Old Homestead - Caesars Palace Las Vegas
3570 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Old Homestead - Caesars Palace Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.caesarspalace.com/casinos/caesars-palace/restaurants-dining/old-homestead-detail.html
- Phone: 7027317560
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Gill
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Old Homestead - Caesars Palace Las Vegas
Old Homestead Steakhouse, one of New York City's most historic restaurants, opened its first west coast location at Caesars Palace on December 22, 2011. The classic eatery has been known for its quality steak selections for more than 140-years. Las Vegas customers will also be welcomed by Annabelle, the iconic brown and white cow that has been greeting Old Homestead customers for decades.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Old Homestead - Caesars Palace Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in Caesars Palace ›
Old Homestead - Caesars Palace Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (83)romantic (48)notable wine list (38)fit for foodies (36)good for groups (27)hot spot (17)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (8)neighborhood gem (4)scenic view (4)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- DisappointmentDowntownerVIPDined on 9/14/2014Had heard so much about the NYC location so was thrilled to see it in Vegas. Unfortunately, there was nothing spectacular about it. Also, dress code should be enforced. There is no reason to allow people wearing shorts and a cap. Ever!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014we had reservations for a business dinner and were seated immediately on a very busy night. they were literally turning people away without reservations - its not a large space. Food was delish, but VERY heavy, bring your appetite and big-belly-britchesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- less than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014steaks good, cooked as ordered, asparagas and potato both under cooked vs request on both how we wanted them.
- Serious setting problems..TKW052375Dined on 9/11/2014We were seated on the outer rail of the restaurant and it was incredibly noisy... We might as well have been seated in the walkway...people could walk by smoking and talking on their phones. For the price, the setting should have been more intimate and quieter.... Completely overshadowed the food and service...
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/11/2014The Porterhouse was fabulous and our server, Jesse was the best! Also notable was the Sommelier.Special Features:
- Best Porterhouse steak in Vegas..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014It´s an excellent restaurant, quiet enough for a private special dinner, great service, and the Porterhouse Steak was Fantastic.. I Totally recommend itSpecial Features:
- My favorite steakhouse in VegasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014I love Old Homestead at Caesars. Yes, it's pricey, but so worth it. I highly recommend the colossal shrimp cocktail (delicious), any of the steaks (especially the Gotham rib eye), and a tasty dirty martini. Service is superb. Reservation recommended. Dine early and snag a booth along the entrance side to casino people-watch. For a quieter experience, sit more toward the back. (Additional note: If you're a Total Rewards member, you get marginally lower pricing AND Rewards Points for dining here.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The steak!!!JetskimechanicDined on 9/6/2014The food is off the hook!! The best steak I've had since the last time I was there!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burned lobsterlovelobsterDined on 9/6/2014Asked for 2lb lobster with crab. Waitress said steamed was best. So I said let me order it that way. When it came to the table it was broiled and burned. Something so delicious now is chewy and ruined. They brought a small tail which was better but... taste already ruined from first bad lobster. And they even charged me for the second tail. Wow. Ruined dinner and to make up let us bring another tail and still charge for it. Customer service??? We will give it another try and see if food quality improves. The server was nice. Hostess dresses were so short when one of the girls leaned over to put the menu down my husband and I were in shock... put some underwear on!
- Better than Sizzler not Ruth ChrisChrisDined on 9/6/2014Old Homestead had a good wine list. My wife had the filet I had the lamb rack. The filet and the lamb had the minimum of seasoning, probably to cater to the crowd that does not eat out that often. The quality of the meat was not what I would expect from a $60.00 dollar entree. With wine we spent $400.00 and left the restaurant feeling like we spent too much for too little.Special Features:
- The fish-Dover Sole is delicioustiger2004Dined on 9/4/2014I love this restaurant, foods are great, all employee are very friendly and professional.Special Features:
- foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014not very good, way overpriced, wine list 400% overpricedSpecial Features:
- Outstanding!!MrsCarrilloDined on 8/31/2014Came for a late dinner with my husband. Not only was our food to die for, but our server James was outstanding as well. He was incredibly knowledgable about the wine list and menu. All his recommendations were outstanding choices. We come to vegas a few times a year and will always make it a point here on out to eat at old homestead. The hubby and I are still raving about our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls nite outJojoDined on 8/30/2014We were treated like old friends. Food was fantastic and service was even better! Cannot wIt to return here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014The food was excellent. All staff members are very knowledgeable of all food on the menu. Worth the price. I like to have one good night for a good dinner. This place has great food, great service and quiet dining atmosphere. Well worth it!I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steak!MK70Dined on 8/26/2014started with the bread selection, moved onto the meatball starter and then had rib eye and Idaho potato (biggest potato in the world!) All the food was fantastic and my wife and i had a 4 table so we could next to each other and watch the world walk by .. highly reccommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedMWatWHDined on 8/25/2014The service was good except for we ordered one foie gras and got two. Very small portions for the $. Excellent however. Porterhouse for two had to be sent back.The tenderloin was so tough, had to dispose of bite in napkin. creamed spinach small & NO cream. No Peter Luger's for sure... this meal was a huge disappointment. The only thing resembling a New York steakhouse was the noise. The table next to us said that they had eaten there the night before and the food was excellent. The meal that evening was way over salted. Obviously they have a consistency problem. They did bring us another steak of their choice and a complimentary shrimp cocktail. Problem is in the kitchenSpecial Features:
- Everything was greatmddriverDined on 8/24/2014Food was perfectly cooked. Service was great. Prices were good for the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grateful1Dined on 8/23/2014The cold shrimp cocktail and cold lobster appetizers were fabulous!! The porterhouse steak was prepared to exact specifications (rare) and was the best I ever ate! The side dishes were delicious. We had creamed spinach and the mushrooms but skipped the potatoes -- We felt the price point for one baked potato was too high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner before a showluvagoodsteakDined on 8/22/2014We reserved dinner before a show with some time not realizing how long it would be. We sat ordered and got our food in a timely manor and were in and out in plenty of time. The servie was great. The bread they served beforehand was so good and the shrimp was awesome. The lollipop steak we ordered was also very good. We would go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TonyDined on 8/20/2014The food and service were wonderful. Best lobster bisque I'm had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Service!LovefabulousdiningDined on 8/19/2014The food was good but similar to many steakhouses but the service was fabulous and prompt. Enjoyed our dinner but is on the expensive side of course so plan to spend a lot for dinner!Special Features:
- Top 10Luv2eatoutDined on 8/18/2014Old Homestead should be on the top 10 list of best steakhouses. Excellent cuts of meat aged perfectly and Cooke to perfection. Highly recommend to any steal lover. They also have other great entrees if you not a steak lover. And probably the best Mac&cheese in the country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steakpaulieweez505Dined on 8/13/2014Porterhouse for two was amazing. Cooked exactly as we asked. Cocktails are a little priceybut very tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tahoejoeDined on 8/13/2014LIVE IN NJ AND GO TO OLD HOMESTEAD IN THE BORGATA, THIS ONE IS PRETTY MUCH THE SAME. WE ALL HAD FILET AND IT WAS PERFECTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2014This is our traditional big meal stop when we come to Vegas. We are never disappointed by the food or service as both are excellent. Try and sit in Kacey or James' areas as they are the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!ManAnnDined on 8/10/2014We had the Porterhouse for two!! Amazing dinner ....we will definitely dine here every time we come to Vegas!!! ***** 5 STARS!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well...vlkyriDined on 8/9/2014This is a landmark restaurant at Caesars Palace with a vibrant bar. It is VERY loud so don't expect to have a quiet romantic dinner here. The service was top notch and they were great about all the tiny details, the sides were excellent. We ordered the Porterhouse for two and the inside was cooked to perfection but the exterior was completely charred. To the point of being inedible and made for a bad aftertaste. We basically cut off the burnt exterior and ate the interior. Not great considering the fact that it was a $100 porterhouse for two. Definitely not a prime cut and the cooking did not justify the price.Special Features:
- OutstandingBigJDined on 8/8/2014Food, service, portions, all were outstanding. One of the top 3 steak house meals of my life. Would highly recommend to anyoneI would recommend this to a friend.
- Big steaksQueencrabDined on 8/7/2014Waiter,(Toby?) was very informative and about explained everything that was on the menu,steaks were big as advertised and cooked to perfection,the 16oz. bone in filet was a first and it was wonderful,would recommend this place to anyone,thanks..............Special Features:
- you have to go therepleasantlysurprisedDined on 8/7/2014the food is excellent, the service was outstanding and we can't wait to return for another great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ajhTHSHDined on 8/2/2014Our dinner started out fine, enjoying the "Seafood Tower" which was filled with crab legs, shrimp, etc. Things got to the "Terrible" stage when our steaks arrived. We had ordered two steaks to be shared by the table, a bone-in filet and a bone-in ribeye. The filet was fine but the ribeye was completely raw, cold to the touch on the inside; it was, in a word, inedible.
- vegasfor2Dined on 8/2/2014Nice restaurant with very friendly, accommodating staff. Manager came by table to make sure we were being taken care of. Appetizers were nothing special, but the meat and fish was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedRandyDined on 7/27/2014My girlfriend and I went here to celebrate my birthday and our two year anniversary. We chose old homestead because of it's great reviews and it is in my favorite hotel, Caesar's Palace. Her steak was overcooked. she ordered medium and there was no pink in the steak at all. our server was condescending to say the least I do remember his name but will refrain from using it because we all have bad days and maybe this was one of his. my steak was cooked properly but as bland as i have ever had. The best part of our meal were the drinks which were made quite well. all in all we are bummed out, we love steakhouses, Caesar's Palace, and this place just was a bit let down.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/25/2014Great, great food. Borders on being too loud, but very energetic and fun. Service was a little on the slow side and they could probably benefit by more waiters. But the Waiter was very friendly when he did get around to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceAmbianceDined on 7/22/2014We enjoyed the outstanding service and food quality.Special Features:
- Steak StupendousSteaksRthemDined on 7/19/2014Really nice atmosphere. Food was superb ,staff very friendly and accommodating.A really nice experience.Special Features:
- What a great place For any occasionorange31Dined on 7/18/2014We were seated early in a booth with excellent people watching and had great service. Starting with the bread - we asked for more pretzel rolls - so good!! On to calamari, caesar salad (we were at caesars!) then had the NY Strip with lobster mashed potatoes. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone who asked and to my close friends too! Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JensJensDined on 7/18/2014ABSOLUTELY THE BEST STEAK IN VEGAS HANDS DOWN THE ULTIMATE DONT MISS THIS ONE
- It's all goodfoodloverDined on 7/16/2014Every bite was delicious. An extraordinary experience.Special Features: