Old Germany Restaurant
15920 SE 29th
Choctaw, OK 73020Neighborhood:
GermanPrice: $30 and under
Old Germany Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oldgermany.com/
- Phone: 4053908647
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11am to 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: German
- Executive Chef: Jutta Woolf
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our Wine Cellar Room seats up to 48 persons with A/V capability. For groups larger than 48 Sundays and Mondays are available with a minimum of 75 persons.
- Private Party Contact: Mike Turek 4053908647
- Entertainment: Live accordion music on Friday and Saturday nights.
A word from Old Germany Restaurant
Old Germany Restaurant was founded by the Turek family on March 1st, 1976. Having immigrated from Frankfurt Germany the Tureks try to re-create the perfect German dining experience. Today the matriarch Christel Turek is still with the operation along with daughter Jutta and sons Mike and George. We still prepare our dinners fresh from scratch when you order. We feature an extensive wine list with German and International wine selections as well as a wide array of German Beers to complement your dinner. We are open Tuesday through Saturday 11am to 2pm and 5pm to 9pm except Friday and Saturday where we open at 4:30pm and close at 10pm. We are closed Sunday and Monday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Old Germany Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Anniversary at Old GermanyMikeylikesitDined on 3/20/2014What a fabulous evening! The Old Germany mixed platter for two was the perfect choice to celebrate our 10th anniversary recently. I only wish they'd been in my backyard so I could have enjoyed some of the German beers as well. It was well worth the 30 minute drive and we've decided it won't be another year before we go back. The food, the service, the ambience and important to this old man, the ability to hear the conversation at the table were all excellent. The waitstaff were 'johnnie-on-the-spot' without being intrusive, the chefs outdid themselves and as always, the Tureks decor was wonderful. Heartily recommend Old Germany!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cultural vibe but...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2014The salad was superb...cold marinated green beans...my favorite. The main entrees of pork chops and skewered sausage however we're lacking flavor like they were just thrown on the grill plain. Go for the side dishes, brats, certainly the beer and the lovely ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice German atmosphere, friendly,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014Nice German atmosphere, friendly, attentive service service, good food. We had a room which ended up being "private," though it had another table that could have been filled if the crowd was bigger. I was quite happy with the dish I ordered, my wife less so. Our reservation was honored at the time designated, with no problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible serviceBrad6622Dined on 3/8/2014We arrived with our party of four at 7:20 for our 7:30 reservation and seated immediately. We ordered drinks and our food within 5 minutes of sitting down. After waiting for one hour we asked our server when our food was coming and she told us it would be another 15 minutes since they were running behind. We asked to speak with a manager since it seemed like she forgot to put our order in. The owner came up to the table and told us they were offering a groupon and the big tables were getting priority over the small tables and that was why our food was taking so long. We waited another 45 minutes and our food finally arrived and mine was over cooked. The owner came by again and said she was sorry and walked away. We will never return!
- Excellent food at this restaurant.sharDined on 3/7/2014Excellent food at this restaurant. I hadn't been in many years and it was just as superb today as then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty decent timeAntManDined on 3/1/2014The restaurant wasnt to packed and we got right in with our reservations. We were sat in the back in a smaller little area by ourselves. It took a few minutes for our waitress to get to us but I suspect she was with another table. Once she did she was very helpful to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Old GermanyJulesDined on 2/28/2014We eat at Old Germany 5 or 6 times a year. The food, service, and atmosphere make this one of our special night out go-to places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful date night experience!DT1969Dined on 2/27/2014My wife and I had a great date night at Old Germany. Shirley, our attendant, was extremely friendly and helped make the experience that much more wonderful. The food was delicious and we'll be making another visit in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingRedSuzakuDined on 2/21/2014Everything was amazing, but what really surprised me was the green been soup. It was DELICIOUS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- German food for lunchJULESDined on 2/15/2014A couple from Tulsa drove down that day and met us at the restaurant. The food was great as usual, except they were "out of mashed potatoes". How can you be out of mashed potatoes and still serve fried potatoes? Our Party of 4 dined at lunch on Saturday, the waitress was entirely uninterested in being a waitress that day, but after a wait, we were served what we had ordered. Interesting to note, the Pork Schnitzel plate has 2 pieces of meat but the chicken schnitzel only has one. We will return but we will also ask for a certain waiter.Special Features:
- Authentic German FoodLindsNDined on 2/14/2014Great restaurant if you're looking for authentic German Food. Service was amazing, food was excellent. We were not disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- classicseng87Dined on 2/8/2014Great service every time we go in. Always friendly and helpful. Food is amazing and I never am disappointed in what I order. I get something new just about every time I go and never am dissatisfied with any part of my meal. Feels like I am eating a home cooked meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014Loved the food and atmosphere! Service was excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!DinergurlDined on 1/7/2014Enjoyed the food and friends Tuesday night! Service was slow, but pleasant. Plan to go back to Teurig's Tavern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good servicebrittanyeDined on 1/7/2014Had dinner at Old Germany. The pork schnitzel with mushroom cream sauce is not to be missed. The dinner salads are very good and the house vinaigrette was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance & AuthenticityChelleDined on 1/3/2014Ambiance & authenticity are at the at most level of fine or casual dining. The staff is dressed authentictly and are very friendly and ensure that you are having a fine dining experience. The food is amazing and the beer and wine choices are extensive.... And they will cork and wrap your wine bottle to take with you. The desserts are just absolutely delicious at your table or to go. I discovered Old Germany through a friend and my husband and I have gone every year since for our anniversary. Our favorite room is the "Rock Room" and they are always accomidating with a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reunions Don't Workwinn4uDined on 10/26/2013Ten years ago this was my number 1 favroite German Food. I talked my wife into traveling to OKC to go to this restaurant The Jager Schnitzel, the dish that made me want to return, was overcooked and nearly burnt and the fried potatoes were barely above room temperature. The German draught beer selection was the only shining star. The owners daughter/cook came by the table argued that they had to cook the chicken as served for food safety. I called her on this identifying my experience where it has always been fried to a golden brown. She made new plates and I and they were nearly the same as the first which led me to believe that the oil in the fryer may have been the issue? Anyway I will not make the drive from DFW to Choctaw again.
- Always great foodnormannibblerDined on 10/16/2013Some regional restaurants seem to offer a menu limited to a few old favorites. Old Germany continues to offer the best variety of the best of German food. The sauces are unique, the meats are top quality and well cooked, and the sides are authentic and expertly prepared. The service is warm and attentive, shepharded by the ladies with the accents who keep the whole place humming. Generally very busy, so make reservations. The new adjacent tavern looks comfortable and welcoming for football watching and chat. The exterior has been newly renovated, but the restaurant interior is still the charming old jumble of porches and RathskellersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love my time at Old GermanLesaDined on 10/5/2013We've been going since my son was 6 years old. They make us feel like part of the family, the food is always wonderful and the party is always on.Special Features:
- AuthenticAuthenticDined on 9/20/2013Really enjoyed the food, get a lot for your money. This is an authentic German restaurant. Don't go here if you are expecting something else. You will not be disappointed with the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We stopped here on our way1sttimeandlastDined on 9/6/2013We stopped here on our way to the Oktoberfest celebration and was sorely disappointed. My family was stationed in Germany for three years recently and the food at this restaurant is nothing like the quality you get there. I thought it was priced too high as well for the quality. Won't be going back.Special Features:
- Worth FindingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2013Worth finding! Met several friends from out of town here, food and service wonderful! Staff dressed in traditional german dresses and food was great! We will make it a point to return when back in Oklahoma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30th wedding anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2013The food was excellent as always, the service (Gene) was great as always and just a overall wonderful expierenceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant everDennyDined on 8/9/2013I have eaten at old germany several times, hands down my favorite place to eat. You get the same great food and service every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okJohnDined on 7/26/2013Was expensive for average food. The food was nothing special.
- Unique PlaceSceneAlotDined on 7/13/2013This is one of those places that has a loyal following and the place was packed with regulars out for a special dinner. The menu was full of all the delicious German Food I love and a great selection of beer and wine. The meal was really good but I couldn't help but compare it to other good German food I've eaten since there is so much hype around Old Germany and I found it hit and miss. The salad was a standout item. The pork schnitzel-yum- was better than the veal which pains me to say. The Italian Cream Cake was not excellent. Potato Dumpling was beyond bland. Potato salad was good.Special Features:
- Great German Food !OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/6/2013Great German Food and Awesome Atmosphere! Took my In-Laws and they loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Gernam mealWyukonDined on 6/25/2013Everything from the linens to fine tasting made from scratch just for you awaits you. I have been coming here for nearly 24 years, consistently wonderful every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great selection of GermanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2013Great selection of German beers and very authentic German food. An accordion player occasionally comes in to entertain the customers. It's a little piece of Germany in Oklahoma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all aroundblueyzDined on 6/8/2013First time being there and it won't be the last. Excellent food, enjoyed everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good TimechesterVIPDined on 5/3/2013Our party started off with 6. We called the day of and the friendly staff was able to help us expand our party for 4 more guests. The food was great. Service was great. Atmosphere great. Our little girls enjoyed the accordian player who plays every weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- some of the best german foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/26/2013some of the best german food and beer there is.... always a great place to go
- Great food as always. RememberOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013Great food as always. Remember to get a reservation on the weekend and expect about a 30-45 minute wait on your food, since everything is made from scratch. After dinner head to the Tavern and enjoy the game!Special Features:
- The decor was authentic andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013The decor was authentic and inviting. Schnitzel was perfectly done...brought back memories of time spent in Germany. Waitress was friendly and personable.
- So not worth the price.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/30/2013Given the price point of the items on the menu (on average around $25-$28), I would have expected a MUCH higher level of quality of both the food and the service. I was visiting from out of town and wanted a nice place to take members of my family who live in Choctow. My entree was pretty good ("pretty good" as in "not worth the $30 price") and my two family members' steak dinners were, frankly, awful. The service was slow and inattentive. My advice: save your money and your time.
- We have eaten here severalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2013We have eaten here several times and it still continues to be our most favorite restaurant. We love the addition of the new sports bar and patio.Special Features:
- Great German food, good selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Great German food, good selection of draught and bottled German beer, and a good wine list too boot.Special Features:
- Food was excellent. PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Food was excellent. Perfect portions for seniors. Beer selection was great, as was the service. Look forward to coming again soon.Special Features:
- Chef needs to let wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013Chef needs to let wait staff know when they run out of food items....Special Features:
- None of above apply. ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2013None of above apply. Choice based on ethnic food preference and reservations available