Old Hickory Steakhouse at Gaylord Opryland
2800 Opryland Drive
Nashville, TN 37214Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Old Hickory Steakhouse at Gaylord Opryland
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.gaylordopryland.com/Dining
- Phone: 6154586848
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Old Hickory Steakhouse at Gaylord Opryland
A nod to President Andrew Jackson’s nickname, Old Hickory Steakhouse harnesses the charm of Antebellum-style architecture with the finest in sophisticated dining for a truly unforgettable experience. Overlooking the meandering river in our 4.5 acre Delta Atrium, Old Hickory Steakhouse—Gaylord Hotels' signature restaurant—features 1855 Black Angus Beef seared to perfection, artisan cheeses and an extensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Old Hickory Steakhouse at Gaylord Opryland - Best Restaurants in Nashville ›
Old Hickory Steakhouse at Gaylord Opryland reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (92)romantic (65)scenic view (48)notable wine list (37)great for outdoor dining (31)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (17)late-night find (8)neighborhood gem (5)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Great Food and ServiceVADrum74Dined on 9/10/2014Took co-workers to Old Hickory one evening and the experience exceeded expectations. Probably one of the best steaks I have ever had. Good cut and was cooked to perfection. Service was perfect.Special Features:
- Amazing anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Food and wine were expertly paired. Our server was attentive and knew the menu inside and out. Made wonderful suggestions about the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our special anniversary spotmomof2plus2Dined on 9/6/2014We always love coming to Old Hickory for our anniversary if we happen to be in Nashville. Probably our favorite part about the restaurant is their wine and cheese selection. The atmosphere is lovely - we were a tiny bit underwhelmed with the food this time. Although the steaks were cooked to perfection, they were a little bland. They also removed the au gratin potatoes from the menu, which used to be my husband's favorite. The waiter was extremely helpful with the wine selection. I did let them know it was our anniversary when i made the reservations, so our table was set right in front of the fountain and our menus said "Happy Annniversary" on them, which was a nice touch.Special Features:
- JanrDined on 9/6/2014Went for 45th wedding anniversary. It is pricy at least for us but the food and service was outstanding. It is in the Oprylad Hotel in atrium so has outdoor atmosphere. The noise I referred to above is not from restaurant or diners(very quiet) but the waterfalls in the Cascade Atrium.Special Features:
- UpscaleWineNdineDined on 8/30/2014Reservations was easy online. Waiter and staff was professional and attentive. Food was very good and prepared perfectly. Only issue is prepare for a LARGE bill. This is not a place to take small children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Labor Day weekendfancy12284Dined on 8/30/2014The food and service are great. This is a great place for a special romantic dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Lobster was undercooked, but they did remove it from our bill. Everything else was a bit too salty. Filet was excellent. Not a place for foodies...you will be disappointed. Too dark...had to ask for a flashlight to read the menu. Crème Brule was more like flan.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reward Dinnerbugbasher2Dined on 8/26/2014We took our Managers to dinner as a reward for all their hard work and efforts during the Harley-Davidson Dealer Show. Some of the steaks were prepared medium well even after the initial request of rare to medium rare. The noise level was loud and annoying because of the waterfalls near the outside dining area. It was difficult to talk and hear when at a group table for six. Although our waiter was attentive there were a few times we still needed to flag him down for drinks, etc. I had eaten at other Gaylord locations of the Old Hickory Steakhouse and the attention to detail seems to be slipping at this particular one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary dinner!tazlexDined on 8/23/2014We recently celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary with a special dinner at the Old Hickory Steakhouse in the Gaylord Opryland Hotel. The food was wonderful and the service was outstanding. Totally five stars in every dimension. We were also given a special dessert on the house in honor of our anniversary. Fantastic experience; highly recommended. Certainly the price point is a bit higher here than some other nice restaurants, but for the food quality, ambiance, and service, it was well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedWorldTravelerDined on 8/23/2014The ambiance was great. Food was overpriced and not as good as Outback Steakhouse. The servers were not very attentive. Dinner for two was $135. We ordered the porterhouse steak, ribeye, mashed potatoes, and lobster bisque. We drank water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningFiveInPartyDined on 8/22/2014All meal courses were elegantly prepared. Accomplished chef. My filet was overly done by mistake. But everything else was great. Amazing Caesar salad and crème brulle.Special Features:
- favorite for steak away from homekstarrzzzDined on 8/20/2014We dine at Old Hickory every time we stay at the Opryland hotel. It is my favorite and the best steak I have ever eaten out. It melts in your mouth. When you ask for rare, that is what you get. Highly recommend. It is pricey, but we'll worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceDaveVIPDined on 8/17/2014Superior service from our waiter - Wayne! A very memorable dinner and experience.Special Features:
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Amazing food the rib eye was cook oerfect. Very expensive but its worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Was Okay...ClevelandDined on 8/16/2014The food and service was just okay...not exactly what I was expecting for the price.Special Features:
- Mediocre food for the high pricesJoshjackDined on 8/15/2014Picked Olde Hickory because we were staying at the resort and it was convenient. I had high hopes, especially for the bone-in filet which is a rare cut to find. While the view and ambience were excellent, the food was below even what you'd get at a chain like Longhorns (which I do like). The service was excellent as well, but it was obvious the chef didn't know his business. For instance, the bone-in filet ordered medium was cooked well done over the entire half away from the bone, and medium only right by the bone. This is a hard cut to cook, but they shouldn't offer it if they don't know how to cook it! The 8oz filet was marginal, and the sides were decent - nothing to rave about. For the prices I'll stick with Del Friscos or similar.Special Features:
- FantasticJakeDined on 8/11/2014Fantastic! From the time we were seated till we left, everything was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SalesDined on 8/11/2014We had a reservation for 7:15pm. We were told that we would be seated in just a few moments. It seems that a malfunction happened along the way and instead of being upfront with me, we were told soon over and over again. We were seated at 8:45. No manager every came over to explain the reason for the wait. We were one of the last tables to be seated that evening. It is the only steakhouse in the hotel and I did not want to serve my customers to a lesser quality meal. No cheese and dessert tray were brought by the table. Take a cab, go downtown. They have a captive audience and it is your privilege to dine there.
- ExcellentShawnDined on 8/11/2014Service, food, and setting couldn't be better. From the moment you enter until you leave. Will recommend to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KEN1950Dined on 8/9/2014EVERYTHING GOOD.....ROOF LEAKED ON US DURING MEAL ......WE WILL EAT THERE GAIN IN FUTURESpecial Features:
- Made our nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Fantastic service and great food! We went there to celebrate our anniversary and they made it extra special for us. Everyone, from the manager, the hostesses, our waiter to the gentlemen who poured our drinks and removed our plates were very attentive, friendly and personable. They all helped make our special day even more so.Special Features:
- Yikes...KiptonyteDined on 8/8/2014Way too expensive and not a great selection of food...Special Features:
- over done steaksMelchiorDined on 8/5/2014we ordered two filet mignons - rare and medium rare. Sent the first back as they were overcooked. Replacements arrived quickly, but were not what we ordered -as they were done medium. Salads, side orders, service were outstanding, BUT - you go to a steakhouse for the steaks. Overall, we were disappointed.Special Features:
- Best meal in a while..will go backkytaylorukDined on 8/2/2014A place where the food is definitely worth the money. We went in knowing we would pay a higher than normal price and we were hoping the food, service, and dining environment would be worth it. I can absolutely say YES, it was worth it. The waiter was well informed on the entire menu including the wine list and was "johnny on the spot" with his service without ever being too pushy or visible. The bone-in filet special was smoky and required nothing additional. Top 3 steak ever. The regular filet with the mushroom topping was also great. The lobster bisque and crab cakes were simply the best ever. Great flavor and nothing before has compared. Great place for that "once in a while" sit-down dining experience with someone special.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Steaks are delicious!!!!! Service was amazing! Wonderful dining experience as always thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceBoogy55Dined on 8/1/2014The dinner was delicious. The service was excellent. The ambience was great. Love the location. Overall wonderful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glenn & SusanGampaDined on 7/30/2014Good steak, service, and dining venue. I grade it as an "A". Service was not on top of you all the time they showed up at the right time for further service. Filet was great, Rib Eye was good, Asparagus very well prepared and the Sweet Butter Mashed taters were very good. Opryland Hotel Atrium setting was very soothing and comfortable, water falls were too loud but this should not stop you from dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FairmusicmanDined on 7/28/2014I have had better steaks elsewhere. Spinach and bisque is a must. Service was impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RayCDined on 7/25/2014Very good service. Food was very well prepared. But it is pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steakhouse-ishOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/24/2014The seafood tower was a plate on a trivet, not a tower by any stretch. The steaks were good, a bit overseasoned. The overall experience was a good one. The waiter and back waiter were very interactive and informative while not being obtrusive. The sides need to be a bit smaller (was enough for 5 people there were only 2 of us, and I hate waste). 