Old Hickory Steakhouse
201 Waterfront St.
National Harbor, MD 20745Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Old Hickory Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.gaylordnational.com/
- Phone: 3019654000x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon -Sat: 5:30pm - 9:30
Sunday 5:30 to 9:pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Sheppard
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Old Hickory at Gaylord National offers the utmost in Private Dining services. Old Hickory can accommodate semi private and private room needs throughout the year. Old Hickory is designed into five dining rooms which invite parties of 10 to 200. From our beautiful Wine Room to our stunning RiverView Room, Old Hickory is the perfect venue for any occasion from Birthdays, Anniversaries, Convention dinners to Board Meetings.
- Private Party Contact: Christine Canonica 3019653728x
A word from Old Hickory Steakhouse
For the finest in sophisticated dining, treat yourself to Old Hickory Steakhouse, where we make dinner truly an unforgettable experience. Overlooking the meandering river in our two-acre atrium, Old Hickory Steakhouse—Gaylord Hotels" signature restaurant—features a stylish and contemporary design, modeled on the interior of an elegant Georgian row house. Indulge in the finest wines as you savor tender, premium Black Angus Beef seared-to-perfection just the way you like it. Old Hickory takes pride in only offering the finest cuts in superior quality, all-natural 1855 beefContinued
Experience a tableside presentation of flavorful cheeses. All presented by our Maitre D' Frommage
Experience a tableside presentation of flavorful cheeses. All presented by our Maitre D' Frommage
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Old Hickory Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in National Harbor ›
Old Hickory Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (94)scenic view (79)romantic (69)notable wine list (34)good for groups (27)fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (7)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Not Worth ItRandyVIPDined on 8/26/2014My worst "high end restaurant" experience ever! Almost every dish was not prepared well. Filet Mignon dry and overcooked / poor quality meat. Terrible timing on delivery of everything. Staff was "tone-deaf" as well--not commenting on 90% of our food not eaten. Capped off by a cup of coffee full of grounds.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014Great place to celebrate a special occasion. Fantastic views, great service and perfect Steaks!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014All three steaks ordered by our party were outstanding and done to perfection as per each persons request. Lamb chops were tender, succulent and absolutely delicious..no mint jelly needed to calm gaminess in these lamb chops!!! Fromage (cheese) sommelier was also a great experience. We tried four different cheeses - they were plated beautifully, with tasty tidbits added to enhance flavors. Wines - we are pinot noir fans - were outstanding and the waiter had great suggestions. The mark - ups on the wine were reasonable for a restaurant of this caliber. Great wine list with many options. We had a table overlooking national harbor and it was beautiful. We will return!!!Special Features:
- Distinguished RestaurantDonaldDined on 8/18/2014Very classy restaurant, with excellent food, exceptional service and a great panoramic view of the Potomac River.Special Features:
- Another memorable evening!FoodandWineLoverDined on 8/16/2014We've dined here several times in small intimate groups and as a large, happy group. Each visit has enjoyed superlative service and very good meals. We've never been disappointed. The steaks are excellent and so is the salmon! The cheese selection before dinner is something I look forward to every time we come. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PattiLuvgoodeatsDined on 8/16/2014Beautiful setting, outstanding service, and the view of the sunset, the river, bridge and of course, The Wheel, was just fabulous. Oh, and the food is expensive, but delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Although the food was good, it was very salty and we noticed a lot of butter was used. My biggest complain would be the prices, I don't think they matched the quality of the food.Special Features:
- great evening...ksviaflDined on 8/12/2014A wonderful dining experience. The food and service was fantastic. It was our one year anniversary and we couldn't have asked for a nicer evening. The service was fantastic and the food was really superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous DinnerACookDined on 8/10/2014The dinner was fabulous. We started with the seafood appetizer which was very unique. We enjoyed the wedge salad and the Rib Eye Steak was cooked to perfection! We sampled three desserts ~ all delicious. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREATTashaDined on 8/10/2014My steak was perfect, the view was amazing and the service was wonderful. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Dinner after Cirque Du SoleilStephenDined on 8/9/2014Reserved for a party of three after the afternoon matinee of Cirque Du Soleil and was impressed by the ambience, service and the outstanding food we were treated to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good serviceEt183394Dined on 8/8/2014First off food was very good. Had the mussels for an appetizer, one salmon dish and two filets. Steaks very good, crab cakes excellent, salmon salad also very good. Second trip here and we come back for the steaks. A little disappointed there was no preference on seating given we noted this was an anniversary dinner on the reservation. Did not have one of the primary wines, might be nice to note that when you sit down. Got it they can't account for the total list, but could cover their staples. Service started off slow, but finished fine. Not impressed with the dessert options. Pricey, but the steaks are worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meal was disappointingMikeDined on 8/8/2014The restaurant is very nice and the service was great, but we were disappointed in the food. I tried the Wagyu Steak, and when it costs $60 you don't expect it to be chewy. The seasoning was good but it had the consistency of a leftover steak that had been microwaved. The rest of the meal was just ok, but not worth the price. We won't be going back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/5/2014Great food. Loved the cheese plate and the filet. Probably the best lobster we've ever had.Special Features:
- Superb Dining ExperienceclassydinerDined on 8/5/2014As always, the service and food are excellent. This is one of the few restaurants that the food taste just like how the presentation of food. Excellent, tasty and properly portioned. Booking through on OpenTable made making a reservation for the special occasion so easy.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceHickoryDined on 8/2/2014When I made the reservation, I typed in that it was my anniversary. Never sure if they read the notes. The staff at Old Hickory not only took the time to read that it was a special occasion dinner, the passed the word from receptionist to wait staff. We were treated very well and the food was outstanding. A memorable anniversary dinner!Special Features:
- Excellent!elcuc0Dined on 8/2/2014The food was delicious, the steak and crab meat topping were delicious and we loved the cheese assortment. You can't go wrong with this place. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HungryDined on 8/2/2014I suppose if you are going there for the steak and have a lot of money, than it is probably good. But the steaks were not certified organic so I opted for fish as well as my mother who is not big on steaks. It was somewhat less expensive for the fish, but the small portion which does not include a side dish (that is extra) and the not so tasty fish itself, it was not worth the over $100 spent for two people. But again, if you like steaks and are okay with non organic steak, and have a lot of money, I suppose it can be good. On a side note, the service was up to par of any standard restaurant and the ambience was nice.
- Nice but doesn't equal it's pricingjfk11Dined on 8/2/2014We thought the service and view were wonderful. Upon arrival the restaurant was totally unprepared for it's opening. The seating hostesses were in slow motion and late to open. The food was tasty and the filet was well prepared although over spiced. But for the prices charged, I would have expected the experience to have been more remarkable. My lobster bisque at $18 should have been more extraordinary and it wasn't. The filet was almost $40 and was only 8 oz. The plate arrived with absolutely nothing else on it. For that price again it should have been more remarkable. The sides (priced separately) were skimpy in portion size. I do not ever mind paying a good bit for a dinner but if I do, I expect it to be worth the premium.Special Features:
- Hit and miss...kurtandviv1Dined on 8/1/2014We had such an outstanding meal on Friday we decided to return on Saturday. The lamb chops were amazing! Friday was a party of 8 and things could not have gone better. Saturday we were only 4. It was disappointing that the chicken for one person oozed blood; the salmon for another was totally raw except for searing. We were given a slight discount. But the cooking time on the re-dos after the lengthy wait for the meal in the first place and the amount of discount would make me reluctant to return. And both nights, the wine we wanted was not available. The first night we got a slightly more expensive wine for the price of the one we tried to order. Saturday the wine price ($91) was only adjusted by $30+ but none for the undercooked food. :(Special Features:
- We'll be back!5yearfoodiesDined on 8/1/2014What a romantic way to spend our 5th wedding anniversary! Although this restaurant is very expensive, it is worth every penny. We were able to sit by the window with the most beautiful harbor views. The food was unbelievable- my husband said it was the best steak he has ever eaten in his life! I had a delicious salad that really was worth every penny! One thing- please do not order the french fries! They are $8.00 and they were terrible. It was silly on our part to order them but we wanted to enjoy some carbs on our vacation! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice for any occasion!Moni2dcDined on 7/30/2014The ambience was phenomenal and the food was fabulous! A must do while in DCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday experience!birthdayladyDined on 7/26/2014The food, ambiance, and service were all superb. I can assure you that I shall make a return visit.Special Features:
- First DateFullDined on 7/19/2014This place was absolutely amazing! Our server Andrew was fantastic, the table we had with a water view, was awesome. Then to top it off fireworks right before our eyes! This was our first date and we said right then,this will be our place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible service!!!SusieDined on 7/17/2014The most horrible experience!!! Mark from Alexandria took care of our table of 8- they charged us for 3 chocolate desserts which we had not ordered- we assumed it was a gesture because it was my daughters birthday. Then he brought out a second chocolate slice for another friend! When we asked about it his reply was " are we really doing this". We were dining with a CEO of a over 200million corporation and we host many many events and dinners some at this very place but not coming back after that experience. They over charged for the fish and the cigars were very dry!!!!Special Features:
- Excellent!BethinscDined on 7/13/2014Great Filet with lump crabmeat! Loved the cheese wagon! Thanks, Happy, for the great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining at a Reasonable PriveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2014Outstanding menu selection and food. Our steak meals were delicious and prepared just the way we liked it--which does not often happen even in high-end restaurant. Our server was extremely helpful in terms of entree and wine selection. Nice ambiance and excellent view.Special Features:
- Decent dinnerNebdvmDined on 7/8/2014Not as good as the first time we ate there. My steak was ok. My husbands lamb chops were veery good.Special Features:
- Good but overpricedChar1672Dined on 7/5/2014I love the ambiance and service. However, the price doesn't match the flavor. I thoroughly enjoyed the crab cake and risotto however the steak (ribeye) was fatty more than normal and not flavorful. Overall, okay, but not work the money.Special Features:
- Engagment nightGrant62814Dined on 6/28/2014I had a good time here and would come back it was the night of my engagment and everything was top notch and she said yes.Special Features:
- staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014The staff was very friendly and very knowledgeable of all menu itemsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2014Amazing food, great atmosphere. Went for boyfriends 31st bday dinner- this place was absolutely perfect! Service exceptional! Great for couples or groups looking for an hip, classy, upscale environment. I will absolutely return!Special Features:
- Pricey, but AmazingMarylandFoodieDined on 6/21/2014Went there for our 13 year anniversary. The bill was almost $300 for two, but well worth it for a special occasion. Our staff was accomodating and knowledgable. Friendly, but certainly not intrusive. Make sure you request a water view. Other review sites, even list the table numbers to be exact, but you'll be fine with just requesting a water view. Food was AMAZING. Crabcake and cheese plate appetizer. Kobe Steak and PorterHouse Steak. Divine. Can't talk about the food enough. The only thing I found odd was they served cold bread.Special Features:
- DisappointingJohnaf41Dined on 6/19/20144 entree's ordered 3 were very good ...1 very poor sent it back and came back just as unsatisfactory.....It was just a tough piece of meat poorly prepared...I was not offered an alternitive...For the price, I expected better qualitySpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/19/2014Very nice setting, good food. Amazing Potomac River views.Special Features:
- tat08Dined on 6/14/2014Very nice dinning experience. We went there for Father's day dinner since we were staying at the Gaylord and my request to be seated in the Potomac River Dinning Room was honored upon our arrival. They also allowed us to switch tables, when my husband requested to be moved to a window table once other diners left. The food was awesome and our waiter, Joe, was very informative.Special Features:
- WonderfulLSUBorkDined on 6/14/2014The food was terrific! First class service, awesome cheeses and wine. The entrees were delicious. My only complaint has nothing to do with the restaurant itself.....there was a wedding below the restaurant, so you could hear and feel a little of the music below. That was only slightly annoying. But everything about the place itself was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous AnniversaryDaneMomDined on 6/14/2014We loved everything about the place, food and service. My husband and I went to Old Hickory Steakhouse to celebrate our anniversary. Our steaks were cooked perfectly. The wine was reasonably priced compared to similar places. One of our favorite features which was unique to us was their cheese aged in their cheese cave which we ordered for appetizer. Old Hickory Steakhouse is highly recommended by us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad steakOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2014My husband and I both ordered the 8 oz filet medium rare. We were both very disappointed in the dry, flavorless, over charred piece of meat we received. Not going back :(
- Food GreatMyronDined on 6/13/2014Loved our steaks and side dishes. All well prepared and served hot. While the food was great and our server was knowledgeable and friendly, the food preparation was extremely slow. From the time we ordered until the entrees arrived it took just less than one hour. If you lack patience, I would suggest you eat at the sports bar.Special Features: