Old Hickory Steakhouse at the Gaylord Texan
1501 Gaylord Trail
Grapevine, TX 76051-1945Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Old Hickory Steakhouse at the Gaylord Texan
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-information/restaurant/dalgt-gaylord-texan-resort-and-convention-center/
- Phone: 8177782215
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Journey down the winding staircase to experience the old-world charm of Old Hickory Steakhouse located inside Gaylord Texan Resort. Tantalize your taste buds with savory dishes featuring a rich depth of flavor in every delectable bite. Gorgeous private dining rooms host intimate group dinners. The upstairs Wine Bar’s unique Enomatic Wine Tasting System allows guests to sample
A word from Old Hickory Steakhouse at the Gaylord Texan
Dine in the warm, rich atmosphere of a Texas wine cellar while savoring the finest cuts of beef and seafood paired with an artisanal cheese display and an extensive wine list. The upstairs Wine Bar hosts the unique Enomatic Wine Tasting System, allowing guests to sample a variety of rare wines from around the world in one, three, and five ounce pours.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Old Hickory Steakhouse at the Gaylord Texan - Best Restaurants in Grapevine ›
Old Hickory Steakhouse at the Gaylord Texan reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)romantic (52)notable wine list (35)good for groups (27)fit for foodies (22)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (4)neighborhood gem (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)Show More
- Husband's 50th birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Outstanding ambience. Very attentive wait staff. Enjoyable food & perfect celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenttwicebakedVIPDined on 10/18/2014Been to this restaurant a few times. Food is consistently excellent. Service is very good - to excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Atmosphere is awesomecjt342009Dined on 10/10/2014The food was great and everyone was so friendly. It is a nice place to go for a romantic dinner date..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvfoodDined on 10/10/2014Food and service was excellent, great for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud & ColdGrizzlyBearDined on 10/5/2014When we visited, we were seated in a corner which had the brunt of the air conditioning coming down. We moved our table out as far as possible and mentioned it to the waiter, but nothing was done. It was freezing in the corner to the point where not only were we cold (and I'm like a polar bear most of the time), but our food quickly got cold. It was very loud so if you're looking for a nice, romantic, quiet dinner, this isn't it. The food was excellent, great wine selection, and friendly staff. Had we been wanting a loud, "energetic" atmosphere and didn't have the problem of sitting in the arctic blast, it would have been a very good experience.Special Features:
- Paid a lot of $ and disappointedAugieDawgDined on 10/4/2014For the premier restaurant at the Gaylord we would have expected a lot better. The three steaks we ordered were not good. The filet was over-cooked and the other two prime rib-eyes were tough. We should have been asked to cut into our steaks. We should have said something but we didn't want to ruin the evening. The scallops were very good. We won't return, the Italian restaurant has been very consistent.
- Fantastic SteaksteakloverDined on 10/3/2014Michael, our waiter, was superb, and besides being very personable was very knowledgable about the wine list and menu. When I mentioned that it was chilly at our table, he returmed with a beautiful pashmina for me. My husband got the Filet, and I got the bone-out Ribeye. They were both cooked to perfection, and could have been cut with a butter knife. This was probably the best steak I have ever had, both in cook and flavor. The lobster bisque was fantastic, but so rich as to be filling before the steak even arrived. Scallops and sides were wonderful. Quite pricey but worthy of a special occasion. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice way to end a trade showpoppaof3Dined on 10/1/2014My Co workers and I were wiped out after 4 days of trade show "events" and "food". We were in TX and figured we earned a good steak...iInstead we got a great steak. Great wine list...great atmosphere. .. If I had to find flaw it was with the truffle garlic fries that were supposed to die for..... (meh)...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak and lobsterSher1977123Dined on 9/27/2014The Staff had trouble finding our reservation through open Table, after that our waitress was great, very efficent and attended to our every need, even though she was very busy. the steak and Lobster were superb. The wine not so great, probably should have beer ha!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakfoodgodVIPDined on 9/27/2014Had the bone-in ribeye and it was excellent. Good wine choices too. I like the pay by the ounce bar that is located above the Steakhouse. Be sure to go early enough to have a couple of ounces of high end wine and some cheeses.Special Features:
- Best steaks in DallaswinendineDined on 9/13/2014I have had steaks at some great places in Dallas but have to say the steak at Old Hickory Steakhouse is the best in Dallas. We have been dining here for the past 4 years and still remains my favorite in all Dallas. The waiting staff is over the top in everyway making our dining experience one we will always remember. I give them a 10 rating. Way to go Old Hickory!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LackingnjprkDined on 9/13/2014The Old Hickory had in the past been a good place to fine dine at the Gaylord. The food has been good but the service is very poor for the level this restaurant is supposed to be.
- Met all my expectationsDiningchampDined on 9/11/2014I needed to move my reservation time and they did so no problem. The food was excellent. My rib eye was cooked perfectly (rare) and my scallops were plump and seasoned just right. We also had the habanero cream corn and truffle fries....both were tasty. Our server was very attentive and gave us great suggestions. We were there for a convention, but if I ever come back this will be one place I will make sure to eat at again.Special Features:
- Great choice at the GaylordOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/10/2014The other restaurants at the Gaylord are wide open and you can see the ambiance as you make your choice. The Old Hickory is more of a mystery. But down the elegant stairway you wine a clubby, but not stuffy elegant wine cellar atmosphere. In fact our group was seating in the actual wine cellar. That setting along with the excellent food, fabulous wine and attentive service made for a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bihn was awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Our server bihn was awesome great service very helpful and above all very professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Amazing steak!!!! One of the best steak I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Middle of the roadluvfoodDined on 8/31/2014The ambiance was nice except for a little on the noisy side. Service was good. The food was lacking, especially for the price range. Tenderloin was tender but not flavorful. The sea bass was bland and a little fishy. Dissert which was the carrot/cheese cake was not fresh. Was a little disappointed.
- Spectacular experience!DiningElite12Dined on 8/31/2014Old Hickory is an EXCELLENT place! They tend to your every need, food is to die for, and romantic ambience. HIGHLY recommend. It is our all-time favorite spot and we choose it over any other high class restaurant. They also have an AMAZING cheese pairing! The Lobster Bisque is out of this world good!! Can't recommend this place enough. Truly a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Loud and ExpensiveNonRomanticDinnerDined on 8/29/2014The steak was excellent, but we were hoping for a quiet romantic, reasonably-priced dinner, and this is just not the place for such. The best I could tell, this is a place for rich, loud, carousing, drinking party people. Maybe we are just too old for it.Special Features:
- Night of celebrationRomance4usDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I spent the weekend at the Gaylord Texan celebrating our birthdays. I booked a romantic dinner at the Old Hickory Steakhouse and we had an amazing time. From the time we walked downstairs to dessert the wait staff provided incredible personal service. Thank you to the entire staff for making a great memory for us. We had both steak and seafood and it all was delicious. The wine list is extensive, so they have something for everyone. Thanks again for an amazing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old hickoryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Initially disappointed was seated in waiting area by the bar and would have expected to be offered the chance to buy a drink. Seated after 10-15 mins. Fr then on service was outstanding. They comp'ed us outstanding appetizers. Lobster bisque was incredible. The reason I didn't rate 5 star on food was the ribeye. Outstanding cut of meat. Cooked perfectly but had an odd almost marinated taste. Good steak overall not great. Would I I back. YesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb in every wayPerfect10Dined on 8/21/2014Service was outstanding. Al was very attentive and knowledgable of menu and wine list. Made us, as first time diners, comfortable with making choices of our meal. Food was cooked to perfection. I had the rack of lamb. I wished it was all you can eat. My wife had the salmon and she loved it as well. Chef came out to ask us about our meal. Made us feel like we were a guest at his home. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ANNIVERSARYHACKDined on 8/10/2014FABULOUS!! CELEBRATED OUR 35TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY HERE. GREAT MEMORIES AND THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS! STAFF VERY ATTENTIVE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary!ABanniversaryDined on 8/10/2014Enjoyed the excellent service provided by our waiter, Susan. My husband and I felt very special. While ordering, she made essential recommendations that made our food oh so very yummy! From the minute we walked in, they congratulated us for our anniversary. I especially liked that the Host immediately mentioned our last name as if we had been there before. We were quickly served. In addition there was always waiter staff attentative to our needs, constantly checking from afar for such things as more drinks and even taking a picture. Truly enjoyed the personal service. The only suggestion is that they serve a meal rather than a la carte!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!Good2GoDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I celebrated our 17th anniversary here. The food was great, service was impeccable, and it was very romantic! I recommend this restaurant!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place for a special mealLivinlifeDined on 8/8/2014We were in dallas to celebrate a friend's birthday. After reading reviews online, we decided to visit the Gaylord resort and try Old Hickory for her birthday dinner. It was fabulous. We made reservations just 2 hours before arriving. We were promptly seated and very impressed with the ambience and overall decor! The meal was really good; steak cooked perfectly, sides were best I've had anywhere. You must have the habanero corn!! Wow! The service was just as good as the meal. The cost was as we expected, not cheap, but worth it I promise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodViperDined on 8/7/2014Dinner was definitely pricy but my wife and I were totally pampered by our server Alyn and the food was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steakhouse!CheatsheetVIPDined on 8/3/2014Our favorite restaurant (albeit pricey) at Gaylord Texan Resort! We had a lovely romantic booth with tablecloth & cloth napkins. Delicious food! Bread was warm and so good. Butter was appropriately at room temperature:) Ben, our waiter, was great. A few knocks: The perfectly seasoned crab cakes were packed with lump crab (very tasty), but I found a couple of shells. The lobster bisque (good flavor) lacked lobster meat. They had our favorite wine, Prisoner:) Bravo! The highlight was the fillets - tender, flavorful, and juicy! Perfectly cooked! Tried the whipped potatoes & the fries - both good. The ice cream for dessert was just OK. Overall, a wonderful steakhouse restaurant! We highly recommend it! Would be 5 stars but for the few knocks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome FoodGalleriaDined on 8/1/2014My kids and I enjoyed the food. It was out of this world. Service was exceptional. I would recommend this restaurant. Must try it but expect to pay $$$$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Took a friend out for a birthday and the service and food was all very good. Steak was very tender and perfectly cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20th Anniversary- Great Dinner/WinePopsDineDined on 7/29/2014It was our 20th wedding anniversary and the romantic feel of the restaurant was wonderful... Best filet I've ever had!! The 1/2 bottle of wine is a great option also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerBeefeaterDined on 7/26/2014Went for the first time with wife and another couple. Service was great. The food was also really good. Our steaks were cooked right how each one of us wanted it, and they were flavorful. For sides we went for the wild mushrooms and the habanero creamy corn. Both very good choices indeed. Although we decided not to have wine, I did check the wine list and it is well stocked. I have seen reviews where the noisy environment is mentioned. I did not find it that noisy really.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 7OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014We had a large party for dinner on Saturday night. The service started out good and we all ordered our appetizers. I has the Caprese salad and was disappointed in the mozzarella cheese. My sister had the crab cakes and I tasted them, they were soggy and fishy to me. If our server had asked how our appetizers were, I would have told him , but he did not ask. He also did not ask our entrees were until we were finished. I felt the service was adequate but not what I had experienced in previous visits. Steaks were good but overpriced and the scallops were wonderful. The menu is a bit pricy to not be accompanied by excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014This was our first time dining at the Old Hickory Steakhouse and it was a special occasion - wedding anniversary. We really enjoyed our steaks and the service was very attentive. Our only disappointment, which in hindsight should have been expected, was the large groups seated around us -- including several children. This added to the noise level significantly and lowered the ambiance we were hoping to achieve and have experienced at other fine steak houses in the area. The price was also a little higher for the quality than we have experienced at a few of our other favorites. We enjoy strolling through the atrium area of the Gaylord hotel, which adds to the experience, but we probably won't be back to this restaurant in the future.Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014It was a great experience! The food was great, and it was nice walking around the Gaylord and enjoy the surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant at a great hotelWooleyboolyDined on 7/9/2014Had our anniversary dinner at Old Hickory while staying at the hotel. We had the Cowboy Ribeye, habanero cream corn, and fries. The steak was great...wonderful cut and cooked perfectly. The corn was also delicious and would get them again. Not sure why we went with the fries, but save your time and order something else. They are average at best and come at an obscene quantity. For dessert we had the kettle corn frozen yogurt which was delicious. Our waiter was very good and knowledgeable about the menu and wine list. The noise level was also a little louder than I would have liked with several large parties and an overly inebriated diner sitting a couple of tables away. Overall, a wonderful dining experience on a special day.Special Features:
- Wait StaffAnniversaryDined on 7/6/2014Our waiter, Binh was really great, he very friendly and our order was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak Preparation Has DeclinedFoodGCDined on 7/5/2014Filets were cooked perfectly but were way over salted to the point of almost being inedible. The Kansas City Strip, which is expensive, appeared and tasted as if it had been microwaved. It was not a very high quality cut of beef, it had very little searing on one side and not the other and the juices resembled the effect you get when beef is microwaved. We have dined on numerous occasions at the Old Hickory but something has changed within the year. The salad and appetizers were still fine, but the steaks were not good.Special Features:
- Not a real steak placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/4/2014For a steak place, they did not nail the steaks. My wife's tenderloin looked medium rare when we cut in, but ended tasting dry, like they left it on one side while cooking. My rib eye was also a bit over medium rare, but had good flavor. Sending stuff back is always a hassle so they need to get it right the first time. My daughter's tenderloin was spot on. go figure. Sides, dessert, salads were good and what one would expect. the lobster bisque was weird in that the lobster was all shredded. Not sure what caused that. the taste was OK but the texture was off. The wines were the highlight. The steward picked a great cab that was not one of the standards, but every bit as good. the dessert flight was a nice mix of wines also.Special Features:
- GreatGoodFoodDined on 7/4/2014Dinner was wonderful. The atmosphere was more casual that I had anticipated. There were many people dressed up as well as many people in very casual clothing. (This may have to do with it being a holiday weekend). The wait staff was very pleasant. Our waiter was knowledgeable about the wine selections. The steak was cook perfectly and had wonderful flavor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.