Old Homestead - Caesars Palace Las Vegas
3570 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Old Homestead - Caesars Palace Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.caesarspalace.com/casinos/caesars-palace/restaurants-dining/old-homestead-detail.html
- Phone: 7027317560
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Gill
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Old Homestead - Caesars Palace Las Vegas
Old Homestead Steakhouse, one of New York City's most historic restaurants, opened its first west coast location at Caesars Palace on December 22, 2011. The classic eatery has been known for its quality steak selections for more than 140-years. Las Vegas customers will also be welcomed by Annabelle, the iconic brown and white cow that has been greeting Old Homestead customers for decades.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Old Homestead - Caesars Palace Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in Caesars Palace ›
Old Homestead - Caesars Palace Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (76)romantic (42)fit for foodies (33)notable wine list (31)good for groups (23)hot spot (14)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (7)neighborhood gem (3)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014The food was excellent. All staff members are very knowledgeable of all food on the menu. Worth the price. I like to have one good night for a good dinner. This place has great food, great service and quiet dining atmosphere. Well worth it!I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steak!MK70Dined on 8/26/2014started with the bread selection, moved onto the meatball starter and then had rib eye and Idaho potato (biggest potato in the world!) All the food was fantastic and my wife and i had a 4 table so we could next to each other and watch the world walk by .. highly reccommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014The service was good except for we ordered one foie gras and got two. Very small portions for the $. Excellent however. Porterhouse for two had to be sent back.The tenderloin was so tough, had to dispose of bite in napkin. creamed spinach small & NO cream. No Peter Luger's for sure... this meal was a huge disappointment. The only thing resembling a New York steakhouse was the noise. The table next to us said that they had eaten there the night before and the food was excellent. The meal that evening was way over salted. Obviously they have a consistency problem. They did bring us another steak of their choice and a complimentary shrimp cocktail. Problem is in the kitchenSpecial Features:
- Everything was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014Food was perfectly cooked. Service was great. Prices were good for the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grateful1Dined on 8/23/2014The cold shrimp cocktail and cold lobster appetizers were fabulous!! The porterhouse steak was prepared to exact specifications (rare) and was the best I ever ate! The side dishes were delicious. We had creamed spinach and the mushrooms but skipped the potatoes -- We felt the price point for one baked potato was too high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner before a showluvagoodsteakDined on 8/22/2014We reserved dinner before a show with some time not realizing how long it would be. We sat ordered and got our food in a timely manor and were in and out in plenty of time. The servie was great. The bread they served beforehand was so good and the shrimp was awesome. The lollipop steak we ordered was also very good. We would go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TonyDined on 8/20/2014The food and service were wonderful. Best lobster bisque I'm had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Service!LovefabulousdiningDined on 8/19/2014The food was good but similar to many steakhouses but the service was fabulous and prompt. Enjoyed our dinner but is on the expensive side of course so plan to spend a lot for dinner!Special Features:
- Top 10Luv2eatoutDined on 8/18/2014Old Homestead should be on the top 10 list of best steakhouses. Excellent cuts of meat aged perfectly and Cooke to perfection. Highly recommend to any steal lover. They also have other great entrees if you not a steak lover. And probably the best Mac&cheese in the country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steakpaulieweez505Dined on 8/13/2014Porterhouse for two was amazing. Cooked exactly as we asked. Cocktails are a little priceybut very tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tahoejoeDined on 8/13/2014LIVE IN NJ AND GO TO OLD HOMESTEAD IN THE BORGATA, THIS ONE IS PRETTY MUCH THE SAME. WE ALL HAD FILET AND IT WAS PERFECTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2014This is our traditional big meal stop when we come to Vegas. We are never disappointed by the food or service as both are excellent. Try and sit in Kacey or James' areas as they are the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!ManAnnDined on 8/10/2014We had the Porterhouse for two!! Amazing dinner ....we will definitely dine here every time we come to Vegas!!! ***** 5 STARS!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well...vlkyriDined on 8/9/2014This is a landmark restaurant at Caesars Palace with a vibrant bar. It is VERY loud so don't expect to have a quiet romantic dinner here. The service was top notch and they were great about all the tiny details, the sides were excellent. We ordered the Porterhouse for two and the inside was cooked to perfection but the exterior was completely charred. To the point of being inedible and made for a bad aftertaste. We basically cut off the burnt exterior and ate the interior. Not great considering the fact that it was a $100 porterhouse for two. Definitely not a prime cut and the cooking did not justify the price.Special Features:
- OutstandingBigJDined on 8/8/2014Food, service, portions, all were outstanding. One of the top 3 steak house meals of my life. Would highly recommend to anyoneI would recommend this to a friend.
- Big steaksQueencrabDined on 8/7/2014Waiter,(Toby?) was very informative and about explained everything that was on the menu,steaks were big as advertised and cooked to perfection,the 16oz. bone in filet was a first and it was wonderful,would recommend this place to anyone,thanks..............Special Features:
- you have to go therepleasantlysurprisedDined on 8/7/2014the food is excellent, the service was outstanding and we can't wait to return for another great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ajhTHSHDined on 8/2/2014Our dinner started out fine, enjoying the "Seafood Tower" which was filled with crab legs, shrimp, etc. Things got to the "Terrible" stage when our steaks arrived. We had ordered two steaks to be shared by the table, a bone-in filet and a bone-in ribeye. The filet was fine but the ribeye was completely raw, cold to the touch on the inside; it was, in a word, inedible.
- vegasfor2Dined on 8/2/2014Nice restaurant with very friendly, accommodating staff. Manager came by table to make sure we were being taken care of. Appetizers were nothing special, but the meat and fish was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedRandyDined on 7/27/2014My girlfriend and I went here to celebrate my birthday and our two year anniversary. We chose old homestead because of it's great reviews and it is in my favorite hotel, Caesar's Palace. Her steak was overcooked. she ordered medium and there was no pink in the steak at all. our server was condescending to say the least I do remember his name but will refrain from using it because we all have bad days and maybe this was one of his. my steak was cooked properly but as bland as i have ever had. The best part of our meal were the drinks which were made quite well. all in all we are bummed out, we love steakhouses, Caesar's Palace, and this place just was a bit let down.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/25/2014Great, great food. Borders on being too loud, but very energetic and fun. Service was a little on the slow side and they could probably benefit by more waiters. But the Waiter was very friendly when he did get around to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceAmbianceDined on 7/22/2014We enjoyed the outstanding service and food quality.Special Features:
- Steak StupendousSteaksRthemDined on 7/19/2014Really nice atmosphere. Food was superb ,staff very friendly and accommodating.A really nice experience.Special Features:
- What a great place For any occasionorange31Dined on 7/18/2014We were seated early in a booth with excellent people watching and had great service. Starting with the bread - we asked for more pretzel rolls - so good!! On to calamari, caesar salad (we were at caesars!) then had the NY Strip with lobster mashed potatoes. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone who asked and to my close friends too! Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JensJensDined on 7/18/2014ABSOLUTELY THE BEST STEAK IN VEGAS HANDS DOWN THE ULTIMATE DONT MISS THIS ONE
- It's all goodfoodloverDined on 7/16/2014Every bite was delicious. An extraordinary experience.Special Features:
- Best rib eye steakluv2eatVIPDined on 7/15/2014My husband and I were celebrating an early Amherst anniversary celebration. Went on open table and decided to try Old Homestead. We were highly satisfied. Service was excellent. Nolan was attentive and suggested items to try. My husband had the 20 oz Gotham bone in rib eye and I had the 16 oz bone off. The best tasting steak Steve had in awhile. I will definitely be back. Well worth the money and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak!VetyExyVIPDined on 7/8/2014Had the 20 oz Gotham Ribeye! Very good! Also, had the chocolate chip huge cookie with a gigantic scoop of vanilla ice cream dessert! Wow! Kevin provided great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsAD23Dined on 7/5/2014Excellent Food! Great wait staff. A must visit when you are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was disappointedMelHDined on 7/5/2014We ordered Porterhouse for 2 - medium as I like it and the Peppercorn sauce along with Caesar Salad (split for 2 because they said the portions were HUGE) and one "family style" lobster mac and cheese as the side dish. Well big disappointment. The steak is cooked at such a high heat the sear on the outside gets little overdone. The inside temp was great, but steak REALLY had no "pizazz" to the seasoning or taste and sauce did not add much to the flavor. Caesar for two was NO WHERE enough to share and while the Lobster mac and cheese was enough for the two of us, it was no where near "family size" proportion AND was not very hot or fresh, the pasta was VERY dry and the whole side was not appetizing. Will not be back. Go to Craftsteak!
- loved itth454saVIPDined on 7/5/2014loved the place just dont think its a place for kids was seated and then a family with children sat next to usSpecial Features:
- Over-Indulged!bandit124Dined on 7/4/2014Late dinner after a show at the Colosseum. The server and sommelier were superb, attentive and had excellent recommendations. We split the Vine Ripe Tomatoes with Basil & Fresh Burrata. The split was just the right portion size for us, the tomatoes were tasty and the vinaigrette smooth. Both the Bone-In Ribeye and Bone-In Filet Mignon had great flavor. The filet was overcooked. The server offered to have another cooked; my wife declined so we could eat together. Instead he insisted on comp'ing a desert. The Blue Cheese Potatoes were delicious; the Steamed Broccoli was, well, steamed broccoli. We split the Cheesecake - it was to die for! The Merry Edwards Pinot was excellent! $$$$ well deserved - very expensive! Noisy from The Shadow Bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent steakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2014We had dinner here and enjoyed the steak! BE mindful it is very very expensive be prepared again the steak was amazing and service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every way!lovevegasDined on 7/3/2014I had the filet. My husband had the chicken, both were excellent. The service was also fantastic. Everyone was attentive, the food was served as ordered and hot. Will definitively easy here again next time were in Vegas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Happy AnniversaryBagatelleladyDined on 7/3/2014Reservations were easy to make on Open Table. We requested a booth and got one. The steaks were amazing! And, in ten years we have tried a lot of well known steak houses. A great meal, service and complimentary dessert for our anniversary!Special Features:
- mimiVIPDined on 6/30/2014Service was great and our server Berke was very pleasant and kind. Knowledgeable and friendly. The colossial shrimp is the best I ever had! Giant and juicy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014My wife and I both had some of the best steaks in town. We try a new place each visit, and this will probably be our go-to for a while. We have started off years ago hitting all the to rated places and either having a great meal and bad ambiance or vise-verse. It should be noted that we like darker, quieter atmospheres. So if this may not be your place if you enjoy techno music blaring in your ear (Gordan Ramsey Steak House).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BestieYummyDined on 6/28/2014The food, bone in filet was amazing. Perfectly cooked, juicy with a slightly crunchy topping, so good. Our waitress was very knowable and fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great servicestiger2004Dined on 6/19/2014Old homestead is great place to have dinner, good food, affordable wine, excellent services.Special Features:
- DisappointedEatersVIPDined on 6/19/2014Seafood plater had no flavor. Just blah. Steaks just o.k. Service was good. Overall disappointed.