Old Lisbon - Sunset
5837 Sunset Drive
South Miami, FL 33143Neighborhood:
PortuguesePrice: $30 and under
Old Lisbon - Sunset
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oldlisbon.com/
- Phone: (305) 662-7435
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, European, Portuguese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Old Lisbon - Sunset
Welcome to a Portuguese Gourmet Experience! The flavor of Portugal first delights your senses with the aroma emanating from the traditional open kitchen surrounded by Old World Decor. You sample our delicacies, pamper your senses, and when you feel compelled to stop, we tempt you with our extravagant desserts. We help you select your gourmet experience from our culinary repertoire and our extensive wine and Port list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Old Lisbon - Sunset reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (10)special occasion (9)romantic (7)great for lunch (7)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Best places for Portuguese foodFranciaVIPDined on 1/18/2014Very good food. Big portions which can be shared. Great pleasant service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingCharlesDined on 1/11/2014Great food, service and ambiance. One of my Miami favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Lisbon is our 'old faithful'.love2dineVIPDined on 12/26/2013Old Lisbon is our 'old faithful'. We are always satisfied when we visit the restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Portuguese FooddhochDined on 12/22/2013At least as good as nice restaurants in Portugal. Grilled octopus really good as well as seafood with beans. Will returnSpecial Features:
- Great traditional portuguese foodapopheniacDined on 12/21/2013Old Lisbon has a great vibe to it. Upscale without being stuffy. It has a modern vibe but retains its warmth and the staff made everyone feel very comfortable. The food is traditional portuguese food prepared wonderfully and very flavorful. Deserts were a standout. The pastais de nata were as good as those found in traditional portuguese neighborhoods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, friendly service!DeDinerVIPDined on 12/15/2013Old Lisbon served us the best meal we had in Miami without the pretentiousness or disneyesque gimmicks we had come to expect from high end restaurants in that city. The specialty is seafood, but Portuguese cuisine features beef and chicken as well. Although it is located in a trendy shopping area, the restaurant serves traditional Portuguese dishes in the friendly style that defines Portual and its people. Excellent Portuguese wine enhances flavors and the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AAAAAOldLisboaRestaurantDined on 12/14/2013Five star and not too expensive. Nice we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCEPTIONAL!!!!love2dineVIPDined on 12/7/2013We visit this restaurant once a week. It is a gem! All the dishes are wonderful. We keep trying different dishes everytime and they are always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service everytime!love2dineVIPDined on 12/1/2013Every dish is prepared when you order it...delicious every time. The service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfeito restaurantemilaVIPDined on 11/22/2013nossa! estou super feliz que finalmente abriu old lisbom de corall way, comida otima e os meserou muito atenciosos, recomendo o vinho piriquitaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old World FlavorOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/11/2013This Portuguese restaurant excels in seafood & North Atlantic fish. It has an Old World charm to it not found in many restaurants here in Miami. We especially recommend the codfish made in any number of ways, always succulent and bound to please. My husband had a glass of Chilean wine while I enjoyed a Portuguese red which was mild, a fabulous pairing for the codfish. The dessert, Delicias de Fatima, is sinful! I'm sorry I neglected to ask for a glass of port...but, there is always next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best cod in town, great serviceFlaMexDined on 11/10/2013Bacalau com natas! Great and enough for 2 persons! Grilled octopus our other favorito dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere, friendlyZiggiDined on 10/26/2013Nice atmosphere, friendly staff, good food, a bit pricey....overall a good dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Fantastic Portuguese RestaurantMarcosRenaDined on 10/26/2013Really enjoyed the experience. My wife and me are brazilians and so we are used to Portuguese food. It was our first time in a Portuguese restaurante in the USA and it was very good. The ambient is simple yet nice and friendly, the menu has plenty of options, the manager is very attencious. We had Bolinhos de Bacalhau as apetizers, the entrée was Bacalhau à Nortenha (with shrimp) and we had Pasteis de Nata and Delicia de Fátima as desert. Of course a good Vinho Verde (wine) was selected to complete the experience. I'll definitely go back to try other options from the menu. Totally recommended for lovers of codfish and the portuguese food.Special Features:
- Still goodAndreDined on 10/24/2013The standard is the same, good, keep the good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something has change, I suspectsomiDined on 10/17/2013Something has change, I suspect a change of ownership
- Great food, random service.707TACTICALDined on 10/11/2013The food is superb, cod and polvo (octopus) were top notch. The quality of the service depends on who attends your table. We were lucky.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not recommendMiriamVIPDined on 9/23/2013We visited Old Lisbon for dinner on a weeknight and found to food to be average and the server to be overzealous.Special Features:
- This was my first time toNewtoPortuguesecuisineDined on 9/21/2013This was my first time to a Portuguese restaurant, and I think I'm just not crazy about the cuisine. The service was very good, and the ambience fine, so if you know you like Portuguese food, or want to try it, I would recommend this place. I found the food to be salty yet bland.
- lisbonlis1bonDined on 9/20/2013Great place and food service and ambiance was excelentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy Friday Nite,But Still Awesome!FloridaKeysGuyVIPDined on 9/13/2013The restaurant was extremely busy,as it was a Friday night,but the waitstaff had no trouble keeping up the pace.Everything flowed smoothly.Our food,which included some traditional Portugese fare,was all very,very delicious.Our two servers,who worked as a team, were very friendly and efficient. They checked back with us several times during our dine to ask if we needed anything, and to ask if everything was satisfactory. The portions were very large, and the wine list was quite extensive. This was our third time dining at Old Lisbon-Sunset, and we have enjoyed it more and more each time. The host ( /owner?) compliments the ambiance of the restaurant with his jovial and bright personality. We give Old Lisbon-Sunset a 5-star rating. BRAVO!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service was outstandinsomiDined on 9/6/2013The food and service was outstanding. We are coming backSpecial Features:
- The food was delicious (asOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2013The food was delicious (as usual), the service highly professional and the ambience wonderful. I enjoy returning to restaurants that I've frequented before, because I know what to expect. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Started going to Old LisbonDinersDined on 8/31/2013Started going to Old Lisbon when it moved to South Miami, much closer to home. The Bacalao Old Lisbon is my favorite. I can't wait to go back and order it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2013The grilled sea bass was very tasty as well as an off-menu item: cod in mozzarella cooked in the oven...yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2013Different menu. Everything we've tried has been great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but service lackedOxyDineDined on 8/17/2013In general we liked Old Lisbon on Sunset, but not as good as the other location on Coral Way that was damaged in a fire - we were told. This location had $8 valet parking, and the service was ok, but not great. We had to ask for the normal complimentary bread, which came after the meal was served. The place was full so perhaps the service staff ( multiple people) did not know who was doing what, but it eventually happened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you love Portuguese food....marsVIPDined on 8/17/2013...this is the place. The seafood is fresh and comes out of the kitchen just made. Must try th Portuguese sausage and the Garlic squid as appetizers.. I do recommend reservations..it is a small , cozy space and fills up fast! worth it to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Portuguese Food in MiamiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2013I have come to Old Lisbon for nearly 8 years and no matter I've tried different ones, they are absolutely the best. Food is prepared with quality ingredients and flavor ia out of this world. Staff are extremelly friendly and happy to serve you with professionalism. Whatever you choose there is no room for mistake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I ordered the Grilled snapperluv2travelDined on 8/4/2013I ordered the Grilled snapper fillet with shrimps which was oily and did not taste fresh.Special Features:
- Awesome foodjbh55VIPDined on 7/13/2013The cod fish (a la Don Carlo) is fantastic and the Octopus the best Ive ever had!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lisbon in MiamiViokaVIPDined on 6/15/2013Good Portuguese food in a good environment. The service was adequate. Noise level a bit energetic but then, it ws Saturday night. We all enjoyed our food which came in generous amounts. Some of the dishes are good for sharing.Special Features:
- Too Much SaltOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/9/2013This is a restaurant with great potential, injured by, in my opinion, excessive salt in the food. They serve dishes and wines not generally available in Miami. Unfortunately, I think that the dishes have too much salt for a pleasant meal.
- My husband and I went to PortugalMafiaDined on 5/26/2013My husband and I went to Portugal on our honeymoon and this was a great reminder of why we loved Portugal :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flaming Pig- YUMMMOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/25/2013What a great find- loved the salty, yummy, simple cod (Bacalhau) and where to I begin on the literally on fire crispy awesomeness that was the Chourico Assado??? Even the olive oil served with warm bread tasted better than normal olive oil. What an awesome find!!! Great service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Dinner OutCarlosDined on 5/10/2013Our family went to Old Lisbon a recent Friday night. It isn't the best place of a large party, especially one with two small children because it isn't a large space. But what it lacks in space it makes up for in service and food. The staff worked hard to keep us and our kids comfortable. The food was delicious. Next time though I'll leave the kids with a sitter and take my wife for a more relaxed experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The quality of the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013The quality of the food was excellent. The restaurant is quaint and in a great location.Special Features:
- A Portuguese gem in Coral GablesXandiDined on 3/29/2013This place is a rare gem. It's hard to find good Portuguese restaurants in Miami, and I'm glad this one decided to take roots in Dade County. What we specially like are the Cod fish dishes ("Bacalhau"). The tastes and flavors are very close to the mother land, and remind me a lot of my many years spent in Brazil, where Bacalhau is a tradition on weekends and specially during the Easter holidays. Good food, great and friendly service, good Portuguese wines, great location.. Recommended!Special Features:
- Excellent Mediterranean FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/29/2013It is always a pleasure eating at Old Lisbon. Everyone new I bring there wants to go back. One of my very favorite restaurants in Miami. Keep it up.Special Features:
- I could not have asked forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013I could not have asked for better food or service. Everything was outstanding.Special Features: