Old Hickory Steakhouse-Gaylord Palms Resort
6000 W Osceola Pkwy
Kissimmee, FL 34746Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Old Hickory Steakhouse-Gaylord Palms Resort
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylord-palms/kissimmee-orlando-dining-activities/kissimmee-orlando-re
- Phone: 4075861600x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: JR Morgan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Gioia x
A word from Old Hickory Steakhouse-Gaylord Palms Resort
Take a path through the mysterious Everglades to our rustic steakhouse retreat, Old Hickory Steakhouse. Offering charmingly sophisticated cuisine in a striking regional setting, Old Hickory Steakhouse features Certified Black Angus Beef, handcrafted artisanal cheeses and a Wine Spectator award-winning wine list. Our chefs partner with local artisans and farmers to source the finest regional products whenever available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Old Hickory Steakhouse-Gaylord Palms Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)romantic (32)scenic view (16)notable wine list (14)good for groups (12)great for outdoor dining (9)fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (6)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Great restaurant. Excellent service. Will definite come back. The youngest in the group was a 13 y/o and was very content with the food available and suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for special occasionMrandMrsTDined on 9/6/2014We celebrated my spouse's birthday. The ambiance was great. The food was excellent. And the service very attentive. Pricey, but if you know that going in, you will enjoy yourself.Special Features:
- Gaylord Palms OrlandoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014My wife and I stayed at the hotel for her birthday. Had a reservation at Old Hickory Steakhouse. If you have never been to the Gaylord in Orlando, the overall setting could not be more beautiful. Your eating on an outdoor porch over looking a tropical paradise. Our waiter, Brian, was fantastic and knowledgeable. We brought a bottle of out favorite Brunello with us that we had purchased in Tuscany. The steaks were done perfectly and the side mushrooms was to die for. Dessert was gratis since it was her birthday. The hotel restaurant manager Brian C. came by the table and we discussed the dinner and wine. A 5 star experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedenjoyableDined on 8/19/2014I've eaten at Old Hickory Steakhouse several times before and have never been disappointed therefore I felt it would be appropriate to host my wife's birthday with her children & grandchildren. Again, I was pleased with all aspects of the experience. Our waiters couldn't have been more pleasant and accommodating either.Special Features:
- Not as good as prior visitsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014Its been an year or so since our last visit, which we really enjoyed. The food just wasn't the same quality as before and yet the prices have gone up. Oh, and $11 for a small order of mashed potatoes is a bit extreme.Special Features:
- a place to rememberOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014I wanted to provide my family a memory for their last day of vacation and the old hickory steakhouse did just that. The setting of the restaurant and the hotel was amazing. Each course of our experience was better than the last. The steaks were cooked to perfection and the service was very good. We never had to wait for our drinks to be refilled nor did we feel rushed in between courses.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014Everything was perfect! Our waiter JAVIER was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksBeachFoodie23Dined on 8/6/2014As advertised, this is an excellent Steak Restaurant. White Table Cloths and superior service. I recommend this restaurant if you are staying at the Gaylord Palms Hotel.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014We had received some negative feedback for this restaurant prior to visiting, but we did not find it to be accurate at all. Service was excellent and the food was outstandng.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dining experiencerjbifbDined on 7/29/2014We try to visit twice a year. This visit was for our 35th wedding anniversary. The ambiance is unmatched , the wait staff were (as always) friendly and attentive and the food was of the highest quality.Special Features:
- Never againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Service was outstanding. However, the food was not and the menu was very limited. Your sides choices leave much to be desired. At those prices I was expecting excellence. We will never dine there again.
- Very romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/22/2014Treated like a king and very romantic destination. Food and show with presentation were great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2014Food was good but not for the price. Steaks were nothing special.Special Features:
- Traditional fine dininglocalguyDined on 7/21/2014We were seated in a semi-private room with one other couple. Our two-man team of servers were attentive, professional and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5th of July, 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014Dinner was good, restaurant was mostly empty. Had Filet, and wife had rack of lamb, mac and cheese, and sautéed spinach. All the food was good. Service was good, just a little pricey.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2014Great Restaurant!! Lobster Mac and Cheese to die for.Special Features:
- Good but OverpricedFHH33Dined on 6/29/2014Food and service were good, but a little too on the expensive side for what you get. Appears to cater more toward the business traveler at the convention center on an expense account. $250 for two people included 2 salad, 2 steaks, 1 shared side, 1 shared desert and 1 glass of wine each.Special Features:
- Our favorite steakhouse.AandJBrown33Dined on 6/25/2014My husband and I were first introduced to Old Hickory when we went to Nashville TN. We went for my birthday and we are now determined to make it to each of their 3 locations, (on special ocassions due to the rich atmosphere). Old Hickory will always be our favorite date night out with the sweet, romantic ambiance. The food is indescribably delicious and we haven't ever had a bad order. My husband and I went to the Kissimmee location for his birthday and when we thought we were finished and ready to go, out comes a dessert prepared for him with a candle on top. The service was amazing, paying attention to our needs but not overdoing it. We cannot wait for our next visit with the Old Hickory Steakhouse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to Detail -OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/23/2014All staff members, from the hostess to the servers to the support staff did everything they could to make sure you felt welcomed and enjoyed your dining experience - meals were excellent and the portion size perfect. I was there for business meetings and the overall atmosphere allowed you to be relaxed and be able to talk / hear each other.Special Features:
- reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/21/2014food and prices were comparable to Ruth chris/ mortons. nice selection of sides. blue cheese topping was disappointing and over priced for the quality .lobster mac n cheese excellent. Filet cut of meat was excellent and cooked properly. Service was OK , a bit slow and inattentive . Overall a good experience. This restaurant is in a hotel and they were welcoming to children. No kids menu but had options that work for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticMikeDined on 6/16/2014I was meeting a special lady for the first time, using open table I was able to tell the restaurant about this special occasion and order flowers. The service, attention to detail and evening was exceptional due greatly in part to the old hickory staff and open table. I can't say enough about how wonderful everyone was, she was impressed.Special Features:
- Not worth the money...NYCFoodieDined on 6/12/2014It was not worth the money...but the only game in town...tomato and onion salad was the worst...just had one at Ruth Chris tonight for $4 less... big beef tomato, sliced red oinions at (RC) versus cut up tomatoes and cut up onions and much smaller at (OHS).
- Old Hickory is greatYummmmDined on 6/12/2014The food is wonderful at Old Hickory, be prepared to spend $$$ but it's well worth it .... and they make great CosmosSpecial Features:
- Fabulous Mealgobucks1Dined on 6/12/2014We had a fabulous meal and a wonderful time at the Old Hickory Steakhouse-Gaylord Palms! The service was outstanding as well! We will go back again!Special Features:
- Great food and servicenorthwest1Dined on 6/10/2014I enjoyed this restaurant a lot ,food ,service were great . ThanksSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/6/2014We had a great meal and our server Sally did a great job too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business dinneranniversaryDined on 6/3/2014My husband and I went here for dinner with a client. The waiter was very attentive and made excellent recommendations. The food was excellent. I would definitely recommend Old Hickory, and will eat here again.Special Features:
- Bring Your WalletOpenTableDinerDined on 5/31/2014The food at this steakhouse is very good and sometimes excellent but you'll have to pay dearly for the experience. My wife started with the Seared Tuna Loin (excellent) and my daughter started with the Waygu Carpaccio (best ever!). My daughter and I ordered the Petit Filets (good) and my wife had the half rack of Lamb (excellent). The food and service overall were very good but I would save this for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful for a graduation dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014We had an amazing dinner at this charming restaurant. The service and food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!dataDined on 5/20/2014We had the most delicious meal ever!! The filet was tender, asparagus crisp, the creamiest mashed potatoes and the best chocolate souffle ever!! We loved our meal and the staff were extremely attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointslisaVIPDined on 5/19/2014Always fabulous. Besides the steaks, the cheese choices are spectacular. No brie here! If you do not know what to choose, the servers are great for guidance. The souffles are the best.Special Features:
- The following 25 reviews are from the Old Hickory Steakhouse-Gaylord Palms Resort reviews archive.
- Nicely DoneOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2014Various representatives hosted six or so customer dinners over the three evenings of the convention. Being on property, the locale is great and because of the atrium, both indoor and outdoor tables are possible, all with climate control. You feel comfortable from the moment you arrive, service is spot on, and a knowledgeable wine staff provides added benefit. Brian, the restaurant manager is extremely customer focused, assisting in any way possible to make you and your clients comfortable.Special Features:
- Amazing!JennDined on 5/10/2014This restaurant is the perfect combination of quality and quantity- no skimpy portions here. The entire staff was courteous and helped create the best experience possible. Well worth the money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service,very enjoyable nightStacycmDined on 5/2/2014We celebrated my husbands birthday with another couple here while at a convention at the hotel as well. Juan was our server and he was wonderful, had great suggestions for food and wine. No one rushed us, I think we were there for 3 hours and really enjoyed the food and the whole dining experience.Special Features:
- Meh ...Luv2dineDined on 4/26/2014Very over-rated and overpriced. The steaks were average, at best. My cowboy steak was tough and average, and undercooked for medium. The lobster bisque was very nice, but is served in a small CUP for $10! The sides were miniscule and overpriced at $10 each. The sauteed spinach was very salty!!! Disappointing as I was looking forward to a nice steak experience!Special Features:
- Deep in the "Botanical Garden".....GrandmaDined on 4/20/2014It is a cross between the Rain Forest, Jungle, Botanical Garden and Paradise.....never have we experienced a more fascinating environment for dining! Our family spent Easter Sunday at OLD HICKORY and our grandchildren now want to spend every holiday there with us- game on! We felt like we were sitting in a tree house- it was unique and fabulous. Our waiter, Kim, was accommodating to the children's needs and palettes, and encouraged the adults to make wonderful beverage and menu choices. The timing was excellent and the presentation, temperature, and flavors were superb. Pricey? Yes- but worth every penny! LOVED it! Looking forward to a return trip asap! Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Outdoor/Indoor SteakhousegaylordsteakDined on 4/18/2014Ambiance is incredible and walking around the grounds of the Gaylord is worth it and they even validate parking so a bonus.Special Features:
- Excellent steakOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/16/2014Waiter accommodated our pickiest daughters needs - steak was fabulousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never again-Hickory Steak House..LiketoeatoutDined on 4/14/2014The food was poor. The wine was terrible. The server was without personality. The cost was outrageous. We will never eat there again.
- Very disappointed!mckee0412Dined on 4/12/2014We had heard rave reviews from many friends, we were very disappointed. We went for our anniversary which Old Hickory was aware of. Seated us at a 4 seat table next to a family with two young active children in their bathing suits. I asked if they had a smaller table hoping they'd take the polite hint that maybe something a little more intimate for our anniversary. There were plenty of more open tables. Waiter was negative several times. Always trying to up-sell. Tuna appetizer lacked flavor, meat was not cooked as requested & lacked flavor. Lobster bisque soup and lobster mac and cheese both lacked flavor. To conclude they brought us an "anniversary dessert" it was a very nice touch but it was stale.Special Features: