Old Lisbon - Sunset
5837 Sunset Drive
South Miami, FL 33143Neighborhood:
PortuguesePrice: $30 and under
Old Lisbon - Sunset
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oldlisbon.com/
- Phone: (305) 662-7435
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, European, Portuguese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Old Lisbon - Sunset
Welcome to a Portuguese Gourmet Experience! The flavor of Portugal first delights your senses with the aroma emanating from the traditional open kitchen surrounded by Old World Decor. You sample our delicacies, pamper your senses, and when you feel compelled to stop, we tempt you with our extravagant desserts. We help you select your gourmet experience from our culinary repertoire and our extensive wine and Port list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Old Lisbon - Sunset reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (10)special occasion (9)romantic (7)great for lunch (7)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- The food is fabulous! Excellent service!caterinatalbotDined on 11/20/2014The food it's excellent I think it's better than some restaurants in Lisbon. The service it's great and the ambient too. I will remocomend this restaurant 100% to any one who likes the good Portuguese food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Lisbon is excellentDrVDanDined on 11/17/2014Back to Old Lisbon with a visitor from Germany. Started with the fantastic octopus. Delicious. Placed a second order. Special was Sea Bass, grilled. It was delicious. The owner spent time with us and is a great host. Always enjoy this fine restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent vealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The veal was excellent. I was glad it was recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrankFrankDined on 10/25/2014We were able to try Lisbon with out of town guest. Excellent service. Awesome seafood. Good size portion. Loved the Polvo Grelhado: grilled octopus. Entrée: Grilled Cod fish was delicious and large enough to share. We shared the pears in port wine, I highly recommend. Looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- EdelVIPDined on 10/19/2014Food in general was very good and the service was outstanding. Will be back.Special Features:
- Great variety of cod platesivanVIPDined on 9/22/2014Great variety of cod plates and it was difficult to decide. We were pleased with the two we chose.Special Features:
- Disappointing serviceFoodtrollVIPDined on 9/13/2014We have visited Old Lisbon Sunset several times and had always had excellent food and service. this time the food was still excellent but the service was EXTREMELY poor. We had the service of a fellow that didn't care to serve us at all. Unfortunately, the table given to us was in a lusy spot with a hot draft bothering us every time the front door was opened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Lisbon Always a WinnerJulesDined on 9/13/2014We eat here all the time and enjoy the fresh seafood dishes. Octopus grilled to perfection is the favorite with the paella a close second. Great staff and atmosphere.Special Features:
- wonderful foodPSCUBAGIRLDined on 9/5/2014The wait staff was very friendly, and offered many suggestions. We had the grilled octopus which was crispy and juicy at the same time excellent! I then had the osso bucco the sauce was divine and the meat was so soft, my husband had the veal chop also very soft and the sauce was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cod Fish delightFrequentdinerDined on 9/2/2014They serve codfish cooked in multiple ways. Enjoyed a portuguese red wine by the glass and the service was very attentive. Obrigado e parabens pela boa cozinha.Special Features:
- Always a Hit!love2dineVIPDined on 8/23/2014Old Lisbon is a true gem! This restaurant, along with the staff and food, is always a hit. My husband and I frequent often and have never been disappointed. We always ask for their recommendation and always order it. We keep going back and don't get tired of it. Everyone makes you feel like family the moment you walk in. Every time our daughter visits from out of town she wants to go eat at Old Lisbon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing grilled sardine55YSVIPDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I were fascinated with the grilled sardine as a starter. It's just a simply grilled fish, but fresh and served in a "just grilled" manner. People from fish-eating countries like us must be impressed! I had stew-type arroz con mariscos then, and it is also splendid. What I missed there was a wine because I had to drive to a school to pick up my daughter, but next time I will enjoy a well-chilled white wine with the grilled sardine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful taste of Portugalcormac7VIPDined on 8/21/2014The people are friendly and the food was delicious at this lovely little restaurant on Sunset in South Miami - located in a cluster of restaurants and boutiques, the restaurant specializes in fish and seafood, but has ample selections of steak, lamb and chicken. We went with a group of 14, about half of us drinking wine, and still got out for about $50 per person, which seemed very reasonable. We ordered a full selection of appetizers, including Portuguese ham and cheese, octopus, flaming sausage, salads, and codfish croquettes, and for dinner we had everything from filet mignon with a delicious sauce, to the Portuguese version of paella with lobster, and several of the 12 types of bachalua or cod. Everyone was happy and impressed!Special Features:
- One of the best ever!SteveOVIPDined on 8/15/2014Everything - and I mean everything - was exceptional! From beginning to end - no exceptions! I usually don't get dessert, but everything else was so phenomenal I had too. I will go back again and againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodPSCUBAGIRLDined on 8/15/2014The grilled octopus appetizer is soo good, I would go just for that!Special Features:
- Excellent service and foodClaudioVIPDined on 8/14/2014Old Lisbon is a great restaurant. Portuguese food is exquisite and similar to Spanish food. The service at Old Lisbon was excellent, the place is nice and the food outstanding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014The food was really outstanding and so was the service. The prices are very reasonable. They have a good wine list and good beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceFreddy2013Dined on 8/6/2014I was looking for something different and I found !!! Very Cousy atmosphere , the best cod Fish I ever tried . I will Come back for sure !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old LisbonjnskidooDined on 8/2/2014We ordered strictly from the appetizer part of the menu, and two per person was quite ample with a little room for a shared desert. In this part of the menu what I think are the best items are also heavy on garlic. For us this is a plus, but there may be other opinions. The sauces for several of the items stand on their own, and the bread provided let us soak them up and not allow the flavors go to waste. I liked the clams, mussels, and octopus especially. We've eaten from the main part of the menu also, and recommend that too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 148 reviews are from the Old Lisbon - Sunset reviews archive.
- AmazingCordovaDined on 7/26/2014My family and I just love this place, not only for the amazing food but for the staff that make you feel royal!!Special Features:
- FoodtrollVIPDined on 7/19/2014Excellent food and the value-price relationship is excellent. Service is efficient and pleasant and will continue coming back many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodLoverFoodFurious88Dined on 7/2/2014Very good Portuguese food. Our second experience there and the service is still excellent. I would definitely recommend this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bobbVIPDined on 6/14/2014Being of Portuguese descent it was nice to find a restaurant that served traditional Portuguese food. Service was great, waitress was attentive but not over bearing. Food was fantastic and the wine list was adequate. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- tried something differenthomeisbestVIPDined on 6/2/2014With a groupon we went out to try something different and had a good meal. We went for lunch with not many other diners. Everything we ate was tasty, the grilled octopus being especially good. It was a bit of a long trip for us but if we had guests who wanted to try Portuguese cooking we certainly would go back here.
- able was not honoredOlympicDined on 5/30/2014Our reservation was not honored done by open tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consisently good...cingo2000Dined on 5/22/2014The real mark of a fine restaurant is consistency. Old Lisbon never disappoints. What a gem to have in our neighborhood. The fish dishes are terrific, always fresh, always delicious. Service and wine list also are tops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old LisbonLaPoodellaDined on 5/9/2014None of the waiters spoke English. Additionally it was so loud at lunch time that even if they could, they might not have heard us. The waiters seemed to speak Spanish. I don't know if they also spoke Portuguese. I speak both. The staff racially profiled us and our tastes because English is our first language. Maybe they were right. The food seemed very salty to me and the Sopa Verde was nothing like the Portuguese Soup I am used to on Cape Cod where there is a huge Portuguese community. It was salty, lacked beans, and the sausage wasn't as good as I'm used to there. I don't feel any need to return.
- "Not too good" service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014Waiter/waitress did not come to our table not even once during dinner to check if we needed water, wine etc…Special Features:
- Best paella in townag12VIPDined on 5/3/2014Old Lisbon is a classic favorite and delivered as always during our last visit. Our server was friendly and helpful. Sharing stories about Portugal and helping us to select a fantastic Vino Verde. Don't miss the paella. It's the best in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like a visit to LisbonGeriDined on 4/17/2014Having visited Lisbon, Portugal a few months ago their name immediately caught our eye. As it turned out it was just a short dive from our Coconut Grove hotel. The food did not disappoint. I had a steak with a lovely tomato-garlic sauce and my husband had a fish dish. The big seller of the night appeared to be a large sausage served in a flaming pig's head rectangular dish that the waiter sliced up for the table. We don't eat that big a meal but almost every other table ordered it and devoured which is a very good sign.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousWritePlayLoveDined on 4/15/2014Excellent menu items, and lunch is very reasonably priced for good-sized portions.Special Features:
- Best in South FloridaCharlesDined on 4/4/2014By far my favorite restaurant; great service, outstanding food and great wine. All time favorite South Florida find. Never a disappointment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Worth ItOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/3/2014We went for a late lunch - just barely made the cutoff time of 2PM for their lunch specials. It was our first time trying Portuguese food. I had the Pargo Estufado - it was fabulous! My wife had one of the Bacalhau dishes (don't remember which one). She liked it, I thought it was OK, but I am not a big fan of codfish in the first place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner and selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014Great dinner and selection of wines. Very tasty dishes with lots of flavor and presentation. Excellent service throughout the meal. Even through Old Lisbon was absolutely packed during our visit, the services levels and quality remained high.Special Features:
- the good was great, but the serviceMaraDined on 2/22/2014The service was extremly bad, no organización with the Waiters, even the owner , i know the restaurante but my hispanos he likes the food but he doesnt was to go backSpecial Features:
- Very enjoyable neighborhood restaurBruceDined on 2/22/2014This was my first time at this restaurant. The people working there were very pleasant and helpful. The food selection and quality were excellent. I will certainly return.Special Features:
- Amazing food!!Baya22Dined on 2/15/2014The food was delicious...exceeded my expectation. We were a group of 7 and we each ordered something different. We all tried each dish and were pleasantly surprised-all the dishes were incredible. I will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Codfish King of MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/15/2014Portuguese food has always been about seafood dishes and Old Lisbon does not disappoint. Their seafood selection, and how well each dish is prepared, is superb. This is my third visit in two months, with a catering order in between, and each time I have left very pleased and with a mental note to myself to try something different next time around. All their cod dishes are fantastic! But the star for me is their grilled octopus. I've never had such well seasoned and tender grilled octopus anywhere in town, and there are some places that can certainly deliver on this. The wait staff is extremely attentive and jovial all at the same time. Feels like if you've walked into your neighborhood bar and everyone does know your name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningbdaysmashDined on 2/14/2014We went to Old Lisbon for the first time. The place was recommended by a Portuguese friend. The wine list has a good variety, and provides a good opportunity to try wines from Portugal. The food menu focuses on Seafood, but has some choices for meat lovers also. The food was excellent. The service was good but could have been better. I would probably venture to say that on a normal night it will be better; we want on Valentine's day (2/14/14).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything is AWESOME!FoodieMDDined on 2/2/2014We had a chance to go to Portugal two years ago and were excited to have Portuguese food again! Old Lisbon was awesome! First class service and food! Our party of six were all delighted with our meals. My husband and I are huge fans of octopus. The octopus was so tender and wonderfully seasoned that we were craving it for days! The Portuguese version of paella was delicious and the traditional cod choices were great! We will make this place a regular when we visit Miami! This is a real South Miami gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.