3139 M St. N.W.
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oldglorybbq.com/
- Phone: 2023373406
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 11:30am - 2:00am Friday & Saturday 11:30am - 3:00am Sunday 11:00am - 2:00am (Brunch 11:00am - 3:00pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Richard Brooks
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: At Old Glory we are proud of our plates... plates of ribs, pulled pork and award winning lamb -- but where is the fun if you can't share? That is why we love a party! That's the way we like it, and we think you will too! Plenty of napkins and plates to share as your family and friends. Dive in to our St. Louis Spareribs, sharing old stories and making new memories. Smiles to belly laughs to be remembered over Sliced Beef Brisket. Kids gobbling down Macaroni and Cheese in anticipation of Ma's Apple Cobbler. Contact us at 202.337.3406 to cater your next event!
- Private Party Facilities: Private room can accommodate up to 50 sit-down, separate room rental fee. Non-private groups can be accommodated up to 30 people, no room fee.
- Private Party Contact: Casey King 2023373406
- Entertainment: Soak up your environment... Old Glory is open late! Weekends are for good eatin' and great fun at your favorite barbecue joint! Late night grub and the Old Glory Bourbon Club... Old Glory features 80 varieties, and when you make your way through them all -- not at one sitting, mind you, you get your very own plaque proudly displayed on our hallowed walls! Join in the fun tonight.
- Special Events: Our Glorious Country Brunch is down home, serious eatin'! Loosen the belt, or don't even wear one. With Stuffed French Toast, Old Glory Omelet, or, what we call The Big Breakfast, all washed down with The Best Bloody Mary, we may have to wheel you out!
A word from Old Glory
Of all of our "native" food, barbecue is uniquely, authentically and gloriously All-American. Old Glory, located on historic M Street in Georgetown, captures the food, flavor and feel of the great barbecue restaurants of the United States, and offers representations of each styles of barbecue served in different parts of the country. "It looks like a rib joint, sounds like a rib joint and smells like one...most important, of course, the kitchen smokes fine barbecue," says the Washington Post. The huge barbecue pit, the open kitchen, and the 1901 Silver Dollar Four Winds hand-crafted bar, create lively, exciting atmosphere that is downright down-home.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Old Glory - Best Restaurants in Georgetown ›
Old Glory reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (13)kid-friendly (12)great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for outdoor dining (7)late-night find (7)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (3)hot spot (3)scenic view (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- great barbecue, realistic portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014We had a 7pm reservation and were still seated promptly when our plans changed and we got to Old Glory about 30 minutes early - a great start. The service was fantastic - waiter was personable and "explained" the menu and the various bbq sauces, even brought a sample of beer when I asked about local brews. We love the BBQ pork sandwiches, baked beans, and mac & cheese! The food was great - traditional slow cooked bbq, and realistically sized portions (not so much that you feel uncomfortably full after eating dinner). I marked "moderate" noise level because we were at a table that was quiet enough to have a good conversation, it may have been "livelier" downstairs or later in the evening. Highly recommended; we will be back!Special Features:
- Cve66Dined on 9/19/2014Bar b q--was fine-what you would expect. Good barbq food. No bottle wine list. Great for groups, college students and their families, etc..exactly what you would expect. Teenagers and groups and students in comfortable, active environment w good bar b q food.. Ribs were greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hoped for moreWITravelerDined on 8/28/2014Last night out on a week-long trip to DC and wanted to catch a BBQ place. Reviews spoke highly of Old Glory. Unfortunately it just did not meet our expectations. The amount of food was fine, but it was not the great BBQ dinner we had hoped for. Food was average, pice average, service OK.Special Features:
- LesliAnn1Dined on 8/22/2014Best wings ever! Great barbecue joint, large portions and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prefer to keep it secretPigsFlyDined on 8/16/2014I don't really want to go into this place much and would actually prefer to not review it. It's my go-to place in DC for BBQ. I wouldn't mind it if you never go there. I'm greedy when it comes to pig.
- Nice place to eatMH1212Dined on 8/9/2014Old Glory is a nice restaurant with good food. Personnel is friendly. Overall the prices are a bit high for the food you get, but M street in Georgetown is probably an expensive location for everything.Special Features:
- Good bbqJamesVIPDined on 8/9/2014Old Glory is a great place for no frills bbq. The ribs and pulled pork are excellent. I'm less impressed by the turkey and brisket. If you want a healthy alternative, try the chop house salad.