3 out of 5 stars from a New Yorker in a far away touristy place, not too shabby!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDrMcBusterstickVIPDined on 7/19/2014I chose this place over Ruth's Chris and I regret it. While the setting inside the greenhouse at Gaylord, the food was a let down. For the asking price of their menu items I expected it to be perfect. We had two issues: 1) the steak tartare - the quality control was poor as there were inedible bits of fat strap and gristle throughout the dish. We brought this to the waiter's attention and they comped the dish. The second issue, 2) was with a mango dessert - it was a mango dessert that, while tasty, was apparently pulled from the freezer. The center was frozen solid and a you couldn't get a fork through it. When we talked to our server he said, "that is how we serve it." Unacceptable. Beautiful setting, great sides, poor quality/value.Special Features:
- Old Hickory SteaksRolandVIPDined on 7/15/2014The steaks at Old Hickory are always great and cooked well. The service and view is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Outdoors Without the Bugs!FlamingoVIPDined on 7/11/2014This steak house is located inside the Delta Atrium, so you are dining "outside". The atmosphere is great, complete with gentle breezes and twinkling "stars" overhead. This was not the first time we have dined here, but this is the first time my steak came to the table overdone. After a short debate with our server, (also something that has never happened before), a second steak arrived and it was cooked perfectly. Old Hickory is a great dining experience when traveling to Nashville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerTaco1207Dined on 7/3/2014We dined here the last night of our stay at the Gaylord resort. We were not disappointed. The steak was great and the service was top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beef Jerky for allBeefJerkyDined on 7/2/2014We decided to have a dinner before attending the Grand Ole Opry and we were totally disappointed. Four of us ordered medium prepared steaks and each was so well done that it resembled jerky, not a $42.00-$46.00 steak. No moisture was left in any of the cuts of meat. We would have sent them back but with 5:00 reservations, not receiving these until 6:15, time did not permit. The noise level was so high that you could barely hear yourself think, let alone hear the servers. A waste of over $300.00. Sad to say but a fast food drive thru would have tasted better.
- Awesome anniversary dinner.2565081338Dined on 6/28/2014We loved our experience at Old Hickory Steak House. We make this an annual event for our wedding anniversary and have never been anything but pleased. Service is outstanding (Glass is never empty), the atmosphere is great and the food is second to none. We already plan on being back next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Fabulous!!MmmmMmmmGoodDined on 6/27/2014I almost cancelled this reservation because I thought it would be an expensive dinner that wouldn't live up to the many excellent places I've been fortunate enough to enjoy in my business travel. My family of 4 was passing through returning from Florida & stopped for a night at the Opryland hotel. The wine, Fromager (and his cheeses), Lobster bisque, Filet, Ribeye, Mushrooms, even the Tomato Salad - all fantastic!! Our server, Paul, was also top notch! My 12 & 14 year old kids got a real treat. I've been to Delmonico's, Gibson's, all the Jeff Ruby locations, the chains like Morton's, Ruth's Chris and many others - Old Hickory bested them all. It's a close call in some cases, but the service put Old Hickory over the top!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded ExpectationMediumRareBlackAngusDined on 6/22/2014My wife and I ate dinner here on a Sunday evening to celebrate our anniversary, there was way more food than we could eat. Our server Amir, was excellent. Our steaks were cooked to perfection. Our server's recommendations of the Potatoes Aus Gratin, with a Bleu Cheese was excellent. The Caesar Salad was great. Our drinks stayed full. We had a quiet table beside a fountain. The best part about eating here was being "outside" even though you are eating in the Atrium of the Opryland Hotel. Very nice ambience.Special Features:
- steak house qualityFalconVIPDined on 6/21/2014Steaks and food were great. Prices are higher than New York or San Francisco.
- Very romantic and delishNewYorkGirlDined on 6/21/2014Went for a special date night. What a wonderful dining experience. The only other time I've had something come close was on a 5 star cruise. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.