Old Hickory Steakhouse at the Gaylord Texan
1501 Gaylord Trail
Grapevine, TX 76051-1945Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Old Hickory Steakhouse at the Gaylord Texan
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-information/restaurant/dalgt-gaylord-texan-resort-and-convention-center/
- Phone: (817) 778-2215
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Journey down the winding staircase to experience the old-world charm of Old Hickory Steakhouse located inside Gaylord Texan Resort. Tantalize your taste buds with savory dishes featuring a rich depth of flavor in every delectable bite. Gorgeous private dining rooms host intimate group dinners. The upstairs Wine Bar’s unique Enomatic Wine Tasting System allows guests to sample
A word from Old Hickory Steakhouse at the Gaylord Texan
Dine in the warm, rich atmosphere of a Texas wine cellar while savoring the finest cuts of beef and seafood paired with an artisanal cheese display and an extensive wine list. The upstairs Wine Bar hosts the unique Enomatic Wine Tasting System, allowing guests to sample a variety of rare wines from around the world in one, three, and five ounce pours.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Old Hickory Steakhouse at the Gaylord Texan - Best Restaurants in Grapevine ›
Old Hickory Steakhouse at the Gaylord Texan reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (74)romantic (62)notable wine list (43)good for groups (34)fit for foodies (26)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (4)neighborhood gem (4)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Perfect for Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014The hotel service and overall experience was "OK", BUT, the evening from pre dinner cocktail, service, through the meal was outstanding. More than we expected. Jaime our waiter was so professional, yet personable. Made our 26 yr anniversary celebration extra special. The meal could not have been better, This will be a regular for "extra special" occasions for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Really enjoyed the restaurant located inside of the Gaylord - fun to walk through this grand hotel to get to our destination too! My only complaint was that the menu was somewhat limited - particularly in the appetizer category. I would have liked to see some more share-able appetizer options for our table of 10. We were celebrating a milestone birthday and the waitstaff were attentive without being pushy and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful grounds and a great resturant.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014It was a great dinner. We were seated As soon as we arrived at our reservation time. The hotel itself was gorgeous and the meal was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Excellent food and service. It was our first time. We had a great server. Food was great. We recommended the restuarant to all our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak and SaltYummyDined on 11/18/2014This restaurant is beautiful and the service friendly, polite and professional. This is a steak place so we had two different cuts at our table done to our requests. Sides must be ordered for the table. The bread is freshly baked, the wine choice is extensive, and the salads interestingly presented. The quality of meat is excellent. I had the rib eye and you hardly needed a knife to cut it. It was soft and tender. But on the first bite the taste of salt made me pucker. The two sides we had were either too salty or peppery. When you have good quality ingredients it isn't necessary to overwhelm with salt and pepper which could be added by the customer to taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodtx101Dined on 11/15/2014Took a little while to get menus and a server, but once they came everything was great! Steaks were excellent, just wish I hadn't filled up on bread and appetizers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Experienceshecas1311Dined on 11/8/2014Consistently wonderful food, atmosphere and service every time!Special Features:
- Romantic NightMarineCaptainDined on 11/7/2014Old Hickory Steakhouse was the perfect setting for the beginning of a romantic weekend at the Gaylord Texan and the Marine Corps Birthday Ball. It was my girlfriend's first Marine Corps Ball and I wanted to entire weekend to be special. I decided to treat her to an elegant dinner at Old Hickory Steakhouse. It was our first time at the Gaylord and the restaurant. The service was fantastic, food was exceptional and the wine list was great. That night set the tone as to how the rest of the weekend would go. Thank you to our server, Binh, and the rest of the staff.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014I chose this restaurant to celebrate my birthday with some family and close friends. The wait staff was very friendly and attentive. The grass fed sirloin was absolutely heavenly and they have a decent cheese board selection. Although I did not get to try any of their wine I could see by the selection that it was very well curated. The decor is warm and inviting...definitely a place for a romantic evening or special celebration. I would certainly go back.Special Features:
- Love It!loveitculbertsonDined on 11/6/2014We absolutely love coming to The Old Hictory Steak House. It's a little pricey, but the experience is worth it. We try to put in on our agenda at least 2-3 times a year, for special occassions--like anniversary, birthdays, holidays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food & service !KendrairbyDined on 11/1/2014Everything we ordered was delicious. Crab cakes, steak, chicken, creamed corn (WOW)! Server was very friendly and informative! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ANDYDined on 10/30/2014OUTSTANDING AND VERY EXPENSIVE BUT WORTH IT FOR A SPECIAL OCCASION!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old HickoryDouglas55Dined on 10/25/2014One of our favorites. Noise level was more than we would have liked. It is difficult to find a quiet place to dine these days.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Pricy But Worth ItgaarygDined on 10/22/2014A dinner for 2 with just one glass of wine each resulted in a bill of $150.00. However, it did not come as a surprise, the menu with prices is posted. My friend had pork chops, I had lamp chops and while my friend said the pork chops I cook are better, my lamb chops were supurb.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Excellent service ygcygfgfycygcgycgygvyvygvgyvygvygvyvygvygvSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutDoJacDined on 10/21/2014Old Hickory Steakhouse was a great place to take my wife out for her birthday. We were made to feel welcome by you wait staff and the meal was prepared perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Husband's 50th birthdayNewlife1Dined on 10/18/2014Outstanding ambience. Very attentive wait staff. Enjoyable food & perfect celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenttwicebakedVIPDined on 10/18/2014Been to this restaurant a few times. Food is consistently excellent. Service is very good - to excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Atmosphere is awesomecjt342009Dined on 10/10/2014The food was great and everyone was so friendly. It is a nice place to go for a romantic dinner date..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvfoodDined on 10/10/2014Food and service was excellent, great for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud & ColdGrizzlyBearDined on 10/5/2014When we visited, we were seated in a corner which had the brunt of the air conditioning coming down. We moved our table out as far as possible and mentioned it to the waiter, but nothing was done. It was freezing in the corner to the point where not only were we cold (and I'm like a polar bear most of the time), but our food quickly got cold. It was very loud so if you're looking for a nice, romantic, quiet dinner, this isn't it. The food was excellent, great wine selection, and friendly staff. Had we been wanting a loud, "energetic" atmosphere and didn't have the problem of sitting in the arctic blast, it would have been a very good experience.Special Features:
- Paid a lot of $ and disappointedAugieDawgDined on 10/4/2014For the premier restaurant at the Gaylord we would have expected a lot better. The three steaks we ordered were not good. The filet was over-cooked and the other two prime rib-eyes were tough. We should have been asked to cut into our steaks. We should have said something but we didn't want to ruin the evening. The scallops were very good. We won't return, the Italian restaurant has been very consistent.
- Fantastic SteaksteakloverDined on 10/3/2014Michael, our waiter, was superb, and besides being very personable was very knowledgable about the wine list and menu. When I mentioned that it was chilly at our table, he returmed with a beautiful pashmina for me. My husband got the Filet, and I got the bone-out Ribeye. They were both cooked to perfection, and could have been cut with a butter knife. This was probably the best steak I have ever had, both in cook and flavor. The lobster bisque was fantastic, but so rich as to be filling before the steak even arrived. Scallops and sides were wonderful. Quite pricey but worthy of a special occasion. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice way to end a trade showpoppaof3Dined on 10/1/2014My Co workers and I were wiped out after 4 days of trade show "events" and "food". We were in TX and figured we earned a good steak...iInstead we got a great steak. Great wine list...great atmosphere. .. If I had to find flaw it was with the truffle garlic fries that were supposed to die for..... (meh)...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak and lobsterSher1977123Dined on 9/27/2014The Staff had trouble finding our reservation through open Table, after that our waitress was great, very efficent and attended to our every need, even though she was very busy. the steak and Lobster were superb. The wine not so great, probably should have beer ha!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakfoodgodVIPDined on 9/27/2014Had the bone-in ribeye and it was excellent. Good wine choices too. I like the pay by the ounce bar that is located above the Steakhouse. Be sure to go early enough to have a couple of ounces of high end wine and some cheeses.Special Features:
- Best steaks in DallaswinendineDined on 9/13/2014I have had steaks at some great places in Dallas but have to say the steak at Old Hickory Steakhouse is the best in Dallas. We have been dining here for the past 4 years and still remains my favorite in all Dallas. The waiting staff is over the top in everyway making our dining experience one we will always remember. I give them a 10 rating. Way to go Old Hickory!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LackingnjprkDined on 9/13/2014The Old Hickory had in the past been a good place to fine dine at the Gaylord. The food has been good but the service is very poor for the level this restaurant is supposed to be.
- Met all my expectationsDiningchampDined on 9/11/2014I needed to move my reservation time and they did so no problem. The food was excellent. My rib eye was cooked perfectly (rare) and my scallops were plump and seasoned just right. We also had the habanero cream corn and truffle fries....both were tasty. Our server was very attentive and gave us great suggestions. We were there for a convention, but if I ever come back this will be one place I will make sure to eat at again.Special Features:
- Great choice at the GaylordOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/10/2014The other restaurants at the Gaylord are wide open and you can see the ambiance as you make your choice. The Old Hickory is more of a mystery. But down the elegant stairway you wine a clubby, but not stuffy elegant wine cellar atmosphere. In fact our group was seating in the actual wine cellar. That setting along with the excellent food, fabulous wine and attentive service made for a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bihn was awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Our server bihn was awesome great service very helpful and above all very professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Amazing steak!!!! One of the best steak I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Middle of the roadluvfoodDined on 8/31/2014The ambiance was nice except for a little on the noisy side. Service was good. The food was lacking, especially for the price range. Tenderloin was tender but not flavorful. The sea bass was bland and a little fishy. Dissert which was the carrot/cheese cake was not fresh. Was a little disappointed.
- Spectacular experience!DiningElite12Dined on 8/31/2014Old Hickory is an EXCELLENT place! They tend to your every need, food is to die for, and romantic ambience. HIGHLY recommend. It is our all-time favorite spot and we choose it over any other high class restaurant. They also have an AMAZING cheese pairing! The Lobster Bisque is out of this world good!! Can't recommend this place enough. Truly a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Loud and ExpensiveNonRomanticDinnerDined on 8/29/2014The steak was excellent, but we were hoping for a quiet romantic, reasonably-priced dinner, and this is just not the place for such. The best I could tell, this is a place for rich, loud, carousing, drinking party people. Maybe we are just too old for it.Special Features:
- Night of celebrationRomance4usDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I spent the weekend at the Gaylord Texan celebrating our birthdays. I booked a romantic dinner at the Old Hickory Steakhouse and we had an amazing time. From the time we walked downstairs to dessert the wait staff provided incredible personal service. Thank you to the entire staff for making a great memory for us. We had both steak and seafood and it all was delicious. The wine list is extensive, so they have something for everyone. Thanks again for an amazing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old hickoryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Initially disappointed was seated in waiting area by the bar and would have expected to be offered the chance to buy a drink. Seated after 10-15 mins. Fr then on service was outstanding. They comp'ed us outstanding appetizers. Lobster bisque was incredible. The reason I didn't rate 5 star on food was the ribeye. Outstanding cut of meat. Cooked perfectly but had an odd almost marinated taste. Good steak overall not great. Would I I back. YesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb in every wayPerfect10Dined on 8/21/2014Service was outstanding. Al was very attentive and knowledgable of menu and wine list. Made us, as first time diners, comfortable with making choices of our meal. Food was cooked to perfection. I had the rack of lamb. I wished it was all you can eat. My wife had the salmon and she loved it as well. Chef came out to ask us about our meal. Made us feel like we were a guest at his home. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ANNIVERSARYHACKDined on 8/10/2014FABULOUS!! CELEBRATED OUR 35TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY HERE. GREAT MEMORIES AND THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS! STAFF VERY ATTENTIVE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary!ABanniversaryDined on 8/10/2014Enjoyed the excellent service provided by our waiter, Susan. My husband and I felt very special. While ordering, she made essential recommendations that made our food oh so very yummy! From the minute we walked in, they congratulated us for our anniversary. I especially liked that the Host immediately mentioned our last name as if we had been there before. We were quickly served. In addition there was always waiter staff attentative to our needs, constantly checking from afar for such things as more drinks and even taking a picture. Truly enjoyed the personal service. The only suggestion is that they serve a meal rather than a la carte!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.