- Good food in GeorgetownFoodieDined on 7/26/2014Had the bbq ribs and 1/4 chicken. Requested white meat and was really surprised how moiat and delicious the chicken was. The ribs were good too, but the chicken was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sports bar in GeorgetownhoyawolfDined on 7/19/2014Old Glory manages to take high class barbeque and make it a casual experience in a fun sports var type atmosphere. Unlike many of the more pretentious spots on M Street Old Glory knows exactly what it is - great barbeque at fair to mid prices for a casual dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ribs were amazing, service OKcjgeisslerDined on 7/19/2014Our server tried hard, but she wasn't the best about keeping drinks full and, completely oppositely, the entire staff was incredibly overeager about bringing our food out right away and clearing our table when we weren't even done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ribs! Noisy Loud CrowdFatmanDined on 7/5/2014Waitress lost our ticket so we waited an hour for food. Next to no wine selection. If you like noise, ribs and beer, this is your place.
- all americanEllieBDined on 6/27/2014Great all American food. Brought friends visiting from out of town and they LOVED it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 159 reviews are from the Old Glory reviews archive.
- Rare find in a busy townCary28Dined on 6/19/2014Very nice BBQ place in the middle of Georgetown. Reasonable prices for a lot of food, especially the Happy Hr menu. Chili Fries are tasty, as are the sliders. Good ribs and pulled pork are above average, and the sauce are very goodSpecial Features:
- Loud LocalsGrumsDined on 6/6/2014Stopped in as Open Table gave this a 4 star but I'd give 3 at best. Was greeted, yes, but by someone who it turned out to be a kitchen worker. He did not know specials or prices and sat us at a table with a dirty plate. We don't know why he needed to help out when there were other male staff members were standing around eyeing and chatting about women going by the open door. Not pleasant nor professional. We did stay and ordered the sliders which were quite good but the place is noisy with loud regulars who had been there awhile even though it was only 6PM. Not the type of place you'd want to spend much time unless you drank more. Too bad.
- Tourist/Georgetown Frat HangoutCeehVIPDined on 5/31/2014Food is decent and hugely portioned. Bar is lively, with Georgetown students chanting "Georgetown, Georgetown!" Not much ambiance and certainly not somewhere you'd want to go on a date night...that being said, if you're craving some "Southern" food, this is an option.Special Features:
- Best BBQ in DCBBQdinnerDined on 5/29/2014We loved this place! Amazing service, amazing food! Our server Victor was great! He was attentive and very kind. He was always there when we needed him. He took the time to explain the resturant and all the different Foods and sauces, like he was explaining a fine wine list. The food was amazing! Tender pork and brisket donr just right. You can smell fhe hickory from blocks away! Big portions. Fun atmosphere and nice cozy bar. Highly redomend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!TheLuckyOne13Dined on 5/12/2014My husband and I went back to Old Glory because it was where we went on our first date 7 years ago. We were given some great ideas for bourbon choices as well as food by our server. Our appetizer was delicious as was my sandwich and my husband's combo platter!! We tried all of their sauces and they were great as well! The only downfall was that it was 79 degrees in the restaurant--we saw the thermostat... I was sweating while eating so that was the only downfall. It was hot out and I'm sure the smokers and other kitchen equipment added to it but I think something might need tweaked for the upcoming hot days!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodmissnadjaDined on 5/2/2014We stopped by Old Glory because we heard they have good BBQ. The food was good. I wouldn't go so far as to say great. The serving sizes left a little to be desired. The service was OK. It did not seem super busy that day. We were greeted immediately. Got our drinks quickly. Getting the server to come back to take our order and refill drinks could have been faster. Also it took a while for him to come back with the receipt after taking my credit card.Special Features:
- Everything is GREAT hererunnergirlDined on 4/20/2014We love to go here when we visit DC. Everything coming out of the kitchen looks great. Too bad I can't eat it all. Just means we have to return to DC to try something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food went downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2014The food here really went downhill. The french fries were cold, the ribs were not fall off the bone or tasty. I used to come here more frequently but I will not be returning. The service wasn't bad, but the food was.
- Good american style food.NadalaDined on 4/14/2014Good american style food. The food came quickly. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very HickoryMariaVIPDined on 4/14/2014But the burgers and chicken were over hickory flavored and tasted fake. Nice people though.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceMmiladDined on 4/11/2014Great friendly informative staff.,, fun experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome find in DC!ctfamilyoffiveDined on 4/11/2014had a great meal with the family. great menu. will go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodLivesinDCDined on 3/20/2014First time her and all was good, ribs tender, not dripping in sauces, sides were right sizeSpecial Features:
- Beer and Whiskey - Not FooddpbeachDined on 2/22/2014Enjoy the beer and whiskey, but forget about the food. The brisket was fine, but everything else that was eaten at our table was mediocre or just plain bad, including the desserts. At least it's not terribly expensive and the service was good.
- Love itberoDined on 2/21/2014Been there few times. Food was always great. So far I had brisket and pooled pork. Both are amazing. Great place for brunch.Special Features:
- Food was very good. Service....webilliard101Dined on 1/30/2014Food was very good. Service....we weren't sure who our server was (4 different ones to our table) and because we had so many servers, we think that one thought the other was taking care of things. Little attention given to refills for a while. Person who dropped off food said "Your server will be here shortly to explain the various sauces." That never happened. I mean, we were able to figure it out, but if we had waited, the food would have been cold. My wife ordered the pulled pork on a bun w/ one side for (I think) $12. Was a bit over-priced for the portion. The review that we read said they go there often and could never finish a meal because there was so much food. We didn't find that to be the case.Special Features:
- We Keep Coming BackBWLtravelsDined on 1/11/2014Old Glory is one of our favorites to take out of town visitors - easy relaxed atmosphere, solid barbecue, and attentive wait staff make it a dependable and enjoyable experience. Check out the brisket and crunchy cole slaw.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBQ gemkatlucasDined on 1/3/2014My family and I was excited to eat at Old Glory. We had not been to the Georgetown area in quite some time. Our server was named Olivia, she was pleasant, engaging, and knowledgeable of the menu items. We were there to celebrate our daughter's birthday, so the night was a special occasion. Olivia talked to our daughter and recommended some menu items to us..the food was amazing beyond belief, served in large portions so we all could sample each others entree. A True BBQ stop for anyone in the Georgetown area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Check For YourselfOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/30/2013It was an average expirence i expected more due to the fact they insisted i made a reservation. The service was good hostess wise, the waiters hardly knew their menus. I would recommend it, if you are just going for a bite to eat nothing fancy.Special Features:
- Giving 'Glory'HibachiGuy06Dined on 10/26/2013Since moving to the the area, I have been a fan if Old Glory. The slight Ganges in menu have changed my patronage from monthly to a fee times a year. Overall, the food is prepared well and the service is friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 stars for the ribsmjmdcVIPDined on 10/13/2013Good tender fall off the bones ribs cooked the way they should be. Other food off the smoker is good as well. Otherwise it's a bar.
- Wonderful FoodJPKnowDined on 8/17/2013True American BBQ, the 50 Dollar Meat Sampler is a great dealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not agree with previous reviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2013After reading a few recent reviews I was skeptical about making the trek to Georgetown to try this restaurant. My daughter insisted. We went 5:30 on a Saturday night. We had a reservation. Got right in, ordered and our food was there fast. We were startled it arrived so quickly. The BBQ pulled pork was tender and generous and the table sauces YUM. My hubby had the beef brisket and said it was good but had had better. The sides were perfect individual sizes and we both really liked the collard greens and baked beans. I ordered banana pudding to take home. As a Southern girl I was disappointed. It was banana flavored pudding with layers of crunchy praline stuff. No bananas, no 'nilla wafers. Should have read the menu more closely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/6/2013I was expecting great BBQ but got dried up cheap meat in tiny portions. The sauces on the table were fab but I don't expect to have to use condiments to give me all the flavor. A bit disappointing.Special Features:
- Had been there years ago andSteveDined on 8/1/2013Had been there years ago and I was very disappointed this visit. Food was over priced and not worth the money. Better BBQ @ Sonny's.
- Quick Lunch StopLaneyDined on 7/24/2013We were waiting for our hotel to be readied and the teenagers were anxious to shop. We had heard that Old Glory was a great place for burgers and indeed it was. The mini corn muffin appetizers (gratis) were wonderful. Burgers were good and the sweet potato wedges delightfully moist and flavorful. No one left hungry and indeed we were quite full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Barbeque, nice atmosphere...gOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/8/2013Great Barbeque, nice atmosphere...give you that great Georgetown feel!!Special Features:
- go for the food, not for servicea1212VIPDined on 6/7/2013The food was good, barbecue place in the middle of Georgetown! The service wasn't very good. No beverage refill no check up...nothing, the server wasn't very attentive.Special Features: