Old Hickory Steakhouse at the Gaylord Texan
1501 Gaylord Trail
Grapevine, TX 76051-1945Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Old Hickory Steakhouse at the Gaylord Texan
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-information/restaurant/dalgt-gaylord-texan-resort-and-convention-center/
- Phone: 8177782215
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Journey down the winding staircase to experience the old-world charm of Old Hickory Steakhouse located inside Gaylord Texan Resort. Tantalize your taste buds with savory dishes featuring a rich depth of flavor in every delectable bite. Gorgeous private dining rooms host intimate group dinners. The upstairs Wine Bar’s unique Enomatic Wine Tasting System allows guests to sample
A word from Old Hickory Steakhouse at the Gaylord Texan
Dine in the warm, rich atmosphere of a Texas wine cellar while savoring the finest cuts of beef and seafood paired with an artisanal cheese display and an extensive wine list. The upstairs Wine Bar hosts the unique Enomatic Wine Tasting System, allowing guests to sample a variety of rare wines from around the world in one, three, and five ounce pours.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Old Hickory Steakhouse at the Gaylord Texan - Best Restaurants in Grapevine ›
Old Hickory Steakhouse at the Gaylord Texan reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (62)romantic (44)notable wine list (34)good for groups (25)fit for foodies (17)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (5)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- ANNIVERSARYHACKDined on 8/10/2014FABULOUS!! CELEBRATED OUR 35TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY HERE. GREAT MEMORIES AND THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS! STAFF VERY ATTENTIVE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary!ABanniversaryDined on 8/10/2014Enjoyed the excellent service provided by our waiter, Susan. My husband and I felt very special. While ordering, she made essential recommendations that made our food oh so very yummy! From the minute we walked in, they congratulated us for our anniversary. I especially liked that the Host immediately mentioned our last name as if we had been there before. We were quickly served. In addition there was always waiter staff attentative to our needs, constantly checking from afar for such things as more drinks and even taking a picture. Truly enjoyed the personal service. The only suggestion is that they serve a meal rather than a la carte!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!Good2GoDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I celebrated our 17th anniversary here. The food was great, service was impeccable, and it was very romantic! I recommend this restaurant!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place for a special mealLivinlifeDined on 8/8/2014We were in dallas to celebrate a friend's birthday. After reading reviews online, we decided to visit the Gaylord resort and try Old Hickory for her birthday dinner. It was fabulous. We made reservations just 2 hours before arriving. We were promptly seated and very impressed with the ambience and overall decor! The meal was really good; steak cooked perfectly, sides were best I've had anywhere. You must have the habanero corn!! Wow! The service was just as good as the meal. The cost was as we expected, not cheap, but worth it I promise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodViperDined on 8/7/2014Dinner was definitely pricy but my wife and I were totally pampered by our server Alyn and the food was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steakhouse!CheatsheetVIPDined on 8/3/2014Our favorite restaurant (albeit pricey) at Gaylord Texan Resort! We had a lovely romantic booth with tablecloth & cloth napkins. Delicious food! Bread was warm and so good. Butter was appropriately at room temperature:) Ben, our waiter, was great. A few knocks: The perfectly seasoned crab cakes were packed with lump crab (very tasty), but I found a couple of shells. The lobster bisque (good flavor) lacked lobster meat. They had our favorite wine, Prisoner:) Bravo! The highlight was the fillets - tender, flavorful, and juicy! Perfectly cooked! Tried the whipped potatoes & the fries - both good. The ice cream for dessert was just OK. Overall, a wonderful steakhouse restaurant! We highly recommend it! Would be 5 stars but for the few knocks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome FoodGalleriaDined on 8/1/2014My kids and I enjoyed the food. It was out of this world. Service was exceptional. I would recommend this restaurant. Must try it but expect to pay $$$$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Took a friend out for a birthday and the service and food was all very good. Steak was very tender and perfectly cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20th Anniversary- Great Dinner/WinePopsDineDined on 7/29/2014It was our 20th wedding anniversary and the romantic feel of the restaurant was wonderful... Best filet I've ever had!! The 1/2 bottle of wine is a great option also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerBeefeaterDined on 7/26/2014Went for the first time with wife and another couple. Service was great. The food was also really good. Our steaks were cooked right how each one of us wanted it, and they were flavorful. For sides we went for the wild mushrooms and the habanero creamy corn. Both very good choices indeed. Although we decided not to have wine, I did check the wine list and it is well stocked. I have seen reviews where the noisy environment is mentioned. I did not find it that noisy really.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 7OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014We had a large party for dinner on Saturday night. The service started out good and we all ordered our appetizers. I has the Caprese salad and was disappointed in the mozzarella cheese. My sister had the crab cakes and I tasted them, they were soggy and fishy to me. If our server had asked how our appetizers were, I would have told him , but he did not ask. He also did not ask our entrees were until we were finished. I felt the service was adequate but not what I had experienced in previous visits. Steaks were good but overpriced and the scallops were wonderful. The menu is a bit pricy to not be accompanied by excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014This was our first time dining at the Old Hickory Steakhouse and it was a special occasion - wedding anniversary. We really enjoyed our steaks and the service was very attentive. Our only disappointment, which in hindsight should have been expected, was the large groups seated around us -- including several children. This added to the noise level significantly and lowered the ambiance we were hoping to achieve and have experienced at other fine steak houses in the area. The price was also a little higher for the quality than we have experienced at a few of our other favorites. We enjoy strolling through the atrium area of the Gaylord hotel, which adds to the experience, but we probably won't be back to this restaurant in the future.Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014It was a great experience! The food was great, and it was nice walking around the Gaylord and enjoy the surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant at a great hotelWooleyboolyDined on 7/9/2014Had our anniversary dinner at Old Hickory while staying at the hotel. We had the Cowboy Ribeye, habanero cream corn, and fries. The steak was great...wonderful cut and cooked perfectly. The corn was also delicious and would get them again. Not sure why we went with the fries, but save your time and order something else. They are average at best and come at an obscene quantity. For dessert we had the kettle corn frozen yogurt which was delicious. Our waiter was very good and knowledgeable about the menu and wine list. The noise level was also a little louder than I would have liked with several large parties and an overly inebriated diner sitting a couple of tables away. Overall, a wonderful dining experience on a special day.Special Features:
- Wait StaffAnniversaryDined on 7/6/2014Our waiter, Binh was really great, he very friendly and our order was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak Preparation Has DeclinedFoodGCDined on 7/5/2014Filets were cooked perfectly but were way over salted to the point of almost being inedible. The Kansas City Strip, which is expensive, appeared and tasted as if it had been microwaved. It was not a very high quality cut of beef, it had very little searing on one side and not the other and the juices resembled the effect you get when beef is microwaved. We have dined on numerous occasions at the Old Hickory but something has changed within the year. The salad and appetizers were still fine, but the steaks were not good.Special Features:
- Not a real steak placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/4/2014For a steak place, they did not nail the steaks. My wife's tenderloin looked medium rare when we cut in, but ended tasting dry, like they left it on one side while cooking. My rib eye was also a bit over medium rare, but had good flavor. Sending stuff back is always a hassle so they need to get it right the first time. My daughter's tenderloin was spot on. go figure. Sides, dessert, salads were good and what one would expect. the lobster bisque was weird in that the lobster was all shredded. Not sure what caused that. the taste was OK but the texture was off. The wines were the highlight. The steward picked a great cab that was not one of the standards, but every bit as good. the dessert flight was a nice mix of wines also.Special Features:
- GreatGoodFoodDined on 7/4/2014Dinner was wonderful. The atmosphere was more casual that I had anticipated. There were many people dressed up as well as many people in very casual clothing. (This may have to do with it being a holiday weekend). The wait staff was very pleasant. Our waiter was knowledgeable about the wine selections. The steak was cook perfectly and had wonderful flavor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceBudHillDined on 6/26/2014My wife and I celebrated our 33rd wedding anniversary with having dinner at this wonderful place. It was an outstanding experience from the moment we walked in and were greeted. Highly recommended to one and all and especially for the "special" occasion. The food was excellent just as advertised. Our expectations were high and thankfully greatly exceeded. Thanks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Anniversary celebration ever.BarbBDined on 6/21/2014Excellent service and food was absolutely delicious. Awesome steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014The food was great , however the filet was not cooked to order, specifically asked what med was and it ended up more well, no red and very light pinkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerwheresthebeefDined on 6/6/2014On entering, you walk down a spiral stair as if going to the wine cellar. The table was ready even though we arrived 15 minutes early. All of the staff made us feel special. We were treated to a complimentary toast of champagne. I had the BLT wedge salad, and the butter lettuce was fresh and perfect, with crispy bacon, bleu cheese, and red tomato. We both ordered the filet mignon, and they were cooked the way we like it, medium for me and well done for her. The big asparagus had good flavor and texture, not at all woody, and topped with butter and grated cheese. Finished it off with a Crème Brulee (again complimentary) with candle and happy anniversary written in chocolate on the plate. We had a thoroughly delightful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining...clcADined on 6/1/2014Totally enjoyed are a wonderful evening with great food and wine! Would definitely recommend!!Special Features:
- Great steakChefroxy00Dined on 5/31/2014Stayed at the Gaylord for girls weekend. Had a reservation through Opentable. When I walked up the girl sitting us had a little bit of an attitude. I told her i booked thru opentable and she looked at me like I was an alien and didn't have a reservation. Sat us on the end table near the bar. Very noisy. Asked to sit somewhere else. Crowd at bar left and it was bit quieter. Our waiter was awesome and the food was great. Only complaint was it was very noisy and the tables were set beautifully and the service was great after we were seated. Would def go again.Special Features:
- Great dining experiencegboudxDined on 5/31/2014This was our 2nd visit and it was consistently awesome. The cocktail I ordered has a good amount of whiskey and wasn't watered down. Oysters Rockerfeller was awesome. The filet mignon was fork tender and the ribeye was extremely flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I can't believe I had never been b4AvonGirlplus3Dined on 5/30/2014My husband and I are moving and we wanted to take our Realtor out for dinner. We went here and from the Valet parking to the Concierge and everyone in the Restaurant (including the ladies that greeted us and asked how many) were all very nice, professional, knew what they were talking about (food and wine). The waiter was very nice. When the drinks were getting low I noticed that whom ever walked by and noticed, they would refill our glasses. I would definitely eat here again with my husband for date night or any special occasion with the family.Special Features:
- Great time.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014The restaurant itself is so well done we had a great time. It is a little over price even tho it is in the Gaylord hotel. I have the prime steak cooked med rare it was good but thought they could of done a better season on it. I also had the wedge salad with the spicy ranch the ranch was excellent. Now the service was so perfect. She was perfect. She even pointed out that since we had a group of six that gratuity was included. Would eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as usualjords5Dined on 5/24/2014I have been to the steak house a few times now and I have never been disappointed. The service is great and the food is always top notch. I will always recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Steaks were cold and chewy at that price they should have been excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular Food and ServiceCgaines76401Dined on 5/20/2014As always Old Hickory never disappoints. The service and food are delightful and delicious. We began the dinner with lobster bisque soup and shrimp cocktail. We moved on to dinner with selections of crab cakes, lobster, filet of beef and the cowboy rib eye. Our sides were poblano corn, whipped potatoes and sautéed mushrooms. We ended this fine meal with creme brûlée, chocolate torte and a selection of cheeses. Every steak was cooked to perfection and every part of the meal was perfectly executed. The wine selection is extensive as is the cheese. Wonderful steakhouse!!! You should try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem for a wine and food buffmoongoddessDined on 5/20/2014This is the second time I have been to Old Hickory when in the Gaylord Texan. I made a point of coming back to this restaurant and asking for the waiter from 5 years prior, Joseph, as he and the food were exceptional. Wonderful service with knowledge and a bit of fun. This time I had the cheese plate as an appetizer. The selections were exceptional! I had the surf and turf with the steak being cooked perfectly and the lobster some of the sweetest I have ever had. We ended with the chocolate souffle. As it was the time I had been prior, it was a memorable evening of exquisite dining and service.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerdeborahDined on 5/17/2014Our waiter wrote Happy Anniversary on our dessert plate. It was a very nice gesture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak dinner ever!SeefoodDined on 5/17/2014My wife and I like to stay at the Gaylord for our anniversary. This meal was one of the best I have ever had in all of North Texas. I have followed Anthony, sommelier, for over 15 years and he has always shined and that night he had a low production cab, with a single 2007 bottle that he was obviously saving for special guests. Amazing wine! Our waiter David, recommended a special martini that my wife loved. Next the cheese cart, we selected the 3 cheese package and they were perfect. Split a caprese salad, which was a delight to the eyes as well as the mouth! Prime rib eyes cooked perfectly, crisp asparagus and habanero mac had great a zing to it! No desert as we were done! Every element of the dinner that was amazing!Special Features:
- Excellent service and foodBarbaroVIPDined on 5/16/2014Excellent food for a marriott property - wine list was very pricey - service was excellent and seafood was excellent - will return here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OldHickoryReviewOldHickoryReviewDined on 5/16/2014My wife and I had our first dinner at the Old Hickory last Friday night. We did enjoy the experience and are planning to return with friends in the next few weeks. Our waitperson, Jamie, was one of the best I have encountered. He was very professional, attentive to detail, and genuinely concerned with providing us with a great dining experience. The food was prepared very well with the exception of my steak that was too well done. The soufflé was terrific. I suggest that the selections for wine by the glass should be expanded. It would seem that you could make better use of the inventory in the wine bar on the floor above your restaurant. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steak and seafoodsjhavInVIPDined on 5/11/2014Excellent food and excellent service. I don't think anyone could be disappointed with this place. I have eaten here twice and see myself going back more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous 5 starWorldTravelerDined on 5/10/2014Everytime we go to this fabulous restaurant we always have the same fantastic service ...Their unbelieveable Great Steaks are very tasty and since they are such ample servings we always split the Prime Cowboy Ribeye and they are gracious to serve it up on two separate plates at your request. Only thing I wished for is if they would have served baked potatoe or a sweet potatoe for a healthier choice. Mashed potatoes are more for "small fries" but the Habinero Corn was Great (ITS SPICY SO WATCH OUT) That is a very very minor thing...just my opinion to make it absolutely flawless!Special Features:
- not to be missed.MitchellsDined on 4/30/2014it is worth going to Texas to eat here- the steaks were the best ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/25/2014This was our 2nd time to eat here and it was amazing. The service is so attentive. We look forward to our next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 28 reviews are from the Old Hickory Steakhouse at the Gaylord Texan reviews archive.
- Better than Bob'sluvdit1Dined on 4/23/2014Great venue for a high powered dinner with my CEO, VP, and I to host an important customer. Everything went better than planned!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.