something special. The Old Mill Restaurant lived up to its reputation and did not disappoint. It was a wonderful evening and the lamb osso bucco was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No ControlTrickeyRickeyDined on 11/7/2014It was my wife's and I 33 Anniversary I was very excited until we were seated to table of people who had no control of their children (3) running around the table why the management didn't ask that the noise level be lowered and the children be seated I have no idea??? we were seated in a section at the back all white over looking through windows to a centre garden also very cold temperature. You see this is my last anniversary with my wife she has terminal stage 4 cancer I was looking forward to a romantic evening but she didn't want to make scene but we look at we made it to the 33rd. THANKS R. JacksonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre & uninspiring.gastropurDined on 11/6/2014Main dishes were skimpy & vegetables needed to be ordered & paid separately. Mussels were served dry & without any sauce over them, so very chewy & tasteless. Overall, dinner was acceptable but unexceptional . The dessert served for the birthday we were celebrating was unimaginative and disappointing. We also felt that we were being rushed to leave .Special Features:
- Great visit to Old MillMTravellingDined on 11/1/2014The venue itself was great however, the booking through Open Table was not. I booked Afternoon tea & we arrived to find out that tea service doesn't start until 2pm...we were booked in for 1:15pm (as per the options on Open Table). Lunch service was complete & they were setting up for Tea. The venue was super nice about everything and felt bad that we were given the wrong times to choose from. They did fit us in for tea & they continued to apologize for the confusion. The tea options were great & tasted great too. The food was good and we also got a complimentary box of their tea to commemorate 100 years at the Old Mill. It's a great historic venue & a good option for simple version of Afternoon tea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service PersonnelpapaShepDined on 11/1/2014The two service personnel we had were excellent. They were very attentive, polite and quick. It was also nice being a Saturday that we got free parking. The ladies at our table visited the gift shop and one ended up buying two christmas gifts. The inn looked to be well laid out. Next year we plan on seeing the wedding garden in the summertime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerbellamuffinDined on 10/29/2014Invited my husband for his birthday dinner. The restaurant looks great but unfortunately on a Wednesday night they use the terrace that is brightly lit and has zero ambiance. The service weird, not friendly, but in the end ok. The food we ordered was excellent 2 of us had the duck and my husband the steak, shared the calamares appetizer and hazelnut and banana/mousse dessert all excellent. I advised the restaurant of the special occasion and they brought my husband a very nice birthday plate with cakes and candle. We were surprised that we had to pay parking in order to dine at the Old Mills, it was a stiff rate too and to me very wrong. When you dine in a high end restaurant parking should be complimentary. Would I go back? not sure.Special Features:
- Not the old mill of my youth1horsemanDined on 10/20/2014Because of a Jazz concert the food was take out food, should have gone to other restaurant ( the bar in the hotel would have been much better)Special Features:
- Not bad, a bit pricey thoughOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2014We went here to celebrate a birthday and it was nice, being our first time there. The food was standard to good quality and the selection was great, especially of you're a fan of seafood. It can be a bit difficult to get around if you have small children or people with mobility issues as it is tight for space when full. But I wouldn't pay the $36 per person charge again unless it's for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceRicoDined on 10/18/2014The waiter forgot to bring me my fries, which I had to buy separate from my steak. When I got them, it was 15 minutes after I got my steak , and I pretty much had to eat the fries alone..."without the steak"Special Features:
- Great spotMezloDined on 10/16/2014My Wife and I went for our anniversary, The food was outstanding and the staff was even better. I little bright but it is there slow season so the whole restaurant was not in use.Special Features:
- Committed, dedicated service alwaysSekitoriPhotographyDined on 10/11/2014Once again, The Old Mill's fine dining restaurant didn't disappoint during a recent outing to celebrate my mother's 65th birthday. We were seated in a picturesque area overlooking the wedding court/fountain, the service was exceptional from beginning to end, and the food was exquisite. They even prepared three delicious birthday desserts for us, complete with birthday platter and candle, free of charge. My recommendation is to always go as early as possible (usually 6 pm, but we arrived 20 minutes before that and they still happily sat us) to avoid too much of the Saturday evening crowds. Thanks again, Old Mill Inn!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Fabulous. Has not lost it's level of food and service over the years.Special Features:
- OK foodmickeyDined on 10/7/2014The soup was much too salty, the pork tenderloin much too tough. Rest was fine.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemAnonymousDined on 10/6/2014The servers were energetic and friendly. Very professional. My special request was taken into consideration and accomodated. I sincerely appreciated that on the part of The Old Mill staff. I always enjoy my experience there and never regret recommending it to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceKazikDined on 10/6/2014Prepare to spend a long time for eating and conversation. No rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/5/2014This used to be a special occasion restaurant, but the food no longer holds up. In our group, the younger people found the food to be fair, but the older folks were more satisfied. People enjoyed the chicken, cheese selection and waffles. We did not enjoy roast beef, some of the salad bar offerings, or breakfast potatoes (which were undercooked and poorly seasoned). I was not happy that the plates were allowed to pile quite a bit before they were cleared (we went for the buffet).
- Old world charmOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/2/2014First time my wife and I have been to this restaurant and we quite enjoyed it. We shared the Calamari app and it was great! We both had the steak and really enjoyed that as well. Would recommendSpecial Features:
- Really Gorgeous !!!MamboDined on 9/29/2014It is the first time I visited even though I have lived near there for so long. My wife and I invited my friends, hiking members, for sharing Brunch. Ambience, food and service were excellent. We made our mind to go there frequently with my family and acquaintances.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Dinner BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014We went to the Sunday dinner buffet and hadn't been in years. Wonderful atmosphere and lots of great food at a reasonable price for fine dining. Our only concern: the 'hot' bar dishes were extremely sophisticated and complicated. If you are not used to this type of food you may be disappointed. For example, the rice dish contained almonds and cranberries. The potatoes were similarly fancy. Otherwise a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- What a disappointmentluv2dineDined on 9/28/2014I have been to the Old Mill for Sunday brunch several times over the years and can say that the quality of food and selection has significantly gone down. We were a group of 10 celebrating a birthday and everyone was very disappointed in the quality of food. I would not recommend this brunch to anyone. Its a beautiful setting but that's it. The food is below average. The ham was under-cooked and chewy. The desserts looked like they sat out for way too long. The fruit has flies sitting on it and the cold cuts were pathetic. The wait staff was over worked and could barely keep up with all the tables. I paid $34 to eat a mediocre salad. Never again!!!What a disappointment.Special Features:
- LindaDined on 9/28/2014This is a great spot for extended-family special events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect, classy and elegant!OakvilleMomDined on 9/28/2014Had my dad's 80th birthday party here for Sunday Brunch. There was 19 of us and it was perfect. the buffet style was perfect for a group size this large and we all helped ourselves. I had requested a table that wouldn't be too far from the food just because of the age or my dad and mom..... They were more then accommadating. The server was great, on our table clearing plates and serving coffee non stop; everything was great and most importantly it made such a great impression on my dad who had never been there. He thought it was very classy and enjoyed his birthday. Thank you Old Mill for perfecting a wondering occasion. Only negative:parking area is terrible! Just seemed very crammed, we were early arrivals-Was even worst when we leftSpecial Features:
- Lovely gem in the citydtkuoDined on 9/21/2014We took our wedding party for brunch the following day, as thanks for their help and time. Neither of us had been to the Old Mill for brunch and just thought that it would be a nice place to go. We were really impressed with the variety and quality of food that was presented! Not only was the standard "breakfast" foods available, but it went well into various lunch type items both hot and cold. The desserts available were possibly the best I've seen in a long time. The ambiance was comfortable and cozy for our group of 6; lighting was not too dark nor too glaringly bright. The service was quick and polite. I would say overall, I would certainly return for another special occasion type of event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014We really enjoyed our dinner. The only issue we had was the room we were in. We were not in the main restaurant area but in the room on the left side. It was a bit noisy for our liking. It was our anniversary and I had assumed I booked the dining room not the smaller room (Terrace) where we ate breakfast. We came down from our rooms and were not told that our reservations were for the main dining room. The service and food were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parking, lightening4sur2returnDined on 9/15/2014I find the parking lot right now with construction messy, I have always though that the walk to the Restaurant was not good especially for seniors, there was a lady in front of me with a cane and I didn't think she would make it up. Also I would like to see a bit more lighting in the restaurant seating areas. I have been coming to the Old Mill since I was in my early twenties and Im in my 70's now, haha, so a familiar outing for me, weddings, etc. A special place for sure. Cant wait to return with more friends from Bramalea where I know live but I am originally from west Toronto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014bar food selection very limited and the calamari we ordered did not taste good.Special Features:
- Excellent lunch before the spa!mclaDined on 8/23/2014Had lunch with a friend before our spa appointment. Excellent experience, would absolutely do it again.Special Features:
- A perfect dining experiencLalusmomDined on 8/20/2014We celebrated our son-in-law's birthday in the terrace dining area. It's a lovely room with big windows overlooking the grounds, which are lush and include a fountain. The food was superb, from the appetizers to the main courses. Our waiter was attentive and charming. When I made the reservation, I mentioned that the occasion was a birthday celebration, and, at the end of our meal, the waiter brought my son-in-law a plate with a sampling of desserts with a lit birthday candle. I hadn't asked for that, so I was very pleasantly surprised. Marianne, a recent addition to the Old Mill's excellent dining room staff, arranged for that little surprise. The evening was perfect.Special Features:
- Great Food and Great EnvironmentfoodloverDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I took our friend from overseas to this restaurant for buffet lunch. The $26.95 price includes hot roast beefs, pork loin, chickens, fish and others, cold dishes includes salmon, shrimp, mussels etc, choices salads and desserts, it really worth the money. She really enjoys the foods and the environment. She will recommend her friends overseas and if she will visit Toronto again, she definitely will come back.Special Features:
- Great environment, area gemKKwokDined on 8/18/2014good selections of salad and dessert. But I wish there are more selection for the main course.Special Features:
- AnniversaryDPorterDined on 8/18/2014We got married at the Old Mill last year , so on our Anniversary day , Aug. 18th - 2014 , we decided to return for a nice lunch on our Toronto visit . Everything was perfect except a few details .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.